Jump to ratings and reviews

Nancy Clancy Chapter Books #3

Nancy Clancy Sees the Future

Nancy'nin sihirli oyuncak kuresi JoJo onu yere dusurdugunden beri calismiyor. Nancy ve Bree'nin oynamayi cok sevdigi kagit tuzluklar da hicbir zaman gelecege dair guvenilir cevaplar vermiyorlar. Sonra, bir anda Nancy'nin ongordugu seyler birer birer gerceklesmeye basliyor! Yoksa Nancy gelecegi gorebilen biri mi oldu? Yasananlar, oyle oldugunu soyluyor! Lionel'in de destegiyle, Nancy sihirli kuresini alip teneffuslerde falcilik yapmaya karar veriyor. Nancy gelecegi goremiyor olabilir, ama basini buyuk, COK BUYUK bir belaya soktugu kesin!(Tanitim Bulteninden)Sayfa Sayisi: 124Baski Yili: 2016Dili: TurkceYayinevi: Dogan ve Egmont Yayincilik

117 pages, Hardcover

Published October 1, 2013

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Jane O'Connor

304 books334 followers
Since the publication of Fancy Nancy, Jane O'Connor's closet now boasts so many boas, tiaras, and sparkly ensembles that sometimes friends do not recognize her on the street. She still resides (that's a fancy word for lives) in New York City with her family and their canine companion, Arrow. --from the publisher's website

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
41 (5%)
1 star
18 (2%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 73 reviews
Profile Image for Ahmad Sharabiani.
9,567 reviews55.5k followers
February 8, 2020
Nancy Clancy Sees the Future (Nancy Clancy Chapter Books #3), Jane O'Connor, Robin Preiss Glasser (Illustrations)

Nancy thinks she may be able to read the future... and all signs point to her being a true clairvoyant (thats fancy for a fortune-teller).

Nancy tries her hand at fortune-telling but quickly learns it’s a bit more complicated than she thought. Does Nancy really have special powers, or is it all just a coincidence?

Perfect for growing fans of Fancy Nancy picture books, the chapter book series continues the fun. Other books in the chapter book series include Nancy Clancy, Super Sleuth and Nancy Clancy, Secret Admirer.

تاریخ نخستین خوانش: روز بیست و دوم ماه نوامبر سال 2019 میلادی

عنوان: نانسی کلانسی آینده را پیش بینی میکند؛ نویسنده: جین اوکانر؛ تصویرگر: رابین پرایس گلاسر؛ مترجم: آوا علی حسین؛ تهران، موسسه فرهنگی رشد؛ 1396؛ در 110 ص؛ شابک: 9786008693260؛ موضوع: داستانهای پلیسی مدرسه ای از نویسندگان ایالات متحده آمریکا - سده 21 م

عنوان: نانسی کلانسی و پولدار شدن؛ نویسنده: جین اوکانر؛ تصویرگر: رابین پرایس گلاسر؛ مترجم: ریحانه جعفری؛ تهران: محراب قلم، کتابهای مهتاب؛ ‏‫1398؛ در 108 ص؛ شابک: 9786004136433؛ گروه سنی‌: ج؛

ا. شربیانی
Profile Image for Cadee.
247 reviews7 followers
July 14, 2021
"I like this book because it made me feel fascinated that she could kind of see the future and that there is a mysterious person in the story." -Cadee, age 9
Profile Image for Tia.
851 reviews324 followers
February 6, 2023
Another sweet story about Nancy, Bree, and the rest of their friends. I love that this shows Nancy following her conscience and apologizing to her friends. Good lesson for littles!
Profile Image for Shelli.
4,985 reviews41 followers
October 28, 2013
This is the third in the Nancy Clancy small chapter book series for young readers. I am so pleased that Jane O’Connor created this collection so fans of the fabulous Fancy Nancy picture books have larger reads available when they are ready to begin their venture out of illustrated stories. In this edition Nancy begins to suspect she may have physic abilities. Does she really have the ability to predict the future?? Should she capitalize on her newly discovered talents?? These questions are answered and much more vocabulary goodness await you in Nancy Clancy Sees the Future.
Profile Image for Courtney Umlauf.
600 reviews13 followers
April 4, 2017
First she predicts who's calling on the phone, then she predicts the weather. Does Nancy have special powers for seeing the future? Her best friend Bree doesn't think so, but that doesn't stop Nancy from setting up a fortune telling business at recess. But does she really have powers or is it just a coincidence? In the end, Nancy finds out that predicting the future can have some unforeseen consequences.

Series Review | TpT Store | Pinterest
Profile Image for K..
Author 3 books17 followers
July 12, 2016
Nancy is convinced she can see the future and ends up causing quite a bit of mischief when she decides to tell fortunes at school during recess. Great book for ages 4-12.
Profile Image for Sienna.
16 reviews1 follower
February 22, 2018
Nancy thought she could see the future, but in the end she tells the truth that she can’t see the future. And it was also funny because she made a goofy face.
Profile Image for Natasha.
281 reviews2 followers
Read
April 11, 2021
Okay this series is turning out to be wonderful. There's a full cast of characters (families, friends, neighbors, teachers, and even some friendly teenagers) that are fairly consistent (even if they're a *little* one-dimensional) that bring Nancy Clancy's world to life. Both my 7yo and 9yo were engaged by and kept up with the story. This really is a great continuation of the "Fancy Nancy" picture books that they're built on.
I was worried it was just "stuff they put out to make money." You see a lot of that with a lot of "content" in general, and it's even worse with kid's stuff-- I suppose because they're less discerning and/or the adults in their lives don't have the time/interest to figure it out. So I'm relieved (and enjoying) the thought and effort put into these books. They even include new line drawings from the woman who worked on the original books!

I especially liked this one because ***Spoilers*** Nancy doesn't actually have "powers." But she convinces herself that she does for a little bit. She even successfully makes a little coin from it. I was happy to see the author show how easy it can be to accidentally trick yourself (and others) into believing psychic powers (and the like) are real.
The kids in these (not just Nancy) have interesting, complicated relationships with each other and the adults in their lives and it's great fun to discover and share them with the kids in my life.
15 reviews
November 6, 2019
This book is about this little girl named Nancy Clancy who loved anything and everything mystery and stuff like that. She has this magical "8" ball that she is obsessed with but one day when she was playing with one of her best friends Bree, it breaks! She then moves on to the paper fortune teller because she is in love and has her heart set on telling fortunes. She becomes more and more fascinated with fortune telling that she starts predicticting some things that actually come true in her life! At school she has her heart set on getting a perfect score on her spelling test and she even gets a tutor to help her get the letters of fragrant right! The next day she has the test and forgets the second r. She also had predicted it was going to rain that day but she did not even bring her rain shoes! I do not want to spoil the whole thing but things just keep on going downhill from their...

I actually really did like this book! I thought it was a very easy read and it was also very entertaining to read with all of the different characters. I have two favorite characters who are nancy (of course) and Bree. They kind of remind me of my best friend and I because they are always with each other and basically are partners in crime. I do recommend this book for people who just want an easy read and wants to have a little time to relax and enjoy some reading!
This entire review has been hidden because of spoilers.
15 reviews
November 20, 2019
In this book, a young girl named Nancy and her friends try to predict the future. They've tried a lot of different things, like paper fortune tellers and magic 8 balls. But when Nancy starts predicting things, they start actually coming true. So she tries to become a fortune teller. When things start going wrong because of her new powers, she will have to find a way to fix it.

I thought this was a good book. It has cute characters and a fun story. The things Nancy does seem like things I used to try to do. I would recommend this book to younger kids though. This book reminds me of the Ramona books, so if you read those, you might like this.
Profile Image for Erin.
768 reviews30 followers
May 12, 2020
Book #3 in the series is just as fun as the first two. What edged it into the 4-star category for me instead of a solid 3 was the struggle Nancy went through when she not only disagreed with her best friend Bree but especially when she had to decide whether/how to tell her classmates that she couldn't see the future after all. I appreciated the opportunity for my daughter to think about those kinds of choices--I even paused when reading to her to ask what she thought Nancy should do.
Profile Image for Bonnie Dennis.
56 reviews14 followers
June 14, 2020
Nancy Clancy Sees the Future

In this AWESOME Nancy Clancy book, Nancy Clancy Sees the Future! She finds out she really is just making really good predictions and stops the fortune telling job she started. She also try to help her friend Clara ave the spelling test.
How will Nancy tell everyone that fortune telling us fake?!? Well...
You can find out if you read the book!
Profile Image for Chloe (Always Booked).
1,783 reviews120 followers
January 20, 2022
This book had such a good lesson about apologizing when you do something wrong. Nancy has good intuition on a couple things so she thinks she can see the future. She starts telling kids futures (even though she's just making it up) and then later has to eat crow.
Profile Image for Chelsea.
265 reviews6 followers
January 22, 2022
Read out loud to Abigail. I appreciated that the MC was a normal, polite little girl who did something wrong and learned from it in the end. Abby stayed engaged especially because she has been big into paper fortune tellers lately.
196 reviews
December 17, 2022
It was almost Halloween.Nancy Clancy was guessing the future. She was a fortune teller. Wait but what these are lucky guesses. And Bree her best friend also disagrees.could she have powers or are these lucky gusses.
8 reviews
July 22, 2017
I thought this book was great! 😊 My favorite part was when Nancy Clancy started tutoring one of her friends so she wouldn't fail. Overall I think this book deserves 5 stars!
Profile Image for Karla.
189 reviews
May 3, 2018
This was adorable. My daughter loved the story. We were able to read it in about three sittings.
16 reviews
May 25, 2021
Abartmak istemiyorum, genel olarak güzel👍

Daha fazlası için Instagram:
@kids.book.review
179 reviews
July 27, 2021
I read this to my 6 and 8 year old. I like how the author continues to integrate words and definitions into the story and how Nancy's mom encourages Nancy to problem solve.
Profile Image for Dolly.
Author 1 book641 followers
November 3, 2013
This is the third book in the Nancy Clancy chapter book series by Jane O'Connor and Robin Preiss Glasser. We have read so many Fancy Nancy books that our girls have become quite familiar with the characters and they feel like old friends to us.

Overall, this is an engaging and well-written story. It has an authentic feel, capturing children in third grade, and I like that Nancy learns a lesson. The black and white illustrations complement the tale nicely and its fun to see Nancy as she gets older. We are really looking forward to more chapter books featuring Nancy and Bree.
Profile Image for Becky.
514 reviews2 followers
February 13, 2017
This is such a fun series! Nancy Clancy is back this time she thinks she can see the future! She makes predictions and is amazed when they come true! Her new-found ability makes her famous at school, and Nancy begins to charge her classmates to tell them their fortunes. Her best friend, Bree, however, is not impressed with Nancy’s fortune telling.

As with the first two books in this series, there is a good life lesson to be learned. Great series for those that may be enjoyed Fancy Nancy picture books and want to follow her adventures through elementary school.
Profile Image for Jennifer.
1,800 reviews
December 23, 2013
4.5/5 stars

I love Fancy Nancy. I read all the junior books with my niece when she was younger. And now that she is eight she loves the chapter books.

In this one Nancy has decided that she has powers. After predicting a few things correctly Nancy decides that she is a fortune teller.

Of course mayhem ensues. It's all pretty funny stuff!

If you love Nancy Clancy then you will love this book!
Profile Image for Nanci Booher.
841 reviews11 followers
November 8, 2013
There will never be a bad Fancy Nancy book in my eyes. I love the chapter book series as I feel like we are watching Nancy grow up. This time, Nancy feels like she can predict the future. Bree, her best friend, is not so sure. It has the same explanation of "fancy" words, just like the picture books and places the same value on friends and family as other books in the series. The kids at school love to move up to these chapter books once they have read the picture books and easy readers.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 73 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.