Start by marking “The Devil's Interval” as Want to Read:
The Devil's Interval

The Devil's Interval

(Maggie Fiore #2)

“Impossible to put down. Sparkling dialog, references both musical and literary, and an offbeat cast of believable characters make the pages fly by.”
Library Journal STARRED REVIEW
Maggie Fiori uses her powers as a journalist to dig into the world of San Francisco's elite after a limo driver is convicted of murdering a socialite. Between managing her sons' soccer practices,
Published September 3rd 2013 by Prospect Park Books (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Devil's Interval, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Devil's Interval

Elizabeth
Colleen Estep
Sep 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review
Maggie Fioro is a editor for the San Francisco magazine "Small Town".
She is also one smart lady, living the American dream, soccer mom to two wonderful boy's and wife to Michael, a well respected tax attorney.
As it turns out Maggie is also a astute detective. A year ago she does the unthinkable and has a affair with her boss, who she didn't even particularly like. Then he is murdered and she finds herself trying to solve the murder, clear her name and save her marriage!
And she does it all. Ex
Nancy Kho
Oct 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I'm not much of a mystery reader but a friend passed this along to me and I'm so glad she did. Linda Peterson is a terrific writer, and did a wonderful job creating multidimensional characters in the person of journalist/amateur sleuth Maggie Fiori, her husband Michael, and the cast of characters who come together to solve the murder of socialite Grace Plummer. As an Oakland resident I loved how the Bay Area played another character in the book; I am left wanting to take my kids on the elevators ...more
Anne
Sep 16, 2014 rated it liked it
Peterson's second Maggie Fiori detective story makes for good reading. A socialite is murdered and a group of women lawyers believe the wrong person was convicted. The story ranges through San Quentin prison, the East Bay and many San Francisco neighborhoods. A sub-plot develops as Maggie and her husband, Michael, cope with marital difficulties. I was taken by the discussion and the interaction of the two. As written by Peterson, the situation and the dialogue was warm, tender and tough. Overall ...more
Emily Higgins
Feb 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspense
Magazine editor Maggie Fiori is approached by a group of attorneys who handle appeals of death row inmates asking that her magazine publish an article about the murder victim. They hope that the article will bring to light new evidence in the case against their client because they believe him to be innocent. Maggie finds it hard to turn away from a good mystery, so she persuades her magazine publisher to do the article. Before you know it, Maggie's husband and even her friends are brought in to ...more
Holly
Sep 09, 2013 rated it liked it
Love protagonist Maggie Fiori for her smart mouth, sense of humor, and the struggles she faces in her marriage. Her description of marriage therapist had me laughing aloud. The books moved slowly in the second half as there was a repetitiveness in characters, action, plot line. I would like to read the first book by Linda Peterson because Maggie's character is worth investigating further.
Julian
Oct 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Web Developer
I plan to work for about 9-12 hours a day. And about 77 hours a week.
Being able to use a computer during your job.
Doing something that I love to do.
Working with computers.
Fun environment.
Creating things.
Natalie
Oct 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Colleen
Oct 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Smart, brisk, and engaging, just like its home city of San Francisco. It takes you into the world of San Quentin, Death Row, the San Francisco jazz scene, the society scene, and the legal appeals process, and is a most enjoyable and entertaining read.
MaryAlice
Sep 23, 2013 rated it liked it
Started out as 4 stars - really readable, interesting & perky characters. Set in San Francisco, but as an SF resident, didn't really recognize the city as an integral part of the novel. Not a knock. Just sayin.
Cherise
Feb 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Such a fun read! Complex without losing the flow, intriguing depth of characters, and even a bit of steaminess thrown in to liven things up. Love the San Francisco setting too!
Dogsandbooks
Oct 09, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-mystery
Not bad. Gave the clues but never got into characters. Nice SF scenes. Would consider another in series. DPL
Maureen
Mar 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was really, really fun to read - loved the characters, loved the main story, loved all the little side stories. I couldn't put this down!
Cecile Christensen
Oct 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Interesting characters and a plot twist that I didn't see coming.
Adrienne
Jan 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
What a good book! I knew about half way through it who the killer was, but it was fun watching Maggie figure out it out. I'm busy looking for more books from this author.
Kate
Apr 01, 2014 rated it liked it
Light, fun, good writing.
Kathy Jund
Apr 11, 2014
Christa
Feb 07, 2015
Emily
rated it did not like it
Jun 05, 2014