Start by marking “Purely Relative” as Want to Read:
Purely Relative

Purely Relative

(The P.U.R.E. #1.5)

Unemployed and living far from home, Gayle Lindley is nevertheless lucky to be alive after narrowly escaping her murderous ex-employer. She’s also thankful to the boyfriend gods for having blessed her with a former co-worker. Jon Cripps is brains, brawn and bedroom-certified, all in one delectable package. Life is finally on the uptick.

…Or so Gayle thinks until Jon pops t
Published April 28th 2013 by Smashwords Edition (first published April 25th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Purely Relative, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Purely Relative

Start your review of Purely Relative
Jill
Feb 10, 2013 rated it really liked it

After being fired from her job, and being responsible for her colleague and boyfriend, Jon also being fired, Gayle Lindley is finding it difficult to land another job. But Jon Cripps is not actually unemployed. He's a FBI agent and was working undercover at Gayle's former firm.

This is a really delightful follow-on from The P.U.R.E., Claire Gillian's clever and funny debut, giving us a glimpse into Jon and Gayle's continuing romance. Though the first book was contemporary romance plus mystery, P
Sandra "Jeanz"
Mar 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
MY REVIEW
As I had read and really enjoyed The P.U.R.E by Claire Gillian I asked if there would be more in the series as I loved the characters of Gayle and Jon so much and wanted to know what the future held for them, and this novella gives us a little insight into that future. So when I knew there was a 1.5 novella available to read and Claire asked if I'd like to read it I jumped at the chance. Claire sent me a free copy in exchange for my honest review.
The cover depicts Jon and Gayle in a qui
The TBR Pile *Book review site*

This sequel is a comedic glimpse into Gayle and Jon's future after Anderson-Blakely and is a great reunion with a wonderful romantic duo. I also enjoyed all their family members.
Ms. Gillian's writing is fresh and enjoyable, both funny and angst-filled in turns without being over the top. I highly recommend this book to those who have read the first one (and the first one to those who have not).
Terri Rochenski
Feb 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Too short! Too short!

That's my only yucky, & not worthy of deducting stars, so onto the yummies. This is a little shorty follow up from the novel The P.U.R.E. which released last April. HERE is my 5 star review for that book. If you haven't read it, do so. But on to the first yummy ...

Voice voice voice voice voice. Ms. Gillian knows how to tell a yummy, fun story. I love her style and snark. Nothing like reading a good romance with a hint of humor to keep a reader giggling or snorting. As I ment
Jacque
Apr 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Anyone who has spent the holidays with his or her family will love Purely Relative. This laugh out loud comedy begins when Jon pops the big question to Gayle - come over for Thanksgiving and meet the family. The mayhem that ensues when everyone lets it all out will have the readers rolling in the aisles. The story is presented from Gayle's point of view so the reader gets to experience meeting all of Jon's family for the first time with her. Each character is perfectly written and completely lov ...more
MsRomanticReads

Picture this: It's Thanksgiving, you're about to be introduced to your boyfriend's parents and siblings for the first time, they're well off, you're barely making ends meet, having trouble finding a job AND you're the new girlfriend since your boyfriend broke off his engagement not very long ago. Oh, and the would-have-been in-laws are close friends of the family, so they'll be there too. Fun times.

Thanksgiving seems to be synonymous with good food and bad behavior. There was no shortage of that
Sandra Bunino
Feb 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013
Claire Gillian's The P.U.R.E. was one of those rare stories that had me thinking about the main characters long I finished reading the book. So I was anxiously awaiting the companion story, Purely Relative. Ms. Gillian does not disappoint! Gayle is as adorable as she was in The P.U.R.E. And Jon? Jon is still as sexy.

Purely Relative give the reader a "deep dive" view of the time span of the next to last and the last chapter of The P.U.R.E. in Gayle's POV. We get up close and personal with Jon's
Melanie Tikalsky
Sep 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chicklit, mystery
I didn't realize this book was part of a series.. I do wish authors would note that on Amazon when they publish! That being said, I really did enjoy this story. It was laugh out loud funny and kept me flipping the pages to see what would happen next!

I don't like to give a full synopsis of the story because I feel it takes away from the surprises of the story. Overall, I found this book to be very enjoyable. The story was great. The story itself was unique and original. I wish it would have been
Pam
Jul 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Curse you, Claire, for not only making me cry once but twice during my reading of this book. *shakes fist*

I had to admit, at first, it started out almost like your typical romance but then Ms Gillian proved me wrong. The character of Gayle really shines in this one. All her insecuries, prat falls...the things that just make her a great character.

I highly recommend this one...but first please read The P.U.R.E and get to know how these characters met. It's worth the ride.
Jenni Fields-Hatfield
"Sex all the time? You'd get blisters and die!"

Purely Relative was definantly too short! Picked it up as a freebie and was not disapointed. It was quick, funny, and left you wonding why this has not already been made into a Hallmark movie!
Corinne Carmony
May 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! A great follow up to the P.U.R.E. and a lot of fun to read. I only hope to see a 2.o soon.
Julie Reece
Feb 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This couple is hilarious, so much fun!

Full review to come.
Apr 27, 2013 rated it liked it
Purely Relative is probably a great follow-up novella to the first in the series, P.U.R.E. by Claire Gillian. Unfortunately, I went in a little blind to the backstory, because I didn’t read the first one, and therefore, didn’t know the characters. This isn’t really a bad thing though, because Purely Relative read just fine as a standalone novella (although I still recommend you read the first one – it sounds like there was action and hijinks).

Gayle is a likable protagonist: she’s funny and witty
Siobhan Muir
Aug 13, 2013 rated it liked it
I liked this story, though I'm not usually a fan of first person tales. However, I will say being stuck in Gayle's head was sometimes frustrating. Like many women (me included), she tends to over-think things and get caught up in her own stuff rather than pay attention to what all is going on around her. This story has quite a bit of humor and embarrassing situations to make a light and fun comedy. Still, I like Jon and Jenny, and Ian, though he's just a bit of a sketch. Gayle does pull it out i ...more
Michele Tanton
Jun 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Pretty good book - drug a little in spots. The only thing I didn't like is that it had a lot of spelling and grammatical errors.
Lynn
Oct 03, 2013 added it
Read this while sick. Follow up novella to P.U.R.E. I enjoyed having a little closure for the characters.
R. Brennan
May 12, 2013
Christina Jowers
Jun 07, 2013
Nen
rated it did not like it
Dec 29, 2014
Jul 18, 2013
Alexandra Johnson
Mar 27, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
Q&A with Claire G...: Sequel to The P.U.R.E. coming 4/30/13 1 3 Feb 28, 2013 08:33AM
I write smart, witty stories for smart, witty readers.

An Air Force Brat born to southern parents, I've lived all over the place but seem to have settled in the Pacific NW in the Portland OR area. I've been married to the same man for over 20 years and we have 2 teenaged sons.

Reading-wise, I love romance (all genres and heat levels), chick lit, mysteries, and YA (dystopian and contemporary mostly)

The P.U.R.E. (2 books)