Start by marking “Giada's Feel Good Food: My Healthy Recipes and Secrets” as Want to Read:
Giada's Feel Good Food: My Healthy Recipes and Secrets

Giada's Feel Good Food: My Healthy Recipes and Secrets

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  989 Ratings  ·  82 Reviews
Food Network’s most beautiful star reveals her secrets for staying fit and feeling great in this gorgeous, practical book with healthy recipes including nutritional information, and personal lifestyle and beauty tips.

Finally answering the question her fans ask most often, “How do you stay so trim?,” Giada De Laurentiis shares the delicious easy recipes and tips she uses t
Published November 5th 2013 by Clarkson Potter (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Giada's Feel Good Food, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Giada's Feel Good Food

Tracy
Mar 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbook
I was prepared to dislike this book and picked it thinking to reinforce my prejudicial belief that beautiful woman with fixed smiles who show-off their cleavage are women with whom I have nothing in common, especially in the kitchen. I was wrong.

In her introduction, Giada says, "I have adopted a balanced way of cooking, eating, and living that works for me and my family. This didn't happen overnight, or by sitting down and scribbling a bunch of rules to follow, but rather over time, by tuning i
Deb
Giada's newest cookbook is full of healthy and delicious-sounding recipes--many of them vegetarian or vegan (also many are gluten & dairy free), along with her tips and suggestions for healthy living. I tagged a ton of recipes to make like Breakfast Bulgur Wheat with Poached Mixed Berries,California Tofu Hash, Detox Broth, Lemon mustard Potato Salad, Artichoke Soup with Fresh Mint, Green Pea, Lettuce and Fennel Soup, Soba Noodle Salad, Rosemary Cashews and Sunflower Seeds, "My Mom's Vegetabl ...more
Shilpa
Nov 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cooking
As far as celebrity chefs go, Giada De Laurentiis, holds the title beautifully. She's earned an Emmy Award for Outstanding Lifestyle Host. Her popular daytime cooking show Everyday Italian feature quick, healthy, satisfying Italian dishes. In her new book, Giada's Feel Good Food, published by Random House, she shares her healthy recipes and secrets.

Wherever she goes, fans ask Giada the same question: How can she cook and eat all of that delicious food she cooks on television, and still look so
Jocelin
Dec 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
The recipes were very simple, extremely healthy looking. This was really a life style book. She gave advice about exercise, makeup and every day healthy changes to feel better. Really great cookbook, worth the purchase price.
Nora St Laurent
May 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved the diversity of recipes in this book. I enjoyed the beautiful pictures sprinkled throughout, they made me want to try every recipe. There are 120 recipes that are her favorites. She has ingredients that are easy to find and simple instructions.

What makes this cookbook different from the others? She’s included the calorie count and nutritional analysis for each recipe, along with a colored icon that signifies if the dish is GF (gluten free) DF (dairy free) V(vegan) VG (vegetarian) it als
Sarah Stehly
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great new ideas from Giada that branched out from her usual Italian recipes. Love the chocolate covered fig balls. Yum!
Pam
Jan 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
I have every single one of Giada's cookbooks, so I didn't even hesitate to order this one.

While it is a very nice book, it is definitely not one of my favorites. When I saw the subtitle – My Healthy Recipes and Secrets – I thought the “secrets” would apply to cooking. Little tips and techniques to eat healthier. I didn't realize that it meant Giada's make up and skin care routines, how she cares for her hair, and even what she carries in her purse. I just don't think all that needs to be in a c
Kelly
Nov 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
See this review on 1776books.net...

Giada De Laurentiis has certainly proven herself time and time again as a food force to be reckoned with. Between her many appearances on the TV circuit, her regular shows on the Food Network, and her many bestselling cookbooks, she's gained and earned a very loyal following. In fact, my husband has stated that Giada’s Short Ribs with Tagliatelle would be his pick for last meal if ever he needs one. However, as she is a p
Dec 21, 2013 rated it liked it
This book was interesting, though I doubt any of the dishes will make it into heavy rotation at my house. It's kid and weeknight-friendly, which is great. And it provides complete nutritional information.

While the book is Italian in spirit, the recipes are generally for more American-style food. The health and beauty tips provided are not really worthwhile - they would appeal to fans, but they're pretty generic and not newsworthy. The photography and food styling are also good here, but the foo
Rachel Rogers
Dec 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Interesting book of Giada De Laurentiis's recipes for a healthy life along with her health/beauty/wellness tips. Some are very practical others not so much. To be fair, much of the advice is very basic: eat a good, diverse menu of lean proteins, whole grains, fruits and vegetables and everything in moderation - especially sweets. However it helps if you are from an influential family, married to a millionaire, famous yourself and beautiful to start with. For the rest of us hopefully these recipe ...more
Shannon
Nov 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I've been a fan of Giada's cooking for a long time. What I really like about this cookbook is that it includes many recipes that fit the way I eat now (almost Vegan), but it also includes recipes that work for the other diets in my family (vegetarian, and whatever is put in front of him:) So it's well-rounded!

Just made the Dijon/red Potato Salad, as well as the Almond Muffins. Both were excellent!
Bonnie
Dec 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
I found some great recipes in here! Many are vegan and/or gluten free or can easily be modified to be that way, and many are sugar-free too. I'm sure to try some of these and some have inspired me with ways to improve/change up my own recipes. Many of the recipes use straightforward ingredients and are not overly complicated to prepare. A great cookbook for folks with dietary restrictions and/or people looking to improve their health.
Jessica
Dec 16, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: cookbooks-2013
I LOVE Giada and everything she makes on her TV shows looks incredibly tasty, but I don't seem to have much luck finding recipes I want to try from her cookbooks. There were one or two recipes that looked good from this one, but what I liked more about this book was that she shared her tips for living a healthy life - what she does for exercise, skin care, etc. Overall, I really like her, but this book not so much.
Isa
Nov 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Giada's latest cookbook is much more personal, with healthier recipes (and nutritional information) that make it a fun departure from her earlier books. Very approachable and different recipes...which we can't wait to try!
Lisa
Nov 14, 2013 rated it liked it
i rented this from the library i love giada's show in the food network and thought that this would be really good considering that this one would be healthy. i found one recipe to copy it was a trail mix. if your a chef would you really just eat a banana or a boiled egg for breakfast?
Sharon Bressen
Nov 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Giada continues to bring us interesting recipes that are easy to make and look delicious. This still she includes some suggestions for living a healthy lifestyle by making small adjustments to our eating patterns.
Michelle
Dec 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was, of course, excited to read through this cookbook. There are so many healthy recipes that I can't wait to try (and alter a bit). But, there are also a lot of "tips" Giada reveals about her beauty routines and such. Definitely a cute book but not as well designed as Weeknights with Giada.
Nicole
Nov 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbook
This book is full of good tips from Giada, and the recipes are FABULOUS. Made a few already and just love them, and they are healthy which is a plus!
Natashya KitchenPuppies
Nov 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Love Giada and this book has lots of great new recipes and ideas for a healthy lifestyle.
Nov 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Although I only got two recipes out of this book, I appreciated the glimpse into the life of my favorite chef!
Robin
Nov 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good ideas without too many weird ingredients.
Kelly
Jan 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2014
Really fun and interesting. Lots of great recipes and personal health/lifestyle info.
Denise
Dec 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
really enjoyed this cookbook and have found some great recipes! Giada has always been one of my Food Network favorites!
Jenn
Dec 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
newest edition to my recipe book collection.....this one is a winner.
Cynthia Zulla
Jan 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Fun read, will try several of the recipes. Also, her recipe for facial scrub works really well.
Beulah Bailey
Jun 02, 2017 rated it liked it
- Ensure that to get clean components for your dishes. If you are looking for the healthiest, go for organic clean vegetables, as this would mean no pesticides healthy recipes or chemicals that can ruin your cake dishes. If organic clean vegetables and components are not available in your area, make sure to wash your clean vegetables thoroughly before using them to get rid of chemical residues.
- Cut down on sodium. This can be one of the essential guidelines in food preparation cake dishes. You
Cara
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
It’s not bad but not a traditional cook book. More of a lifestyle book. I did enjoy a few of the vegetarian recipes but I wasn’t looking for makeup routine suggestions when I picked up this book.
Tina
Dec 27, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: cookbooks
I’ve been a fan of Giada for a long time but I have to say, of all her books this one is my least favorite. I own Everyday Pasta and have checked several of her other cookbooks out from the library. I was looking forward to this new cookbook.

Before I get into my personal pros and cons on the book let me say it’s beautifully photographed and has many healthy recipes. It’s just not for me.

This book isn’t merely a collection of recipes but also includes Giada’s daily living tips for exercise, eatin
Misty
Dec 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Talk about healthy and delicious! These are really easy, simple, healthy, and tasty recipes. There is a guide to balancing the recipes into weekly meals - which helps to mix up and add variety to your daily food intake. Giada also offers a variety of gluten-free and vegan recipes, that taste so good you don't feel like you are missing out!

I have two small issues with the book:

1. There is way too much cleavage for my taste. Don't get me wrong, Giada is a beautiful women, but there is no need to h
Nancy
Jan 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Not everyone will enjoy this cookbook as much as I do, but it really strikes the right chord with me at this time in my life. I love to cook and bake, and am equally interested in healthy living and eating. I had fallen into a bit of a rut, making the same healthy but plain food over and over, and this book has shaken me out of it with new recipes and ideas.

In the two months since I bought the book, several recipes have become regulars in my rotation. I've lost count of how many times I've made
  • Home Made Summer
  • The Comfort Table
  • Eat to Lose, Eat to Win: Your Grab-n-Go Action Plan for a Slimmer, Healthier You
  • Homemade with Love: Simple Scratch Cooking from In Jennie's Kitchen
  • The Dahlia Bakery Cookbook: Sweetness in Seattle
  • Food
  • So Easy: Luscious, Healthy Recipes for Every Meal of the Week
  • Curtis Stone's What's For Dinner? Simple Recipes for Every Night of the Week
  • Martha Stewart's Cakes: Our First-Ever Book of Bundts, Loaves, Layers, Coffee Cakes, and more
  • Lidia's Italy in America
  • Fresh Happy Tasty: An Adventure in 100 Recipes
  • Baked Elements: The Importance of Being Baked in 10 Favorite Ingredients: The Importance of Being Baked in 10 Favorite Ingredients
  • Art of the Slow Cooker: 80 Exciting New Recipes
  • Joy the Baker Homemade Decadence: Irresistibly Sweet, Salty, Gooey, Sticky, Fluffy, Creamy, Crunchy Treats
  • Buvette: The Pleasure of Good Food
  • The Whole Foods Market Cookbook: A Guide to Natural Foods with 350 Recipes
  • Thrive Energy Cookbook: 150 Plant-Based Whole Food Recipes
  • Mark Bittman's Kitchen Express: 404 Inspired Seasonal Dishes You Can Make in 20 Minutes or Less
Giada De Laurentiis is a Los Angeles-based celebrity chef who's published several cookbooks and hosts several shows for Food Network. Born in Rome, Italy, she grew up surrounded by homemade Italian cooking. As a child, she and her family moved to California, where she spent countless hours at her grandfather's restaurant DLL Foodshow. Upon graduating from UCLA with a degree in anthropology, Giada ...more
More about Giada De Laurentiis...