Start by marking “Pinocula (The Creature from My Closet, #3)” as Want to Read:
Pinocula (The Creature from My Closet, #3)

Pinocula (The Creature From My Closet #3)

4.24  ·  Rating Details  ·  252 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
For Rob Burnside, things are going pretty well. His friends are behaving, school isn't too bad, his family's getting along, and Janae, the girl of his dreams, occasionally notices him. Yep, life's okay—until the lying starts.

Meet Pinocula, the new creature from Rob's closet. He is a liar and a jokester and is determined to drive Rob crazy. Obert Skye doesn't let his fans d
Published September 24th 2013 by Henry Holt and Co. (BYR)

To ask other readers questions about Pinocula, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pinocula

Suz
Feb 23, 2014 Suz rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-kid-lit
The latest adventure in Obert Skye's The Creature from My Closet series features a creature called Pinocula that is part Pinocchio and part Dracula. For those of you who have missed the earlier adventures, here's the 4-1-1: Rob Burnside has a bunch of stuff crammed into his closet and lately strange creatures have been emerging from the mess. First there was Wonkenstein (half Willy Wonka/half Frankenstein's monster), and then there was Potterwookiee (half Harry Potter/half Chewbacca). To figure ...more
Dharia Scarab
Jun 28, 2015 Dharia Scarab rated it liked it

Myself, I go ou
Jane
Nov 10, 2013 Jane rated it really liked it
I hardly read any of this, but that's why it gets 4 stars, the 8 y.o. disappears with it and can't wait for the next one ("Katfish").
Sue Wargo
Jun 10, 2015 Sue Wargo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: elementary
Probably one of the best kids books that I've read in ages. Clever well written characters that are funny & real. The book is a mixture of text & pictures with a style that reminds you of a kids journal. For young middle schoolers. Now off to the library to read the rest of the series. Loved, loved it!
Tara Pridy
May 11, 2015 Tara Pridy rated it it was amazing
Zac, 9, bought this at the book fair a few days ago. He just finished it, and asked for the next one in the series. He's not usually an avid reader, although he is a good reader.
Cindyloo
Mar 26, 2014 Cindyloo rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
Like all the books in this series! Great step up from those tedious chapter readers, but still plenty of illustrations. Humorous, silly plots boys love.
Kellie
Feb 03, 2014 Kellie rated it liked it
Another cute creature from the closet! Loved Pinocula in his dark sunglasses and hoodie. I found it hilarious that his fangs would grow as well as his nose when he told a lie. Rob learns some lessons about telling the truth in this one, and also reads a couple more books. :)

Looking forward to Katfish!
The Brothers
Mar 31, 2016 The Brothers rated it really liked it
Asher (10yo) read. "Beardy gives Robert a new creature: Pinocchio and Dracula."
J. Jefferson
Oct 23, 2014 J. Jefferson rated it really liked it
Pictures/drawings throughout the book, but thought-provoking content.
Anthony Johnson
Jan 27, 2015 Anthony Johnson rated it it was amazing
I loved this book... The vampire does not drink blood.
Ema Janeska
Apr 03, 2016 Ema Janeska rated it really liked it
Pretty good
Katelyn
Aug 06, 2014 Katelyn rated it really liked it
AWESOME!!!
Angie
Jun 20, 2014 Angie rated it really liked it
These books seriously make me laugh!
Joseph F
Jan 14, 2014 Joseph F rated it really liked it
For those who like humor this book is for you! This book is a great quick read at only 256 pages long! There are also plenty of drawings throughout the book that will surely keep your attention. If you want to read this book I suggest you read the other two first or other wise things won't make sense. There is also a forth one on the way so be sure to keep an eye out but until then have fun reading! (Also, there's a lot of pop culture references. Keep a eye out for them!)
Matt
May 28, 2015 Matt rated it it was amazing
Super funny! Something you can sink your teeth into!
Meredith Platten
Mar 02, 2014 Meredith Platten rated it it was amazing
What an amazing book!
Maxwell Wippich
Maria
Cute - will appeal to fans of Wimpy Kid. Some fun literary inclusions like Dracula and Pinocchio.

I did sometimes get annoyed at the references to teen girls and mom obsessed with "sparkly vampires" - but maybe that's just because I'm not a fan?
Steve Owens
May 16, 2015 Steve Owens rated it really liked it
I wish these stories came out every week. the humor is spot on.
Stefanie Kellum
Nov 11, 2013 Stefanie Kellum rated it liked it
Shelves: for-kids
Funny but not my favorite of the series. I can't wait for Katfish though! :)
Laura Brownlee
Mar 10, 2014 Laura Brownlee rated it it was amazing
My 10 year old is the one who read this. He wanted to give it a 4 1/2.
Alice
Dec 23, 2013 Alice rated it liked it
A worthy addition to this clever series.
Katie U
Jan 28, 2016 Katie U rated it liked it
not the best in this series
Jessica
Jessica rated it liked it
Apr 25, 2016
Nathan villarreal
Nathan villarreal marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2016
Apollo & Sky
Apollo & Sky rated it it was amazing
Apr 11, 2016
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2016
Macvader2929
Macvader2929 rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2016
  • The Epic Documentary of a Not-Yet-Epic Kid (Classroom, #1)
  • Desmond Pucket Makes Monster Magic
  • The Squirting Donuts (Danny's Doodle, #2)
  • Cartboy and the Time Capsule
  • Bookmarks Are People Too! (Here's Hank, #1)
  • House of Robots (House of Robots #1)
  • Tales of a Sixth-Grade Muppet (Tales of a Sixth-Grade Muppet, #1)
  • Princess Labelmaker to the Rescue (Origami Yoda, #5)
  • Captain Awesome and the New Kid
  • The Tell-Tale Start
  • Attack of the Vampire Weenies and Other Warped and Creepy Tales (Weenies series, #5)
  • Zombie Kid (Case File 13, #1)
  • Stick Dog Wants a Hot Dog (Stick Dog, #2)
  • Revenge of the Loser (The Loser List #2)
  • Sasquatch in the Paint (Streetball Crew, #1)
  • My Life as a Cartoonist (My Life, #3)
  • Frank Einstein and the Antimatter Motor (Frank Einstein, #1)
  • Chickenhare (Chickenhare, #1)
Obert Skye read his first book at age two. He wrote his first story at age four. And he was nearly trampled by a herd of water buffalo at age six. For a short time, he lived on the Isle of Skye in Scotland, where he spent time as a candy-taster. Several years ago, Obert Skye says, he discovered the existence of Foo. Publishing his story as a fictional series was not Obert’s first choice. Neverthel ...more
More about Obert Skye...

The Creature From My Closet (6 books)
  • Wonkenstein (The Creature from My Closet, #1)
  • Potterwookiee (The Creature from My Closet, #2)
  • Katfish (The Creature from My Closet, #4)
  • The Lord of the Hat (The Creature from My Closet, #5)
  • Batneezer