Start by marking “Dark Alleys” as Want to Read:
Dark Alleys

Dark Alleys

Being innocent and proving it are two different things, especially when a powerful politician is involved

Tessa’s life spiraled out of control, and she finds herself in a dark alley on a cold wintry night where she witnesses a murder, and almost becomes his second victim. Homeless and alone, she knows the authorities won’t believe someone like her, leaving her only one opt
Published August 25th 2012 (first published August 19th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Dark Alleys, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Alleys

Start your review of Dark Alleys
Carol L Walker
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Spellbinding!!!

This is the fourth book I've read by this author and they have all kept my attention! I can't wait to read the next.
Good clean Christian mysteries!!!

Cindy
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly engrossing plot with twists enough for mystery fans; clean, Christian, and an enjoyable trip up the excitement path. Love the characters, good or not, they’re well drawn as is the plot.
Tj Akers
Dec 04, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Even though I gave it two stars, I don't think this is an awful book, but I was disappointed by many aspects. I write this as honest feedback in the hopes that Ms. Duncan will try her hand at another novel

The opening chapters were very strong and compelling, but once we get Tessa being in rehab, the book falls into formulaic territory.

First of all there was a lot of squandered opportunity to show Tessa's emotional state in small things like not looking someone in the eye when talking to them. Th
Shylock
Dec 04, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I don't think this book is awful and the the first set of chapters are strong and compelling, but Ms. Duncan could stand a little more originality.

Powerful politician criminals are a staple and I don't think he was that compelling of a villain. Ms. Duncan takes the easy road by making the victim a homeless drunk, which has it's own built-in melodrama. Tessa isn't so bad as a character, but there are many squandered opportunities to reveal much more of Tessa's inner demons that are sacrificed fo
Janice Dick
A well-plotted suspense that kept me clutching my e-reader to find out what happened. I would have given it more stars, but for one major and on-going flaw: typos. Scads of them. Careless punctuation, myriad slips in tense, misspellings and incomplete words (example: he was the murder...instead of murderer, at least two instances of this particular mistake). Please, I beseech all writers out there to do a careful final edit before publication, or have a professional editor work on the manuscript ...more
Joana
Feb 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good all round story with enough action to keep me interested. Several twists and turns in the story line kept things interesting even though at times the heroine almost made you want to smack her. It was different enough not to feel like something I've read before.

Politians going to great lengths to hide their crimes always makes for good story telling simply because it's so close to the truth. It's a light read that could make any dull day better.
Roxann
Jan 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
From the cover: Being innocent and proving it are two different things. Tessa's life spiraled out of control, and she finds herself in a dark alley on a cold wintry night where she witnesses a murder, and almost becomes his second victim. Homeless and alone, she knows the authorities won't believe someone like her, leaving her only one option-to run.

The first few chapters were excellent, but then it slows down when Tessa goes to rehab. It still is an interesting book and worth the read.
Linda Paul
Mar 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great Read!

I really didn't know what to expect when I picked this book but I was looking for a clean murder mystery. This book far exceeded anything I could have imagined. Not only was it a good story, it was believable and it didn't have foolish actions or lack of commonsense! I Will HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS TO ALL MY FRIENDS! I'm hoping there are more great reads from Lillian Duncan!
Allison Kohn
Mar 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This thrilling murder has a twist. the reader knows who done it before the cops do, but there's another twist at the end too. The meat of the story is enough to catch and keep anyone's interest. It has a good message besides the great investigation theme. I recommend it to anyone who likes a good investigative thriller.
annette lowe
Sep 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Mixed thoughts

This book could use another round of editing. The typos, line spacing changes, grammar and and a couple of story flow issues were distracting. However, it was a fun read with a great ending.
Barbara Tsipouras
After an awesome start the story slows down too much for my opinion - but it's worth the patience: the second half is really very good.
Donna Jean Peacock
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read

This book was very, very good. It kept my attention and I just had to keep reading till I got to the end. Looking forward to reading more of Lillian's books.
D
Nov 15, 2014
Ronald I. Pass
Oct 02, 2018
Bobbi
rated it did not like it
Oct 04, 2015
Kendra Waldriff
Mar 01, 2015
Corine Hyman
May 02, 2015

• Missing (Matt Foley/Sara Bradford #4)
  • GOOD INTENTIONS (Chad Hamilton Suspense Series Book 1)
  • REVENGE: A Chad Hamilton Novel (Chad Hamilton Series Book 2)
  • Loose Ends (Unit 28, #2)
  • The Dark Heart (Dinah Harris Mysteries #4)
  • The Shadowed Mind (Dinah Harris Mysteries #2)
  • Her Undying Faith (New Beginnings #1)
  • Acts of Honor
  • The Priority Unit (Maine Justice #1)
  • The Edge of Recall
  • Fall of Adam: A Chase Harper Justice Thriller Book 1
  • Forget Me Now
  • Fourth Day (Northwest Counter-Terrorism Taskforce #4)
  • Politics of Murder (The Ransom Walsh Series #2)
  • Exiled Heart
  • Law and Murder (The Ransom Walsh Series #3)
  • Pursued
  • Picture Perfect Murder (The Ransom Walsh Series, #1)
Lillian lives in a small town in Ohio with her husband. She writes the type of books she loves to read--mystery and suspense with a touch or two of romance!