Start by marking “Gathering Darkness (Falling Kingdoms, #3)” as Want to Read:
Gathering Darkness (Falling Kingdoms, #3)

Gathering Darkness (Falling Kingdoms #3)

4.3  ·  Rating details ·  18,498 Ratings  ·  2,574 Reviews
In GATHERING DARKNESS, book three of the New York Times bestselling Falling Kingdoms series, the stakes have never been higher as three teams push forward on a race to find the Kindred, the four elemental crystals possessing ancient all-powerful magic, first:

Prince Magnus has just witnessed torture, death, and miracles during the bloody confrontation that decimated the reb
Published December 9th 2014 by Razorbill

Sasha Alsberg
Feb 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
I honestly don't know where this series is going to go...that's why it's so good!
Gathering Darkness wasn't my favorite book in the series but I'm excited for Frozen Tides!
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Re read in audio to finish the series. Still loving it 💕😊

There are a few people in this book that made me rage!

You have King Gaius who is beyond! And what he did to Gregor in front of Lysandra. I CAN'T EVEN!

Another one I didn't like was Melenia. She was just evil and did stupid stuff over what she thought was love.

AMARA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Her and King Gaius can be thrown on the same fire pit!

I'm on the fence with Prince Magnus, I mean he did one good thing for Cleo. I love Cl
Sana
BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH

Magnus and Cleo aRE A THING AND BETTER STAY A THING. AND JONAS CAN S
Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~
DNF @ 28%

So here is the fucking deal.

I have suffered & I do mean REALLY SUFFERED with this series.

I cannot deal with these paper-fucking-thin, shallow-ass, completely-not-even-worth-my-time, dumb-as-fucking-dirt characters.

I cannot deal with this boring-as-hell, killing-off-characters-left-and-right-for-shock-value, completely-derivative-of-every-fantasy-book-ever plot.

I cannot deal with this childish, who-even-edited-this, are-we-sure-someone-actually-fucking-edited-this writing.

I do
Kassidy
Craziness!!! My mind was blown in those last 100 pages... so many twists so many feels.. I can't even with this book. It is definitely my favorite out of the series so far! LOVE these books to pieces <3 I cannot wait for the next one!
Cait • A Page with a View
Ok, first -- can we just talk about how Jonas is the most useless rebel to ever rebel? The poor guy has done so much over the course of 3 books, and yet... absolutely nothing. He's like that kid in class who the teacher thinks is a genius but really just scrapes by on luck, chance, and other people’s work. At this rate he's probably going to stumble onto the throne accidentally and wind up ruling. And I love it all.

Anyways, yeah, there are a lot of Game of Thrones comparisons that could be made
April
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Magnus & Cleo 😍
Regan
Jan 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-owned-read
4.5
Bentley ★ Bookbastion.net
See this review and more like it on www.bookbastion.net!
__________

Break out the bubbly for me friends, because I have finally escaped finished, this pure torture book!

Cut to me, wondering where all the glowing reviews for this series come from, because I just don't get it.

There are so many better written YA series out there that I would recommend over this one, because this one's got problems. It's derivative to an extreme. Every plot point and character outline is lifted directly from Game of
Meg Eilish
OH MY GOD THIS WAS SO EPIC
I DONT THINK I CAN WAIT ANOTHER YEAR.
Sue (Hollywood News Source)
Q & A with Morgan Rhodes and you could win the whole Falling Kingdoms series, postcard set and a tshirt in Young Adult Hollywood.

Wait a second. I need to calm the rapid thumping in my chest.

Okay.

Here we go.

Falling Kingdoms is one of my favorite series and its sequel Rebel Spring is by far my favorite book for so many reasons. It cemented my love for this series. And here comes the Gathering Darkness, this book is without mercy the most goriest

It is cruel and there would be a princess, a re
Katerina
Dec 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, favorites
“Believe in magic.Believe in the impossible.”

I do believe in magic.I do believe in the impossible.I believe in acts of courage and kindness even when is seems a lost cause,I believe in the knight in shining armor (whoever that legendary rescuer might be,even myself),I believe that no matter what the good will prevail,and thanks to Gathering Darkness,I believe that even the most hideous actions,the most desperate and lost heroes can be redeemed.
“When the sorceress' blood is spilled,they wil
Sabrina
 photo 530689_zpsedead0ba.gif
This is me-
 photo 786513_zpse52a1664.gif
 photo 791706_zps425cb301.gif
Oh My Gosh. I just need Magneo to happen!
 photo 7831645_zpsd853cbf8.gif
Oh wait, they did! BUT NOW YOU NEED TO REALIZE THAT YOU ARE MADLY IN LOVE WITH EACH OTHER SO I CAN MOVE ON WITH MY LIFE!
 photo 695511_zps1f0d1f7c.gif

After Reading
OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!! That was my reaction when I held Gathering Darkness and that
Ahmed  Ejaz
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, full-lengths
Wh...Wha-t have I just finished?! This book has completely changed the direction of the series. UNEXPECTEDLY AMAZING is just an understatement of what this book is.

(view spoiler)
Jiana
Mar 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Update 3/14/2017: I'm downgrading this to 4.5 stars. Comparing it to the previous two books, I think it's more appropriate for it to be a 4.5 instead of a full 5, which was my rating for the previous two books.

Original Review:

Basically, I'm in hell and I want out. Did I sign up for this kind of pain? No (Yes). GUYS, I lost count of how many times I wanted to throw this book against a wall.

I originally wanted to give this 4.5 stars. I gave Falling Kingdoms and Rebel Spring both 5 stars, but with
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤

*4.5 Stars*

Cleo's cheeks flamed. "I hate you."
"Good. You should never forget your place in this palace. You continue to live only because my father doesn't yet want you dead. You have no power here. And, most especially, you have no power over me."

It’s always extremely hard to talk about each book in a long series in a review, because you begin to spoil and become repetitive….but for Magnus?? I’d try just about anything. This series, while easily dismissed by those who aren’t truly enraptured
Cody
Oct 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Gathering Darkness was without a doubt one of the best books I have read of 2016, yes I know its January but still. For those of you who have stumbled across my reviews on Falling Kingdoms and Rebel Spring, you will have noted that I really enjoyed the books but there was something missing, that initial spark or driving force being liking and loving a book. My feelings of Gathering Darkness- I love this freaking book. It's now one of my favourite series.

Falling Kingdoms and Rebel Spring are like
Lia Bonnibel  (pidgey)
Okay, I've got a question.
tumblr_mtv5afZH6B1qili3vo3_500.gif

How, in the name of all things sacred and holy Magnus Lukas Damora included, am I supposed to go to sleep after this?
No, seriously, someone please answer me.
I'm asking those who've read this book already, in particular. How did you menage to go on with your life after finishing this? Enlighten me, you selfish fools!

My head is a mess. My heart, empty and numb. My feels? All over the place.
I've obviously just lost a duel against overwhelmingness and I have no idea w
Joel (Throne of books)
Mar 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
If you would all be as Kind as to excuse me while I scream from having my mind blown that would be greatly appreciated.

Why is my mind blown? Because this series has officially become one of my absolute favorites. And it's because of what a wild ride this book was. Full of numerous deaths and revelations, this was by all means the definition of epic.

Morgan Rhodes really knows how to make your heart pound and making you lose your mind. This world, it's insane. I can't say much about the plot d
Kaylin (The Hiatus Queen)
DNF @ 25ish%

I have exactly no motivation to continue this series. The characters are ridiculously basic as they tumble through a formulaic plot. And the inconsistencies!

It's just not good for my blood pressure to continue the misadventures of:
- Jonas, incompetent rebel everyone loves
- Magnus, the moody prince only the fan base seems to love
-Cleo, as she constantly bemoans her circumstances because no one loves her

And I'm still angry about the ending of the previous book, which included an awful
Jackie Chapman
UPDATE: Dec. 10, 2014
MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR GD

Right off the bat, I LOVED this book! I read it within a 24 hour period, which is huge for me since my other anticipated reads usually take me about 2-3 days to finish. But I just devoured this book and although short-lived I loved every minute of it. GD definitely does not disappoint. Even after I was done with it I found myself rereading my favorite passages. Right from the beginning of this book down to the last page everything was on higher sta
Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》
Buddy read with Diana Bautista!!!

"Darkness rose up to cover him like a thick cloak. Soon he’d make them all burn for what they’d done to him."

This was a fun read, definitely better than the second book! I want to start the fourth one right now, but the 5th book doesn't come out till December!! Must wait a few months. :(

Swaye
Mar 18, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, books
This book left me feeling seriously conflicted.

To be honest, there were huge chunks of it I simply didn't enjoy and it felt more like a chore than anything remotely resembling pleasure to get through. Most of the story felt like it was going around in circles and every chapter often just repeated the same sentiments over and over again from each character's POV.

Personally, there is nothing more frustrating in a series than when an author feels the need to recap what happened in the previous boo
sreeja (semi-hiatus)
Dec 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
THAT ENDING .Why is this series so damn addictive?? My mind still needs to heal from that cliffhanger.
This.series.is.so.freaking.good

Since i can't exactly explain in words let me just sum it up with gifs

first off, i have officially become a huge Magnus fan
 photo 200_zpsxp9djrvy.gif

also this book had such a slow burn romance that it will keep you waiting and when it does happen:
 photo http3A2F2Fmashable.com2Fwp-content2Fuploads2F20132F072F30-Rock_zpsshol2bay.gif
 photo http3A2F2Fmashable.com2Fwp-content2Fgallery2Ftriumph2Floki_zpstmuftkxy.gif

also you will be introduced to a new characters as usual, one being Felix
 photo giphy_zpsktkws6dk.gif

also new political tensions arise when the Kraeshians(idk if thats ho
Stephanie
This book was amazing! I love this series so much! These books are so addicting. I can't wait to read the next book, I just want to binge read this series. If you love Fantasy, I really recommend this series :)
Caitlin
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was talking to some of my friends at about the half way point of this book and I was complaining because so far the first 2 books were only 4 stars and this one was also looking like being a 4 star. However, the last 200 pages completely changed my opinion because it was ridiculously intense. I was on the edge of my seat reading it and I had to take breaks because I was so stressed. I was pretty sure that our main characters would survive this book but I was still extremely worried that someon ...more
♥Christina
3.75 The stakes have never been higher. ★'s

“There are no guarantees in this life, only strong possibilities. That's enough for me.”

“You don't cry when someone pushes you down. You get up. You get up and you fight back. And pretty soon nobody's going to shove you anymore because they'll see it's not worth it.”

Okay... So I gotta say, I still didn't love it! But at least "Gathering Darkness" was better than Rebel Spring even if only by a little bit. My biggest problem with this series is the re
Anne
Apr 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Just finished Book 3 in the Pushy Librarian series, and it was AWESOME!
How did I not know about this series before a month ago?!
I'm guessing it was because Pushy Librarian wasn't quite pushy enough.
Anyway, this is a reallyreallyreally good mature young adult fantasy. If you're into that sort of thing, you should really give these books a shot.

description

The main thing that I love about these books (as I've mentioned before) is that you never know who the hell is going to end up getting offed by the end of
Elena
Jan 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
''And in this moment, he thought she was the bravest and most beautiful girl he'd ever known.''

Not going to lie here...I'M SO FREAKIN HAPPY RIGHT NOW!
I mean I'm devastated at the same time because I have to wait a whole year for the next one. And then another year. And then...another one. This is awful. BUT I'm still thoroughly happy, because, guess what? My ship is finally sailing and I'm so excited to see how everything continues in the next installment!

I'm not going to say anything about the
Yusra ✨
Rating - 4/4.5 stars ✨

I can’t fucking deal with this anymore .
STORYTIME (trust, it connects with this book and my review for it)
So, recently I’ve been having jaw-locking issues, as I had to get braces (again!) after my retainer broke. So, naturally because of the movement in my teeth, my jaw gets sore often and I’m pretty much not supposed to chew gum or eat burgers. But sometimes I do. I can’t live life with limits.
Anyways, I had gum last week and my jaw hasn’t been cooperating since. It’s b
  • Starling (Secrets of the Eternal Rose, #3)
  • The Girl of Fire and Thorns Stories (Fire and Thorns, #0.5-0.7)
  • Quintana of Charyn (Lumatere Chronicles, #3)
  • The Perilous Sea (The Elemental Trilogy, #2)
  • Daughter of Dusk (Midnight Thief, #2)
  • The Queen's Choice (Heirs of Chrior, #1)
  • The Mirror King (The Orphan Queen, #2)
  • Ignite (Defy, #2)
  • The Crimson Crown (Seven Realms, #4)
  • The Pirate's Wish (The Assassin's Curse, #2)
  • The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)
  • Viper's Creed (The Cat's Eye Chronicles, #2)
  • Burn Bright (Dark Star, #2)
  • The Queen's Lady (The Lacey Chronicles, #2)
  • Empire of Shadows (Bhinian Empire, #2)
  • Reign Fall (Demon Princess #3)
  • Anomaly of Blaze (The Fireblade Array, #3)
  • A Tale of Two Proms (Bard Academy, #4)
Morgan Rhodes lives in Ontario, Canada. As a child, she always wanted to be a princess -- the kind that knows how to wield a sharp sword to help save both kingdoms and princes from fire-breathing dragons and dark wizards. Instead, she became a writer, which is just as good and much less dangerous. Along with writing, Morgan enjoys photography, travel, reality TV, and is an extremely picky, yet vor ...more
More about Morgan Rhodes

Falling Kingdoms (6 books)
  • Falling Kingdoms (Falling Kingdoms, #1)
  • Rebel Spring (Falling Kingdoms, #2)
  • Frozen Tides (Falling Kingdoms, #4)
  • Crystal Storm (Falling Kingdoms, #5)
  • Immortal Reign (Falling Kingdoms, #6)

Young Adult Deals

• Beneath the Shine
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Time's Divide (The Chronos Files, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Greensleeves
  • Gilded (Gilded, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Infinity Lost (The Infinity Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Banished of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #1)
  • Keeping You a Secret
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Gena/Finn
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Touch of Eternity (The Curse #1)
  • Dragon Rider
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Flush
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreadnought (Nemesis, #1)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2)
  • Go: A Coming of Age Novel
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Better Nate Than Ever (Better Nate Than Ever #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1)
  • Time Bomb
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dryad-Born (Whispers from Mirrowen, #2)
  • Silvern (Gilded #2)
  • You Know Me Well
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Some Fine Day
  • Mystic (Mystic, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Almost Girl (The Riven Chronicles, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Uprooted
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Ciphers of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #2)
  • The Odds of Loving Grover Cleveland
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Thief's Daughter (Kingfountain, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Darkness Brutal (The Dark Cycle #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Poisonwell (Whispers from Mirrowen, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chaos (Guards of the Shadowlands, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Secondborn (Secondborn, #1)
  • Hate List
    $8.99 $1.99
“In the shadow my father has cast over my entire life, you are the only light I can see anymore. And, whatever the cost, I refuse to let that light be extinguished” 151 likes
“Magnus had come to a horrible realization. One that he knew would cause him nothing but pain and suffering from that day forward.
But there was no changing the truth of it.
He had fallen in love with her.”
136 likes