Start by marking “Unbroken (Beachwood Bay, #1)” as Want to Read:
Unbroken (Beachwood Bay, #1)

Unbroken

(Beachwood Bay #1)

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  13,190 Ratings  ·  829 Reviews
"Mom always told me there are two kinds of love in this world: the steady breeze, and the hurricane. Emerson Ray was my hurricane...."

Juliet McKenzie was an innocent eighteen-year old when she spent the summer in Beachwood Bay—and fell head over heels in love with Emerson. Complicated, intense Emerson, the local bad boy. His blue eyes hid dark secrets, and just one touch c
Nook, 170 pages
Published March 11th 2013 by Melody Grace Books (first published March 10th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Unbroken, please sign up.
Real by Katy EvansDriven by K. BrombergBully by Penelope DouglasCollide by Gail McHughBeautiful Bastard by Christina Lauren
Romance Debuts 2013
464 books — 4,136 voters
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireEasy by Tammara WebberFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesThoughtless by S.C. StephensEffortless by S.C. Stephens
College Romance
1,292 books — 8,141 voters

More lists with this book...

Marina
Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*
2.5 Disappointing Stars!

"My mom always said, there are two kinds of love in this world: the steady breeze, and the hurricane."

"Emerson Ray was my hurricane."

I was very very disappointed. The story wasn't anything great.
I knew what was going to happen in the first few chapters of the book.

Juliet is a girl who met a boy one summer in Cedar Cove...
On a family vacation with her mother meeting up with her family.

She falls madly in love with Emerson. He consumes her! She is willing to give up everyth
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
2 Stars!
description

This book didn't work at all for me. Other than 1 chapter, I didn't like the book.
description

The author talks about how she was before, how her old life was '4 years ago.' How she was with Emerson, how they loved and blah blah blah.. But she didn't show us how she was so how will we know if she's changed.. There is no old scenes with Emerson, about how fiercely they loved each other so then how the fuck will we know.

This book just didn't work for me.. 51% in and I wanted to dump it, But I don't do
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo Free Li xB by sb_zpsamwuwffk.gif

FREE on Amazon US today (9/24/2015)

FIRST 3 books in series are FREE! Untouched (Beachwood Bay, #0.5) by Melody Grace Unbroken (Beachwood Bay, #1) by Melody Grace Untamed Hearts (Beachwood Bay, #1.5) by Melody Grace
Untouched is prologue to Unbroken.
Untamed is the prologue to Unafraid.

BLURB:

Kayla at MyBookMuse
Feb 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
More reviews at: www.mybookmuse.com

tumblr_mg532ghqDP1qc43fto1_500

To say I was hooked from the prologue is an understatement. Melody Grace's debut novel Unbroken is a heart-wrenching tale of love lost, love found, and that sometimes you gotta go through rain if you want to see the sun shine.

Meet Juliet:

0df644c0dfd0722de00656f4a8ef2766
It has been 4 long years since Juliet has set foot in the town of Ceder Cove. It's also been 4 long years since Juliet has seen Emerson.

tumblr_mg81beWl181qawdjao1_500

Emerson broke Juliet's heart on one of the most painful days of her life. Since that day
Jennifer Kyle
Feb 19, 2013 rated it it was ok
2 1/2 Hurricane Stars

Sadly, I wasn't rocked like a hurricane from this book like I thought I would be. I found the story to be pretty predictable. I didn't care for the main character Juliet at all. Her internal dialogue was exhausting and sadly quite boring. I found the book to be a very wordy and I'm sad to say I did skim some pages.

Some things in the story like her internal dialogue felt like it went on forever while other things like Juliet and Emerson's interactions seemed to mostly consis
Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog
4.5 Stars

Pretending like the past never happened is a recipe for disaster.

photo 758aefd1-9136-4f40-9fbb-08ef481d3024_zps6dd50357.jpg

Towards the end of this book, I started thinking….Oh my, God. This totally reminds me of The Notebook! Don’t worry folks, it doesn’t really end like that, but as I look back, it totally was just like the movie…well, not all of it per se, but it did have a lot of similarities: Young summer love, that all consuming-can’t-live-without-you type ending in heartbreak, the mother who frowned upon the relationship, the safe-swe
scribes23
Jul 18, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: new
Favorite quote: ".... I had my heart broke so entirely, It took everything I had not to slash open my wrists just to make the pain stop"

Cover 4/5

Opening Okay! The Prologue is good, tons of melodramatic stuff and all.

Hero I hate him. First of all, abandoning a girl in her most vulnerable moment is a lame jackass move. And doing it again? There is not a redeeming quality in him. Sure he's hot and all, but other than that?

Heroine I hate her more than Emerson, keeps on saying how He destroyed
Bgurl (don't h8 me cuz I'm honestful)
Unbroken (BB 01), by Melody Grace: 2 “STILL Annoyed” Stars.

description

Want to know why, Unbroken (Beachwood Bay 01), by Melody Grace annoyed me? Read my review of Untouched (Beachwood Bay 00). Here’s a link: Click Me Baby

For information about my rating system, see my profile page.
J *deep in the heart of Texas*
2.5 Stars!

Did I read the same book as everyone else? This one just did not work for me.

The story was all over the place, the writing was too descriptive making the story drag, the dialogue was cheesy at times (especially the internal dialogue) and I felt no connection to the characters or the story.

So many pieces didn't add up. There was one flashback where we got a small piece of the past--when Emerson and Jules meet. But then no other flashbacks. I would have liked to have gotten more story
Alexis *Reality Bites*

This sounds promising.... *Grins*
Andrea
Mar 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Waffled between 4 and 4.5 stars, so... 4.25 stars! lol

Like a lot of readers, I've been waiting to read Unbroken since the moment I posted a cover reveal. Shallow? Maybe. A fact of life? You bet. It's a fact that pretty covers draw readers in, but the book better be able to back the pretty up. Unbroken totally did.

Unbroken is told in a manner that I happen to enjoy a lot: We're given a present in which the two main characters, Jules and Emerson, are no longer together, we don't know what happen
Dia
1 star - I did not like it. Like at all.

It's been a while since I rated a book with only 1 star. I really can't remember the last book that disappointed me so much.

I struggled a lot while reading it and I almost DNF it. My mother-in-law recommended it to me and I had high hopes I'll enjoy it. Thank God it was free on Amazon because I would have been sorry otherwise.

I can't even find words to describe how much I didn't like it. It's hard. Really.

So, the story dragged for too much, from the ve
Jamie
Feb 19, 2013 marked it as to-read
This sounds really good and angsty! I don't like the cover though.. the guy on there does not look like a bad boy--like the blurb describes him. This book definitly needs another guy on the front...this guy looks wimpy.
Aestas Book Blog
Mar 12, 2013 marked it as to-read

I like the sound of this one!!

BLURB --> Juliet McKenzie was an innocent eighteen-year old when she spent the summer in Cedar Cove—and fell head over heels in love with Emerson. Complicated, intense Emerson, the local bad boy. His blue eyes hid dark secrets, and just one touch could set Juliet ablaze. Their love was demanding and all-consuming, but when summer
Pam
Feb 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3, new-adult
3 stars
”My mom always said , there are two kinds of love in this world, the steady breeze, and the hurricane.”

Four years ago, the end of summer changed everything, Juliet lost the two people she loved most, the only difference is one is still alive and haunts her till this day; she has to go back to Cedar Cove, to the house full of memories and hopefully put it all behind her. ”Emerson Ray was my hurricane,” and now she has the love of Daniel, her steady breeze.

”I was done with reckless,
Paige Edward
Feb 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favorites
This blew me away. The intensity, the romance, and hot hot Emerson. And I loved Juliet's raw honesty, her intelligence, and the the big reveal at the end. WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT!

I only hope there is more to come. I want to know what happens next with them.
Jess
Feb 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Edit 22/3/2013: This book hit the USA Today Best Seller!!! so deserving!

"This is what they write stories about, I realize, as if from far away. All those books and movies and poems I've read, this is what they all were preparing me for, the day when a strange man smiles at me, and makes me forget who I am."

Ok you know those books where your heart breaks and I mean really breaks where every word you read breaks your heart a bit more and you actually stopped breathing and didn't realise until you
Valerie
Feb 19, 2013 rated it liked it
I have to say I reallllly enjoyed this book it was extremely well written and not too much angst which is great when you just want a break from some of these crazy town books haha I really enjoyed Juliet and Emerson's story but I would have definitely like more of a look in their past I didn't feel like I got to experience there serious desperate love for each other because I was missing their whole past! I definitely felt how in love they were now but I would have loved to see how it began and ...more
Bethany
Feb 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

Unbroken was such a good love story full of passion. Let me just say I need to find me an Emerson, that man is so passionate that he made me weak in the knees.

“You’re mine,” he says again fiercely. “Not his, not anyone else’s. You can try and pretend you don’t feel it, but you do. You’ll always be mine.” He eyes burn into mine demanding, and I know with a terrible clarity, that it’s true.

At just 18 Juliet falls fast and hard for Emerson. They spend a summer together so in love with each
Sara
Feb 19, 2013 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars. The heroine rambled. A lot. It was too predictable and how can someone be so friendly getting dumped.
Elizabeth Lee
Feb 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
So excited I got an ARC of this! Amazing characters and a wonderful story! A must read for all! Add it to your TBR now! :-)
Aishah
Feb 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
BEST. PERFECT. SUPER SHORT. BUT SO FUCKING GOODDDDDD.

THIS BOOK IS BASICALLY A HOTTER VERSION OF THE NOTEBOOK :333
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
Kindle freebie 9/17/15
Lisa
*ARC given to blog for honest review*

5 “heart-stopping, life-changing, all-consuming” Kisses! (trust me, that will make sense after you read it!)

I am a happy happy girl right now. Why, might you ask? Oh that’s because I’ve just finished an awesome, rock your socks off, love it to the very last click of my kindle book. Unbroken is Melody Grace’s debut novel, part of the Beachwood Bay series – and I am ALL kinds of giddy about the upcoming books.

Yes…yes I am smiling :-) BIG time…

So, let’s dive int
Krista
Apr 11, 2013 rated it really liked it

My list of book boyfriends I wish were real has just increased by one. And I loved Emerson because he wasn't picture perfect. In fact, there were times when I thought he was the biggest d-bag ever. That was what made him full of awesome.

Juliet spent one summer falling in love with Emerson. It was the perfect three months until the end when her mother died and Emerson harshly dumped her for no apparent reason. Four years later, Juliet is slowly still trying to put the pieces of her hear
Allison Rivera
Mar 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Find this review and many more here: http://bookfixation.blogspot.com/
Direct Link: http://bookfixation.blogspot.com/2013...

I'm obsessed with New Adult books. This one is definitely one of my favorites! This book was so awesome that I literally didn't stop reading until I was finished! I even skipped my afternoon class just to finish this and now I'm more behind than I already was but I don't care because this book was just epic and I loved it and I don't regret a second of it!

4 years after she l
Dyndyn
May 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Dyndyn by: Trish
That was one intense read. Whew! I'm still reeling from it all and I loved it!

Juliet & Emerson had a past. What they had & lost four years ago almost broke Juliet. She can't go back on that road again. She'll never survive it, if she did. So what was she doing driving to Cedar Cove? She told herself she had to. Someone had to pack up their beach house in preparation for sale. No one else cared but her. Or so she told herself until she saw him again. Emerson, her hurricane.

To describe Ju
Melly
Well, hello, Unbroken ! This book is a little treasure of intense love and passion. Hot passion. Yep. Mmhmm...

Emerson, Emerson, Emerson. Say it with me now, Emerson. *sigh* Oh, that man. I want to grab him and never let go. Maybe throw in a pinch or two. Okay, lick, nibble...you get the idea.
"Tell me 'no'."
Yeah, that's not happening. What's my other option?

Four years should be more than enough time to get over a breakup. That isn't true if your ex was/is the love of your life. Juliet though
Autumn Review
Feb 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, review
Ok, seriously...I couldn't get enough of Emerson. I absolutely loved him! Unbroken for me was a really great read. I loved the story, but fell in love with the characters. This is Melody Grace's debut novel and I have to say I'm pretty excited to see what she comes out with next!

Juliet was a character that I could relate to. I empathized with her. She had an unstable home life and I felt like she was searching for love and affection. She found that love in wild boy Emerson. However, Emerson isn'
playlist 4 63 Jun 26, 2013 10:49AM
New Adult Corner: Unbroken by Melody Grace 7 35 Apr 23, 2013 07:25PM
  • The Stillness of You (Beautifully Damaged, #1)
  • Plastic Hearts (Hearts, #1)
  • Waiting for You (Waiting for You, #1)
  • Broken
  • Let It Go
  • Give Me Something (Give Me Something, #1)
  • Pieces of Lies (Pieces of Lies, #1)
  • Emancipating Andie
  • The Cirque
  • Ruined (Ruined, #1)
  • Drowning in You
  • Misguided Heart (Misguided, #1)
  • Broken at Love (Whitman University, #1)
  • Love Love
  • Mischief in Miami (Great Exploitations, #1)
  • Documentary (Documentary, #1)
  • In the Air (The City, #1)
  • The Love Game (The Game, #1)
NYT bestselling author, a SoCal transplant, and sexy romance junkie ;) New book HEARTBREAKER out March 28th! I never say no to ice-cream...

Beachwood Bay (8 books)
  • Unafraid (Beachwood Bay, #2)
  • Unconditional (Beachwood Bay, #3)
  • Uninhibited (Beachwood Bay, #4; The Callahans, #2)
  • Unstoppable (Beachwood Bay, #5; The Callahans, #3)
  • Unexpectedly Yours (Beachwood Bay, #6)
  • Unwritten (Beachwood Bay, #7)
  • Unforgettable (Beachwood Bay, #8)
“Mom always told me there are two kinds of love in this world: the steady breeze, and the hurricane.” 70 likes
“I always want you, Jules. Even when I hated you, even when I wished I’d never see your face again, I still lost my mind thinking all the things I’d do to you, if you came back.” His voice breaks. When he speaks again, it’s with a rough, ragged tone, like he’s forcing the words out.
“I’ll always want you, Juliet. It’ll be the fucking death of me, but I won’t ever stop.”
47 likes