Start by marking “Danuta” as Want to Read:
Danuta

Read Excerpt

Danuta

4.50  ·  Rating details ·  2 ratings  ·  1 review
In the spring of 1941, a 17 year old girl living in Soviet-occupied eastern Poland is arrested by the Russian secret police and sent with her infant son to a labor camp in Siberia. Her name: Danuta Buczak. Her crime: being the wife of a Polish army lieutenant.

She will see her husband sentenced to be executed. She will bury her child on a Siberian hillside. But her defiant
Published January 2013 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about Danuta, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Danuta

·  2 ratings  ·  1 review

Start your review of Danuta
Diane Laney Fitzpatrick
Mar 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I picked up "Danuta" by John Koenig when I really didn’t have any business getting engrossed in a novel. But I was traveling and thought I’d read during takeoff and then get back to my laptop as soon as the captain's orders were announced. I picked up "Danuta," started reading and was halfway across the country before I looked up from the pages. I was hooked.

The story itself is fascinating: the true tale of a Polish teenager who survives the Nazi invasion only to fall victim to the Soviet
Ellen
Dec 19, 2017
Pmarkt
Apr 17, 2013
Anne Kinsinger
Feb 09, 2015
Robert Miller
Dec 15, 2017
I'm a veteran journalist and recently published my first novel, Danuta. The novel was inspired by the real-life saga of a Polish girl who, in 1941, was arrested by the Soviet secret police and sent with her infant son to a labor camp in Siberia.

The early years of my journalism career were devoted to investigative work, chasing crooked cops and drug dealers. After marriage and parenthood, I