Start by marking “Micah (Bible #33)” as Want to Read:
Micah (Bible #33)

Micah

(Bible #33)

Book 33 of the Old Testament
Published (first published June 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Micah, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Micah

Shantelle
Feb 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"Who is a God like you, who pardons sin and forgives the transgression of the remnant of his inheritance? You do not stay angry forever but delight to show mercy. You will again have compassion on us; you will tread our sins underfoot and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea." Micah 7:18-20 NIV

Now that's amazing mercy and beautiful grace. ^_^ Micah is a pretty violent book; but I love that it ends like this. With God's love and forgiveness. Oh, that we'd turn back to Him!
Jules
Dec 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: bible-challenge
Micah is another prophet. More focus on sin. I dare say there was something positive in this book too, but the sin and destruction is what I remember most.

In January 2015 I set myself the challenge to read the complete Bible within a year. I discovered that was an unrealistic challenge, and decided to pick up my Bible as and when I felt ready to read more of it. Here is a link to all the reviews in my Bible challenge so far:
Andrea Cox
This book, though somewhat difficult to understand at times, when taken as a whole is about good versus evil, right versus wrong.

Which side will you be on? is the pressing question.

For me, I stand with God.

“He has shown you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?” Micah 6:8
Faith
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
“He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?”
Micah 6:8 KJV

“Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the Lord shall be a light unto me. I will bear the indignation of the Lord, because I have sinned against him, until he plead my cause, and execute judgment for me: he will bring me forth to the light, and I shall behold his righteousness.”
Mic
Fables&Wren
Jul 11, 2016 rated it liked it
WrensReads Review:

Sidenote: The reason for such vague and short and "eh" words on each of these books, is because I wasn't challenging the study of the Bible when I read these. I was challenging myself to read the whole Bible in a year because I knew it would be discipline to keep at it daily. I do, however, plan to pick up a book and study what it is saying. Those will be longer reads and more notes.

So here is my review from my "Read the Bible in a Year" challenge. Usually just snippets of thou
Joan Haughton
Jun 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book of Micah provides one of the most significant prophecies of Jesus Christ’s birth in all the Old Testament, pointing some seven hundred years before Christ’s birth to His birthplace of Bethlehem and to His eternal nature: Micah 5:2 - But you, O Bethlehem Ephrathah, are only a small village among all the people of Judah. Yet a ruler of Israel will come from you, one whose origins are from the distant past.

Bless the name of Jesus!
Courtney
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
The reading of God's Word is so remarkable that there is nothing that I can say to make it any better. Please, if you are a lost soul, turn to God! He can heal you and give you the greatest peace that you will ever know!
Royce Ratterman
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I found this work of immense interest and importance.
The compilation of historical accounts, wisdom & proverbial insights, and thought provoking texts, along with descriptive and informative footnotes, are of great value.
Explanations, including varying scholarly views depicting the material related in this book, are available for each of the 66 individual books of the Bible.
This book is but one of the individual 66 books/letters which were written by forty different authors over at least 150
Francesco
te: 3,75
Class: P-A3 (FP)

(Bibbia: libri profetici #33)

Ok. Sto leggendo i libri profetici, cominciando dai profeti minori (!), ed eccomi arrivato a... Michea.
Michea si trova a predicare nel regno del Sud, durante la guerra tra gli Assiri e gli Israeliti del regno del Nord: ne predice la caduta, accusa gli Israeliti di infedeltà a Dio e di ingiustizie contro il povero e anche lui però profetizza una salvezza futura con le sue bellissime e famose parole:
«Ma da te, o Betlemme [...] uscirà colui che
Theresa
Nov 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the Minor Prophets sent to warn the southern area of Israel to repent before they suffer judgement. Only seven chapters and not a depressing as some of the previous books.

This is where the ‘swords into plowshares and spears into pruninghooks’ verse comes from.

Fave verse: Micah 2:1. Woe to them that devise iniquity, and work evil upon their beds? When the morning is light, they practice it, because is in the power of their hand.
MayorEmma
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Micah is awesome! Sure, there's a lot of talk about destruction and wrongdoing, but theres hope in there that makes it so worth reading!
"Though I have fallen i will rise, though I sit in darkness the Lord will be my light!" - Micah 7:8
This is seriously my favorite verse in the bible. If you want to see hope in the midst of bad, read Micah! It is only 7 chapters and worth reading at least once.
Benjamin Stahl
May 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Another prophet beseeching God's people to repent.
Brian Schiebout
Apr 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Micah is the thirty-third book of the Bible, it was inspired by God. Micah was another of the prophets that brought the word of the lord to the people of Judea prior to and during the time of King Hezekiah. He prophecies that because of their sins against God both Israel and Judea will be judged and found wanting. The part of the book that deals with the doom of the nation is very similar to both Isaiah and the other prophets who told of Gods judgment. I find Micah's prophecies about the coming ...more
Cat Juggler
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These were days of unrest, insecurity, and hardship, especially for the peasants and villagers. The harassment of the passing armies, which not infrequently overran the small villages and made slaves of their inhabitants, caused a condition of fear.

In both Israel and Judah, the rulers, the wealthy, the conniving priests and false prophets in the capital cities, feeling secure within strong fortifications, oppressed the poor. The peasants had no protection either from the Assyrians or from the "
Joan Haughton
Mar 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Lord forgives and restores : Micah 7: 8-10: Do not rejoice over me, my enemy; When I fall, I will arise; When I sit in darkness,The Lord will be a light to me. I will bear the indignation of the Lord,Because I have sinned against Him,Until He pleads my case And executes justice for me.
He will bring me forth to the light;I will see His righteousness. Then she who is my enemy will see,And shame will cover her who said to me,
“Where is the Lord your God?” My eyes will see her;Now she will be tra
Lauren Noel Ottwell
Therefore I will look unto the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation: my God will hear me. Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me. I will bear the indignation of the LORD, because I have sinned against him, until he plead my cause, and execute judgment for me: he will bring me forth to the light, and I shall behold his righteousness.
Monda
Nov 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-bible
وَلكِنَّنِي أُرَاقِبُ الرَّبَّ، أَصْبِرُ لإِلهِ خَلاَصِي. يَسْمَعُنِي إِلهِي. لاَ تَشْمَتِي بِي يَا عَدُوَّتِي، إِذَا سَقَطْتُ أَقُومُ. إِذَا جَلَسْتُ فِي الظُّلْمَةِ فَالرَّبُّ نُورٌ لِي. أَحْتَمِلُ غَضَبَ الرَّبِّ لأَنِّي أَخْطَأْتُ إِلَيْهِ، حَتَّى يُقِيمَ دَعْوَايَ وَيُجْرِيَ حَقِّي. سَيُخْرِجُنِي إِلَى النُّورِ، سَأَنْظُرُ بِرَّهُ.

<3 <3 <3
Aug 26, 2018
SC
Jan 02, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Books can be attributed to "Anonymous" for several reasons:

* They are officially published under that name
* They are traditional stories not attributed to a specific author
* They are religious texts not generally attributed to a specific author

Books whose authorship is merely uncertain should be attributed to Unknown.

Bible (1 - 10 of 66 books)
  • Genesis