Start by marking “How To Compost: Everything You Need To Know To Start Composting, And Nothing You Don't!” as Want to Read:

Lars Hundley cuts through the vast amount of information on composting in this quick and to-the-point guide, to give you the essential information you need to start composting now.

This guide is for those new to composting and the following topics are covered:
* Types of compost bins and the pros and cons of each (as well as "no bin" options)
* Composting accessories and
Published June 14th 2012

To ask other readers questions about How To Compost, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How To Compost

Start your review of How To Compost: Everything You Need To Know To Start Composting, And Nothing You Don't!
Dekaydreader
Sep 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Informative, although neither as all-encompassing nor as fluff-free as the title indicates. Put it together with half a dozen other sources, and one still can never be quite sure what went wrong (or right). I have purchased a home on an almost-acre, wooded, no lawn, lots and lots of leaves, lots and lots of weeds, kudzu, stilt grass, and other invasives along with native plants in a wild hodgepodge I'm trying to bring into submission. Decided to build a bare-ground heap, which has been ...more
Jan Green
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Read

Thanks for this concise insight into composting. It was interesting, informative, and easy to read through in a short time. Now I can go back to the places I need to think through again.

chris kisio
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good beginner guide

I wanteD to to a simple compost for veggie scraps and yard debris,this guide was simple and easy to understand.stoked on my new compost bin
Harold R. Snider
May 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
QUICK READ COMPOSTING

A short book with information that is right to the point. With a science background I was looking for more information. It is an easy read however.
Kimalee
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Handy guide for making great earth
Erin  White
Feb 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Beginner

Wanting to learn how to compost and I think this was a good start. Not much detail; but enough to answer my questions and get me started.
Laura Turbe
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great short informative book that takes the mystery out of composting and provides the right amount of information without getting overwhelmed.
Soumya
Apr 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
It's a great book for beginners who don't know much about composting. I Just Got started with my compost bin this year and this book Gave me a clear idea on what to compost and how to compost. Enough to get me through my first year of composting
Beau Gattis
Jun 28, 2014 rated it liked it
Simple, straightforward

This book covers the basics in a simple to understand way. It is composting though, which is fairly simple and straightforward !
Easy to understand and I can't
wait to start composting.
Sara Ebberts
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Concise and helpful

I am new to composting and vegetable gardening. After reading several composting books, I liked this one the best. It was an easy, quick read and I now feel equipped to successfully create my own compost.
Karen Gibson
Dec 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Very clear cut, must easier to understand than some of the other composting books I've read.
Steph Rose
May 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
A great book for those of us who want to get started composting, but don't want to go cross-eyed with a few hundred pages of content. This is a first step, and worth it.
Robert Lewter
Jun 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Informationally just right.
Maria Miaoulis
May 18, 2015 rated it liked it
Definitely not the most glamorous of topics, but if you've ever wondered about what composting entails, then this is your definitive guide to getting started.
Janet
Jun 28, 2014 rated it liked it
Quick and to the point for beginners
Robin Edman
Feb 15, 2019
Kumar gaurav
Aug 06, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Let it Rot!: The Gardener's Guide to Composting (Storey's Down-to-Earth Guides)
  • Composting Secrets: The Beginners Guide To Turning Old Scraps Into Great Soil
  • Sherlock Holmes: The Ultimate Collection
  • Selling the Invisible: A Field Guide to Modern Marketing
  • Canoecraft: An Illustrated Guide to Fine Woodstrip Construction
  • Trizophrenia: Inside the Minds of a Triathlete
  • The Meadow
  • 36 Yalta Boulevard (The Yalta Boulevard Sequence #3)
  • Triathlon Swimming Made Easy: The Total Immersion Way for Anyone to Master Open-Water Swimming
  • The Bourne Legacy (Jason Bourne, #4)
  • Sailing Alone around the World
  • Building Wooden Snowshoes & Snowshoe Furniture
  • Feed Zone Portables: A Cookbook of On-the-Go Food for Athletes
  • Long Distance
  • Wesley the Owl: The Remarkable Love Story of an Owl and His Girl
  • Willpower: Rediscovering the Greatest Human Strength
  • Growing Food God's Way: Paul Gautschi Grows Superior Food With Much Less Work By...
  • The Leap: The Science of Trust and Why It Matters