Start by marking “Losing Hope (Hopeless, #2)” as Want to Read:
Losing Hope (Hopeless, #2)

Losing Hope

(Hopeless #2)

4.35  ·  Rating details ·  90,011 ratings  ·  6,907 reviews
In the follow-up to Colleen Hoover’s #1 New York Times bestseller Hopeless, the charming and irresistible Dean Holder tells the passionate story that has melted thousands of hearts.

In Hopeless, Sky left no secret unearthed, no feeling unshared, and no memory forgotten, but Holder’s past remained a mystery.

Still haunted by the little girl he let walk away, Holder has spent
Published July 8th 2013 by Atria Books

To ask other readers questions about Losing Hope, please sign up.
Darla Hope this helps. You will enjoy all three, as they are meant to be read together!
The Colleen Hoover Collection: Hopeless, Losing Hope, and Finding…more
The Colleen Hoover Collection: Hopeless, Losing Hope, and Finding Cinderella (Hopeless #1, 2, 2.5)
by Colleen Hoover (Goodreads Author)
4.75 · Rating Details · 586 Ratings · 11 Reviews
Follow four unforgettable characters--Sky and Dean, Daniel and Six--on their journeys to happily ever after in this special collection from #1 New York Times bestselling author Colleen Hoover.

HOPELESS
When Sky first meets Dean Holder, he both terrifies and intrigues her--and his well-kept secrets may turn out to dismantle her entire life and open the wounds of her own dark past.

LOSING HOPE
Haunted by the little girl he couldn't save from immediate danger, Holder's life has been overshadowed by guilt, and it is only in loving Sky that he can finally begin to heal himself.

FINDING CINDERELLA
Daniel's disbelief in love at first sight is stripped away the day he meets Six, a girl with a strange name and an even stranger personality. But unfortunately for Daniel, finding true love doesn't guarantee a happy ending...not outside of a fairytale.(less)
Kendall Kramer Yes and no. There are many parts in Losing Hope that are just from Holder's perspective from Hopeless. The story starts about a year before he meets…moreYes and no. There are many parts in Losing Hope that are just from Holder's perspective from Hopeless. The story starts about a year before he meets Sky and there are some extra scenes as well. I was a little worried about reading it at first because I didn't want to reread the situations, but reading it in Holder's perspective just showed how great he really was. Hope this helps! (less)
Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuireClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareReal by Katy EvansEntwined with You by Sylvia DayReckless by S.C. Stephens
Best Books Published in 2013
3,431 books — 7,194 voters
Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuireWait for You by J. LynnThe Coincidence of Callie & Kayden by Jessica SorensenNever Too Far by Abbi GlinesLosing It by Cora Carmack
NEW ADULT 2013
1,190 books — 3,673 voters

More lists with this book...

·  90,011 ratings  ·  6,907 reviews

Aestas Book Blog

Holy hell. HOLY. HELL.

I can't stop living, breathing and feeling this story. Losing Hope was just absolute, beautiful perfection.

I thought I already loved Dean with all my heart, but now I love him more. So. Much. More. I now understand every part of him. Everything he experienced, I went through it with him. The bracelet... finding the letter... needing space... needing her. Finding her. Wow.

I felt this book with every single part of my heart and soul. I swear, it owns a piece of me now.

It. W
Samantha Young
No one writes male P.O.V's like Colleen Hoover. No one. Losing Hope was utterly heartbreaking, compelling, and beautiful. And...I somehow managed to fall even harder for Holder than I already had in Hopeless.

xrysa
Feb 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing

It is really hard for me to review this book since it's one of my favorite books ever.Hopeless and losing hope show us the same events but from differents POVs.In this book we have Holder's POV and I was kind of expecting it to be like the first book but NO.Even though the events are almost the same his book is different and I dont think you will get the feeling of reading the same book.At least that's how I felt.I fell in love again with him and Sky.There were those parts where I knew exactly w
Christy
Recommends it for: Anyone and Everyone... lovers of Hopeless
5+ Blew me away stars!
 photo 8ea8a77f-ce78-447b-8771-566f804eb125_zpscb9e1313.jpg

Just when I thought it couldn’t get any better than Hopeless, Colleen Hoover proves me wrong! I loved that Losing Hope wasn’t just Hopeless from Holder’s pov... it was so much more. Dean Holder is just perfection. You get his story from before Hopeless, and during, and those letters. Those letters destroyed me in the very best way. This book was just amazing. Every book I read by this author gets better and better. I don’t know how she does it, I’m just glad that she does!
Debra
♥ 5 BRILLIANT, EMOTIONAL, HEARTBREAKING, BEAUTIFUL STARS. ♥

Colleen Hoover has done it again!

Colleen Hoover can do no wrong in my book. I've read and loved each and every single one of her books and they were all brilliant, and Losing Hope was no exception. Hopeless was one of my favorite books of 2012 and reading the story again from Holder's POV made me exactly remember why.

***Review contains spoilers for those who haven't read Hopeless yet***

In Hopeless Sky told her side of the story, but
destini mia
Feb 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
**Warning: Spoilers for those who haven't read the first one**
Absolutely breathtaking.

A story about love.

Loss.

Pain.

And forgiveness.

Just when I thought it couldn’t get better, Colleen Hoover comes and just knocks it out of the park!
Dean Holder

Linden Sky Davis

Holder still hasn’t forgiven himself from walking away from Hope thirteen years ago. And with Les’ death, he isn’t the same person her used to be.
And then he sees her.
And gets to know her.
And falls in love with her.
There are two sides to e
Annie Brewer
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the cover!!!! HELLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOO HOLDER!!!!!!!! *SWOON* CAN'T. FUCKING. WAIT.!!!

COVER REVEAL ON SUNDAY PEOPLE!!!!!! OMG, I'M BEYOND CRAZY EXCITED!!!!!!! HOLDER HOLDER HOLDER HOLDER HOLDER HOLDER!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So....HOPELESS IN HOLDER'S POV??? Is this like not the greatest year EVER????

I. CAN'T. WAIT.!!!!

photo TINLID13_zpsf166a378.jpg

photo WOOHOO_zps2fcfc9fc.gif

photo feelings_zpsb3943662.gif
Jennifer Kyle
”I love you, Holder. So much,” she says firmly. “And just so you know…so did Hope.”

description

This story had me thinking from the first chapter what a fan-freaking-tastic read Hopeless would have be if it would have been written in alternating povs!

Seriously, I really enjoyed Hopeless but with the knowledge of Dean Holder’s past, inner most thoughts, his sister Leslie and that ending, the completed story was…perfection.

If you had read my review for Hopeless http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/... then
Rachel Reads Ravenously

“I've loved Hope since we were kids. But tonight? Tonight I fell in love with Sky.”

Losing Hope was a book I told myself at the beginning of 2015 that I would read this year. I just didn't realize I'd wait until the year was finally over to read it. But New Year's Resolution partially accomplished! Got a few more books to read to do so.

It's been a while since I read Hopeless, and that went in my favor when reading this book. Because it had been almost 2 years since reading the fir
Jacqueline's Reads

5 in the SKY Stars

For more reviews, visit Jacqueline’s Reads.

I must warn you, there will be A LOT of hand holding pictures, I just COULD.NOT.HELP.MYSELF!!!

What can I say… I absolutely loved Hopeless and is probably if not my favorite read of all time.

Damn Colleen Hoover, YOU.CAN.WRITE

Losing Hope is Hopeless from Holder’s POV. Remember the part where Sky and Holder didn’t talk to each other for one month, oh.my.gah…. it was killing me… I wanted to know what Holder was doing, what he was up to,
*.Amaia.* BlackMagicRose
Feb 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERY single person in this freakin' world
**If you haven't read book 1, please, stop reading right now. I don't wanna spoil this amazing story for you :) **

**ARC courtesy of Atria Books via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review**

description

I'll be lying if I said this book wasn't the one I was most looking forward to reading this year. It was. And I'm so grateful I got to read this ARC before it was released because I'm sure the wait would have been absolute torture. My expectations were high, and well, this is Colleen Hoover we are talking
Kellie Maddox-Ward
 photo I_cant_even_tumblr_zps12225b65.gif

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Thank you Colleen Hoover for writing this amazing novel in Holder’s POV.

You are an amazing author and I loved every minute of it!

Thank you thank you thank you!

photo funnyface_zps6152ee82.gif

Aya Hamza
May 25, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
DNF at 25%

• First book: Hopeless ★★★☆☆

I can't go any further through this book! *lost interest*
It's the same as "Hopeless" but from Holder's POV this time.
So, I see there's no point in completing a book I already know what happens in it.
Geri Reads
Apr 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
♥♥♥ 5 beautiful, Hope-filled stars!!♥♥♥

Well, it's official. CoHo has done it again with Losing Hope. Now, I know most you are probably sick of this alternate POV trend as I was. I mean, why not write a book with dual POV in the first place. Anyway, CoHo has written something very insightful about why she wrote Losing Hope on her blog, which you can find here.

Now onto our review...

In a nutshell, Losing Hope is more than just a retelling of Hopeless. Yes, we know what happened already so why shou
Catarina

description

Okay, I will not explain the story behind this book because it’s the exactly same one than the first one. If you haven’t read it yet, I advise you to do it faster.
I will only say that this was already an amazing story under Sky’s POV and it was even a greater one under Holder’s. Oh, how I love his mind and the fact that he never actually lose hope.

Usu
Tessa Teevan
Shelves: arc, favorites
Just got this from NetGalley!! EEEEK!

More Holder?! Holder's POV?

Tough Critic Book Reviews
May 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: july-2013
4.5~Stars

Even if it was a box of tampons.....

Because I can't keep my honesty to myself, I'm going to let you in on a little secret. I really wasn't that excited about a book from Holder's POV!! And the acapella choir sang, "WHAT!!?" True story. Don't get me wrong I was excited, but not for the right reasons. I was more excited about getting to read something else written by Colleen Hoover and less excited about what it actually was. If the woman wrote the insert directions on a box of tampons, I
Nikita
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
Have to add it I give up!
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4.5 ★'s

Holder sees Sky at the grocery store and is immediately drawn to her. Thinking she is someone he used to know, he chases after her only to find out it's not her. They keep "running" into each other...is it fate or something else?

This is basically the same story as Hopeless just from the male character's POV. Because of that, I'm linking my review here:

It was interesting getting Holder's POV. I don't why I was taken back by how intense he is especia
Monisha
Feb 10, 2013 marked it as to-read
Colleen Hoover just posted a teaser from Losing Hope.........
Ahh, Can't Wait!!!!

*Happy Dance*

description

“Yo, flipdick. We on for tonight?” Daniel says, walking up to my locker.

The last thing I feel like doing tonight is going out. I know Daniel would probably get my mind off her with all the crazy shit that comes out of his mouth, but I don’t really want to get my mind off her. I haven’t spoken to her since Monday and the only thing that sounds appealing besides being with her is wallowing alone in self-pi
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
~~

After reading This Girl its proven Colleen Hoover can even ROCK re-telling a story in a different pov!!
Eagerly waiting for this book!! :D x_x Its going to be one ride!!

description

Cover is so 'I want to hug Holder's pain away' types! hehe BUT Holder is HOTTER in my head!! :P ;))

We even get a blurb!!

Still haunted by the little girl he let walk away, Holder has spent his entire life
Angela Richardson
Jun 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Firstly...

Stunning! Just stunning Ms Hoover! I applaud you!
This is how you do an alt POV. This is a perfect compliment book to Hopeless.

and as for. . .

DEAN HOLDER.
Beautiful, emotional, raw, angry, deep, passionate, reflective,
DEAN HOLDER.

Holder has managed to crack my top ten list for favorite book boyfriends. Welcome to the club Mr Holder.

If you've read Hopeless, you'll already know this heart breaking, yet bravely emotional and beautiful story, so I won't go into the details of what it's
Lindsay
Whaaaaa??? Im so excited!!! Eeeeeeee

Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Mar 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed for Totallybookedblog.com

I am in awe of Colleen Hoover’s talent. I love her stories, characters and have the utmost respect for this author’s work and seriously, if she doesn’t write a crappy book soon I’m going to run out of superlatives to describe her books in my reviews.

Now, if I thought my expectations couldn’t be surpassed with Slammed, Point of Retreat, This Girl and Hopeless….well, I was completely wrong because in Losing Hope this author once again astounded me with her brillia
Rose
Initial reaction: Honestly, I'm feeling rather gutted and not in a constructive way with "Losing Hope". Holder's account, noted against Sky's, does retread a lot of ground in the story to the point of where in places it feels repetitive (much like Jamie McGuire's "Walking Disaster" did with Travis being in the primary seat versus Abby.).

I realize it's a challenge to write a companion story that "flips the script" or tells a variant version of a same story, but usually the strength in being able
.Lili.
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: 6-star-books
 photo tumblr_mp5ugoBmbM1qjabolo1_400_zps0990fa67.gif

This is one of those magical books that only come around so often. I'm not going to rehash the whole story because chances are if you're reading this, then you've already read Hopeless and know Holder's and Sky's story. All that I will say is that this book is perfect. I often get emotional in books but this book wrecked me in the best way. It was funny, it was sad, and it was inspiring. I don't want to write anymore than this- because I want whoever reads this review to experience Holder's poin
Autumn Review
Apr 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, review
Intense. Heartbreaking. Passionate. Hopeful.

Oh good lord...where do I begin??? I honestly didn't think it was possible to love Dean Holder more. This book? This book isn't Hopeless retold. This book is Holder's story. Yes, there are some recapped moments, but there was so much more that I learned about Holder in this book. Seriously, I fell in love with him even more.

~If I could pre-order a girl, I wouldn't even come close to the version standing in front of me right now.-Loc 949

I always have tr
Amy | Foxy Blogs
***5 Soul Crushing Stars***

Losing Hope is Dean Holder's POV of the story Hopeless. Best rewritten book I've ever read. Learning about Holder and his family and friends added a wonderful dimension to this story.

Grief over his sister's suicide crushes Holder's soul.

description

To cope he writes her letters in a notebook he found in her bedroom. Those letters give us more insight into the dynamics of their relationship and Sky's relationship with Holder.

I was positive that Ms. Hoover would NOT make me cry in
Shannon (leaninglights)
Well it wasn't the worst thing I read but it was not the best. I am not a fan of the "same book, different person perspective" ordeal. This just didn't feel necessary but okay
Hope and Grace Recovery Center 1 3 Feb 18, 2019 01:09AM
Read-along: DT Novembro | Losing Hope 5 7 Nov 25, 2018 03:01PM
Sawdust and Sunshine? 5 335 Feb 23, 2018 05:52AM
Crazy For NA Books: Losing Hope (Hopeless #2), by Colleen Hoover → Start Date: November 14th, 2017 9 7 Nov 18, 2017 06:19PM
Around the Year i...: Losing Hope, by Colleen Hoover 3 26 Jul 21, 2016 02:05AM
Hopeless 2 (Holder POV) 18 308 Nov 04, 2014 07:50PM

• Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Running Barefoot
  • Flat-Out Matt (Flat-Out Love, #1.5)
  • Thief (Love Me with Lies, #3)
  • Light in the Shadows (Find You in the Dark, #2)
  • Here Without You (Between the Lines, #4)
  • Façade (Games, #2)
  • One Tiny Lie (Ten Tiny Breaths, #2)
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
  • The Redemption of Callie & Kayden (The Coincidence, #2)
  • The Edge of Always (The Edge of Never, #2)
  • Bold Tricks (The Artists Trilogy, #3)
  • Forever (Sempre, #2.5)
  • Uncharted (On the Island, #1.5)
  • Collateral Damage (Cross My Heart, #2)
  • Greed (The Seven Deadly, #2)
  • Falling into Us (Falling, #2)
  • The Final Piece
International and #1 New York Times bestselling author of romance, YA and Women's Fiction. Oh, and more recently, a thriller. WHAT WHAT

Don't read me if you're looking for intellectual literature. I'm more of a storyteller than an "author." Read my books if you're looking for a good time, mixed with a little devastation, topped off with some more good time, written using only words I didn't have to

Hopeless (2 books)
  • Hopeless (Hopeless, #1)
“But I’ve learned over the past year what it really means to be able to miss someone. In order to miss someone, that means you were privileged enough to have them in your life to begin with.” 352 likes
“I wonder if it's possible for people to fall in love with a person one characteristic at a time, or if you fall for the entire person at once.” 316 likes