Start by marking “Valkyrie Slumbering” as Want to Read:
Valkyrie Slumbering

Valkyrie Slumbering

After the murder of her father, Kyra's heart is consumed by the need for revenge. The hunt is all that matters. But a chance crossing of paths with the alluring and mysterious Grim threatens to derail her focus and her quest. Something about him draws her in, melts her walls, and speeds her heart. Like her, he is half Alfhiem, but it's more than that. He's funny, considera ...more
Published March 2nd 2013 by Inferno Publishing (first published February 21st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Valkyrie Slumbering, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Valkyrie Slumbering

Shelly
May 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
My first VanHorn, but not my last and while it’s a novella it definitely drew me in. Kyra’s on a revenge quest. Her father’s been murdered and the need for justice is high with her. Along the countryside she meets Grim who has some (if not many) secrets and skill (both on the off the battlefield) and is on his own personal quest.

This story took about chapter for me to get in to but once I was in – I was on board for the adventure. I must give one single warning before going on. This is meant as
L. Vanhorn
Feb 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Steamy nights in ancient Iceland, a search for vengeance, and creatures from Midgard complicating the whole matter, what's not to love?! But then, I'm the author, so I'm biased. ;) Rich in Viking lore, this fantasy novella will appeal to those who enjoy romance, fantasy, and erotica.

For adult audiences only.
D.L. Roan
Mar 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow.

I really liked this story. The characters are rich and I applaud the author's imagination. She created a completely new world with a classic, old-world style. I might just have to take a break from my contemporary reads again for a while.

The only thing I disliked about this story is that I have to wait for the next one!!!

Enjoyable read.

Thanks L. ;)
Karen ~ Divhine
Mar 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was given this book by the author for review. I thoroughly enjoyed this book with all the mystical creatures and really enjoyed Grim and Kyra’s romance. They were so good together. The story was well written and kept me turning the pages, and, it is a very erotic romance. I am looking forward to the next book in the series.
Diana (Offbeat Vagabond)
Original review here: http://offbeatvagabond.blogspot.com/2013/03/valkyrie-slumbering-tour-interview-and.html

Valkyrie Slumbering follows a strong and determined woman named Kyra. Kyra is half human/half-elf and some people don't take to kindly of her kind. This is why she is on the hunt. Someone killed her father and she is out for revenge. While on her mission, she meets a half-human/half-elf man named Grim. They have an instant connection and can't seem to stay away from each other. Together,
Iza
Mar 30, 2013 rated it liked it
More legendary than historical novella, this story is about the meeting of two northern warriors, Kyra and Grim, meeting on their way to revenge themselves on the same man. It's written in the present so you can almost feel you're in it and watching it happen.
I don't know much about northern deities, it was a pleasant insight into a world that reminded me (a little) of the atmosphere of the Windsingers by Robin Hobb.
Well, they meet, feel attracted to each other, then it turns into something mor
Leslie
May 13, 2013
Victoria
May 21, 2013
Erotic Readers & ...: Valkyrie Slumbering 3 14 Mar 08, 2013 10:59PM
With all the alluring creatures available in the fantasy genre, there is no end to the inspiration that keeps my muse up at night. My recipe: Start with choice characters, marinate in fantasy (any of the delicious sub-genres will do) add a heavy dash of romance, and mix in a generous portion of hot and heavy throughout the cooking cycle.

I've been writing for many years and have multiple books pub