Start by marking “Exodus (Extinction Point, #2)” as Want to Read:
Exodus (Extinction Point, #2)

Exodus

(Extinction Point #2)

Reporter Emily Baxter survived the alien red rain that blanketed and annihilated the human race. But after the downpour, and the lethal contagion it spread, came an even greater horror: the rampant transformation of the dead into something utterly unearthly.

With a terrifying new form of life emerging from the mutated landscape, Emily’s only hope is to flee toward distant A
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 302 pages
Published June 11th 2013 by 47North

Start your review of Exodus (Extinction Point, #2)
Nikita
Jul 22, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-on-kindle
Here we go again with the unnecessary laborious description. It takes Emily Baxter 3 pages to hop on her bike. And the bike thing is still mindblowingly inane and plain stupid. Who the hell looks at their bicycle and think 'alien invasion escape plan'? Ugh!
I was better off not reading this one but, like Emily, my curiosity got the best of me.
Marcus
Jul 25, 2013 rated it it was ok
I read the first book, Extinction Point, and while I had some BIG issues with some of the plot devices, I was still moderately entertained. However, I'm pretty sure this is the last book in this series that I'll read. While the writing is good, very good in fact, the storytelling and characters are frustratingly inconsistent and...well, just frustrating.

"She had no idea what any of these dials, switches, and levers did. She mentally kicked herself in the ass again for not having taken any drivin
Dec 03, 2013 rated it it was ok
This is definitely the last book of this series that I will be reading. There was no continuity in the book, at one point they are in Alaska in winter and driving along and go through this whole alien ordeal and afterwards Emily comments that they had a couple more hours of day light left, which isn't happening in Alaska in winter. They continue on and also have enough daylight to fill the Sno-Cat up with gas (20 trips or so back and forth to fill the machine) and shoot guns for an hour. The ver ...more
Jen
Nov 12, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: netgalley
Gertie
4.5 stars. (I tried to give Extinction Point 4.5 too but ended up upping it after thinking fondly of the book the entire following week. :-P)

So, Exodus... in book 2 we are again following Emily on her trek towards the colder northern climes and ultimately, hopefully, Alaska. We are introduced to some new characters along the way, just in time before we get a chance to grow tired of the current company. Then, when things start to see a bit calmer for a bit... BLAMMO!! Pee-your-pants-super-creepy
Silver Thistle
Nov 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: post-apocalyptic
This is the second book in the Extinction Point series and I read both this one and the first one back to back. It's easy to get into and I really like the story but I was a bit apprehensive about starting this as I wasn't a big fan of Emily in the first book, which is unfortunate as Emily has been pretty much the only character for most of it up to this point. By the end of this though she was starting to grow on me...a little. She still frustrates me but if she continues to grow as a character ...more
Natasa
Mar 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is just amazing as the first one. The world that is created here is totally fantastic and alien. Not every page was packed with action or horrible moments, but there was this constant feeling of fear - what's happening next and what's around the next corner.

The ending totally shocked me (view spoiler)
Abbie
Jun 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Actual rating - 3.5
Anissa
I really enjoyed this followup to Extinction & the way it left off definitely has me anticipating the final installment. We pick right up with Emily, joined by Thor, on her way to meet James in Alaska. She runs into a family still in their home when she reaches Styvesant, NY & I was really surprised by how much of the story took place there. James & the Commander of the ISS conference call with Emily to explain to her the urgency of getting out of her location as the red storm is swiftly approac ...more
Amy
Jun 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Have you ever craved one of those cold pre-bottled Starbucks coffee drinks for quite a long time only to chug it down mindlessly once you have it in hand? Well, this book is a little bit like one of those coffee drinks. I found myself waiting for nearly a year to read it only to devour it in a day without barely a blink. And believe me, you'll not want to blink because it is quite a scary tale. Once again, we follow Emily's quest to find someone else besides her trusty dog who has survived the r ...more
Cathleen
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was ok
I received an ARC from the Publisher and NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.

"Exodus" I found to be as hard to read as book 1 was. The main character comes across as silly and stupid. Especially as she is so paranoid it is hard to take her serious. The author tends to be wordy and this is what I have a hard time with. I would find myself swipping through many pages until something caust my eye. It is hard to be interested when Emily takes three pages just to get on her bike and ride off i
Maggie Gordon
♥ Marlene♥
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series, sf-fantasy, kindle
Reading some of the very critical reviews I understand. I was also wondering why Emily who is a reporter does not think of making a photo with her phone and there were other things but I so needed an escape I managed to close my eyes and enjoyed book 2 as much as book 1. The author had made me so curious to what was going to happen which is also not that easy to do so kudos. ( +-+ )
Maggie
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed the second book is this series as much as the first, though if I hadn't read the first one I wouldn't have understood half of what was going on.
It was eerie and creepy and definitely not one to read just before going to sleep.
Steven Konkoly
Jun 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Exodus, the long awaited second book in Paul Antony Jones’ Extinction Point series takes his sweeping apocalyptic vision to the next level.

The reader catches up with Emily, as she heads north along the Hudson River, on the first leg of her journey to reach Alaska and rendezvous with the only other known group of survivors in North America. Guided by an astronaut aboard the International Space Station, Emily’s trip takes on sudden urgency, when she learns that a massive “red” storm rapidly approa
Cheryl
May 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Emily Baxter is a reporter or she used to be until the alien invasion turned the skies blood red. Emily knows she is not the only survivor. She has been communicating with another survivor named Jacob in Alaska. It seems that the aliens can not survive the frigid, cold temperatures. She is trying to make her way to him. Along the way Emily along with her dog, Thor find a family. Emily and the family must trek their way across dangerous territories all the while trying to survive the aliens.

Exti
Mark Gardner
Oct 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
After reading Extinction Point, I read a few other stories, and returned to the series by Paul Anthony Jones. I mentioned I’m a fan of post-apocalypse, and alien invasion. Specifically alien invasion, because everyone who writes it approaches the aliens a bit differently.

While the first book had a strong horror feel to it, Exodus dialed it back. I got more of a feeling of the first season of the Walking Dead TV show, but without zombies. The lovable misfit I liked in Extinction Point continued t
Michael
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
If you haven't read the first book in the series, Extinction Point, you need to as this isn't a standalone novel.

Even if you have read the first book in the series, I'm not sure it will make much sense to you, either, as it didn't to me. In contrast to the first book, which I had a hard time putting down, this second installment really goes off the deep end and is just...weird. Aliens you don't really understand and a never-ending trek to Alaska just make this rather short book go on forever: I
Heather
Jan 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Can I call this Escape from New York...?

Emily leaves the Big Apple and is heading towards Alaska but before she can do that she has to deal with the strange new landscape that has suffocated everything.

No spoilers but along the way she encounters fellow survivors and acquires a dog - this always worries me, I mean will the dog survive??? She sees a lot of freaky stuff and she takes a crash course (literally) in learning to drive.

This second book felt a lot darker to me, she sees up close what
Esmeralda
So, why did I waste my credit on this..? Wait....I didn't !! I got both "Extinction Point" and this one with a $10 coupon from Audible. Still, what a waste!
I must be masochistic or like Emily, kind of stupid......
I skipped at least a third of the book (all those painful descriptions of...whatever ).
I must add that the narration was kind of mediocre at best.
Sabrina Walker
Jun 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great read!

I like the first two books of this series so far. It's a fresh take on a worldwide apocalypse. I love the idea of aliens terraforming Earth. Humans want to terraform Mars, so why shouldn't an alien race set their sights on Earth?
MeganTheNinja
Nov 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great continuation to an already amazing series! Highly recommend!!
Monique
Jan 25, 2016 rated it it was ok
I received a copy of this book through NetGalley
Chris
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Still really enjoyed this continuation of the series. Introduced a few new survivors (view spoiler) when Jacob never let anyone else of his team on the radio, it was pretty obvious that he was alone. No surprise there, though the wheelchair part was a bit of a surprise.

The creatures are still creepy, especially the puppetmaster thing. The scenery is done well. The characters are making a goo
Will Pollard
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Still Awesome

The quality of the series hasn't diminished with book two, with plenty of action and some consistently solid character writing; although I'm not sure I'd be able to learn to drive vehicles quite so quickly.

Emily traverses a vast geographic area in this book, but it's handled in a way that lets you believe it and there is always a reason for her to keep pushing on, beyond the fact that she has a set destination.

It's a pretty ruthless book that does whatever it needs to do to keep th
Amanda Senior
Oct 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic episode of Emily's survival

Emily is a great character who has great depth and just gets the jobs done. This next book didn't disappoint, in fact I downloaded it immediately after reading the first book (even bought kindle unlimited for the first time to get the whole series) . This book has many ups and downs and Emily's has some hard decisions to make. The alien population ever changing in its destruction of the world. More weird and wonderful creatures which m ist come the m
Daniela
May 17, 2019 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book quite a lot as well. It's entertaining and addictive, I couldn't put it down.
It does get scarier as we move forward with the story, and I appreciate that.

I still can't get past some of Emily's silly choices (not charging the solar-satellite-phone? Not taking that bag with her at all times? Stopping for a full night when she knows the storm is closing in?) but again, I think these choices add to the not-so-perfect-main-character persona we've seen throughout the series.

I'll g
Stacy
Two great things happened in this part of the series:
1. She learned to drive. Thank God, because that bike riding was going to be a deal breaker for me.
2. I discovered the author is willing to sacrifice good characters in the name of a good story. So often, authors are nice to their creations when ending their fictional lives makes it much more compelling.

I wasn't sure after part 1, but I'm definitely continuing after part 2.
Christine Bishop
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW!!

Paul Antony Jones has wrote an amazing alien invasion story. Emily has left New York on bike heading to Jacob in Alaska when she comes across a family of survivors. The creatures Emily encounters are truly some of the creepiest things I can imagine. I experienced a flood of different emotions while reading this book and if you enjoy science fiction, aliens, or apocalyptic adventures then I definitely recommend reading Extinction Point and Exodus.
Lisa Dunn
May 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Pretty good end of the world novel

I enjoyed most of this novel. Like the first one in this series, the author spends too much time in his main character's head recording unnecessary thoughts. And she is unrealistically stupid about some things. There were lots of times I wanted to slap her. But the plot is intriguing enough that I grit my teeth and keep reading. And I'm going on to number 3 in the series.

• The Darkening
  • Impulse (Jumper, #3)
  • A Town Called Discovery
  • Mother Ship
  • Under Darkness
  • The Solar War (The Long Winter, #2)
  • Silent Sun: Hard Science Fiction
  • Reflex (Jumper, #2)
  • The Lost Colony (The Long Winter, #3)
  • Seed
  • Final Days (Final Days #1)
A native of Cardiff, Wales, Paul Antony Jones now resides near Las Vegas, Nevada, with his wife. He has worked as a newspaper reporter and commercial copywriter, but his passion is penning fiction. A self-described science geek, he’s a voracious reader of scientific periodicals, as well as a fan of things mysterious, unknown, and on the fringe. Paul is the author of six books, including the bestse ...more

Extinction Point (5 books)
  • Extinction Point (Extinction Point, #1)
  • Revelations (Extinction Point #3)
  • Genesis (Extinction Point Book 4)
  • Extinction Point: Kings

News & Interviews

“From her perch, high above the world, Commander Mulligan watched as the blanket of red closed over all but the tiniest sliver of North America.” 0 likes