Start by marking “On Edge (Decorah Security, #1)” as Want to Read:
On Edge (Decorah Security, #1)

On Edge

(Decorah Security #1)

ON EDGE is a prequel to the Decorah Security series. While in rehab at the Naval Medical Center, Navy SEAL Frank Decorah has a paranormal experience that sets the course for the rest of his life.
Published January 13th 2013 by Light Street Press

Start your review of On Edge (Decorah Security, #1)
Coco.V
Jul 18, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on iBooks today (7/18/2019)! 🎁
Dianne
Feb 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Finally! The story behind the mysterious head of Decorah Securities, Frank Decorah! Frank, a critically injured navy SEAL, is in rehab at the Naval Medical Center. While there, he has a paranormal experience and meets a supernatural being who saves his life, gives him love, makes him whole. Is this life-changing experience the reason why he is so good at matching his special team members with their assignments?

A great story, but way too short! I wanted more about Frank!

Victoria
3 Stars
Stacy Sabala
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, suspense
Book Review- On Edge by Rebecca York

Frank Decorah is in the hospital after being injured in combat. He lost part of his leg. He is learning to adapt to his new situation. One night in the hospital he hears one of the injured soldiers cry out, he decides to check on him. He doesn’t know that his life will forever change again.
He walks in on Lilith, a mind vampire, trying to kill his friend. Then he meets the one to change his life. Ariel works for a higher power to fight mind vampires like Lilit
Theresa
Jan 21, 2018 rated it liked it
A novelette with the beginning story of how the Decorah Security Company began. Frank Decorah is a wounded SEAL in a military rehab faculty after losing a leg on a mission where half his team was wiped out and the rest are in rehab with him. Then late one night he goes to comfort a scared buddy having a nightmare and walks into a situation of contact between us and a dimension filled with angels and mind vampires.

Nice story, but it just didn’t win me over. I think I was expecting something else.
Linda Freeman
Drew to this book because of the cover, the blurb sealed it. Interesting lead in to a series involving another dimension, love found with a good angel (?), fighting with a evil, killing being and a military vet undergoing rehab and physical therapy. The H, Frank, is more sensitive than he ever realized and is able to cross 'levels' or dimensions. He is attempting to save a fellow vet when he comes in contact with both the good and the evil beings. Both of them are shocked that he can see and hea ...more
JoAnne
Oct 25, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A quick read at only a little over one hundred pages but it had a lot packed into it. This is the first book in a paranormal series. There were a few story lines that took us between our world and another that had some goodness but a lot of evil. Frank is injured while serving in the military and while in rehab he encounters an evil force that he ends up battling. Quite a few twists and turns with an unexpected twist at the end for a happily ever after that's otherworldly.

This is the first book
Joan
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
This is a novella, I guess. It’s too long to be a short story and too short for a full novel. It is structurally well-written. I imagine that someone who enjoys paranormal stuff would really enjoy this one. I downloaded this one en masse with a free group of 30-something others sight unseen. This one was better than I expected when I realized the genre.
Michelle Louise
Meh

There’s some good here. Like the fact that the main male character is an amputee. And that his disability is handled well for the most part. There’s some not so good here. Like what feels like cultural appropriation. The main female character has a name which is typically a Hebrew male name yet claims to be from an ancient area that would now be Romania yet she goes around wearing a sari. It was just too jumbled, and it threw me out of the story.

And as much as I actually like sex in books, t
Sylvanaire
Jan 08, 2017 rated it liked it
It was ok, I guess.

I'll admit upfront I didn't read the blurb for the book & went i to the story thinking it was a regular security type romance. So I was understandably confused when the paranormal stuff started. It was very weird!
Tina Arnold
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good Read

This is the first time I have read a book by Rebecca York. I was surprised by the twist in the story line. The characters were very interesting. I like this author.
Radd Reader
Oct 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Short story. Paranormal.
Essie
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this story. The plot was different to other paranormal stories that I have read. The premise was intriguing and the characters were well defined.
Linda
Jul 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
I like Rebecca York's action scenes, but as I get older, I find I prefer "romance" over explicit sex. ...more
Tari Zimmaro
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put it down!

This is the first time reading this author. But I will definitely be getting the rest of her work. Can't wait to see how she expands on this exciting genre
Wendy Campbell
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is an intriguing start to an exciting series. I can't wait to get into the other books. Frank and Ariel make an interesting couple. ...more
Barb VanderWel
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this & I can't wait for more.
I will be also leaving a review on Goodreads @ Amazon.
And letting everyone know about it.
So i gave it a 5 Stars.
Nancy
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
On edge

I loved the story but I hate how the series is broken up. It is hard in Canada to get more of the series
Lorraine Anton
Aug 16, 2020 rated it it was ok
OK okay

This story was not that I could get into. It is a military romance read, but it is a paranormal.
Raven
Aug 15, 2013 rated it liked it
On Edge is another book that is part of the Decorah Security series. This book focuses on Frank Decorah. He is in the hospital after suffering an injury in the war. It focuses on his time in the hospital and then briefly on his time after the hospital. It gives the back story as to why he opened Decorah Security. It is about the length of a novella and only took a little over an hour to read. It wasn't bad. It was a better length than some of the others in the Decorah Collection and I appreciate ...more
Darcy
May 23, 2013 rated it did not like it
I like this authors shifters series, so was looking forward to checking this one out. I made it about half way thru before giving up, things were too weird for me. I liked that Frank was a injured vet and he was on the way to getting well. I hated that their was an evil preying on other vets getting them to give up and not fight anymore. Where things got weird for me was when Frank was able to put himself in a trance and move planes. This one just wasn't for me. ...more
Jen_C
2.5 Not for me stars. Too many adjectives. Hardcore fans of the author will love it though so do not let me stop you.

At least he still had a brother. He wasn’t going to think about his young wife, who had died in childbirth, and the little girl he had given up for adoption, because he knew he couldn’t raise her alone.

Why not? Ever heard of a nanny, housekeeper etc? Did the wife have family that could help? I did not like that no further details were given.
Teresa
Feb 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A very interesting start to a new type of book

With a mix of paranormal and military romance, Frank and Ariel meet one night while he is recovering from losing his leg. He saves Gordon from a vampire who is taking his life force. Even though they discover she can't exist in his world they fall in love. This is the first of currently nine books in the Decorah Security series by Ms. York.
Silver James
Feb 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-books-read
On Edge is an excellent "prequel" to the Decorah Security series. This short story introduces the reader to Frank Decorah, the enigmatic owner of the security firm, and explains how he understands a world hidden from most humans. An emotional read. ...more
Kathy
May 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book is an intense romantic thriller that brings two worlds together in a most unusual way. I was enthralled with the imagery this author created as well as the unique storyline! I don't like spoiling books by giving away too much of the plot but I will say you will enjoy this fantasy very much!! ...more
annette colon
Feb 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
The Soldier and the Angel

Frank survived a war and is in a naval hospital recuperating. Little did he know that he would be fighting another type of war, the supernatural kind. In this war he encounters a mysterious woman named Ariel and together they push back the darkness trying to invade the world.
Stacey
Feb 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
this was on amazon but i never did Goodreads for a while til the last two years now .
read them all wish there was more love the intensity and wish that there was more from this series read love the supernatural and the women or men that one agent or another gets a hold of the characters though it is short and sweet lol i will post reviews done to the amazon but not done here .
April
Oct 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Odd, but interesting paranormal series

Got the first two books of the series. The prequel wasn't my favorite and I hope the next, full-length book is more entertaining. I think the introduction was fine but felt it was missing something in explaining how Ariel came to be...maybe a better explaining of the hierarchy or her role.
Genny Moore
Apr 23, 2013 rated it liked it
Nice because it gives you the background behind the head of the Decorah Security. U don't feel quite as sorry for Frank and not know his story. However I once again had read the sequels before the prequel and it seem like whenever I do that it is a bit of a downer. ...more
Kyra Dunst
Sep 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was a fantastic novella. I love the whole otherworldly aspect, and the challenges this couple faces to be together. I can't wait to read the other books in this series. I would recommend this book to anyone with a love of the paranormal. ...more

• The Last Amen (Kate Murphy Mystery #3)
  • Secret Maneuvers (Ex Ops #1)
  • Tempting Protectors: When Duty and Desire Clash (Protect and Desire Book 2)
  • The Dragon's Pregnant Mate (Shifter Dads #4)
  • The Midnight Dragon's Mate (Shifter Dads, #2)
  • Charmed (Masters and Mercenaries, #20.5)
  • The Red Dragon's Baby (Shifter Dads, #1)
  • Stranded with the SEAL (H.E.R.O. Force, #1)
  • Innocent (Pen Pals and Serial Killers #5)
  • The Awakening (The Dragon Heart Legacy, #1)
  • Healing of the Wolf (The Wild Hunt Legacy, #5)
  • Wild Night (Wilder Irish #10)
  • Must Love Alligators (Boys of the Bayou, #5)
  • Hiding from the Sheriff (A Southern Kind of Love, #1)
  • Agent Zero (Agent Zero Spy Thriller #1)
  • Falling for Her Client (A Southern Kind of Love, #2)
  • Falling for Zeke (Stryker Security Force, #1)
  • Lone Survivor (Crescent City Kings #1)
Ruth Glick (born 1942) is a best-selling author of healthy cookbooks and has also written dozens of romantic suspense romance novels under the pen name Rebecca York.

Ruth earned a B.A. in American Thought and Civilization from George Washington University and an M.A. in American Studies from the University of Maryland. Although she always wanted to become a writer, Glick was convinced that her lack

Decorah Security (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • Dark Moon (Moon, #10; Decorah Security, #2)
  • Chained (Decorah Security, #3)
  • Ambushed (Decorah Security, #4)
  • Dark Powers (Decorah Security, #5)
  • Hot and Dangerous (Decorah Security #6)
  • At Risk (Decorah Security, #7)
  • Christmas Captive (Decorah Security, #8)
  • Destination Wedding (Decorah Security, #9)
  • Rx Missing (Decorah Security, #10)
  • Hunting Moon (Decorah Security, #11)