Start by marking “On Edge (Decorah Security, #1)” as Want to Read:
On Edge (Decorah Security, #1)

On Edge

(Decorah Security #1)

ON EDGE is a prequel to the Decorah Security series. While in rehab at the Naval Medical Center, Navy SEAL Frank Decorah has a paranormal experience that sets the course for the rest of his life.
Published January 13th 2013 by Light Street Press

Start your review of On Edge (Decorah Security, #1)
Coco.V
Jul 18, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
FREE on iBooks today (7/18/2019)! ...more
Dianne
Feb 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Finally! The story behind the mysterious head of Decorah Securities, Frank Decorah! Frank, a critically injured navy SEAL, is in rehab at the Naval Medical Center. While there, he has a paranormal experience and meets a supernatural being who saves his life, gives him love, makes him whole. Is this life-changing experience the reason why he is so good at matching his special team members with their assignments?

A great story, but way too short! I wanted more about Frank!

Stacy Sabala
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, suspense
Book Review- On Edge by Rebecca York

Frank Decorah is in the hospital after being injured in combat. He lost part of his leg. He is learning to adapt to his new situation. One night in the hospital he hears one of the injured soldiers cry out, he decides to check on him. He doesn’t know that his life will forever change again.
He walks in on Lilith, a mind vampire, trying to kill his friend. Then he meets the one to change his life. Ariel works for a higher power to fight mind vampires like
Theresa
Jan 21, 2018 rated it liked it
A novelette with the beginning story of how the Decorah Security Company began. Frank Decorah is a wounded SEAL in a military rehab faculty after losing a leg on a mission where half his team was wiped out and the rest are in rehab with him. Then late one night he goes to comfort a scared buddy having a nightmare and walks into a situation of contact between us and a dimension filled with angels and mind vampires.

Nice story, but it just didn’t win me over. I think I was expecting something else.
Joan
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
This is a novella, I guess. It’s too long to be a short story and too short for a full novel. It is structurally well-written. I imagine that someone who enjoys paranormal stuff would really enjoy this one. I downloaded this one en masse with a free group of 30-something others sight unseen. This one was better than I expected when I realized the genre.
Sylvanaire
Jan 08, 2017 rated it liked it
It was ok, I guess.

I'll admit upfront I didn't read the blurb for the book & went i to the story thinking it was a regular security type romance. So I was understandably confused when the paranormal stuff started. It was very weird!
Teresa
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great start

This is the first book in a series and it is a strong start. I love the way the story flows and I'll be reading this Decorah security series for a magical experience.
Wendy Campbell
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is an intriguing start to an exciting series. I can't wait to get into the other books. Frank and Ariel make an interesting couple.
Linda
Jul 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
I like Rebecca York's action scenes, but as I get older, I find I prefer "romance" over explicit sex.
Barb VanderWel
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this & I can't wait for more.
I will be also leaving a review on Goodreads @ Amazon.
And letting everyone know about it.
So i gave it a 5 Stars.
Radd Reader
Oct 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Short story. Paranormal.
Tari Zimmaro
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put it down!

This is the first time reading this author. But I will definitely be getting the rest of her work. Can't wait to see how she expands on this exciting genre
Tina Arnold
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good Read

This is the first time I have read a book by Rebecca York. I was surprised by the twist in the story line. The characters were very interesting. I like this author.
Essie
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this story. The plot was different to other paranormal stories that I have read. The premise was intriguing and the characters were well defined.
Raven
Aug 15, 2013 rated it liked it
On Edge is another book that is part of the Decorah Security series. This book focuses on Frank Decorah. He is in the hospital after suffering an injury in the war. It focuses on his time in the hospital and then briefly on his time after the hospital. It gives the back story as to why he opened Decorah Security. It is about the length of a novella and only took a little over an hour to read. It wasn't bad. It was a better length than some of the others in the Decorah Collection and I ...more
Darcy
May 23, 2013 rated it did not like it
I like this authors shifters series, so was looking forward to checking this one out. I made it about half way thru before giving up, things were too weird for me. I liked that Frank was a injured vet and he was on the way to getting well. I hated that their was an evil preying on other vets getting them to give up and not fight anymore. Where things got weird for me was when Frank was able to put himself in a trance and move planes. This one just wasn't for me.
Teresa
Feb 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A very interesting start to a new type of book

With a mix of paranormal and military romance, Frank and Ariel meet one night while he is recovering from losing his leg. He saves Gordon from a vampire who is taking his life force. Even though they discover she can't exist in his world they fall in love. This is the first of currently nine books in the Decorah Security series by Ms. York.
Jen_C
2.5 Not for me stars. Too many adjectives. Hardcore fans of the author will love it though so do not let me stop you.

At least he still had a brother. He wasn’t going to think about his young wife, who had died in childbirth, and the little girl he had given up for adoption, because he knew he couldn’t raise her alone.

Why not? Ever heard of a nanny, housekeeper etc? Did the wife have family that could help? I did not like that no further details were given.
annette colon
Feb 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
The Soldier and the Angel

Frank survived a war and is in a naval hospital recuperating. Little did he know that he would be fighting another type of war, the supernatural kind. In this war he encounters a mysterious woman named Ariel and together they push back the darkness trying to invade the world.
April
Oct 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Odd, but interesting paranormal series

Got the first two books of the series. The prequel wasn't my favorite and I hope the next, full-length book is more entertaining. I think the introduction was fine but felt it was missing something in explaining how Ariel came to be...maybe a better explaining of the hierarchy or her role.
Stacey
Feb 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
this was on amazon but i never did Goodreads for a while til the last two years now .
read them all wish there was more love the intensity and wish that there was more from this series read love the supernatural and the women or men that one agent or another gets a hold of the characters though it is short and sweet lol i will post reviews done to the amazon but not done here .
Silver James
Feb 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-books-read
On Edge is an excellent "prequel" to the Decorah Security series. This short story introduces the reader to Frank Decorah, the enigmatic owner of the security firm, and explains how he understands a world hidden from most humans. An emotional read.
Kathy
May 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book is an intense romantic thriller that brings two worlds together in a most unusual way. I was enthralled with the imagery this author created as well as the unique storyline! I don't like spoiling books by giving away too much of the plot but I will say you will enjoy this fantasy very much!!
Genny Moore
Apr 23, 2013 rated it liked it
Nice because it gives you the background behind the head of the Decorah Security. U don't feel quite as sorry for Frank and not know his story. However I once again had read the sequels before the prequel and it seem like whenever I do that it is a bit of a downer.
Kyra Dunst
Sep 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was a fantastic novella. I love the whole otherworldly aspect, and the challenges this couple faces to be together. I can't wait to read the other books in this series. I would recommend this book to anyone with a love of the paranormal.
Michelle
May 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
One edge

Frank and Ariel fight the odds and find happiness with each other. very well written story of love that has no bounds it can go anywhere
Darla Spratt
Oct 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A little different then what I usually read. But, it was a quick short read. I now want to see how the story onfolds in the next book!!.
Aisling Keegan
Dec 10, 2013 rated it it was ok
In my opinion it was okay but the reason I gave it a two star rating was the fact that in the end Frank couldn't get to be with the female character in the forever after kind of way.
Jami Humphrey
Apr 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I have read involving a romance between a human and a God. It was pretty good.
Beverly
May 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Well written but needs editing. This is not my kind of book, although it catches you up in the premise of more than one plane of existence.

• Off the Edge (The Associates, #2)
  • Fatal Exchange (Fatal #1)
  • Wyoming Manhunt
  • Lady 52 (A Jack Daniels/Nicholas Colt Novel)
  • Book of Shadows
  • Genesis
  • The Trigger (Agent Dallas Thriller, #1)
  • Pitch Black (Blackwood Security, #1)
  • Innocent (Pen Pals and Serial Killers #5)
  • The Last Man to Murder (Jack Reacher Cases #4)
  • Bloodridge (Spies Lie, #1)
  • Amid the Shadows
  • Rescued (McKenzie Ridge, #1)
  • Abducted (Red Heeled Rebels #2)
  • A Negotiated Marriage (Convenient Marriages, #1; Negotiated Marriage, #1)
  • Hagen (Big, #1)
  • Ethan (The K9 Files #1)
  • Tokyo Black (Thomas Caine #1)
Ruth Glick (born 1942) is a best-selling author of healthy cookbooks and has also written dozens of romantic suspense romance novels under the pen name Rebecca York.

Ruth earned a B.A. in American Thought and Civilization from George Washington University and an M.A. in American Studies from the University of Maryland. Although she always wanted to become a writer, Glick was convinced that her lack

Decorah Security (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Dark Moon (Moon, #10; Decorah Security, #2)
  • Chained (Decorah Security, #3)
  • Ambushed (Decorah Security, #4)
  • Dark Powers (Decorah Security, #5)
  • Hot and Dangerous (Decorah Security #6)
  • At Risk (Decorah Security, #7)
  • Christmas Captive (Decorah Security, #8)
  • Destination Wedding (Decorah Security, #9)
  • Rx Missing (Decorah Security, #10)
  • Hunting Moon (Decorah Security, #11)