Start by marking “Dead Stars - Part Two (Emaneska #4)” as Want to Read:
Dead Stars - Part Two (Emaneska #4)

Dead Stars - Part Two

(Emaneska #4)

North, is where the battle will take place.
North, is where Farden must go.
But to death, to glory, or to both?

The Arka have chosen their champion, and now he must lead them to the top of the world - The Spine, where the black mountains belch fire, and where the battle against cataclysm will take place upon the ice.

As they travel north in a warship clad in iron, the
Paperback, First Edition, 544 pages
Published May 31st 2013 by BenGalley.com (first published May 29th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Dead Stars - Part Two, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead Stars - Part Two

Start your review of Dead Stars - Part Two (Emaneska #4)
Martin Belcher
Apr 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2013
This book is AMAZING. I've loved every page of the four book Emaneska series by the wonderfully talented young author, Mr Ben Galley. I'm so glad I stumbled on this fantasy series by accident by walking into Waterstones in Southampton and seeing the first book "The Written", I was hooked almost immediately by the main character, Farden, a Mage, a written. So deep, so scarred by his experiences, someone you can identify with.

Well on to a review of this final book "Dead Stars, part two", following
THE BIBLIOPHILE (Rituranjan)
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
A satisfying conclusion to the series, although Galley left it open ended, and hence there are possibilities of more stories in the world of Emaneska. Galley himself has said that he would perhaps write another series in Emaneska, but, it's due for some other time. I enjoyed this more than the part 1 of the book, mainly because of the setting, character development, the thrilling plot, and the bloody action.

The events start right after the end of part 1. Modren's wife Elessi is in a daemon
Connie
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this series, I tried to make it last because I knew it was going to end, well end it has and I enjoyed every minute, it has everything you'd want in a high action fantasy. But don't take my word for it, just read it!
Paul Nelson
May 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013-books-read
A riveting finale to the Emaneska series, fast paced, action packed with some wonderful characters. This is a highly recommended dark fantasy series littered with magick, tattooed mages, daemons, dragons and Gods in an epic battle of good versus evil.
If you've not read any of this series the first & second novels, The Written & Pale Kings are both available on Kindle for an excellent price and its well worth following the flawed hero as he battles both himself and the insurmountable odds
Damien Black
Oct 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Liam
Jun 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
So now that I've come to the end of the Emaneska series I can give my final thoughts.

Bloody Brilliant.

The characters are fantastic! The Siren race feels like it has existed along side the standard elves and dwarves of so many years. The protagonist is one of the realest feeling characters of any fantasy book I've read, adding a few twists on the archetypal hero. The supporting characters are excellent, the final battle is truly Epic and the story had me grinning like a baboon in places.

The only
Max
Jun 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
A good read, with some pretty epic scenes. Sadly, it is suffering a bit from the lack of imagination where the gods are concerned. If you are not writing actual norse mythology (like the Iron Druid Chronicles, for example), don't steal some of their gods for your world. Or at least change their names to make it less obvious.

The book has both a satisfying and an unsatisfying ending. The ending itself is epic, but while the immediate plots have been resolved, there are still some important plot
Hels
May 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: epic-fantasy
Awesome! This is a fantastic book to end one of the best fantasy series I have read, ever! My only disappointment is that the Emaneska series has come to an end.
Mitchell
Jul 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I finished this book a little while ago, but I wanted to take some time to let it sink in before writing a review. This book has a lot going for it, a lot to enjoy, but in the end I found it less satisfying than, perhaps it could have been.

This book picks up just after the end of Part 1 and the aftermath of the demon assault. Farden is still Farden; angry, bitter, and still suffering the effects of 15 years of nevermar use. While he slowly is regaining his confidence and strength, for the most
James
May 30, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fantasy
I feel bad rating this one so poorly, but I really didn't enjoy it at all.

I thought the first book in the series was not great but not bad, and a worthy first offering.
I thought the second book in the series suffered from too many characters, but had an OK story that kept my interest.
I thought the third book in the series had really good writing, got rid of a lot of useless characters, and focused on an interesting story for about 2/3 of the book, but kind of lost steam at the end. If the author
Sue
Apr 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Satisfying conclusion to the Emaneska series while leaving just a few loose ends in case the author ever wants to return. I really enjoyed this series. The characters were compelling, the story line was interesting, and I was often surprised by certain plot twists. I have to say the last third of the book is so action packed that I stayed up until 1AM to finish it.

The only critique I have, and in my eyes this is minor, is that the manuscripts for these books need a proofreader. There were some
Agnes Conway
Apr 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Satisfying ending, though there are a lot of loose threads - perhaps he intends to write more books in the series? I hope so, and I'd buy them.

(view spoiler)

Max André
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What more can i say!!!!

I can't believe the saga has come to an end, so invested I was with the character and the storyline. And yet with the way the story end I have my fingers cross for a surprising more stories to come!!!

Thanks Ben for sharing this journey with us!!!
Bev
Jul 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Basically some good ideas but quality of writing variable. Unsatisfying end to an odd series.
James Casey
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Farden,still without his magick, together with his brave uncle Tyrfing and also his other loyal friends board an Iron clad ship and go north to where the last great battle will be fought against his almighty daughter Samara. He also has a quest to find the answer which will bring Elessi (who lies in a deathly coma) back to life and also to find the Scallussen armour which will protect him against anything and everything. While travelling through the ice in the frozen north they surprisingly find ...more
Nigel P
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely fantastic

Can’t remember if I starred all the books, if not sorry - they all get 5*. Absolutely no point starting with this book it’s the last one. Buy them all and start st the beginning then lose a few days as you read them all, non- stop. Looking forward, very much, to whatever Ben Galley dreams up next - it’s bound to be interesting.
Denise
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic story! All of it.
So well written , could hardly put the book(s) down. And yet, I was dreading the end, because then it would be over.

So you can imagine my joy when I heard from the author himself no less that there's more of Emaneska to be read!

Also, give him a follow, he's a very nice guy. And better yet, READ HIS BOOKS
Andrew Gilchrist
Cracking

I tell you what this guy sure can write a finale. A
strong ending to every book not least this last one. Ben deserves to be up there - this last book is a good as Brandon Sanderson’s best. His writing has grown each book. Keep going fella, bat on my friend. Great read.
Jake Cruise
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great finish to a great series. Loved the ending
Patricia birch-Hawkins
Loved the characters

Can’t wait for more stories involving these characters great reads miss them already hope there’s some more soon or similar
Chip
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's amazing to see the writing improve over the course of these four books. I thoroughly enjoyed this last book and will seek out all of Ben's books in the future.
Andy
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very enjoyable read
Hanna Garrison
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing series!

This series was one that u couldn't put down, it was rich with adventure and imagination! I highly recommend it!
Alan Behan
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this series, it has everything a fan of fantasy will love and more, thank you Ben Galley it was pleasure reading your work and can't wait to read your other series... ...more
Paul Wandless
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was his best book yet. Had good pace and the action was really well written. I feel Dead Stars would have benefited form being just one book, instead of spread between two books. Quite often less is more and I think in an effort to really fill out the world, some editing could have been done in Dead Stars 1 to help the pace. Especially the first half of the book.
All in all it was a satisfying end to the series the had more ups than downs for me in the reading of the story. I look
Férial
Jun 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
So. I had written a review but thanks to the erratic internet, it was never posted *sigh*

Alright. I was roughly saying that the end was satisfying...and at the same time it was not. Why ? Simply because a couple of plots were left "unfinished" and I was left scratching my head. What about Malvus ? What about Loki ? What about Illith's vision/prediction ? (view spoiler)
Alia Capodici
Mar 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely an Awesome Read

I just finished Ben Galley's Emaneska Series and I wish there were 12 more books still to go, I loved it that much. Although Galley's main character is in many ways flawed, the trials and tribulations he goes through during these four books change him into a hero anyone could love! This series is colorful, funny, and brilliantly written so the reader gets the most out of each chapter. Galley's characters are so well developed that I truly am sad to see them go. Well
Emma
Nov 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was so much better than the last one - back to the Farden that we all know and love.

My only criticism would be that (SPOLIER ALERT!) when Farden's daughter dies the author could have pulled on the heart strings a lot more. I was dissapointed that what I had been waiting for, for the whole book, was over in a matter of seconds. This could have been such a poignant and bitter-sweet moment.

I will definitely be reading anything else that Ben writes and i will miss Emaneska.
Ryan Hughes
Apr 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Emaneska Series is the reason I am trying to get into writing. It has everything a good series should have! Brilliantly witty with one of the most original magic systems and such easy to read writing! If I listed every positive about this book I would be sitting here for quite some time! Well done to Ben Galley for such a brilliant series!
Alex
Apr 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
It was an arduous journey to read the entire series, but Ben Galley wraps it all up nicely in the fourth book and it left me with a satisfying feeling. Overall, the series was a pleasant read.

• A Mark of Kings (The Shattered Reigns #1)
  • Dark Forge (Masters & Mages, #2)
  • Queenslayer (Spellslinger #5)
  • Crowfall (Raven's Mark, #3)
  • The Traitor God (Age of Tyranny, #1)
  • Crownbreaker (Spellslinger, #6)
  • Bright Steel (Masters & Mages, #3)
  • Cold Iron (Masters & Mages, #1)
  • The Wolf's Call (Raven's Blade #1)
  • Age of Assassins (The Wounded Kingdom, #1)
  • The Gutter Prayer (The Black Iron Legacy, #1)
  • Sin Eater (Iconoclasts, #2)
  • Never Die
  • Tooth And Claw (The Chronicles of Breed #2)
  • The True Bastards (The Lot Lands, #2)
  • The Fall of Neverdark (The Echoes Saga, #4)
  • Dawn of the Exile (The Infernal Guardian, #2)
  • The Wings of War Boxset: Books 1 - 4
Ben Galley is an author of dark and epic fantasy books who currently hails from Victoria, Canada. Since publishing his debut Emaneska Series, Ben has released a range of epic and dark fantasy novels, including the award-winning weird western Bloodrush and standalone novel The Heart of Stone. He is also the author of the critically-acclaimed Chasing Graves Trilogy.

When he isn’t conjuring up strange

Emaneska (4 books)
  • The Written (Emaneska #1)
  • Pale Kings (Emaneska #2)
  • Dead Stars - Part One (Emaneska #3)
“For the brief moments the song lasted, it was pure joy, stirred up from deep within, in that place not a soul can find, not until it comes alive with music and laughter.” 1 likes