Start by marking “Unraveled” as Want to Read:
Unraveled

Unraveled

Sixteen year old math whiz, Autumn, spends her days reading about serial killers and dreaming of becoming an FBI Profiler. She never dreams her first case will be so personal. Her world is shattered when she comes home from school and discovers her murdered sister’s body on the living room floor. When the initial evidence points to a burglary gone wrong, Autumn challenges ...more
Published February 8th 2013 by Evernight Teen (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Unraveled, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unraveled

Linda
Jul 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
I bought this book from the author at a signing last week. I think that this is a debut book for the author. I was hooked from the very beginning of this story. I liked Autumn, the protagonist, and felt empathy with her as she goes through horrible grief. The author breathed life into the characters and especially, their emotions. My only complaint is that there are quite a few typos. Luckily, the story is that good that they only cause a minor irritation.

Think Abby on CSI or Cameryn Mahoney in
Anna
Aug 01, 2013 rated it liked it
I got this book to write an honest review so here it is.

Autumn is not an ordinary sixteen year old girl. She is a math wiz and is kinda obsessed with serial killers. That is not so strange since she wants to be an FBI profiler. After she finds her older sister (Celeste) dead in the middle of her living room, she is determined to find the killer and have him/her locked up.

This book is the first murder mystery that I read in a very long time and I enjoyed reading it. When I first started reading,
Masquerade Crew
Aug 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
WALKI'S REVIEW

3.5 STARS

Teenage girl Autumn steps home in the middle of a school day and finds her elder sister Celeste dead in the middle of the living room. Soon she finds herself the main suspect. Being a gifted student and rather resourceful, Autumn decides to use her mathematical talent and her forensic knowledge to find the killer.

A fast beginning places the readers at the heart of the story. Celeste, the young cross-country runner, is this heart as she is her parents' beloved daughter, an
Mae Hanley
Feb 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Ah, teen angst. But add to that the murder of your sister and you have the makings for some great drama.

In this debut novel S.X. Bradley fills her world with a roller coaster of emotions. Grief. Love. Self-doubt. Love. Envy. Anger. All wrapped up in a brilliant math wizard who can’t let the murder of her sister become just another case to the police.

After it’s known she’s a key suspect, casting doubt of her innocence, even among her family. Autumn trusts few of the remaining people in her life
Crystal
Apr 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Talk about a awesome thrill ride that didn't make me nauseous! Unraveled is one of those books that the story sticks with you long after you've read it.

Autumn comes home early from school to pick up some papers she left on the table. What she didn't want to come home to was finding her older sister Celeste on the floor in a pool of blood. Being the only one home and now considered a suspect in her sister's death, Autumn opens up her own investigation in search for her sisters killer.

With help
Kimber Wheaton
Aug 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Unraveled begins with a shocking bang. The imagery and emotions of the opening scene are gritty; they'll take your breath away. This book is not for the faint of heart. It explores the pain and grief faced by those left behind after a murder. Depressing at times, this book might make you rant in anger...I guarantee you'll cry.

Autumn is a great character. She is 'gifted' (her words), though, she seems a bit more of a savant when it comes to mathematics than the word gifted implies. Because she fo
Kristin (Young Adult Book Haven)
Apr 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
My Thoughts:

Unraveled was a really interesting read and I definitely enjoyed it, if you are a fan of crime shows and mystery solving then there is no way you wouldn't want to read this one. Bradley has created a great character in Autumn that is everything you want, she is strong and determined, and intelligent, she won't give up until her sisters murderer is found and I couldn't help but feel the same way.
Autumn is a certified math genius and her one dream is to go to MIT and become an FBI prof
Amy Acosta
Feb 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Autumn’s world is destroyed when she goes home one afternoon and finds her sister dead. Things turn out for the worse when she becomes the main suspect in the case, and even her parents doubt her innocence. Things at school aren’t much better…well, except for Caedon Keene, who has assigned himself her protector.

Unraveled by S.X. Bradley is a fast-paced mystery with incredible twists and turns that will leave you on the edge of your seat.

Autumn is a very strong and determined girl. She’s gifted
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
I love a good mystery, one that keeps me on my toes and guessing up until the very last moments and that is exactly what I got in Unraveled.

I really liked Autumn, from the very first page I could feel her grief and devastation at losing her sister and my heart went out to her. As if that wasn't bad enough, the cops suspect her of being the very same person who took her sister away from her only moments before.

Determined to find her sister's killer, prove that she is innocent and oh yeah, fall in
Shawna
May 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was absolutley hooked from the first chapter on. I liked the fact that some of the less common forensics information was explained in such a way that it wasn't so overly explained that readers who already knew what they were became bored. There were a couple original aspects to this story that I really found refreshing. First off was the "hot" math teacher, and the fact that she saved Autumn from expulsion when she profiled the principal. Another theme that really isn't too common in books is ...more
Heather Alexander
Feb 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
16 year old Autumn is a math wiz and a serial killer aficionado, good thing since she wants to be an FBI profiler someday. Autumn doesn't have many friends due to the fact that she is freakishly smart, her only real friends are her older sister Celeste, and her favorite cousin Edwardo. When Celeste comes home from school to find Celeste murdered, she loses it, but it only gets worse when the police question her. As a suspect in her beloved sister's murder and with her family falling apart, as he ...more
Crystal Sams
Pre-analysis based solely on Chapter 1: I am 20 pages in and have already ran into 3 grammatical/editing errors. I hope the entire book is not like this. And I'm also having a hard time connecting with the character, I think maybe the plot jumped the gun, but we'll see. The premise is intriguing so I hope the book gets better.

Post-Analysis: There were quite a few more errors with editing as well as a time-line error. I did get used to the characters by about chapter 5 and was really enjoying the
Alana
Aug 07, 2013 rated it liked it
For the most part I really enjoyed this YA Murder Mystery, it was quite fast paced and the developing romance was really sweet, it also makes a nice change to have such an intelligent main character.

That being said there were a few elements that pulled me out of the story. At times I felt the language was too formal for a group of teenagers (no matter how intelligent), and the constant references to Autumn's amazing math's skills became a little annoying after a while, making her came across as
Buffy Kennedy
Apr 26, 2013 rated it liked it
There are a few key points to make about this book. First is that it is at times truly depressing. From the summary, I was expecting that Autumn would be upset over her sister’s death and determined to solve the mystery, however I didn’t imagine that the book would start off from the time her sister dies. The beginning is chillingly and devastatingly emotional and you follow Autumn through her grief as well as the mystery.

Second, Autumn is smart, strong, and independent. I honestly really liked
Amy
Jul 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks, arc
I received a free copy from the author for an honest review, so here goes...

I very much enjoyed this book. It was different than anything I've ever read and I think I may read more mystery type books because I liked it so much. The story was compelling and heart-breakingly sad all at the same time (yes, I made up a word). Autumn was an interesting character and I liked reading from her POV. I liked the supporting characters a lot too. I really liked Eduardo. He was a great friend/cousin to Autum
Krista
Apr 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was given this book in return for an honest review...

I have to say that I usually don't read murder mysteries but the blurb had me wanting to find out more. I 've found myself liking YA stories more everyday. I really loved Autumn in this story. She's a super smart girl with not many friends but she definitely loves the people close to her. I think it's extremely cool for a 16 year old to be so much into forensics. I always wanted to do that myself and while i'm pretty sure if I found my older
Amanda Nissen
Mar 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-read
I got this as an ARC and received no compensation for my review.

I was surprised at how much I liked this book. It is an interesting story and well written. I did have one complaint...the ending was very tidy and wrapped up in just a few pages and in the big reveal the author didn't actually reveal it...you found out a few pages later. I actually went back and reread it to see if they told you why the murder happened...but the author didn't until the final pages with the wrap up, and then it was
Nadja Janada
Aug 07, 2013 rated it liked it
The book was send to me in order to write an honest review.

I really liked the plot and the characters of this book, because the main character Autumn is not the typical girl, the most YA adult novels are about. She wants to become a FBI profiler and is a nerd and math wiz. I am studying mathematics and loved that about her ;-).

Although I liked the characters, I do not liked the ending and I was not surprised by it. In my opinion this is very important in a crime-mystery book.
The motive for the
Martha
Jan 01, 2014 added it
I really enjoyed this YA mystery novel. Mysteries aimed at this age are somewhat rare, and this one takes readers on an emotional ride as 16yo Autumn attempts to solve the brutal murder of her own sister.

The novel also has appeal because the protagonist is not a typical teen--she's profoundly gifted in math and from a large hispanic family. Her math and logic skills are an integral part of her personality and what drive her to pursue a career as an FBI profiler. All of this sets the reader up to
Amy
Aug 03, 2013 rated it liked it
I received this book as an ARR to give an unbiased opinion.

Here goes... I really liked the premise of this book. Autumn is a very smart girl who seems to have a hard time fitting and trusting people, but she's ok with that. I really liked that aspect. I couldn't help but be frustrated with her parents and everyone else when she goes through that traumatizing event of finding her sister, and no one is really there for her. With that being said, the reason I only gave this book three stars was tha
Hooked On Books
Sep 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is the story of Autumn, a 16 year old Math genius with dreams of becoming an FBI agent.
She comes home from school one day & discovers her sister lying dead in the living room, brutally murdered.
Unimpressed with the police’s theories, she decides to conduct her own investigation with surprising results.
I really enjoyed this story. Autumn is an amazing girl, and so clever. I felt her emotions from the start.
All the characters gelled together, to help make this a very interesting story.
I a
Vilo
Apr 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: math, mystery, ya
S. X. Bradley has created a strong and unusual female character--a gifted math student who must unravel the mystery of her sister's death. The warm, multi-dimensional, extended Mexican-American family who supports and grieves with her makes the book even more enjoyable. It is realistic enough that you mourn the sister and ache with the toll her death causes the family and has enough twists and turns and action to keep the book in your hand long after you should be asleep.
Karen
Jul 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaway-win
Autumn is a sixteen year old math wiz who dreams about being a FBI agent,what happens when the first case happens to be her own sister's death?

I honestly loved that book from first to last page,it was full of action,although it wasn't what I had expected,it hit just in the right place.
If you are a teenager,who loves mystery solving and romance,this is the book for you!
Kady Ambrose
Jan 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary-ya
S.X. Bradley's debut novel is a real winner. Heroine Autumn deploys her extraordinary math skills and her loyal heart to solve the mystery of her older sister's brutal murder. Love seeing an appealing heroine who loves math. Great role model without being preachy. The novel is well written and a real pleasure to read. Looking forward to more work from this exciting new author.
Fola
Aug 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book is a amazing book. A six-teen year old ,Autum confronts the killer of her dead sister and almost gets her self killed.She wants to become an FBI profiler when she is older.It turned it was someone closer than she thinks.
Amie
Shelves: kindle
Great first novel!
Donna
Mar 31, 2013 rated it liked it
Teen based book, but I read it anyway. Easy to read; I read it in one day. Interesting story-line, but I had an idea of how it would end.
Michelle Graham
Feb 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Stunning book! Right from the start, the author gets you so deep into Autumn's viewpoint, that you can't put it down. Heart wrenching. Highly recommend!
« previous 1 3 next »
Crazy for Young A...: Evernight Teen Titles on sale for .99 1 9 Aug 04, 2013 11:55AM
Addicted to YA: YA Mystery, Unraveled, Ebook sale for .99 cents 1 13 May 03, 2013 04:35AM
Celebrating Evernight Teen Releases Today 1 2 Apr 25, 2013 10:29AM
  • Washashore
  • Coherence (Hide, #4)
  • The War Inside (The Horizons Trilogy, #1)
  • The X
  • With Zombies (Assured Destruction #3)
  • The Happenstance Marshal (Millie Mystery Series, #1)
  • The First
  • Two Versions of the Same Song (Aintree Tales #2)
  • Shrapnel
  • Prodigal
  • Letters From the Ledge
  • Blue Fire Heat
  • Black Amaranth (Vulcan Legacies #1)
  • Foreign Identity
  • Love You to Pieces
  • A Prisoner Within
  • Holding On and Letting Go (The Ties That Bind Us, #1)
  • Starlet's Web (The Starlet, #1)
Susan grew up in South Texas, about ten miles from the U.S.-Mexican border. As a child she spent the summers in Mexico with her grandparents and extended family. During these vacations, she frequently created mysteries for her siblings and cousins to solve. These mysteries were her first stories. Nancy Drew soon became her childhood hero and inspiration to write mysteries for young adults.

Her grea