Start by marking “I'm Nobody” as Want to Read:
I'm Nobody

I'm Nobody

Emily meets Caleb, Caleb meets Iris, and a broken world feels better.

Agoraphobic Caleb Reed is about to step outside for the first time in seven years, meet indie filmmaker Iris Elliottand "definitely" not give his heart away. Its all because of the notes, the weird and wonderful notes he keeps finding on his front porch, notes signed by someone claiming to be long dead
Published February 1st 2013 by MyMilou Press

To ask other readers questions about I'm Nobody, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I'm Nobody

Start your review of I'm Nobody
Elicia Cheah
May 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
You can also find this review at http://girlinthewoodsreviews.blogspot...

Detailed Review: ARE YOU INSANE?!?

I was asking Caleb Reed this same question the whole time I was reading this book. And to those of you who want to know, he's not insane. He's just unique.

This book has a plot that's so intriguing that it would certainly leave your mind spinning because you have to find the balance between insane and sane, as Caleb does.

MAGIC is the answer. It does question your sanity but in this book it
Louise White
Mar 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-ya
I'm Nobody by Alex Marestaing is an atmospheric, thought provoking and uplifting story about young Caleb's struggles. Six years after his sister's untimely death, and he is still only a young teen who has never been allowed to grieve. His days and nights are spent with homeschooling, books, and his cat, Sylvester. The abandoned house that he overlooks, is a source of irrational fear and concern for Caleb within the bubble of his agraphobic and OCD existence.
The threat of Oak Glen Psychiatric
Lee (Rally the Readers)
May 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Also posted on Rally the Readers.

* A copy was provided by the author for review.

Im Nobody is one of those books thats a bit difficult to classify genre-wise. Im drawn to these types of reads because I like seeing how the author synthesizes the elements from different categories of fiction. Id say that Im Nobody has an overall contemporary feel to it, but once you factor in the possibility that Emily Dickinson may be corresponding from beyond the grave with a thirteen-year-old boy, well, theres
Hannah Green
Mar 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
'Listen to me son, we're all broken on this side of heaven. But that don't matter much. Because we can still make beautiful things from the pieces.'

Immediately, from the moment I began this book, I could tell that it was unlike anything I had ever read. I mean, the synopsis alone is enough for anyone to think that it is slightly different, but the book itself is something ambiguously more. Firstly, the universality of the prose, though it is aimed at a slightly younger age group, meant that I
Stacie
Mar 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
I was contacted by the author to review this book and after reading the premise, I was interested to check it out. As the mother of a 13 year old boy, I felt like this is a story that I could relate to even though this is targeted at the young adult audience. Grownups will appreciate the references to Emily Dickinson and the descriptive nature of the author's storytelling.

I was a little surprised that Caleb, a home-schooled, intelligent, and voracious reader was supposed to not know who Emily
Jalynn Patterson
About the Book:

Caleb Reed is losing his mind. At least thats what his parents think. For one thing, hes scared of everything. In fact, he hasnt stepped foot outside his house in over seven years. And now theres the notes, strange poetic notes written by someone named Emily Dickinson. Are the notes from Iris, the YouTube obsessed 8th grader thats been trying to make a documentary of his messed up life? Has his deceased older sister returned from the grave to deliver some sort of message? Or are
Annette
May 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Source: Compensated by a free book from Litfuse Publicity Group in exchange for a review.
Summary:
Thirteen year old Caleb Reed's life is lived behind the confines of his dismal home. Caleb's parents are at odds as to how to deal with him. Caleb's cat is his lone companion. His attention is drawn to the old mansion across the street, especially since activity is occurring. He obsesses about what or who has caused changes in the mansion. The story picks up a notch, when a note is found by Caleb. It
Rambling Readers
Jun 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"I'm Nobody: The Lost Pages" may be a quick read, but it does not lack in intrigue or strength. Alex Marestaing delivers a novel that transcends age boundaries with a message that is applicable to readers in any stage of life. The plot centers on an overwhelmingly fearful 7th grader, Caleb Reed, who struggles to even step out of his front door. The novel's journey is an emotional one. Physically, the scenes rarely venture from Caleb's neighborhood, but even distances that seem insignificant ...more
Sally
May 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Im Nobody: The Lost Pages
By: Alex Marestaing

I had never read a book like this before. The characters, the plot, the back cover, captured my attention and I couldnt put the book down until Id read it to see what was going on. Caleb Reed hasnt left his house since 2nd grade. He is afraid to step outside. Muggers, terrorists, global warming, viruses, these are all plotting against him. He is in 7th grade now and is worried about the house next door. He keeps waiting for someone to buy it and fix it
Edythe Hamilton
Aug 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Caleb Reed is a boy whose sister, Annaliese, died when he was in the second grade. He has not been outside his house since that time, and he is now 13 years of age. He does however, have a fascination with the vacant house across the street. Meanwhile, Iris, a fellow student is entering a film contest and has interest in the same vacant house. She sees Caleb by accident looking out of his bedroom window, and decides to change the theme of her film to his unexplained disappearance since second ...more
Jenna Jones
Im Nobody: The Lost Pages was such a refreshing read. It covered topics that most middle grades books dont touch, including mental illness in youth, open-mindedness, and bravery. I cheered for Caleb throughout his story, celebrating every little step and each small achievement as he built up the courage to rebound to normalcy, despite his parents absent support. This, actually, was the most sad part of Calebs story: he didnt know anything was wrong with him until his parents started trying to ...more
Kelly Hager
Feb 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Oh, you guys, I loved this book. It's smart and sweet and fun and unlike anything I've read. I immediately loved Caleb because he's such a good guy even though he's afraid all the time and then when we met Iris, I loved her too. (Naturally. Movie people are my people.)

I especially liked the fact that there's absolutely no "will they become a couple?" tension with Caleb and Iris. They're friends (eventually) but there's no romantic angst. Which is nice because not every story has to be a love
Becky
May 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2014
I'm Nobody is a delightful young adult novel about fear, grief, and the power to overcomewith a dose of intrigue and magic.

Agoraphobic Caleb slowly comes out of his self-imposed prison as two things happenhe begins receiving mysterious notes from a stranger, and he reconnects with grade school classmate Iris. His journey back to the real world is both fascinating and heartbreaking.

One thing I absolutely love about this novel is that I couldn't tell where it was going. I've become pretty adept at
Kristen Chandler
Mar 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review (LoP).

This was a very interesting book. And it was definitely a different spin on paranormal! Most paranormal books you're thinking werewolves, vampires, demons, ghosts. Well....this book DID have a ghost.

Basically, the main character Caleb starts receiving notes from someone who he knows only as "Emily". Caleb lost his sister in an accident when he was very young and progresses into a paranoid agoraphobic with OCD. I think
Mark
May 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a weird, but interesting book. It was an easy read, and I got into the story pretty quickly and found myself liking the main character a lot, in spite of his phobias and fears. As he ventured out a little more with each note he received, I found myself silently cheering this fictional kid on as he determinedly faced and overcame his fears of being outside.

The book IS fictional, so there is no way the events could happen, a boy getting letters from a dead poet, but it was an
Michelle Mcroberts
Apr 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: private-review, arr
I would certainly be intrigued if Emily Dickinson's ghost started sending me messages. Would it make me think I was crazy? Quite possibly, but the notes are very real and they're coming from somewhere...

Caleb - He's a unique kid. He has some issues, for sure, and is completely house-bound by fear. I liked him a lot, though. Perhaps because he reminds me of people I know...His issues are real to him and they are not made light of, which I really appreciated.

Iris - She is intrigued by a boy who
Cori
Nov 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I received this book in exchange for an honest review (LoP group).
I don't give out a lot of 5-star reviews. For me, it seems like there's always at least one thing that keeps me from doing it.
This book is an exception. The story was really fresh, I've not read anything like it before. A boy who is seemingly receiving notes from a long-dead poet. To top it off, the boy is agoraphobic, obsessive compulsive, and more than a little paranoid. Regardless of the origin of the notes, they do something
Elle
May 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Caleb Reed is not your average 13 year old. In fact for years he has not left his house, afraid of the world around him and what could happen, Caleb remains locked inside doing the same thing everyday. Sticking to the routine he has always known, until one day letters begin to appear leading him out into the world where he was afraid to venture, but he is more afraid to not read the note. Caleb is ready to connect with someone and to find a friend.

Im Nobody: The Lost Pages is a book that you
Hayley
Jul 11, 2013 rated it liked it
Review copied from my blog http://ineedthatbook.blogspot.com

I know this wouldn't typically be classed as a book for adults but it's well worth a read. Ok, it's a bit odd, a long dead poet apparently sending a young boy letters but I think most people can relate to the book in a way. It shows us how a single person can touch so many lives and that with the help of others we can overcome obstacles and even our greatest fears can end up not being that great after all.

In this book we face the
Trisha
Feb 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
"You've been homeless Caleb, homeless at home. I'm here to help you build."

What a great story! It's a heartwarming tale about a boy who has been dealt some pretty difficult cards - and he's doing his best to juggle them. He has some fears and worries - and they've held him prisoner for quite a while.

Then there's Iris - a spunky girl who is in hopes of recording, narrating and uploading a documentary that will get at least 1000 or 10,000 or maybe even a million views!!!

Add that to a strange
Jamie
Nov 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: r2r-fun
This book was absolutely amazing! The story follows a teenage boy who seems broken. His parents think he is crazy, his only friend is his cat and he watches the same video over and over every night. Even he thinks he might be going insane. So initially I wanted to be sad for him. But with the help of a classmate from long ago and a mysterious note writer he becomes more and more open. I found myself laughing a long with some of the characters and cringing at the thoughtlessness of others. At one ...more
Cheryl
Apr 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
This world is not conclusion, a sequel stands beyond... - Emily Dickinson

Caleb Reed is a thirteen year old boy, devastated by the loss of his older sister years before, agoraphobic and also suffers obsessive-compulsive disorder. He is homeschooled and hasn't left his house in many years because of fear and panic attacks.

This is a wonderful Young Adult tale of how he makes a new friend in Iris, a videographer the same age as him, and a tale of impossible happenings made real.

There is great
Claire
Dec 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: r2r-books
Forgotten and unnoticed, Caleb Reed thinks he's losing his mind. After the accident and his sister never came back, life totally changed for Caleb. Never getting over her death and never really grieving things just got worse for him. Agoraphobic and panic attacks at the slightest change were his usual day.

Noticing changes at the old mansion over the road were a whole new ball game. Then discovering a letter on the steps, could he really go outside and get it?

This book is all about overcoming
Amanda  H
May 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"I'm Nobody! Who are you? Are you nobody too?" And so begins the notes that Caleb Reed begins to receive. Notes from someone named Emily Dickinson. Notes that challenge him to leave the house, something he hasn't done in years. But, who are the notes really coming from? Is this just Caleb going crazy after not being allowed to morn the death of his older sister? Or is there something more to the notes?

I have to admit, I wasn't sure how I would like this book when I first picked it up. But, then
Ginger
Jun 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My son Jonah read Im Nobody: The Lost Pages, by Alex Marestaing. He gave it 5 stars. I know he could not put the book down. He kept asking, can I finish this chapter when I asked him to do something such as a a chore. I of course gave in.
He thought that it was easy to read. It kept him in suspense. He wanted to keep reading. His first favorite part of Im Nobody was when Caleb would run outside and get Emilys messages and quickly run back to his room. The 2nd favorite part of Im Nobody Jonah
Kristin
May 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013
I'd like to thank the author for giving me a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Wow...what a book. The first chapter I was pulled in....OCD in a child, oh and then there's the mystery behind the sister's death. And how the family unit not only is so dysfunctional, but helps feed this poor kid's psychosis. How is this all going to play out?
I couldn't help but root for poor Caleb as he ventured out further. Towards the end of the book though, the twists and turns were
Joan
May 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an unusual take about a young teen with agoraphobia. It is a mixture of reality and magic. He is befriended by a girl his age creating videos. She encourages him even as he received mysterious notes from Emily who appears to live in the decrepit house across the street. The notes contain bits from Emily Dickinson's poetry. I think for a young person to really like this novel they would have to like Dickinson or at least like poetry. It is a good story of friendship and non-understanding ...more
S.A. Archer
Nov 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Caleb's story was touching and humorous. I really admire the sensitivity and skill Alex Marestaing used with deftly handling the neuro-diversity and psychology of the troubled main character. At the same time, it is fabulously written and deeply engaging. I completely believed in the characters as real people. Iris was a delightfully interesting character and a perfect counterpoint to Caleb. This was a beautiful and entertaining story I highly recommend.

I received this book in exchange for an
Rebekah Gyger
Jun 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The first of all teen years are a frightening time, with the world and one's self changing. For Caleb, life is even more fearful, with anything out of the ordinary a threat. I found his story enthralling and perfect for preteens exploring their world. Or adults rediscovering it.

I received this book through Litfuse in exchange for an honest review.
Brandi
Sep 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a cute story about a boy who was agoraphobic who found a friend in a ghost of Emily Dickenson. He was lost in his own head and she helps to get him not only out of the house but over come fears in himself and learn how to handle the loss of his sister. This was a very short read but cute.