Start by marking “Billy and the Monster who Loved to Fart” as Want to Read:
Billy and the Monster who Loved to Fart

Billy and the Monster who Loved to Fart

(Billy and Monster #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  34 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Billy loves Monster and Monster loves Billy. They play together. They have a bath together.They even go to school together. There's just one thing that threatens to spoil their friendship.

Monster loves to Fart...and everyone blames Billy for it!

Will Monster make Billy the un-coolest kid at school? Will Monster cause an irreparable hole in the Ozone layer? Will Monster and
Published January 31st 2013 by Pen-n-a-Pad Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Billy and the Monster who Loved to Fart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Billy and the Monster who Loved to Fart

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Billy and the Monster who Loved to Fart
Maurice David
Feb 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I had a blast writing this book and it's been my best project creatively. I loved writing this book so much and I'm getting such great feedback that I'm thinking of writing a sequel. Watch this space!
Rich Meyer
Nov 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
I got a free copy of this book from Story Cartel in exchange for an honest review. But let's face it: How could any guy not want to read a book with a title like that?

A very interesting look at a somewhat not-so-serious problem. Someone really needed to slap Billy's parents up at the end for feeding him that breakfast. I'm surprised he hadn't propelled himself into orbit if that was his usually morning fare.

I like the artwork in this one, as it makes an educated leap between manga and regular ki
Skylar Burris
I received a free copy of this book from Story Cartel in exchange for a fair and honest review. I chose to download it because, I must admit, the title made me chuckle. I read the book twice – once with my nine-year-old daughter, and once with my seven-year-old son, to get their perspectives on the story.

The illustrations have a slight anime-style quality to them, and are generally good. The text could use a thorough proofreading: there were a number of missing commas and the odd its for it’s an
Sandra Stiles
Feb 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I read this book and then my granddaughter Haylee read it to her 2 year old brother. Jacob Billy has a monster that is his best friend. They do everything together. There is only one problem. His monster farts all the time. There are two problems with this, they stink really bad and Billy always gets blamed for the stinky farts. One day at school they have a special visitor. Monster lets loose the biggest and smelliest fart ever. Billy knows he’s in trouble. Read the book to find out how he solv ...more
Claire Carey
Feb 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book is designed in my opinion for children of 3-6. With cartoon style pictures the child is able to follow along as you read, the words are large print so as they learn letters they can start to follow the words too.

This was read to a 3 year old boy, who absolutely loved it and wanted to go back and read it again. The whole mention of the word 'fart' has most children laughing and gets them interested in what is being said and in this case it was the same. He was laughing along happily and
Nancy Silk
Feb 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
"How to Train A Monster"
I'm really laughing hard as the character, Billy, in this story is never alone. Wherever Billy goes, his Monster goes. As a single child he has invented his own companion. But Monster is always farting and Billy is always getting the blame. A great lesson of manners for young ones...and old ones! The illustrations in this children's book are wonderful, the dialog is great. This is a really cute story written by Author David Chuka. I enjoyed reading it and am anxious to sh
Diana Hockley
Feb 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Children love stinky, naughty things and David Chuka shows with this clever story that he must have been a "monster" of a little boy himself!

I laughed and laughed over this funny story which children - and I am sure their dads - will revel in :)

Well written and beautifully illustrated, a "must" for the birthday pressie or the Christmas stocking!

Comes highly recommended for your children - and yourselves!
Christine
Apr 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-books
A very cleaver and well written book. Every one in our family who has read it has loved it, and MAYBE some of the older ones have learned some things too! I wanted the book for my Grandson, (believe me he needed to learn this lesson!) and I am glad that we won! David did a good job, and we are looking forward to other books of his.
Cathleen
May 28, 2013 rated it liked it
The book is about a little boy who blames his farting on an imaginary monster. My kids had a good laugh with this book.
Letty Chihoro
May 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really loved this fun book and cannot wait to read it to the grandchildren when they visit. I especially liked the lesson in the book which even some adults need to learn.
Manetta
Nov 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Laugh out loud funny. The kids and I loved it!
Grampy
May 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book from the author. He did not request or expect me to post a review in exchange for it, but I am choosing to do so.

Okay, stop giggling. “Billy and the Monster Who Loved to Fart” by David Chuka may not be the most intellectual book you will encounter today, but it is a book your young reluctant reader may just pounce on and decide reading isn’t so bad after all! Some adults may find the word offensive, just as some might find “booger” to be offensive, but to youn
Autumn
Dec 07, 2013 rated it liked it
We received this book via Story Cartel to give an honest review.

I thought this book would be good for my 7 year old. But he didn't quite enjoy it like I thought. He said is was an okay book.
I thought it was funny when the little boy blamed the monster for his gas. It is like how we do here when someone passes gas, "it wasn't me it was the bullfrog. Did you hear it?" And we get a chuckle and say excuse me.
The drawings were okay but what bothered me was the fact that you would get a picture with
Patricia
Jul 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a fantastic little story that all our youngsters will enjoy! There is nothing like a story about bodily functions, particularly farts, to reduce a room full of children (and adults!!) to laughter and this book will do that every time the cover is opened. It has gorgeous illustrations throughout depicting the horribly smelly trouble that Billy and his best friend monster keep getting into and also how Billy was able to become the coolest kid in school after some quiet advice from Dad.

This
Barbara Ann
Jul 17, 2014 rated it it was ok
The amount of text in this book makes it appear appropriate for elementary school early readers, but the story line seems to be more appropriate for toddlers. I must admit I am not an admirer of bathroom humor; still this book just does not hit the mark. The illustrations are rather stylized and the text layout is uneven in the kindle edition, Some of the plot is not believable, a teacher telling a child, "Your fart stinks," the bus driver tells Billy, "That smells rotten!", and Billy's mother g ...more
Patricia
Apr 29, 2013 rated it it was ok
This is an ok book. My children were bored with it, and while I thought it might be good for some cheap laughs for them it wasn't. Perhaps borrow it before you buy, I think this could be a hit or miss for a lot of people.
David
Mar 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
A Craig Watson
Melissa Sanders
Mar 21, 2013
Tyler James
Feb 09, 2015
David Chuka lives in London with his lovely wife and two adorable children. His family are usually the first people to hear his funny and quirky tales. While he has written non-fiction material previously, he is absolutely proud to be called a children's book author. He loves writing stories that educate and entertain.

As a father himself, he has parents at heart when he writes. Bedtime has to be o

Billy and Monster (4 books)
  • Billy and Monster: The Superhero with Fart Powers