Start by marking “Pretending He's Mine (Caught Up in Love, #2)” as Want to Read:
Pretending He's Mine (Caught Up in Love, #2)

Pretending He's Mine

(Caught Up in Love #2)

Once upon a time in New York City, there was a down-on-his-luck actor named Reeve, who was talented and gorgeous in that dreamy, broody sort of way that makes all the women swoon. But show biz is a rough biz he lost out on a part in a big film, and now his day job hours have been cut too. Whats a handsome young thing in need of a role to do? Enter Sutton Brenner. Shes ...more
Published March 2nd 2013 by Lauren Blakely (first published February 28th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Pretending He's Mine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pretending He's Mine

Start your review of Pretending He's Mine (Caught Up in Love, #2)
3 Stars

My first experience with Blakely was falling for Nicks Hammer in Mister O. And though I didnt like him quite as much as his brother, I also enjoyed Wyatts Hammer in Well Hung. So when I was fumbling around on Ammy looking for something free and light to get the taste of a book I didnt really enjoy out of my mouth, I saw that this one was free and jumped right on it

And I enjoyed Pretending Hes Mine, but only in a vague non-committal way. Reeve, the male love interest here, didnt do
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Shelves: favorites
5 BRILLIANTLY BLAZING REEVE AND SUTTON STARS

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!!

Yeah you know it, I am in book LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. This is the kind of book that makes me want to read. I know its just a novella but this is the PERFECT example of a novella done well. I cant even begin to tell you how well written it was and Oh.My, was it steamy

description

Mmmmmm...yes. It was so good!!! Like really good...like majorly good...like rock your freaking socks off good.

The chemistry between Reeve -who is f*cking delicious- and
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
Easy stress free low angst read. Funny saying that since Sutton ran a little hot cold but Reeve he was perfect and I honestly read for Perfect heroes anyway.
Very relieved that I didn't have to read about the movie scene with Reeve and another woman .. Never so glad to see a fade to black moment in my life.

Safe as can be for me.
Lauren Blakely
Feb 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Loved it. Of course :)
Monica Murphy
Feb 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved! Reeve is hot. Sutton is his perfect heroine. You can't go wrong with Lauren Blakely. I really enjoy her breezy writing style - and I'm lucky enough to call her my friend. :)
angela
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really good

This was a really good book, I could see this all happening in real life. It has everything one would want in a good book...except the ending which is why I gave 4 stars instead of 5. When I read about this book it says it's a standalone, so at the end of this book, I didn't expect to see if you want to know what happens between Chase and Josie find out in full package.....UM what? I hate that and it's why I always read to see if the books I'm reading r standalones or not. So
*TANYA*
Aug 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Cute, short book. I'm really liking this author. Her books are not overly repetitive or dramatic. I'll be reading more of her books.
TSN ☮
Feb 01, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish, 2018
DNF 20%

Stupid is the one word that's comes to mind.
Rene' Hurt
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great

This was very well written book. I loved how Sutton and Reeves their relationship went. A true love story. It is a must read.
Sugar and Spice Book Reviews
Feb 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
WOW......pay attention everyone because this is how you write a novella. I've said it before....I don't usually read novellas but I would gladly read a novella that Lauren Blakely has written any day! I love her writing style and how she manages to make you feel like you are not missing out on any of the story or left hanging. I loved Caught Up in Us and I LOVED Pretending He's Mine! Be prepared, ladies the steam factor is turned up majorly in Pretending He's Mine! I've found a new book ...more
MsChris1161
Apr 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, ebook, reviewed, audio
Loved this book! Reeve was all sorts of panty-melting hotness! That he constantly had in control Sutton begging for it was no surprise. That man could surely deliver his lines. Ooh la la! She was looking for man candy, and Reeve is definitely a lollipop, but he was also clever, intelligent, kind, thoughtful, gallant, protective, and totally into her. Reeve is officially on my book boyfriend list!

Sutton was a little harder to warm up to but it was easy to see she was jaded and mistrustful of the
Anne OK
Feb 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-reads
Cute and spicey novella that follows Blakely's first book in the "Caught Up In Us" series. Loved the characters of Reeve and Sutton (both names as well) and their "stage" romance that suddenly turns real for them both. And there's a really cute little dog as well!
Beatriz
Mar 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I actually liked this better than the first one :) I absolutely adored Reeve. I wonder when Jill has her own story though. I want to know more about her and I know that she truly deserves her own story ;)
Hbeebti
Jun 03, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great story. I did not read the first one. I didn't feel like I was missing anything. I cant wait to read the rest of this series.
Tambrie Robinson
Mar 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Terrific short novella. Couldn't put it down. Made for a wonderful Sunday morning!
Sparklybearsy¤°.¸¸.•´¯`»
Light easy reading, but far too insta-everything for my tastes.
MountainKat
Cute story - really glad I reread #1 though! I would have had that nagging feeling that I was missing something otherwise.

I listened to the audio with Emily Durante narrating and enjoyed it.
Kelli
Mar 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
*This review may be slightly spoilery, but it should not be to bad.*

Hooray for like! I was a little wary as I read this book. The characters did not spend a ton of time just talking because they were trying to put on a show for the movie producers. I would have been really disappointed if they had confessed their undying love at the end. However, I need not have been worried. The were in "mad like" and wanted to see where it would go. Yay for not trying to rush into love!

Sutton was an
Michelle Morris
Mar 02, 2013 rated it liked it
Pretending He's Mine was exactly the kind of book I wanted to read tonight. Sometimes you just want to sit back, relax, and read something that plays out like a movie.

Reeve is a struggling actor living in New York. He knows he could easily give up on his dreams and pursue a desk job, but he doesn't want that. He lives for his passion. However, after Reeve screws up the audition of a lifetime and is suspended at work, he feels like all of his luck has run out.

The only thing standing between
Southern
Apr 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ok so short, sweet and to the point...just like this book.
I LOVED IT!
I Loved there realationship and how it got started, the fact they slowly grew in "like" with each other:) Not in love thank god, it happened slowly just like it should've for them. I hate when people are together for a week and somehow fall madly in love...does that really seem real? Nope, not at all. Not to me at least.
I've had a thing for Reeve since the first book and actually wouldn't have minded if him and Kat got a lil
Delilah
Shelves: 2013
Damn, Lauren Blakely is good REALLY GOOD! Pretending He's Mine exemplifies what a novella should be. Although short, the story is complete. It does not leave readers hanging, which is something that I truly appreciated. If you are looking for something short, fun, cute, swoon-worthy, and damn straight steamy and sexy, you should definitely pick this book up! It's well written, and the characters are irresistible. (They undeniably have great chemistry.) While I was reading, there were moments ...more
namericanwordcat
I really liked the middle of this book. The start of it made me nuts and the ending was just kinda odd in terms of everything but the couple.

The hero is great. The heroine... hmmm... I go hot and cold with her. She is pretty assessing. Meaning she thinks of people as objects or puzzles in some ways but not in a neutral or kind way.

Then, she really likes the hero. This could be seen as simply going after what she wants and assertive but it sometimes just feels souless.

But there are good
Pamela Lilley
Jan 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Fun light easy read that was entertaining and sexy. A fake engagement that turns into something more. All a little bit clichéd but enjoyable nevertheless. Sutton Brenner, successful Hollywood casting director, desperate for a sought after position casting for a hot new film. The only problem is, she needs to get engaged, and fast. Super hot, super sexy, out of work actor Reeve Larkin is desperate for a job, any job. Enter Sutton with an offer he can't refuse. The question is, are they both ...more
Leanne Herrera
Jun 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Rating 5 out of 5
Whew! Get the hose out because this Momma got a hot flash from reading this novel. If I could rate it higher than a 5 I would and it would deserve every bit of that rating. Crazy casting director hires the hot guy (who secretly sports more than a crush on her) to be her fake fiance. There was steam and blushing and fire and passion beyond what I was expecting from reading the synopsis. Stick a fork in me because Momma is so closing the blinds and taking Daddy to bed!
Christiana
Feb 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
You know a book is good when the only negative thing you can say about it is that it was too short. Wish Lauren had written a novel instead because she sure can write 'em. Humorous, sexy and a lovely HEA rounds up this lovely treat. I also loved the extras at the end, some outtakes for her first book and the first chapter of the sequel to Monica Murphy's book.(I must confess I read that first because I am a huge Marshmallow fan.)
Lisa Survillas
Feb 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Another Amazing Book By Lauren Blakely!! Loved Reeve and Sutton's story. Now I need a great story for Jill!! And of course more of Bryan and Kate and Reeve and Sutton. I like that these books are fun and flirty without tons of heartache. Of course there is conflict, but not to the point of you wanting to throw the book or cry your eyes out. Can't wait for more!!
Lisa
Mar 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I could not put it down. In a handful of scenes my jaw was dragging on the floor. I could not keep my nose out of this book. I love the caught up in us series and seriously hope Lauren Blakely contintues with these stories. She is a fabulous writer and you quickly connect with the characters.

Thank you Keep Writing.
Dawn
Feb 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
All I can say is "Man oh man, I love you Lauren Blakely. This was a quick and easy read. And oh my goodness the chemistry between Reeve and Sutton. And what about that closet scene. Eeeeee!!! Giving me goose bumps all over. I definately am looking forward to reading more by you Lauren :)
B.J.
Mar 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, it seemed really realistic. The dialogue was great. It wasn't hugely poetic and fake, it was real, I REAL Like this book. Reeve was hot and Sutton was great once she dropped her mask. Can't wait to read Jill's book.
C.A. Szarek
May 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
I won this lovely little novella from a blog contest. Even tho l have not read the first book, this short didn't disappoint. I really enjoyed it! It was sweet & sexy & hot. I will defo be looking for the first one! Just wish it'd been a lil longer cuz l loved the characters!

• Falling Under You (Fixed, #4.5; 1001 Dark Nights #40)
  • Hitched: Volume Three (Imperfect Love, #3)
  • The House Mate (Roommates, #3)
  • Man Feast (Bergen Brothers #2)
  • Mr. Big (London Billionaire, #2)
  • Hitched: Volume Two (Imperfect Love, #2)
  • Reckless Love (Hard to Love, #2)
  • Filthy Beautiful Forever (Filthy Beautiful Lies, #4)
  • Hard to Love (Hard to Love, #1)
  • Hitched: Volume One (Imperfect Love, #1)
  • Easy with You (Boudreaux #1.5; With Me in Seattle #8.5; 1001 Dark Nights #15)
  • Brother's Best Friend is Back
  • The Billionaire Game 1
  • Playing for Keeps (Hot Jocks, #1)
  • Making the Grade (Wicked Warrens, #4)
  • White Knight (Dirty Mafia Duet, #2)
  • Maysen Jar Box Set
  • Sinfully Mine (Lessons with the Dom, #2)
A #1 New York Times Bestselling, #1 Wall Street Journal Bestselling, and #1 Audible Bestselling author, Lauren Blakely is known for her contemporary romance style that's sweet, sexy and witty. Her heroines are strong and smart and her heroes have hearts of gold and fantastic funny bones. She'd love to give you a free book today! Check out her web site to grab your free read: ...more

Caught Up in Love (5 books)
  • Caught Up in Us (Caught Up in Love, #1)
  • Trophy Husband (Caught Up in Love, #3)
  • Stars in Their Eyes (Caught Up in Love, #4)
  • Playing with Her Heart (Caught Up in Love #5)