Start by marking “Taming the Storm (The Storm, #3)” as Want to Read:
Taming the Storm (The Storm, #3)

Taming the Storm

(The Storm #3)

Lyla Summers hates men. Okay, maybe hate is a strong word … Lyla intensely dislikes men.

Her father has let her down her whole life. Her brother betrayed her in the worst way possible. And her past relationship experiences with men have been less than great.
Published July 1st 2014 by Samantha Towle Writes Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Taming the Storm, please sign up.
MWLgal Yes, yet they are not critical to story, but I think you get a much greater sense of Tom having read books 1 and 2. He is a strong presence in both.
MWLgal Definitely better having read books 1 and 2. Characters are involved though not absolutely critical to enjoying this great book. No cliffhanger.

Samantha Towle
Jan 24, 2014 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Taming the Storm teaser...!

Wearing only a shirt of Tom’s, which I retrieved from his bedroom closet, I tread down the stairs, my toes sinking into the soft carpet.

Looking around as I walk, I take his house in. Not something I got the chance to do last night. I had other things on my mind then … mainly, Tom.

In the light of day, this house is surprising me. It’s all soft furnishings, beautiful paintings hanging on walls, plush carpets and hardwood floors, kind of surprising.

Not what I would expec
Christy
Feb 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 Firecracker stars!

photo d9d70bc2-ca8d-49dc-a1f8-83a40855d90a_zps6a29456b.jpg

Tom ‘Rub the Lamp’ Carter. I’ve been waiting for his book for a while now. And I’m so happy to say that it didn’t disappoint! I love a good man whore and Tom is just that. A rockstar, a slut, an easy going and lovable guy. He’s a man who would do anything for the few people in this world he cares for. And that includes Jake and Tru. So he makes a deal to turn over a new leaf…

photo a717cee8-f480-4879-a2cc-be0db6bf665a_zpsf2ab386a.jpg

Lyla ‘Firecracker’ Summers is the lead singer of the band Vintage and her band just signed with TMS
Pearl Angeli
4 Stars!

Taming the Storm was such a sexy, smokin' hot, mischievous friends with benefits book. I enjoyed the delicious banters and the light angst and drama that accompanied this story.

We've met the panty-dropping, sexy as sin Tom Carter in the previous books of this series. The bassist of the famous rock band The Mighty Storm, he is definitely trouble. He's a manwhore at its finest and he doesn't believe in relationships. Then there's this lovely and talented vocalist Lyla Summers of the Vintag
Mysza
Feb 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-read
*5 Firecracker stars*

I really loved this book. If you liked previous two books in this series then you'll probably love this one too. It was as good as the first one, if not better, still not sure about it.....
What can I say? Sexual chemistry, funny banter, nervous anticipation, hot sex, dirty talking, friendship, romance, tenderness, heartbreak and finally happy ending. It's all there.
When you add great main charachters and interesting second ones to it, you have a wonderful book, for me an
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥

Super hot, tasty, romantic and HOT!! Did I mention it was hot?!
I LOVE this story and I ADORE Tom!

Samantha Towle cleverly seduced me back into the 'Mighty Storm' world with the prologue. She took me right back to the story of Jake and Tru, made me shed a tear, warmed me towards Lyla, and reminded me about the gorgeous Tom.

Tom is the wild man, whore bassist from The Might Storm. "He’s pure primal male,” a good time boy who's always willing, able and ready for anything with his "rub the lamp" t
Aestas Book Blog
Oct 28, 2013 marked it as to-read
Shelves: not-yet-released
SQUEEE!!! I can't wait for this book!!!!! This is the next book in The Storm series and tells Tom & Lyla's story!

Lyla is focussing all her energy into her band, Vintage, so when they receive an offer to sign with TMS Records, it seem
Mallory
3 stars

This wasn't a bad read, but it wasn't great either.

Samantha Towle's writing has greatly improved with this installment of the Storm series. I'll give her that. I was weary about reading this story because Tom was such a manwhore in previous books. And in this one we get to read recollections of the numerous things he's done with the ladies. But I was really warming up to him. Lyla was a kickass heroine. She was feisty and didn't give in easily (well up until the end, and that disappointed
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
This story is about Tom, the bass player in The Mighty Storm, Jake's best friend and well known manwhore or "mut" as Lyla calls them. Lyla is the lead singer of a new group called Vintage that signs with Jake's record company. Lyla's been screwed over in more ways than one and she is not at all interested in Tom.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I only read this book because I love Jake and I read it just to get more of him and Tru. From the prior books, Tom was a bit sleazy and didn't intere
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
5 Tame Me Tom Carter Stars!

I have had a bit of girl crush on Samantha Towle since she brought Jake Wethers into my literary world. Then she went and dropped Tom Carter and his magic lamp into the mix and I was full time loving her!

Lyla Summers is a little "firecracker."

She is full of passion for her band and her music, but she has sworn off any kind of man relationship after being crushed by those closest to her. Now, she is at the peak of her career as her band Vintage is about to embark on it
Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
The Mighty Storm's bassist FINALLY meets his match! I didn't read the blurb for this book and I'm glad it's about Tom Carter. He's sexy, hot, crass, wild and hilarious. In the band, he's the joker and the chick magnet. He's a freaking hot mess and he's not interested in settling down. After one incident, he vows to God he'll be a better man and diminish his wild side. That doesn't mean he's going to settle down but he was attracted to Lyla Summers, the Vintage's lead vocalist.

Lyla has an awful
Catarina
5 Rocking Stars!!

If you’ve read the previous books you know that Tom (Mighty Storm’s bassist and Jake’s best-friend) does not do relationships. He whores around trough life never wanting to attach to anyone. Yeah, there’s a reason and a past that determines why he does that, but he doesn’t let anyone get close enough to find out.

description

Until Lyla happens. Lead singer of a growing band they have the opportunity of touring with TMS and having a break from men after being betrayed not only by her boyfr
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Apr 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 My Body Loves Tom Carter Stars!
(BR with Sharon, Patty & Denisse)

photo 2f73c9ec-a032-4778-bcf0-562b8ad5fda1.jpg

photo 2f3303f9-edc1-479d-a768-1c63e8de4dc1.jpg

Lyla Summers aka Firecracker is a 22 yr. old singer for the band Vintage. She lives in an apartment in LA with her band. She loves her job. After years of struggling to make it big, she is finally living her dream.

photo 5cd4400d-0eb3-4ee8-b8e1-991b8a69fc96.png

Her band wins a radio contest to open for the band The Mighty Storm. Shortly after they sign on with TMS Records that is owned by The Mighty Storms lead singer Jake Wethers.

photo 90191362-cffd-4ff2-aed4-996fdde1be24.png

They are about to head out on tour when
Plamena
Feb 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 Fun & Sexy Stars!

Fun, light and seriously entertaining! I just love this series and this book did not disappoint. I really enjoyed the story and had so much fun reading it. Taming the Storm is about Lyla Summers and Tom Carter- two people who are talented, quite different and stubborn but also right for each other.

“…I would rather have a moment of everything with you than a lifetime of nothing.”

Tom is a total player (some may say a total asshole as well). He is confident, funny, cocky,
Smitten's Book Blog

5 STARS!

Review written back in summer 2014

I love this woman. Samantha Towle, I bow at your feet. I want to be you when I grow up. This is one of my favouritest series! I can't believe it's over! *sob*

When I was in mourning for Jake and Tru, I was consoled by the fact I still had Tom and Lyla to come... And now it's over. And I'm sad.

But I'm so happy, because TMS guys totally rock my world!!

Having had a little lo
S.M. West
5 'RUB THE LAMP' STARS

OMG, this book was an awesome surprise for me! I loved The Mighty Storm and Wethering the Storm -- Jake fucking Wethers was IT for me -- and I had no clue that Ms. Towle was going to bestow on us one final story in the TMS series.

I'm ashamed to admit that I vaguely recall Tom Carter from those books, I remember his banter and bickering with Tru but apart from that not much else. I was glued to Jake. Shame on Me!!!

Tom Carter ROCKS!! He's the bass player for the Mighty Stor

Release Date: July 1, 2014
Rating:5 stars
Cliffhanger:No
HEA: (view spoiler)

I have been waiting for this book for ages and let me tell you, I'm happy to say I was not disappointed. There's something about this author's writing that has the ability to give me the thrills, chills, and tingles. Not to mention, she can write the hell out of those hot and steamy scenes. WOW! This book was no exception. I was transport
*****4 RUB THE LAMP STARS*****
(BR with Dee, Melissa, and Sharon)

"Taming the Storm", is about The Mighty Storm's bass guitarist, Tom Carter, and a little "Firecracker" called Lyla Summers.

photo bb62e1060cce9d161485cd3904d404e9_zpsbf8264fe.jpg

While Tru is in the hospital in critical condition after being in a car accident, Tom is fearful for Jake. He's seen his friend hit rock bottom before, and in a desperate attempt to help his friend out, he makes a deal with God.
No more whoring around.
He will try to change his sinful ways and will only have sex
Snow

4.75 "Firecracker tamed the 'Rub-the-lamp' man-whore Tom Carter" stars

And i am so fuckin glad i went on reading this book even though i wasnt as thrilled as i hoped to be after reading The Mighty Storm but i wanted to see...if there would be MORE for me in there and there was...after all.

Tom Carter is the bass player in The Mighty Storm band and he s a total man-whore prick douchebag...but at least he s straight forward and very direct about it...all you get with him and from him is a good FUCK
Dee Montoya
****4 Firecracker Stars****

(BR with Melissa, Sharon and Patty)

Ready to Rock and Roll??? Well, you better be ready. Taming The Storm is a musical love story of a restored man-whore who found his firecracker soul mate on a tour bus...

After Tru almost died in a accident, Tom Carter made God the promise that he would change his playboy ways, if he saved the life of his best friend's love. Five weeks later Tom finds himself back on the road but this time as the manager of the band Vintage. Lead sing
Nikki
Going to apply the KISS (keep it simple stupid) method for this one. Meh...
AJ
Apr 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Firecracker stars!!

I loved this addition to The Mighty Storm series! Lyla and Tom are an amazing couple with sizzling chemistry and a highly entertaining relationship. With lots of hotness, some laughs and a bit of angst and drama, this is an exciting, passionate love story that had me hooked from the very beginning.

Tom is the man whoring member of one of the biggest rock bands in the world, The Mighty Storm (TMS), and the best friend of its lead singer, Jake Wethers. When Jake is facing po
Polly
Aug 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
For the most part I really like this book. The sex was SMOKING hot. Tom the manwhore knew how to work it. My main issue was he was a bit too dickish for me. Some of the stuff that came out of his mouth made me want to slap the shit out of him.

The reason I took away a star was something that happened at around 80%. If you want to know I'm spoiler tagging it below:

(view spoiler)
Michelle
Feb 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Screenshot_12

Opening for The Mighty Storm should have been the best night of her life, but what she found backstage tore her apart and almost her band... ten months later Lyla and the boys of Vintage are gearing up for their first tour, newly signed to TMS Records. For those ten months, Lyla has avoided men and sex - not willing to allow that kind of hurt and betrayal to touch her again, but when Tom Carter, man whore bass player of TMS, is announced as their fill in tour manager, avoiding one particular ma
Beverly
Mar 12, 2013 rated it liked it
Tom Carter. He was my kind of guy while reading TMS. I hated him and Loved him. So when his book was announced I danced like LOON. Being a big TMS fan, I had to read Tom's story. I HAD TO KNOW MORE about Tom. I had HIGH expectations.
 photo tumblr_mzmehzhKC31sk1r5jo2_500_zps173b4edc.gif

Unfortunately I didn't connect with the story.

photo tumblr_inline_mo9bm82e3D1qz4rgp_zps888bfd87.gif

I didn't feel the love between Tom and Lyla.

photo tumblr_mznl8rPGQA1sjy3x0o1_400_zpsddaf61f6.gif

It felt like there were a lot drama with unanswered questions. So why the drama?
 photo tumblr_mzykc8t7Tr1qmb84lo6_250_zps7a6eb4b3.gif

(view spoiler)
Lindsay
It's been such a long time since I read The Mighty Storm so I was a little fuzzy on everything about Tom. But that kind of worked in my favor because I didn't have any expectations for how he should act. One of my biggest pet peeves is when a character has an established personality in early books and then changes in their own. So without having read TMS recently, I didn't have those expectations.

I loved this book so much that I just devoured it. I had forgotten how much I loved Samantha Towle'
Shannon
Jul 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
First let me get this out of the way, because I saw a few people trying to compare Tom and Jake.

They are NOTHING alike.

That wasn't the point of giving Tom a book. If you have read the other books in this series, you know that Tom is a bit of a man whore (or Mut like Lyla calls him) He wasn't suppose to be like Jake, and I didn't find him better than Jake. Personally I liked him in his own group. His own Mut man group.

Lyla annoyed me a bit in this book, but I understood her reasons for trying t
The Novel Lifestyle
Sep 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
OOOHH EEEMM GGGGEE

TOM AND LYLA'S STORY!!!!

TOM
description

Samantha Towle THE SONG 'GORILLA' IS PEFECT FOR TOM! I can already see him in my head when I hear the song!

FMABookReviews
5 TOM THE MUT STARS

Boy meets a girl, hits on her twice and is shocked to hell to find she wants nothing to do with him. Boy meets up with girl months later on a business trip. Girl puts up road blocks. Boy decides he likes the chase, the challenge and uses his charms to move those road blocks. Girl and boy decide the sexual tension is too much and once they give in, they realize sex is great. They decide they can do this "f*ck buddies thing" while on business, once the trip is over, they will re
100sweet
May 11, 2013 rated it it was ok
I'm definitely in the minority on this one. Did not really enjoy this book bc the characters were just so unlikable. The h was whiny and made everything about herself. She was such a drama queen, I had no sympathy for the things that happened to her. I was hoping after her heartbreak she would be smarter about falling for another rocker. But she falls pretty quickly into lust with the H. There were no actual feelings involved other than being horny. The way she panted after the H was pathetic. E ...more
Rachel Reads Ravenously

possible review to come soon, I haven't decided yet ;)
Turning Pages At ...: Monthly Read: Taming the Storm by Samantha Towle 14 33 Jul 23, 2014 07:56AM
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Rocked Out (Rocked, #2)
  • Rock My Body (Black Falcon, #4)
  • Love Unguarded (Love, #3)
  • Strings of the Heart (Runaway Train, #3)
  • Frayed (Connections, #4)
  • Forever (The Finale to the This Series)
  • Mogul (Groupie, #3)
  • Delayed Offsides (Crossing the Line, #2)
  • Accept Me (Wrecked, #3)
  • Ruin You Completely (Sloan Brothers, #3)
  • Ripped (Real, #5)
  • The Rocker Who Wants Me (The Rocker, #7)
  • Consumed (Devoured, #2)
  • White Trash Love Song (White Trash Trilogy, #3)
  • Enticing Interlude (Tempest, #2; Black Cat Records, #5)
  • Sweet Victory (Fighting for Love, #4)
  • Rage (The Sound Wave Series, #2)
Samantha Towle is a New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling author.

A native of Hull, she lives in East Yorkshire with her husband, their son and daughter, three large furbabies, and their small grumpy cat.

She is the author of contemporary romances, The Storm Series, The Revved Series, The Wardrobe Series, The Gods Series, and standalones, Trouble, When I Was Yours, The Endi

The Storm (3 books)
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
  • Wethering the Storm (The Storm, #2)
“I would rather have a moment of everything with you than a lifetime of nothing” 17 likes
“I’m nothing without you, Ly. I just don’t work without you. You’ve broken me.” He smiles. “You are everything to me and I will spend the rest of my life showing you that you didn’t make the worst mistake of your life by falling in love with a must like me.” 6 likes