Start by marking “Are You Mine?” as Want to Read:
Are You Mine?

Are You Mine?

Human connection? Who needs it?

Ever since she can remember, wealthy but weary Saige Armstrong has felt different from her peers in Pechimu, New Jersey. With only one good friend to her name, she has navigated the complicated halls of high school and is now faced with the timeless question: Now what?

Fox Harrington, a fun-loving, socially charismatic graffiti artist uses his
Kindle Edition
Published August 7th 2013 (first published May 14th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Are You Mine?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Are You Mine?

Natasha is a Book Junkie
Feb 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
“Not everything has to be so serious, Saige.”
“Not everything has to be a joke, Fox.”

Opposites attract. Two people that are different in every single way and yet cannot resist the pull bringing them closer together. This is the story of Saige and Fox, two young people on the brink of adulthood, but with very different attitudes towards the unpredictable future before them.

Saige is not a people person. She does not enjoy spending time with people nor does she make any efforts to make others
Novel Grounds
Sep 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Areyoumine

4 Stars |Amazon|Goodreads

I highly enjoyed this book. It was a nice stray from the norm and had some really good lessons in it about acceptance and assumptions. I read it in one sitting and just fell in love with it. It is one of those books that with writing alone is a Solid high rating, but with the extra special bits thrown in to make it a top rated in my book. Not all authors can weave a story that not only draws you in, but invests you in the characters. This is one of those books and
Apr 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
**ARC Copy Kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review**

Review to Come : Once book is released.

8/4/13 :

This book was a SOLID 4 stars. It was quite the enjoyable read. The storyline was interesting enough to keep me intrigued throughout the whole book. This is a coming of age love story. Two people who are trying to find their way in the world after high school. I think I had a smile on my face throughout the majority of the book. I loved these two characters. Fox and Saige w
Fauziyyah Arimi
Jun 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
i might getting overdose by epic romance side of Fox Harrington, such a gentleman. though he is a dyslexic.
here, i give you the scene where the title of this novel comes from:

“You want to say something, don’t you?

This is one time she doesn’t turn away from me. “I want to ask something, but I don’t know how.”

“What’s it about?”

“Um, you. Me.”

I look at her for a moment, then take out a clean sheet of paper. With the nubby pencil, I start sketching, aware that she’s watching my hands move over the p
Lissa Bryan
When Saige and Fox meet at a graduation party, they certainly don't seem like a likely couple. They're leaving high school behind, but the labels they acquired from their peers still linger. Fox was a popular guy, despite being held back in school, and Saige was the unfriendly loner, the stuck-up rich girl. But those labels rarely encompass the complex people beneath them.

When Fox first approaches Saige, she's hostile and rude to him, but Fox doesn't get upset. He's actually intrigued by her. As
Chelsea (Starbucks & Books Obsession)
Are You Mine was a deep and emotional story that really delved into the idea of opposites attracting. It was filled with love, hope, sadness and redemption. Once I started I couldn’t put it down because I was truly captivated by the characters and the journey they took with each other. There was something special about watching Fox and Saige fall in love.

Fox and Saige are two very opposite people but they end up being exactly what the other needs. Fox is a guy with a million friends who everyone
Scandalous Book Blog
Nov 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
There are books created just because then there are book written because a story NEEDS to be told, Are You mine? Is one of them.
I love this book the story is one that touched me true and reached deep.
Saige (love the name) just graduated high school and is in no hurry to make any decisions about her future. Life has been cruel to her she became an orphan at the age of 11 after losing her father and her mother at age 5. Pain hurt and anger is all she knows so she shuts every one out to protect he
Bianca
Aug 09, 2013 rated it liked it
Writing a review on a book you neither loved or hated can be quite difficult. There are no strong emotions to express either way. Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy this story, yet I was left slightly underwhelmed. The plot was interesting, the characters had potential, but sadly it didn't quite get there.

Saige Armstrong is a bit of an outcast. She dislikes practically everyone she goes to school with, except her friend Myka, and they feel the same about her. They see her as a loner, always negativ
Ambur
Apr 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Before reading Are You Mine?, I signed up to reveal the cover...and once I saw it, I was totally smitten! The cover was cute and the description totally had me hooked, and boy, oh boy, did this book ever deliver! I absolutely LOVED it! :D The characters were complex, and completely compelling and I loved getting to experience the story through both Fox and Saige! :D

From the first moment we meet Saige, she seems bristly and downright mean, but then we meet Fox, this wonderful guy who is constantl
Abbie
Sep 25, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An okay read.
Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks
Complete review here:http://sexandthebooks.wordpress.com/2...

Through all the story they balance each other. Fox's funny side is what Saige needs in her life, so she can open up and stop being a bitch (not my words) to strangers. And they grow up together A LOT! It is great to see when two characters learn with each other and this book is all about learning to balance your feelings and how to balance your life and your choices.

Saige is still undecided about her major in college and Fox is not goi
Anastasia
Aug 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Jonel
Aug 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
With this novel Smith takes the transition between high school and college/university and presents it in a very captivating light. She brings forth a myriad of trials and challenges that an individual could face and shows how her characters can come out on top at the end. As a reader you see and (re)live all of the trials and insecurities of a first real relationship, and of two individuals who haven’t had the ideal childhood. Smith very tactfully tackles some really tough and possibly uncomfort ...more
Sydney Logan
Jul 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Saige Armstrong isn’t easy to love. For valid reasons, she’s emotionally closed-off, only letting a select few close enough to call them friends. This makes her introverted, moody, and fairly unproductive despite having the monetary means to do anything and everything her heart desires. The problem is she doesn’t know what her heart desires, and she’s in no hurry to find out because she’s too afraid that as soon she finds it, it will be ripped away.

Fox Harrington is one of those book boyfriends
K.M. Galvin
Aug 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs

Giveaway Aug 29th - 31st!

Oh man, this was such a sweet book for no other reason than Fox. He is the sweetest most perfect boy in the world. I'm pretty sure every single teenager in the world has dreamed about him. He's also perfect for Saige. Saige is...rough around the edges. She walks around with pain like it's her toxic best friend that she is only still friends with because they've known each other for so long. She doesn't know how to shake it and she'
Britney
Apr 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
So, I really, really enjoyed this book! Saige is frustrating as hell, but I get her. We all have our flaws and Saige has some pretty big ones, but you can’t really blame her. She’s really a great character. It was fun to watch this romance build and develop, especially with all the complications and Saige’s reservations.

Both of these characters have their issues, and it was so much fun watching how they influenced and helped each other grow. They were both good and bad for each other but in a ba
Lindsey Gray
Jul 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blog-reviews
The lives of Saige and Fox have not been pleasant by any means. The ways they have dealt with the hand fate has given them are vastly different.

Saige has one person in her life, her best friend Myka. She has her writing, her independence, and plenty of money, but no direction in her life. As a new high school graduate, Saige has not determined whether she should go live on the beaches of California or attend NYU with Myka. When she bumps into Fox at a graduation party, everything changes and a n
Daphney
Oct 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
GTR33GURL
Sep 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Emotional Romantic Read
I really enjoyed reading this book it had a lot of emotion and a lot angst but lots of love and laughter to I really didn't want the book to end saige was a very complicated character but also vulnerable as well I loved seeing her grow and how fox was her match in everyway such a swoon worthy hero only thing missing was an epilogue I just love me a good epilogue unless there's another book fingers crossed well done N K Smith def a fan!!!
Carrie
Nov 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
This story is very enjoyable. The only thing that kept it from being a 5 or even 5+ in my book was that Saige only gets to be truly HAPPY for like 10 pages out of the whole book. Even when she's with Fox, and there are happy things going on, she spends the whole book bracing for something bad to happen, and that's a little frustrating to read. Highly enjoyed Fox, tho - super sweet book boyfriend!
Ashley
Aug 27, 2013 rated it liked it
This book took me a good while to read, and I'm not exactly sure why. The story itself was interesting and I'm not sure the blurb did it justice, however, Saige and Fox just didnt have the chemistry for me. Add in the weird friends, and mental problems, and something just didnt click.

Jennifer Pedroza
Jul 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was a great romantic read. N.K. Smiths characters always have such rich characterization.. Both Saige and Fox do not disappoint. There are layers to each of them, that make this an extremely gripping and emotional read.

Thanks so much for the great read. I loved it
Maria
Aug 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Great book! Very Different kind of love. You never know what a person is hiding/protecting themselves from. I LOVE FOX!!!
Katy
Aug 08, 2013 rated it really liked it

Not my favorite N. K. Smith book but still a good one. I really love how well she develops the characters and Fox is definitely one of my favorites!!
Odessah Mari
hmmmmm
Leigh-ann
Aug 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoy this authors writing.
Bianca
Jul 11, 2018
Mandy
Jul 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Shattered Crowns (Broken Fairytales, #3)
  • Life, Love, & Lemons
  • Christmas Catch (The 12 NA's of Christmas)
  • No Reverse (Second Chances, #1)
  • NOT A BOOK: For the Summer
  • Take It All (Blinded by Love, #1)
  • Force of Nature
  • A Whisper of Disgrace (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty, #5)
  • My Once and Future Love (My Once and Future Love, #2)
  • Love Me If You Dare (Safe Haven, #2)
  • Reflect Me (Reflect Me, #1)
  • A Prior Engagement
  • Relinquishing Liberty (Second Chances, #1)
  • Picking Up the Pieces
  • Born Cheetah (Shifting Crossroads, #7)
  • Ruin (Summer in Winter, #1)
  • Indivisible Line
  • The Art of Love
Based in the American Midwest, N.K. Smith is the author of the Old Wounds Series, Ghosts of Our Pasts, My Only, Are You Mine?, Hollywood Lies, and Hollywood Sins (available 7/2014).
An avid lover of history, art, music, books, and people, she is interested in telling stories that speak to the human condition.

FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/NKSmithAuthor
“There’s something almost magical dancing around us, like I’m inside a cloud nebula and we’re creating our own star. I think he feels it too. Maybe it’s just wishful thinking, but I see twinkling in his eyes, like he’s looking at something special, like the vast, sparkling sky that hosts planets and stars.
But he’s just looking at me.”
3 likes