Start by marking “Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3: Planet of the Pies” as Want to Read:
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3: Planet of the Pies

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3: Planet of the Pies (Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs #3)

3.02 of 5 stars 3.02  ·  rating details  ·  112 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Cloudy with a chance of…pie?! An all-new Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs adventure takes foodie fun to—Mars!

Breaking News: Astronauts Land on Mars!

Kate and Henry can hardly believe their eyes. Astronauts have landed on Mars! And their first discovery there? A thick glutinous substance that seems to be falling from the sky. A substance not unlike...pie filling? Could it b
Published August 27th 2013 by Atheneum Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3

Jacoba
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3: Planet of the Pies by Judi Barret (2013)
Genre: Picture Book
Format: Book
Plot summary:When astronauts land on Mars, their first discovery is a substance not unlike pie filling and Kate and Henry are eager to go taste some, but Grandpa, who may have some inside information, discourages them.
Considerations or precautions for readers advisory (strong language, sex, death, religious overtones, violence, etc.): No special considerations
Review citation (if available)
Michelle McBeth
This is book number three in the Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs Series. Astronauts have landed on Mars and are speculating about what the thick substance falling from the sky could be. The reporter guesses it could be pie. Grandpa goes to sleep and dreams that he goes to Mars and talks to the martians about their pie problem. The solution is to capture the pies in nets, box them up and sell them around the world. Later, when Grandpa wakes up, you are left wondering if it was a dream or real.

T
Luann
This was fun, but somehow it just doesn't live up to Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. Of course what book can? I think I enjoyed Pickles to Pittsburgh more than this one as well. This is worth reading if you are a fan of the series, but don't go in with too high of expectations.
Roxanna
I didn't grow up with this series or anything, so coming in with no biases against any of them, I think these books are cute and fun. My daughter has really been enjoying me reading them to her.
Liz Benitez
Interest Level: 1-4
Guided Reading DRA level: 28

Astronauts have just discovered a thick, glutinous substance on Mars on the ground and falling from the sky. The reporter suggested that it could be pie filling; Kate and Henry love pie and asked their grandpa to take them on vacation to Mars so they can eat the Martian pie. When Kate and Henry go to bed, grandpa dozes off and has a dream that they are in Mars and they help solve a very important problem. Teacher can have students make their own Fic
Kiery
Definitely not as good as the original, but I did add it to my collection!
Liesl
Too weird and lacking the charm of the original story.
Beverly
Humorous story with watercolor and ink drawings. The illustrator cleverly began the story with only black & white illustrations, but once the dream about Mars started, the illustrations went to full color.
Shelli
Judi Barrett wrote one of the all time classic children's books when she penned Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. Sadly anything else she writes will be held up to that standard of awesome. On it's own this was a super creative fun book that kids will love. For those of us who want to pick it apart - no it was not as good as the original; it would be extremely challenging to top that spaghetti mountain :).
Rachel
I definitely liked this one more that the second book. Astronauts land on Mars and discover a thick substance falling from the sky and the news announcer suggests it's pie filling. This leads to a dream by the grandfather that he is one of the astronauts and pies really are raining on Mars and they help the Martians deal with the problem. It was cute and rather absurd. I liked that it really had a story to it.
Michelle at Booksmykidsread
they should have left well enough alone. The first book was classic, this was nearly unreadable
Ellen Little
Sweet addition to the series. I especially liked the black & white drawings & the change to color & then back.
Maryanna Baumer
I thought this book was alright. Nothing too great, but it wasn't horrible. The illustrations were wonderful though. Very detailed and very thorough. I think this is for a very specific type of reader..and it just wasn't for me!
Elizabeth S
Okay, so it isn't as originally creative as the first book. But what could be? Interesting and suitable continuation of the food/weather story.
Ben Cela
With well-drawn images and a big imagination, you would expect more from this threequel from the beloved original.
Andrea Labonte
Not the best book but it was good. I didn't like it much as the first book but I did like it a bit.
Vanessa
How it seems to be on mars and then well it all was just a dream.
Viv
Hmmm...is this the script for the next movie
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2015
Aiyah
Aiyah added it
Jul 04, 2015
Lucas
Lucas marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
  • The Very Fairy Princess Follows Her Heart
  • Twenty Big Trucks in the Middle of the Street
  • Gobble You Up!
  • Bits & Pieces
Judi Barrett is the author of many well-loved books for children, including Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs, Pickles to Pittsburgh, Animals Should Definitely Not Wear Clothing, and Things That Are Most in the World. She teaches art to kindergarten students at a school in her Brooklyn, New York, neighborhood. And she usually doesn't mind going to the dentist!
More about Judi Barrett...

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (3 books)
  • Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs
  • Pickles to Pittsburgh
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs Animals Should Definitely Not Wear Clothing Pickles to Pittsburgh Never Take a Shark to the Dentist: (and Other Things Not to Do) The Marshmallow Incident