Start by marking “Flesh & Bone (Benny Imura, #3)” as Want to Read:
Flesh & Bone (Benny Imura, #3)

Flesh & Bone (Rot & Ruin #3)

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  9,856 Ratings  ·  837 Reviews
Reeling from the tragic events of Dust & Decay, Benny Imura and his friends plunge deep into the zombie-infested wastelands of the great Rot & Ruin. Benny, Nix, Lilah and Chong journey through a fierce wilderness that was once America, searching for the jet they saw in the skies months ago. If that jet exists then humanity itself must have survived…somewhere. Findi ...more
Published August 13th 2013 by Simon Schuster Books for Young Readers (first published September 10th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Flesh & Bone, please sign up.

Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
This was more of a 4.5 star book.

This series is fast becoming my favorite zombie series ever. Benny Imura in the first book Rot and Ruin was beyond childish. He has started growing on me in the last books and now I'm actually a fan of his.
This book is very fast moving. With zoms/gray people/walkers every where. The virus is starting to mutate and I'm fascinated to see where Maberry goes with it.

In this book the four teenagers are still trying to find the jet that they saw fly over in book one.
Kimmie
Sep 12, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

Arrrrggghhhh, this book is so frustrating! I likedit, don't get me wrong, but it is my least favorite in all the books. Why, why, why, why did there have to be another group of wrong doers introduced into this series? Hasn't Chong had it hard enough as it is? Why the heck do they keep getting separated? Why are they always finding themselves deeper into trouble? I'm not sure frustrating even covers what I feel after reading this book. I did not like how it covered only one stinking day througho
Trudi

This book flirted with three stars a few times along the way. I found myself getting frustrated at certain points and harrumphing or sighing in exasperation. (view spoiler)
Carol.
An in-between series book, with several major developments paving the way for a future ultimate conflict. It is worth reading if you are at all invested in a decent young-adult zombie series (yes, I realize that phrase may seem a contradiction in terms--however, they exist).

Benny continues to waiver in that in-between land of almost-grown-up, warring with feelings of inadequacy, emotional loss and growing self-reliance. The group is in badlands-like area, and Benny gets caught in a ravine, and
Nandanie
I need this! After the tragic ending in book 2 that left me in tears, I am sooooooooooo despersate to read this! These books just keep getting better and better! And I bet you, when this series ends, I am going to cry!

Thanks Jonathon for adding such a good series in the media!

P.S. The cover looks really creepy! But that is the theme right? Love it! =)

..................................................................................................

OMG! THAT WAS THE BEST THIRD BOOK OF A SERIES I
Brigid ✩ Cool Ninja Sharpshooter ✩
Actual rating: 3.5 Stars

*Note: I can't really avoid spoilers for the first two books in this review, so if you're planning on reading them, then you probably shouldn't read this! (Unless you don't care about spoilers––in which case, go right ahead.)

So, don't get me wrong ... I'm a big fan of this series. Especially as someone who doesn't delve much into the whole zombie/horror genre, I find this series to be impressing over all. They're well-written, they're exciting, there are some terrific cha
Jason
Sep 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books, read-2012
4.5 Stars

“”‘He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster,’””

Flesh and Bone, book 3 of the Benny Imura series was one of my most anticipated reads for 2012 by one of my favorite authors. I am not really that big into young adult fiction, but when an amazing horror author like Maberry puts a zombie series to life, it is sure one not to be missed. The story of the two brothers Benny and Tom through the first two books found many of the main plot lines clos
Brooke
NOT AVAIL UNTIL SEPTEMBER!!! DAMN YOU JONATHAN MABERRY!!!!!
Jen
Sep 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
PROTIP: Read the novella "Dead & Gone" for a better understanding of the background of Riot and The Church of the Darkness, which are major facets of this book.

Hooray for another Maberry book! They really can't come fast enough. Flesh & Bone continues the story of Benny and his friends while they navigate the rot and the ruin, encountering everything from a dangerous death cult to a mysterious haven known only as "Sanctuary." Will it be everything they hope for?

Maberry delivers on the th
Caru
Sep 13, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actual Rating: 3.5 Stars

My Opinion Of This Book: Liked it.

_________________________________

The first book in this 4-book series, Rot & Ruin, blew my mind away and introduced me to a whole new world of zombies. The second book, Dust & Decay, was amazing, but the ending left me heartbroken and I was left unsure if that ending was good for the story. Now Flesh & Bone, the third book in the series, is my least favorite, but I still overall enjoyed it.

THE GOOD.
~Chong: There is some majo
Joe Ledger 4 58 Mar 06, 2014 02:51PM
I need a reminder of how it ended 1 16 Oct 31, 2013 09:55PM
David Estes Fans ...: Flesh & Bone Buddy Read! 52 32 Jun 25, 2013 09:55AM
Jonathan Maberry : Flesh & Bone 11 32 Nov 06, 2012 10:58AM
Jolt & Gummi Bear? 1 8 Sep 21, 2012 08:28AM
Flesh & Bone: The official fansite 2 20 Sep 18, 2012 11:36PM
  • Siege  (As The World Dies, #3)
  • Sadie Walker is Stranded (Zombie, #2)
  • Disintegration (Autumn, #4)
  • Unfed (Undead, #2)
  • Flesh Eaters (Dead World, #3)
  • The Fear (The Enemy, #3)
  • Horizon (Aftertime, #3)
  • Shadows (Ashes Trilogy, #2)
  • Life Sentence (Dying to Live, #2)
  • White Flag of The Dead (White Flag of the Dead, #1)
  • Rage Within (Dark Inside, #2)
  • After Life
  • Countdown (Newsflesh Trilogy, #0.25)
JONATHAN MABERRY is a New York Times best-selling and five-time Bram Stoker Award-winning author, anthology editor, comic book writer, magazine feature writer, playwright, content creator and writing teacher/lecturer. He was named one of the Today’s Top Ten Horror Writers. His books have been sold to more than two-dozen countries.

He writes in several genres. His young adult fiction includes ROT &a
More about Jonathan Maberry...

Rot & Ruin (7 books)
  • Rot & Ruin (Rot & Ruin, #1)
  • Dust & Decay (Rot & Ruin, #2)
  • Fire & Ash (Rot & Ruin, #4)
  • Bits & Pieces (Rot & Ruin, #5)
  • Broken Lands (Rot & Ruin #6)
  • Lost Roads (Rot & Ruin #7)
“When Chong made to sit down next to her, Lilah drew her knife and stabbed the point into the earth between them.
"I can see that you need some quiet time," he said and scuttled quickly away.”
16 likes
“It was harder to let yourself sink if someone else needed you to be their rock.” 15 likes