Start by marking “Vampires, Scones, and Edmund Herondale (The Bane Chronicles, #3)” as Want to Read:
Vampires, Scones, and Edmund Herondale (The Bane Chronicles, #3)

Vampires, Scones, and Edmund Herondale

(The Bane Chronicles #3)

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  13,726 ratings  ·  1,050 reviews
Magnus Bane leverages his alliances with Downworlders and Shadowhunters on a venture to Victorian London. One of ten adventures in The Bane Chronicles.

When immortal warlock Magnus Bane attends preliminary peace talks between the Shadowhunters and the Downworlders in Victorian London, he is charmed by two very different people: the vampire Camille Belcourt and the young Sha
Published June 18th 2013 by Margaret K. McElderry Books

To ask other readers questions about Vampires, Scones, and Edmund Herondale, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vampires, Scones, and Edmund Herondale

·  13,726 ratings  ·  1,050 reviews

MischaS_
May 26, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: english
I have the feeling that most of the boys written by CC have the same personality and that's annoying.
Stephanie (Bookfever)
 photo tumblr_mhydnazd6T1s5vvi4o1_400_zps36b84b58.jpg

Herondale fix!

The most remarkable thing about him were his eyes. They were laughing eyes, at once both joyous and tender: they were the radiant pale blue of a sky slipping toward evening in Heaven, when angels who had been sweet all day found themselves tempted to sin.

So far this was the best Bane Chronicles so far. So many familiar people and names and of course Edmund Herondale, who is like a mix between Will and Jace. *fans herself*

“Excuse me, Bane?" said Roderick Morgenstern. "Are you at
Melanie
“I was born to be a warrior, and I was born to be with her.”

Holy shit, all the stars! ALL THE STARS! I loved this one so much! Not only did we get to see Will’s parents, Edmund and Linette (which broke and warmed my heart), we got to see Woolsey’s older brother, Ralf, a baby Charlotte, Benedict Lightwood (yikes), some Morgensterns, and Camille herself (who I have honestly always liked)! This story surrounds a meeting were the downworlders are trying to make a treaty with the shadowhunters; b
Laz
Jun 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: tmi fans
Shelves: short-stories
Holy hell, this is the best of the three short stories I've read. Edmund Herondale is such a bonus add to this book. And once again I'm struck by how much love Magnus gives. His very existence radiates love and care and he's one of the most humane characters to ever be created without even being human. I'll save some stories for later. I'll just say that reading about Magnus and Edmund meeting and talking and Magnus witnessing Edmund falling in love and forsaking everything he believes in for th ...more
Christina
Apr 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!

"I have very few rules in life, but one of them is to never decline an adventure. The others are: to avoid becoming romantically entangled with sea creatures; to always ask for what you want, because the worst thing that can happen is embarrassment but the best thing that can happen is nudity; to demand ready money up front; and to never play cards with Catarina Loss."

This short story, the 3rd of The Bane Chronicles, is my favorite so far.

London, 1857...we see some familiar characters f
Radmila
Mar 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 STARS!!!

Short story about Magnus and Edmund Hernoldale, who is also known as father of Will Hernodale (The Infernal Devices).

★MC's Corner★
Edmund: Excellent. Very few people are willing to have real adventures. Haven’t you found that out, Bane? Isn’t it sad?

Magnus: I have very few rules in life, but one of them is to never decline an adventure. The others are: to avoid becoming romantically entangled with sea creatures; to always ask for what you want, because the worst thing that can happen is embarrassment but the best thing that can happen is nudity; to demand ready money up front; and to never play cards with Catarina Loss.

Edmu
Claudia Ramírez
Apr 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
I have only one thing to say: This Herondale boys always make me cry.
Grace (LovingDemBooks) Z.
Buy this book HERE on Amazon

3 of 5 stars (Please read my rating system further below). WILL'S DAD IS JUST SO GREAT. I MEAN SO GREAT. I LOVE THE HERONDALE MEN BEYOND MEASURE. IT'S CONFIRMED. AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN CONFIRMED.

My rating system: (I do use half stars.)
5 - I do not use the 5 star. Not because a book might not be worthy, but because a book is never perfect.
4 - I loved it! There weren't too many flaws, and I had no trouble getting through it. (A 4 star rating is the highest rating I've ev
Ferdy
Spoilers

I did find Vampires, Scones and Edmund Herondale better than the previous Bane novellas, though that's not saying much. There were a couple of somewhat interesting/enjoyable things that happened: 1. Edmund (Will's dad) meeting Linette (Will's mum) 2. The Shadowhunters and Downworlders trying to reach some sort of truce and 3. The little Camille and Ralf angst and potential romance.

I thought a lot of it was pointless though: 1. Magnus moaning about his life (though not as much as earlier
Pam
Apr 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-fantasy, 4, vamps, shortie
4 stars
“One can give up many things for love, but one should not give up oneself.”

Narrated by Cecil Baldwin, Jamie Bamber, George Blagden, Gareth David-Lloyd, Jordan Gavaris, Stephen Lunsford, David Oyelowo, Andrew Scott, Michael Trevino, Jesse Williams

Three of ten adventures in The Bane Chronicles.

What a treat this one was, Vampire, Scones, and Edmund Herondale brought us to the Shadowhunters and a Clave meeting with the Downworlders. Most we have met, others we know by last name. The init
Sinead
“One can give up many things for love, but one should not give up oneself.”

Any book that contains the Herondales, Tessa Gray or Alec Lightwood will always be a favourite in my eyes. This book tells the story of Magnus's first meeting with the infamous Herondales, Edmund, Will's father, and how far he'll go to be with the woman he loves. I loved it, needless to say! I love how fond Magnus is of the Herondale family and the lengths he'll go to help them.
Clemlucian (🏳️‍🌈the villain's quest)
⭐⭐⭐⭐

I loved the references to The Infernal Devices!
Nat
Apr 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
This one will pull at your heartstrings just a bit, I think. Will your heart find room for another Herondale, because you're probably going to need it.

You'll find just how much Magnus Bane knows about Shadowhunters, which makes him even more interesting than he already is. That is something that I didn't think was possible.

Again, Cassie and Sarah explore the family ties amongst Shadowhunters and you'll get to understand a few more things about certain items that are passed among the generation
Kai
Aug 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
This was MUCH better than short 1&2
1. The characters - very interesting(the mermaid, Edmund, Camille etc.)
2. The plot - a little weak but only sometimes...I mean do you really want me to believe that some Demons, out of nowhere, attack a group of shadowhunters plus a vampire a werewolf a mermaid and a warlock near sacred ground? Tss. Thumbs up for Edmund Herondales story though
3. The dialouges - intruiging
4. The setting - <3 London
5. Magnus Bane - less annoying but still annoying
Stephanie Bedell
Jun 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Just be aware that most of the ebooks have a typo error that significantly effects the story. The letters "fl" are replaced with "no indent." So the word "fly" becomes "noindenty" and "flourish" becomes "noindentourish". It is incredibly frustrating until you know what is going on. Its a shame the publishers didn't take a little more time with this one. Its quite a massive error. It was a great story once I figured out the typo issue.
Cal
May 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I just keep loving The Bane Chronicles more and more and more and more!! Although this one is a tad bit short cause there's a lot of things happening! But it's okay cause it is THAT good. And by the title, yes.. another Herondale will catch your heart. And My Magnus is perfect as always, this deserves a Leo gif.

Fiona✨
Dec 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-5-star, novellas, ebook
4,5 stars

The best one so far!! TID references are my new favourite thing. Also, my love for Magnus Bane seems to grow with every page I read about him.

------------------------------------------

FAVOURITE QUOTES:

“Excuse me, Bane?” said Roderick Morgenstern. “Are you attending?”
“I’m so sorry,” Magnus said politely. “Somebody incredibly attractive just came into the room, and I ceased to pay attention to a word you were saying.”

"Noindentirting? We were merely indulging in a little risqué conversat
Faith (BookSelf ~ You Are What You Read)
The best so far! I loved Edmund, and Magnus was actually a real person in this, not a ridiculous caricature. The audiobook narrator was excellent as well, so that definitely helped.
Andre
Jun 16, 2013 rated it did not like it
This book was 99% boring. If you don't read it, you will miss absolutely nothing; it is neither well written nor structured nor anything positive. As bad as the other books were, they at least caused an emotional reaction within me; this at most caused a small amount of annoyance. Often I asked myself: What is this crap?
The only fitting part of the title was Edmund Herondale. Calling it "Magnus, Edmund and Camille" would have been better.

Character complexity is just an illusion and a sign of the
Annie ☆{of Lightwoods and Herondales}☆
Let's just say, it's never not a good time to meet another Herondale in love *queue ALL THE WINKING IN THE WORLD*
Mairéad (is roaming the Undying Lands)
{March 11th, 2015} MINI REVIEW

4.5 stars.

SPOILERS i guess

Pg 147.
*heart lays broken* This one was actually pretty decent compared to the first two, thankfully we're getting somewhere! >.<

I was SO glad to finally discover one of the stories were to my liking. Actually I was growing worried that I wouldn't like many of the eleven listed within this colossal tome of a book featuring these stories. I was delighted that we returned to Victorian England, although this story is situated prior to Th
Alicia
Jun 12, 2013 marked it as to-read
I love all the Cassandra Clare books but I'm not really a huge fan of the Bane Chronicles and I haven't read the second book yet. But when I saw the title for this one - Vampires, Scones, and Edmund HERONDALE...

SHUT UP. I'M IN.
crίѕтίŋα•●♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥●•

“Magnus had been alive hundreds of years himself, and yet the simplest things could turn a day into a jewel, and a succession of days into a glittering chain that went on and on. Here was the simplest thing: a pretty girl liked him, and the day shone.”
Marcelino
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
Edmund's parts killed me. Cassandra has the ability of doing whatever she wants with my emotions, even in a story as short as this one.

Btw this is the first ''Book'' that I read this year, so yeah we started very very well.
Varsha
Jun 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone who loves Magnus Bane and the Herondales
I absolutely loved this one! I didn’t like the first novella so I didn’t read the Runaway Queen but I couldn’t resist this. How can anyone resist it when it has the name Herondale in the title? Those Herondales are fine men. And any book with Magnus has to be hilarious.

This one takes place before Clockwork Angel, when the shadowhunters and the downworlders were trying to get over their differences and form the Accords. We get to see Granville Fairchild, a younger but the same arrogant, conceit
Nancy
Jun 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Things to know about the Herondale boys:
1. They are funny. They will make you laugh.
2. They are incredibly attractive.
3. They have incredibly tragic stories.
4. When they fall in love, there is only one girl for them and there only ever will be.
5. They will break your heart.

Edmund was hilarious- he made me laugh and he also made my heart hurt, especially when he was out playing cards with Magnus and we got to see him gambling, because we all know what ends up happening. He was just so happy and i
Daniella
Dec 30, 2015 rated it liked it
-sure I don't care about half the stuff she writes about and don't think she crafts side characters well, but Cassie Clare is exceedingly good at prose. WAY better than most of her colleagues
-Andrew Scott's voice is like silk and melted butter and all other gooey, soft things
Sara
Mar 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya
“The young man had a way with words and the naïve delight of someone who had never had his heart broken.”
Jasleen Matharu
Jun 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is probably the best Bane Chronicle by far. I was expecting this to be some kind of childish love fest for Magnus, where he struggles to choose between Edmund Herondale and Lady Camille Belcourt. Instead I was treated to an interesting time in the history of Shadowhunters and Downworlders - the preliminary discussions for the Accords. Oh yes, Magnus had a role in these (quite happy that he did actually, but I am very biased).

And of course, no Shadowhunter story would be complete without a H

• Other Worlds
  • The Summer Before I Met You (The Lynburn Legacy, #0.5)
  • Starcrossed City (Starcrossed, #0.5)
  • City of Bones (City of Bones: Graphic Novel #2)
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Shadow (Paper Gods, #0.5)
  • Stopping Time (Wicked Lovely, #2.5)
  • Shadowhunter's Guide: City of Bones
  • Lila Shortcuts (Lila, #0.5-0.7)
  • Among the Nameless Stars (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #0.5)
  • The Ash-Born Boy (The Near Witch, #0.5)
  • Adrian's Lost Chapter (Bloodlines, #0.5)
  • Disenchanted (Darkest Powers, #2.5)
  • Die for Her (Revenants, #2.5)
  • The Tailor (Shadow and Bone, #1.5)
  • Oltre le catene dell'orgoglio (Odyssea #2)
  • Dawn of Eden (Blood of Eden, #0.5)
Hello Goodreadsers. Here's my official bio:

The Bane Chronicles (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Bane Chronicles
  • What Really Happened in Peru (The Bane Chronicles, #1)
  • The Runaway Queen (The Bane Chronicles, #2)
  • The Midnight Heir (The Bane Chronicles, #4)
  • The Rise of the Hotel Dumort (The Bane Chronicles, #5)
  • Saving Raphael Santiago (The Bane Chronicles, #6)
  • The Fall of the Hotel Dumort (The Bane Chronicles, #7)
  • What to Buy the Shadowhunter Who Has Everything (The Bane Chronicles, #8)
  • The Last Stand of the New York Institute (The Bane Chronicles, #9)
  • The Course of True Love [and First Dates] (The Bane Chronicles, #10)
“One can give up many things for love, but one should not give up oneself.” 129 likes
“I shall never eat duck again. I cannot believe I used to like duck. The duck betrayed me.” 125 likes