Start by marking “Saving Raphael Santiago (The Bane Chronicles, #6)” as Want to Read:
Saving Raphael Santiago (The Bane Chronicles, #6)

Saving Raphael Santiago (The Bane Chronicles #6)

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  9,866 Ratings  ·  678 Reviews
A Manhattan teen—Raphael Santiago—is missing, and Magnus Bane must track him down before it’s too late.

In 1950s New York City, a distraught mother hires Magnus Bane to find her missing son, Raphael. But even if he can be found, is Raphael beyond saving?
Published September 17th 2013 by Margaret K. McElderry Books (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Saving Raphael Santiago, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Saving Raphael Santiago

May 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5, vamps, ya-fantasy, shortie
5 shorty sweet stars

Narrated by Cecil Baldwin, Jamie Bamber, George Blagden, Gareth David-Lloyd, Jordan Gavaris, Stephen Lunsford, David Oyelowo, Andrew Scott, Michael Trevino, Jesse Williams

Saving Raphael Santiago was one of the stories I was really looking forward too, at the end of the Mortal Instruments we were privy to a
Feb 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-reads, 4-stars
So... This explains why Raphael is, like he is. I quite enjoyed it!
Jun 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: tmi fans
Shelves: short-stories
Yes, this is it. I am so glad that we've finally gotten some backstory on Raphael, I've always liked and found him intriguing. It certainly is weird that he's just 15 and he's mature, and I don't think vampirism is what turned him into such a wise person. I liked the relationship he built with Magnus and even if none of them can admit to it, they're friends.
Grace (LovingDemBooks) Z.
Buy this book HERE on Amazon

3 of 5 stars (Please read my rating system further below). Finding about Raphael and Magnus's past together was pretty great. Poor Raphael and his mom ):

My rating system: (I do use half stars.)
5 - I do not use the 5 star. Not because a book might not be worthy, but because a book is never perfect.
4 - I loved it! There weren't too many flaws, and I had no trouble getting through it. (A 4 star rating is the highest rating I've ever given a book.)
3 - I enjoyed the book
★MC's Corner★
Aug 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Ragnor: Oh, Magnus.
Oh no, no.

Magnus: What?

Ragnor: No, you’re right, of course. I’m being silly. He’s a vampire. He only looks fourteen. How old are you? I bet you’re older than either of us,

Raphael: I’d be sixteen by now,

Ragnor: Oh, Magnus!
That’s disgusting! How could you? Have you lost your mind?

Magnus: What?

Ragnor: We agreed eighteen was the cutoff age.
You, I, and Catarina made a vow.

Magnus: A v— Oh, wait. You think I’m dating Raphael?
Raphael? That’s ridiculous. That’s—

Raphael: That’s
Christina Marie
Sep 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
An AMAZING story! I was always curious about Raphael Santiago, and if you've read the TMI series, you know what he is and can then infer what "saving" actually means.

There was SO much emotion, on the part of Raphael, in this story. I felt for him so badly. I cried when he cried. I was angry when he was angry. He just felt so much. And is such a strong & deep character.

When Magnus first finds Raphael in this story, I lose it. It was such an emotional and crucial encounter between the two. An
“Go to faeries for gossip about vampires, to werewolves for gossip about faeries, and do not gossip about werewolves, because they try to bite your face off: that was Magnus’s motto.”

* * *
- Magnus Bane
Isa Cantos (Crónicas de una Merodeadora)
Yo era de esas personas que odiaba a Raphael Santiago en la mayor parte de The Mortal Instruments, pero tras leer Saving Raphael Santiago todo cambia. Es increíble leer cómo Cassandra Clare nos cuenta el origen de la transformación de este chico en vampiro, su trasfondo, su familia, sus creencias y la personalidad de acero que tiene.

Este es de mis relatos favoritos de The Bane Chronicles no sólo por el humor, sino por la tenacidad de Raphael ante todas las circunstancias. Además, no tiene preci
Jeannette Nikolova
Dec 01, 2015 rated it liked it
I sort of like Saving Raphael Santiago. I don't recall being a fan of Raphael as he was presented in the other books, but I was definitely a fan of his mean remarks and his delightful habit of calling people stupid in the story. This is probably the funniest one out of those I've read so far, even though there were also some more disturbing themes in it.
Jan 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Non avrei mai pensato che il passato di Raphael Santiago potesse essere così commovente, ne che dietro quella facciata arrogante e presuntuosa si nascondesse invece una volontà di ferro e un amore incondizionato.
La Clare mi ha premesso di rivalutare tutta la figura del vampiro capo clan di NY, questo nuovo Raphael affascina, emoziona e fa ridere.
Brava Clare!
Feb 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
Raphael was always such an interesting character, such great self-control despite his young age, his leadership skills are something to be admired... I always liked him in TMI series and really enjoyed seeing how he started life as a vampire and how Magnus helped him.
Feb 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-reader, paranormal
WrensReads Review:

Now THIS ONE is the one that I can get on board with.

I have a soft spot for Raphael (the book Raphael, not the TV Raphael or the movie Raphael), especially after how you learn how he became a vampire and how he got to the point that he is in now.

Raphael’s mom (there’s no way to get around that) goes to Magnus because her son as disappeared and she wants him back. There have been rumors and sightings of blood-sucking monsters and she was one of the defenders against them.

Aug 04, 2013 rated it did not like it
This book was bad. It contradicts itself and all the other books of the same universe. All attempts there were of saving Magnus were ruined; and in my eyes it is too late anyway. This is the 14th book he is in (the 6th where he is the protagonist) and we still know barely anything more of his origins than we knew in The Mortal Instruments. All his “adventures” provide nothing new about him as a character, only the amount of whining and self-pitying increases.

I will give the book credit for tryi

Meh. I liked this more than the previous novella, but it still wasn't all that great.

-Magnus was as whiny and self pitying as usual. Any chance he got to complain, he did. Also, his obsession with clothes was annoying, in every novella he bangs on and on about his clothes. I get that it's a part of his personality, but it's an established part… So why waste sentences in an already short novella on something that adds nothing to the story or the series?

-Magnus as a private detective was l
Mairéad (is roaming the Undying Lands)
{March 11th, 2015} MINI REVIEW

3 stars.

SPOILERS i guess

Pg 296.
This one was quite an interesting insider look to Raphael Santiago. Really liked how this one went. i seem to be going back and forth between what i liked and what i didnt here lol ALSO Magus Bane as a detective! Never figured he'd have the patience or sleuth ability to do so with all the glitter. Idk anymore. #baffled

This status updates summarizes my thoughts for this one quite perfectly. Magnus starring as a detective was certainly a
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
The year is 1953 and Magnus Bane is in New York. As a warlock, Magnus is quite often paid for his services in the mundane world. One day, though, he is called upon by Guadalupe Santiago. The boys have been disappearing from her neighborhood and she knows who has been taking them. A Vampire. But now her son, Raphael, is missing. She wants to hire Magnus to find him and bring him home safely to her.

So this is the story of how Raphael came to be second in command to Camille. But, mostly,this is a
Feb 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Gah, I loved this one! I always thought that Raphael was such an interesting and complex character and to see how he started off as a Downworlder was great. There was so much feeling and character-building in this short story. I really felt for Raphael in his struggles. This one has to be one of my favourites so far!
Carolina Carriço
Apr 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: short-stories
I loved this one! Raphael Santiago surprised me!

I must say I used to dislike him, but not anymore. The way he loves his family is just lovely! All the pain he puts himself through for them!! And that end was heartbreaking. His mother is a hell of a woman :D
Feb 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
هیچ وقت درباره ی رافائل فکر نکرده بودم...چه برسه به اینکه گریه کنم....
May 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Very inspiring. Would definitely change your mind about Raphael Santiago.. and Magnus is fashionably fabulous as ever!!
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books
Il mio Raphael! Come si fa a non amarlo?!? 😍
After you read Saving Raphael Santiago you'll be impressed by his strength and come to like him. Also you'll know why Magnus decided to have a cat and why he throws birthday parties for his cat haha xD
For me, Saving Raphael Santiago is the most hilarious Bane instalment so far.

Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love Raphael
Thibaut Nicodème
Aug 28, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: snark
Full review on my blog, the Snark Theater.

Whaaaat? I gave two stars to a Bane Chronicles story? Madness!

Well, okay, it's still bland and fairly pointless. At least a third of this is padding. Also, there are moments of casual homophobia directed at Magnus by sympathetic characters (both Ragnor and Raphael) and no one bats an eye at it. But I think I've grown desensitized.

And at least this story does fill the role of a prequel: give us more insight in the past of the universe. Not Magnus's past—h
Anna-Maria Morgenstern
Feb 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This story was brilliant! Fantastic! I loved every single section, every single sentence. The action started right at the first page, and I loved reading about Raphael's life before and after he became a vampire. But not only did this give us insight in Raphael's life, but also Magnus's childhood, which was amazing! I can't tell you how much I loved this story. These 50 pages just brought up so much love, understanding and so many feels for Raphael.
And then I remembered what happened in City of
Sep 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Another great installment, this one is fabulous because it gives an insight to Raphael and his first steps as a vampire... I just love Magnus and his role in history... love the whole idea of these chronicles!
Cecilia Raya
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ok, now... the tales are getting better and better, so... I can tell that this is my favorite now, but I'm sure that when I read the next, that will be my favorite then. So... I'm just going to say (write): I love Cassie and I love Magnus and I truly love Raphael.
Raphael :')
Dec 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
When i read this, Raphael's self restraint and hardships, I can't help but feel torn over what is to come of Raphael on TMI. Magnus basically fathered a child-Raphael.
Sep 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks
3,5 Sterne
  • The Night After I Lost You (The Lynburn Legacy, #1.5)
  • The Golden Tower (Magisterium #5)
  • Starcrossed City (Starcrossed, #0.5)
  • Shadowhunter's Guide: City of Bones
  • Old Habits (Wicked Lovely, #2.6)
  • Die for Her (Revenants, #2.5)
  • Among the Nameless Stars (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #0.5)
  • Adrian's Lost Chapter (Bloodlines, #0.5)
  • The Ash-Born Boy (The Near Witch, #0.5)
  • The Forgotten Ones (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #6)
  • Night of Cake & Puppets (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2.5)
  • Dinner Disaster (The Vampire Diaries: The Return Extras, #2.2)
  • The First Kiss (The Iron Fey, #1.25)
  • Arriane's Day Out (Fallen Shorts, #0.5)
  • Sinner: Free Preview (First 3 Chapters) (Shiver)
  • The Shattered Mountain (Fire and Thorns, #0.6)
Hello Goodreadsers. Here's my official bio:

More about Cassandra Clare...

The Bane Chronicles (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • What Really Happened in Peru (The Bane Chronicles, #1)
  • The Runaway Queen (The Bane Chronicles, #2)
  • Vampires, Scones, and Edmund Herondale (The Bane Chronicles, #3)
  • The Midnight Heir (The Bane Chronicles, #4)
  • The Rise of the Hotel Dumort (The Bane Chronicles, #5)
  • The Fall of the Hotel Dumort (The Bane Chronicles, #7)
  • What to Buy the Shadowhunter Who Has Everything (The Bane Chronicles, #8)
  • The Last Stand of the New York Institute (The Bane Chronicles, #9)
  • The Course of True Love [and First Dates] (The Bane Chronicles, #10)
  • The Voicemail of Magnus Bane (The Bane Chronicles, #11)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• The Silent Shield (Kingfountain #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • Gateway to Fourline (The Fourline Trilogy, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Scourge of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Nightstalkers (Area 51: The Nightstalkers, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Book of Truths (Area 51: The Nightstalkers, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Rift (Area 51: Nightstalkers, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Blight of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • The Forsaken Throne (Kingfountain #6)
  • Caraval (Caraval, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Rebel Genius
    $6.38 $2.99
  • Time Patrol (Area 51: The Nightstalkers, #4)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Secret Hour (Midnighters, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The King's Traitor (Kingfountain, #3)
  • Fear the Drowning Deep
    $16.99 $1.99
  • Insignia (Insignia, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hollow Crown (Kingfountain #4)
  • Moving Mars
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Blood Rose Rebellion
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Ocean of Storms
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Wizard at Large (Magic Kingdom of Landover, #3)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Great Pursuit (Eurona Duology, #2)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Crown (The Selection, #5)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet (Wayfarers, #1)
    $10.29 $2.99
  • Neverwhere
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Reamde
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Shadow of Empire (Far Star Trilogy #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Welcome to Night Vale
    $7.49 $2.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Final Trade (The Dominion Trilogy, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Flamecaster (Shattered Realms, #1)
    $4.09 $1.99
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Wretched of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #1)
  • Timequake
    $8.99 $1.99
“How many times have I told you, Magnus? Behave professionaly in a professional setting. Which means no being rude to Nephilim, and also no getting attached to Nephilim."
"I never get attached to Nephilim!" Magnus protested.
Ragnor coughed, and in the midst of the cough said something that sounded like "blerondale."
"Well," said Magnus. "Hardly ever.”
“Love did not overcome everything. Love did not always endure. All you had could be taken away, love could be the last thing you had, and then love could be taken too.” 71 likes