Start by marking “A Very Fuddles Christmas” as Want to Read:
A Very Fuddles Christmas

A Very Fuddles Christmas

Fuddles—the fat, pampered cat—weathers a wintry wonderland in this holiday story of merry misadventures!

The way Fuddles, the overly indulged feline, sees the world, it’s better to receive than give! And what better gift for Fuddles than Christmas? One winter day, he wakes up to the smells and sights of the holiday: a juicy turkey dinner, sweet gingerbread, and a tree decor
Published October 1st 2013 by Aladdin

To ask other readers questions about A Very Fuddles Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Very Fuddles Christmas

AnnieM
Feb 12, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Anyone with pets has lived this book. Perfect for the holidays.
Melanie
Fuddles the Cat is a very spoiled cat. He gets gourmet meals served in bed, has a soft cushy pillow. One day his nose draws him into the family dining room where the largest and grandest meal he has ever seen is laid out. As he goes for the food, which he is convinced is for him, he is firmly told NO! and runs away. In the living room he finds goodies such as presents, gingerbread houses and, best of all, a Christmas TREE , meant just for him to climb. As he gets to the top the tree begins to ti ...more
Drew Graham
Dec 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids
Fat, pampered Fuddles is bewildered by the new and festive changes around the house, but even more by the white stuff all over the ground outside.

It kind of distresses me how spoiled Fuddles is, but this is another fun story with a lot of Christmas cheer, and the art is as charming as in the original.
Kayla
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Kind of a fun, silly book. Fun to see the world from a cat’s perspective.
Julie
Dec 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
We had the pleasure of reading an adorable new Christmas picture book last week. A Very Fuddles Christmas is written and illustrated by Frans Vischer. It's a story of a fat, pampered cat named Fuddles who has quite an adventure at Christmastime. He climbs a tree, braves the snow outside and even falls down the chimney! But in the end, he returns to his pampered lifestyle.

This was a charming story. My mother and my daughter read it first, alternating pages. M, who is 6 1/2, said she loved the fun
Michelle
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I wish it had focused more on Christmas stuff but I still liked it.
Lesley Dahlseng
Dec 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A simply perfect beginning . . . "Fuddles was a fat, pampered cat." Then prepare to experience Christmas through the eyes of this spoiled feline. Every cat owner will find themselves shaking their heads and laughing, as it seems a bit of mischief is in every kitty. Holiday delicacies, wrapped boxes perfect for scratching and chewing and, of course, the tree. Surely every cat looks and thinks - it's for ME! For the first time, this spoiled Fuddles hears the word "no" . . . so much so that he find ...more
Lara
I will admit, I love this (and the other Fuddles books) partially because Fuddles reminds me so much of my own cat (also fat and spoiled).
That being said, he's still adorable. Very spoiled and pampered (or as a cat would say, only what he deserves) and now facing Christmas, with all it's wonderful smells and shiny toys which MUST be for him! Not a story with a Christmas message or lesson or anything. Just a fun little tale about a cat during Christmastime. It makes for a very fun storytime read
Serena
Nov 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A really cute story about a fat pampered cat that runs out of the house and has to find his way back in on Christmas. He reminds me of my cats thinking everything is for him. The illustrations were great, I love the first page of the story where Fuddles is laying down with cucumbers over his eyes and cake, cookies and hamburgers on the table beside him. He is a very spoiled cat. :)
Peacegal
This one doesn't quite have the appeal of the first Fuddles book, but it's still cute with its clumsy, Disney-esque star.

Veg*n parents note: Fuddles's family has a Christmas dinner spread on their table which includes a large cooked turkey. Fuddles himself eats numerous human-style meat dishes and at the end sits down to a dinner that features a whole cooked chicken.
Cemeread
Jan 26, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: storytime, children
A story of a pampered cat getting into Christmas trouble (If you have a cat imagine everything they get into a Christmas!), a first experience with snow, squirrels and more pampering of course. Fuddles is a cute, slightly cartoonish cat. The pictures are priceless- all the same things my own cat would do at Christmas because of course, it was all for her.
Heidi-Marie
Read this with the intention for Movement storytime. It worked, though the very young toddlers seemed either lost or still don't know how to make more facial reactions. :-) They sat still through it, so that's always a good sign for me! I liked the illustrations. Enjoyed seeing the cat's adventures. Might be nice to try in a preschool storytime.
Mary
Nov 08, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not a cat-lover, but even I was charmed by the goofy Fuddles. After wreaking havoc on Christmas festivities indoor, Fuddles finds himself stranded outside in the snow. He finally makes it back indoors after making a spectacular - and apropros - entrance. The illustrations are humorous, especially the ones portraying Fuddles as a "pampered, fat cat."
Kathryn
Very cute cat! I think toddlers will be able to empathize with him and how Christmas brings out so many tantalizing but forbidden new objects that beg to be explored (bauble-hung Christmas tree, etc.) I did bad and concerned for him at one part, and wondered how his doting owners could be so ignorant, but it turned out okay in the end.
Amy
Nov 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Any indoor cat could certainly identify with Fuddles' lifestyle. Spoiled by his family, he is bored with life and gets into mischief time and time again. Seemingly now stuck outside in the snow, Fuddles comes up with a creative idea on how to get back in the house...thanks to two antagonistic squirrels. Cute Christmas book for Pre-K and Kindergarteners.
Margie
Dec 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Whether you are a lover of cats, Christmas or both, A Very Fuddles Christmas written and illustrated by Frans Vischer is a title you will want to add to your shelves. This book delivers the best gift of all, laughter.

My full review: http://librariansquest.blogspot.com/2...
Sandy
Dec 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a cute cat. The first page shows how pampered this cat is. Fuddles in lounging on a sofa in front of the fireplace with cucumbers on his eyes and a burger, shake and piece of cake next to him. As all pets seem to do, Fuddles gets into everything. Children will enjoy this cat.
Barbara
Dec 05, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
Oh those pampered cats. They rule the roost. Fuddles does too. He gets whatever he wants and then some. Fuddles is surprised when Christmas shows up with goodies and presents. He is all set to enjoy himself to the fullest but he finds it is kind of tough when he gets stuck outside in the snow.
Rosalie
Oct 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens-books
To be very honest, I am not a cat person at all... but this book about Fuddles who experiences Christmas coming to his owner's house is one for both dog and cat lovers alike to read! The illustrations and story are charming!
Paula
Twas the holiday season of treasures and treats. but Fuddles the cat only wanted to eat....and open his presents, then sit down and play but that's not what happened on one Christmas day"--From publisherʹs description.
Rosa Cline
Jan 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids, christmas
I read this out loud to my 3 year old granddaughter and she giggled and laughed out loud all the way through it. Fuddles is a very spoiled cat and gets into all kinds of mischief during Christmas. A fun Christmas story.
Pam
Nov 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
As a cat lover, this holiday story unfortunately raises concerns about my first Christmas with several new kittens in the house! The illustrations are adorable and the story line is one all cat lovers will be familiar with. I highly recommend this cute book to animal lovers of all ages.
Cathy Blackler
Oct 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Fuddles is back. Vischer's engaging illustrations draw readers into Fuddles' latest adventure. A possible mentor text for adjectives, and a cute holiday read aloud for any primary classroom.
Terri
Nov 20, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: youth
Really like the illustrations.
Beverly
Dec 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pbf-cats, pbf-holiday
This story was a hoot! and the illustrations were hilarious, especially the picture of Fuddles with cucumbers over his eyes. This book just begs to be animated!
Robin
Jul 06, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The illustrations of Fuddles, especially his expressions and body, remind me of the animation style of Fred Quimby or early Chuck Jones.
Leslie
Oct 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pampered pet Fuddles is back, this time exploring Christmas goodies.
Judy Desetti
Nov 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Book List
A cute Christmas book to add to the school collection. Can't wait to read this one aloud.
Bethe
Cute little Christmas story from a pampered cat's POV, featuring the usual holiday mishaps involving the feast and tablecloth, snow, and a trip down the chimney.
Melissa
Dec 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Cute story if you're a cat lover--and we are cat lovers. Anthony wanted to read it again because, "It was funny." The pictures are also sweet. A great book to add to our Christmas repertoire.