Start by marking “His for Christmas (House of Trent, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
His for Christmas (House of Trent, #1.5)

His for Christmas

(House of Trent #1.5)

Sweet, shy Lady Esme has a little-known pastime-penning scandalous stories! But society must never find out or she'll be ruined! Fortunately, her dear friend, USA Today bestselling author Jennifer Haymore, is happy to share Esme's sensual tale of lost love and second chances . . .

HIS FOR CHRISTMAS

Lady Amelia Witherspoon simply must get home to her beloved family on Christm
Published October 1st 2013 by Forever Yours (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about His for Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His for Christmas

Becca
Dec 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a spicy little number that I've come to expect from Haymore. It has the common holiday trope of long-separated couple getting trapped in an inn, forced to share a room, and finding an HEA. Yes, this trope is used a lot, but it's common for a reason. It's a great holiday theme--second chances, steamy nights, and newfound joy. It works for me time and again this time of year.

This story opens with the characters meeting up after years apart and the heroine holding a mix of a grudge and att
Farrah
Oct 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A very sweet and lovely holiday read. His for Christmas was a wonderful historical romance novella. I really enjoyed reading this romance.

Amelia was a lovely heroine. She was a really likable character. Just genuinely nice and sweet. She has been in love with Evan for years, but a misunderstanding made her turn against him. Thankfully, she wasn't a heroine to hold a grudge and knew when to forgive. I thought she was a great character.

Evan was also amazing. He's been in love with Amelia since the
Lily (Night Owl Book Cafe)
I received a copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

A sweet quick Christmas novella "written" by the Lady Esme from Jennifer Haymore's first book in the House of Trent series.

Traveling to her family for Christmas, Lady Amelia never expected to be stranded in a middle of a snowstorm in a small inn with a ghost from the her childhood past. Evan had always loved Amelia but because she was the Earls daughter, the young gentleman did not think he stood
Mary - Buried Under Romance
Originally published on Buried Under Romance

I adore Jennifer Haymore's novellas. This one had the perfect blend of sweetness mixed with poignant sensuality, beautifully utilizing the reunited friends-lovers trope. One misheard conversation ruined the friendship between Lady Amelia Witherspoon and Evan Cameron, a friendship that neither had forgotten, and which had grown into a deep yearning when they meet again, both stranded in a snowstorm. Will the tidings of their past be corrected? Will Amel
Anna's Herding Cats
Whew, yeah, if you're looking to heat up the holidays His for Christmas will hit the spot. Things get down right steamy as Lady Amelia and Evan Cameron find themselves stranded by a winter storm and unable to resist the fires sparking between them despite years apart and a rocky past. I'm a total Christmas story junkie. Add in a second chance at finding love and I'm a gonner. And I totally got the warm fuzzies over Evan and Amelia.

Okay, so, these two. They've known each other since they were chi
Sandy M
Jan 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical
I so enjoy Jennifer Haymore’s writing, and it’s unfortunate that I’ve gotten behind in reading her books, something that happens more often than not with readers who have books everywhere. This Christmas novella has re-whetted my appetite for her stories. I’m definitely going to get back on track with her work, because I know I’ve been missing so much in those I’ve not read yet.

Amelia is determined to make it home for Christmas, despite the snow covering the land and still coming down as fast as
Nina
Sep 23, 2013 rated it liked it
I've strayed from Historical Romance for some time now and have missed reading them. Therefore, when I saw His For Christmas by Jennifer Haymore up on Netgalley I couldn't request it fast enough. The blurb was enticing and it was a Christmas story too which I could never resist!

His for Christmas tells the story of the two main characters, Evan and Amelia. They've know each other as kids and have secretly liked each other more than friends. Fast forward seven years later and their paths crossed a
Gaby
Sep 23, 2013 rated it liked it
Posted at Oh My Books!

Christmas is here! LOL I know some of you are still celebrating Halloween or preparing for Thanksgiving, but over here it's already Christmas!. I love Christmas so I don't mind, my family and I are already decorating our home and preparing for our vacations :P

Anyway, I love holidays stories and this year I started the season reading His for Christmas. It's a sweet story about two childhood friends who fell in love a long time ago but moved on with their lives. Amelia is you
Lexi
Jan 06, 2014 rated it liked it
** Originally written for Book Bliss book blog. I received a copy of this book in exchange for an unbiased and honest review**

Review:3.5 stars

General: I thought this was a great novella – a little too short in the overall scheme of things but a wonderful little slice of life. I’m a huge sucker for historical romances and I felt this one had all the perfect ingredients. The world building was wonderful and so easy to set myself back into their shoes. The pacing was a little quick but not a real f
thuy
The year is quickly coming to a close which means it's time to break out the holiday reading. I don't usually go for themed books but there is something really appealing about holiday romances. I always end up reading a few during the holiday season. Though part of the House of Trent series, this novella can stand alone and you do not need to read the previous book in the series for enjoy this one.

His for Christmas is the story of Evan and Amelia, childhood friends who were once in love but hav
KathyAnne
Sep 17, 2013 rated it liked it
I really loved book one of the House of Trent series... The Duchess Hunt and I'm looking forward to book two which is coming soon called The Rogue's Proposal.
This Novella did not hold the same appeal to me as the The Duchess Hunt but it was short, sweet and sexy. Evan and Amelia come together as a result of a snowstorm and they find a way to keep each other warm!(wink wink) They had known and liked each other when they were younger but due to an unfortunate misunderstanding never came together.
Jen
Oct 20, 2013 rated it it was ok
This novella for me was just okay.
Amelia is a full figured woman who had been in love with Evan since childhood until overhearing he and his two friends saying hateful things about her, not only breaking her heart but humiliating her to all of society.
Evan was not in the same social class as Amelia and though he loved her, he did not think he was good enough for her.
Years late they meet on the side of the road after her carriage breaks down during a snow storm. Evan does not understand the
Athena
Oct 26, 2013 rated it liked it
Given by the publisher for an honest review

It's a short sweet historical romance..It's about 2 young people falling in love with each other as children and falling apart..It's about 2 young people who rediscover their love once again..

It has a very sweet aura about it..Yes there are some hot steamy scenes,too!!..But I would definitely describe it as a very sweet and innocent short love story..

>>Amelia is a very kind and generous woman,who has been feeling betrayed by her best friend anf fi
Sassy Moms Say Read Romance
Jan 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Adri’s Review:
On her way home for Christmas Lady Amelia ends up having trouble with her carriage and decides with the help of her driver John to make their way to the nearest town in the middle of a snow storm. The one thing she doesn’t expect is that the man who not only hurt her deeply as a young girl, but that she still has strong feelings for is the one that runs into them in his own carriage.

Evan has spent the last seven years away from home and is finally heading back to see his mom and a
Jul 16, 2013 rated it liked it
A short and sweet Christmas time novella "written" by Lady Esme from The Duchess Hunt. This novella is way different than the 0.5 novella which if I remember correctly was way shorter than this one and moved even quicker.

It's always hard with novellas to have deep character development when you have only so many pages. But in this novella you have childhood friends, misunderstanding, turned lovers.

Lady Amelia was on her way to her childhood home to spend Christmas with her family when her carri
Beverly Diehl
Lady Amelia and her coachman are stranded on the road, miles away from her family home, or even the nearest town, due to a broken axle on her coach. (I wonder why this doesn't happen more often in historical fiction; I'm sure it DID happen in real life).

Of course, the first/only coach that comes along as they are trudging in the rapidly falling snow contains her once teen crush, now bitter enemy, Evan Cameron. HE doesn't understand why "Pudge," as he once called her with affection, should carry
Kelly
Read that blurb posted above... interesting spelling choices, right?

Anyway. This book tells the story of two homeward bound travelers, stranded at an inn during a winter storm. These two were (sort of) childhood sweethearts until a sort-of-but-not-entirely betrayal forced them apart. Now, with one recently widowed and one recently returned from a continental sojourn, they are able to discover the truth about the past and indulge in the passionate promise of the future. The story was sweet, if a
My Book Addiction and More MBA
HIS FOR CHRISTMAS by Jennifer Haymore is an exciting,Regency Historical Romance. "A House of Trent" novella #2,but can be read as a stand alone. A quick fast read. Lady Amelia Witherspoon and Evan Cameron. This is their story! Lady Amelia has a secret or more than one. Evan does not understand why Lady Amelia is so cold to him, she is one of his oldest and dearest friends. But temptation brings allure,allure brings forth desire and passion. Ms. Haymore simply shines, once again with "His For Chr ...more
Melanie
Dec 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
For me, this story was heartwarming, sweet and ‘sauna’ steamy, all at the same time.

Amelia and Evan were very likable and relatable characters, while their love story took both of them back to the past and the reasons behind their separation.

Once the reason for the misunderstanding begins to dawn on both, these two light up the pages with tension and sexual buildup of years and years of longing for one another, and let me tell you, get ready for it. It is HOT!

Recommending it to all of you that b
☽ Rhiannon ✭ Mistwalker ☾
”Even now, after years of people admiring her beauty publicly,” <— why I will never relate to this heroine despite her self esteem issues

Doesn't really belong on the chubby shelf, to be honest - the heroine is only 7lb more than the "ideal" weight for a woman, so, not chubby technically, but her figure and appearance are a major feature of the story. I always love when the heroine overhears the hero saying something awful about her! The premise and plot of this is right up my alley, but it go
Maria
Dec 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Book #1.5 in Jennifer Haymore's sexy House of Trent series, this is a novella that can be read in one sitting.

The novellas in this series are actually erotic stories written by Lady Esme, sister to the Duke of Trent—the first was The Devil’s Pearl. Each story can be read on its own and is in no way connected to the characters of the House of Trent series; the only connection is that they are “written” by Lady Esme, a character in the series. I love it when authors include these fun and clever g
Linda
Oct 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love reading this novella. It is definitely perfect for a warm weekend day. It has so much passion and hotness. You will definitely fall in love with these characters. Lady Amelia is the perfect women that many can relate to her because she has some insecurities that most people do. Most of her insecurities came from her long childhood friend, Evan. He may have said something about her but he was only doing it to protect her from his horrible friends. They absolute love each other s ...more
Irene
Jan 05, 2014 rated it liked it

A very sweet and lovely holiday read.

His for Christmas was a heartwarming historical romance novella.

Amelia and Evan were very likable and relatable characters, their love story took both of them back to the past and the reasons behind their separation.

If you enjoy reading about second chance love then you'll enjoy His for Christmas.

Thank you to NetGalley and Forever (Grand Central Publishing) for the ARC in exchange for my honest thoughts.
Gina Hott
Nov 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the book it was sweet and while it was sexy it wasn’t overly sleazy but I did find some portions to be completely unrealistic. I think that her dramatic change in attitude happened entirely too quickly but because she is so naive and sweet I can absolutely see it happening.

More…
Author: Jennifer Haymore
Source: Forever Yours via Netgalley
Grade: B
Steam: Hot Apple Cider!
Series: House of Trent #1.5
The_Book_Queen
Apr 30, 2013 marked it as dnf
I think I must be losing my taste (and patience) with historicals.... Even when it's from an author I've enjoyed in the past (like this one), I just couldn't get into the story and finally gave up around chapter 3. I think it's just me; I can't pinpoint anything in particular that I liked or disliked, so I'm afraid my "review" will probably be of little use to any other reader.
Romantic Reads and Such
Dec 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
I found His For Christmas to be super sweet and a wonderful choice for getting into the holiday spirit. It’s got a lot of my favorite romance elements: Christmas (perfect for a love story), childhood friends, and a misunderstanding - Full review available at http://romanticreadsandsuch.wordpress...
Barbara
Sep 09, 2013 rated it liked it
Amelia is stranded in the snow when Evan comes along. They were well acquainted but she had overheard him making rude comments about her so they were estranged. In one night everything is forgiven and they end up in bed. Highly improbably story but OK for such few pages.
Jessica
Just a little novella, ostensibly written by one of the CHARACTERS in the overall House of Trent series. Quite hot, and a decent story, but shorter than I thought! Though my e-book was 126 pages, only 70 of that were the story and the rest were novel excerpts. So not too much room for extra plot.
Kelly_Instalove
Dec 02, 2014 rated it liked it
Cute and sexy, but some distracting repetition - the author REALLY REALLY REALLY likes the words tight, erotic and carnal.
Elaine
Nov 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Sweet novella. More sex than substance.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Her Christmas Pleasure (The Merry Widows #2)
  • Once Upon a Highland Christmas (Scandalous Scots, #0.5)
  • His By Christmas (Hamilton Sisters, #5)
  • Lover Be Mine (Legendary Lovers, #2)
  • The Sport of Baronets (Romance of the Turf, #0.5)
  • What a Reckless Rogue Needs (The Sinful Scoundrels, #2)
  • The Once and Future Duchess (Royal Entourage, #4)
  • To All the Rakes I've Loved Before (Honeycote, #1.5)
  • Candle's Christmas Chair
  • Lord Stillwell's Excellent Engagements (Millworth Manor, #1.5)
  • Wild Ride (Playing for Keeps, #2)
  • A Gentleman of Substance
  • The Duke and Miss Christmas (The Heirs' Club of Scoundrels, #2.5)
  • Hometown Girl (Bad Boys of Red Hook, #0.5)
  • A Little Bit Sinful (Forbidden Love, #2)
  • A Waltz at Midnight
  • Ten Reasons to Stay (School For Heiresses, #2.5)
  • Deck the Halls With Love (The Lost Lords of Pembrook, #2.5)

House of Trent (3 books)
  • The Duchess Hunt (House of Trent, #1)
  • The Rogue's Proposal (House of Trent, #2)
  • The Scoundrel's Seduction (House of Trent, #3)