Start by marking “Killing Fear (Prison Break Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Killing Fear (Prison Break Trilogy, #1)

Killing Fear

(Prison Break Trilogy #1)

FEAR NEVER DIES

Theodore Glenn loves to inflict pain . . . both on his victims and on those who later find the mutilated corpses. At his trial seven years ago, Glenn vowed vengeance on Detective Will Hooper, the cop who nabbed him, and beautiful Robin McKenna, the stripper whose testimony put him behind bars.

When a catastrophic disaster sets Glenn free, he blazes a freshly
Published January 29th 2008 by Ballantine Books (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Killing Fear, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Killing Fear

Start your review of Killing Fear (Prison Break Trilogy, #1)
Jonetta
Theodore Glenn is handsome, charming and a stone cold serial killer. He was so arrogant that he defended himself at his own trial. Of course, he lost and was sentenced to death. Unfortunately, seven years later, while waiting for his last appeal, the prison was affected by an earthquake and this deadly villain escaped. He’s fixated on those who were responsible for him being sent to prison, specifically Robin McKenna and Detective Will Hooper. Robin was a former stripper who testified against hi ...more
Sharon
Mar 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-read
Revenge was the only thing on Theodore Glenn's mind as he escaped from prison. He was on the hunt for Detective Will Hooper and Robin McKenna and it would just be a matter of time before he found them.

This is the first book I've read by Allison Brennan and it won't be my last. This definitely was a fast paced thriller which I couldn't put down. If you like reading thrillers, mysteries or suspense books, then I suggest you give this one a go, I'm certain it won't disappoint you. Highly recommend
Shawna
5 stars – Romantic Suspense

This was my first read by author Allison Brennan, but it won't be the last. Her style reminds me a lot of one of my favorite writers of dark, chilling romantic suspense, Karen Rose, especially the case solving and the uber creepy villain. I would have liked a bit more romance between the H/h, Detective Will Hooper and his witness, former stripper Robin, but the moments they shared were emotional and steamy. It's an intense, thrilling romantic suspense read, and I'm exc
Melissa
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Theodore Glenn was convicted of murder 7 years ago and in court he threatened revenge on those who put him there: Detective Will Hooper, Robin McKenna and others. When an earthquake destroys areas of the prison Glenn is in he is able to escape and go after them. Now Will and Robin must put aside their past failed relationship and feelings to help catch him.

Theodore Glenn is a truly despicable character. The murders he committed are described well by the author and make the reader almost feel the
Gina
Apr 26, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: suspense, own, thriller
Incredible!

If you're familiar with the author and had read her previous 'Evil' trilogy, you'll be familiar with some of the characters in this one; Carina and Nick, Julia and Connor, and Dillon. I'm glad they were part of this book.

I had read Crystal's review on this one and had to pick it up. I'd read the previous trilogy and loved it, so this was pretty much a no-brainer. I'm glad I did.

Brennan has a way of creating fictional characters that seem absolutely real. I could feel Robin's fear, her
Veronica
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thrilling and exciting! I loved it.
Darcy
Feb 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
I can't even imagine how horrible it would be to have your friends turn up dead, and you suspect the creep that can't seem to take his eyes off of you. Or maybe the only worse thing would be when that same creep escapes jail, throwing your sense of safety out the window, 7 years later and coming straight for you, because you are at the heart of his troubles. This sadly is Robin's life.

Robin tries her best to show a brave face, but Theodore's guerrilla tactics make it hard for her to live her liv
Sheila Myers
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: thriller
Thrilling and suspenseful. When I started reading "Killing Fear", I thought I'd be reading yet another novel about a convicted felon tracking down and killing the people who put him in prison. What I got was much more exciting. I enjoyed the way Allison Brennan added the psychological game the killer played with his intended victims. Also interesting is the new case related to the older crimes.
Lisa
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it !!!! Wow great book!!!!!
Patricia
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: on-the-shelf
Hooked on Allison Brennan's writing, there always a page turner!!! This one is a 3 book Series, but after reading this one, I need a break, this one was pretty brutal.....
Charlene
Perhaps 3.5 stars, but I was so disinclined to like the hero that I kept this one at 3 stars.

Lauren
Killing Fear by Allison Brennan
4.5 Stars

Synopsis:
Seven years ago, Theodore Lawrence Glenn was convicted of murdering four exotic dancers and swore revenge against those responsible for his imprisonment. Now he has escaped and Robin McKenna, the main prosecution witness, and Will Hooper, the detective who put Glenn away, are reunited and must get past their personal issues if they are to survive the machinations of this sadistic killer.

Review:
Wow! This book is incredibly gritty and realistic. Th
Robin
Oct 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Seven years ago, Theodore Glenn was convicted of the murders of four strippers. Sent to San Quentin, Theodore vowed revenge against Will Hooper, the detective who arrested him, and Robin McKenna, a stripper who testified against him. A sudden earthquake brings down some walls at the prison and several inmates escape. Theodore gets his chance to return to San Diego and get even with those he believed wronged him. When Will Hooper hears the news of the escape, he contacts Robin to warn her. They o ...more
Kristine Davila
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 fearful stars!

Robin had been haunted since her friends end up dead after being tortured and mutilated by Theodore Glenn. They all believed that Theodore had ruthlessly killed four of her friends. But after a tragic disaster Theodore had escaped prison and played with Robin and Will by saying he hadn't killed Anna, the fourth victim. He shamelessly played all of them, as if he is way above their intelligence and capabilities.

The fear and the chill were true while reading this. It helped that t
Awilk -never sleeps-
Allison Brennan wrote a fascinating story about a serial killer, and I for one, couldn't put it down. I don't always enjoy books when I know who the bad guy is, but this story had a twist which kept me reading until late into the night.
Detective Will Hooper was a wonderful character, and Robin was my favourite heroine in a long time.
My first Brennan book, but definitely not my last.
Sheila
Sep 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When prisoner Theodore Glenn makes threats against all those involved in catching a convicting him of 4 murders no one thinks much of it until an earthquake allows him to escape. He is systematically killing off witnesses, jurors, lawyers, cops. Very intense. Another great book by Allison Brennan
Lily
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
pick the series up... and get the rest of her series. the lady is awesome! i remember the first books i ever read of hers, The Hunt, The Prey and The Kill. i was hooked. then i found another series, See No Evil, Hear No Evil and Speak No Evil. Allison delivered yet again. and continued.
Tara Kable
Oct 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: brennan
O man this was a good one! My first by Allison Brennan but definately wont be my last! I loved how she puts the reader in the head of a serial killer! Cant wait to read more of this author...
Amanda Sneed
May 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book!! It keep you guessing the whole time. It is a must read!!
Margaret Yelton
Aug 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good book, riveting and kept me reading long into the night.
Nikki H. Rose
Feb 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
To think that the first book by Allison Brennan I read involved the character Max Revere just baffles me. All of Brennan's series follow the Kincaid family - one member or sometimes multiple - even if they aren't the main character or focus. But the Max Revere series is different, as it only had one book that crossed over to the Kincaid clan.

Killing Fear is the first book of the Prison Break trilogy. Carina and Dillon Kincaid are included, but this story clearly follows Carina's police partner,
Khadija Hassan
May 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Meghan
Feb 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
The twists to this story kept coming and unfolded to a brilliant conclusion. Robin and Will met during a serial killing case seven years ago and are now reconnecting as the killer escaped from prison. The story is fast paced and full of more murders, questionable evidence, taunting letters and some of my favorite characters from other AB stories. Robin and Will do have a romance that plays a strong role in this story and in the killers fixation on them, but it also does not take over the story a ...more
Terrie
Jul 19, 2018 rated it did not like it
This was a waste of time. I can't believe it has such high ratings. It is SO full of cliches and the 'bad'guy is just a cardboard egocentric psychopath, but BORING! Nothing about this story felt original or creative......just rehashed parts and dialog from a hundred other thrillers. And don't get me started on the lame love story co-plot. I skipped about 100 pages in the 2nd half and skimmed and skipped to the end to see if it got any better.....it didn't. It's the first of a trilogy and I defin ...more
Lisa
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Incredible

I started this book at 10:55p and finished it the next morning by 7:30a. I've read every single book Allison Brennan has ever wrote and she never fails to amaze! My favorite books of all time are the Lucy Kincaid series but this book was equally exciting, thought provoking and full of crazy turns throughout the entire book. Oh, and of course some romantic love fraught with murder and mayhem. Read it! You will NOT be sorry!
Lauren
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have gone back and started reading this author from the beginning. I highly recommend anyone who is a fan of this author or the romantic suspense genre to do that. Even the really early books are excellent!!
Myshelle
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly enjoyed this book
Grace
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Marie Christensen
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Super good book! I may have to read a romance before I go onto book 2.....Tempting Evil
Julie
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
Bleh. Why do I insist on tracking an author's maturation thru their publications? Guess I'm waiting to see if her Lucy Kincaid series is all it's hyped to be.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question L 5 5 Jan 20, 2020 12:23AM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question J 5 6 Jan 20, 2020 12:20AM

• Twisted (Tracers, #5)
  • Exposed (Tracers #7)
  • Beyond Limits (Tracers, #8)
  • Unspeakable (Tracers, #2)
  • I'll Never Let You Go (Morgans of Nashville, #3)
  • Into the Dark (Romantic Suspense #23; Cincinnati #5)
  • What Are You Afraid Of? (The Agency #2)
  • Unforgivable (Tracers #3)
  • Total Control (Alpha Crew, #4)
  • The Wrecking
  • Be Afraid (Morgans of Nashville, #2)
  • You Will Suffer (The Agency #3)
  • Judas Kiss (Taylor Jackson, #3)
  • The Intended Victim (The Agency #4)
  • Her Deadly Secrets (Wolfe Security, #2)
  • Where All the Dead Lie (Taylor Jackson, #7)
  • Snapped (Tracers #4)
  • Vulnerable (Morgans of Nashville, #4)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Allison Brennan believes that life is too short to be bored, so she had five children and writes three books a year.

Allison has penned more than three dozen thrillers and many short stories. RT Book Reviews calls Allison “a master of suspense” and her books “haunting,” “mesmerizing,” “pulse-pounding” and “emotionally complex.” RT also said that "The

Prison Break Trilogy (3 books)
  • Tempting Evil (Prison Break Trilogy, #2)
  • Playing Dead (Prison Break Trilogy, #3)