Start by marking “Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children: The Graphic Novel (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children Graphic Novels, #1)” as Want to Read:

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children: The Graphic Novel

(Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children Graphic Novels #1)

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  8,112 ratings  ·  1,025 reviews
When Jacob Portman was a boy, his grandfather regaled him with stories of his fantastic life at Miss Peregrine's home during the Second World War, even sharing photos of the remarkable children with whom he resided. As Jacob grew up, though, he decided that these photos were obvious fakes, simple forgeries designed to stir his youthful imagination. Or were they...?

Published October 29th 2013 by Yen Press (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, please sign up.
Bisaal The graphic novels are really good, but they aren't as good as the novels. If you've already read the original novels you should definitely read the…moreThe graphic novels are really good, but they aren't as good as the novels. If you've already read the original novels you should definitely read the graphic novels, but if you're looking to read the graphic novels as a substitute to the originals, I recommend you read the originals instead.(less)

·  8,112 ratings  ·  1,025 reviews

Start your review of Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children: The Graphic Novel (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children Graphic Novels, #1)
Jessica
Jun 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved this! It's been awhile since I've read this one, and I really wanted to read Hollow City, so I'm really excited I could quickly read this graphic novel as a refresher! Going to read Hollow next for the first time! #TBRTakedown
Lola
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
What a delightful reading experience. Cassandra Jean’s artwork is admirable and quite pleasing to the eyes. I read the first tome of the book series and found it rather uneventful and unsurprising.

But I could not get enough of this graphic novel adaptation. I’m a sucker for beautiful illustrations, so that had me going, but the writing was very engaging also, now that it’s not overflowing with unnecessary thoughts and descriptions. It’s more “to the point” than in the book.

It’s rare that I
Jesse (JesseTheReader)
Sep 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I just love this story SO much! It was interesting to see it play out in a graphic novel. I'm always going to prefer the book over any adaptation that comes out of it, but I still really enjoyed this. It was a nice refresher and it hit all the key plot points. It made me even more excited for Hollow City. JANUARY 2014 BABY!
C.G. Drews
Jul 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
If one likes to stretch the truth...this is sort of a reread. I read the first book years ago and have promptly forgotten everything about it (YES my brain is talented like that), but I do remember it being a book I really really wanted to like -- but kinda didn't? So I wanted to try the graphic novel (also I'm behind on my reading challenge lol do not tell I'm being sneaky here) and my library had it so like -- why not?!

Ok turns out the story is WILD AND GOOD and I freaking loved it!!? I will
Jeffrey West
Jun 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It looks like a lot of people are reviewing the wrong book. This is the graphic novel which doesn't even come out until October 29, 2013. Stop reviewing the wrong edition.
Miranda Reads
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-series
Wonderful art, solid storyline

I am a sucker for books with fabulous pictures.

The first book (Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children) already had vintage photos scattered throughout...so I was a little unsure how if adding more pictures would truly provide anything valuable to the storyline...

Let me assure you, it did.

It didn't feel like the graphic novel cut anything from the story - even though it was certainly shorter and contained far less text. The images are expressive and enhance the
Emma
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Rereading the book in this form reminded me how much I loooooved it the first time. Now I'm so ready to finish the series!! Also the art style was mind blowing as per usual with Cassandra Jean.
Jessi ♥️ H. Vojsk

I loved the pictures and the dark colors in this book.
It gives you the perfect feeling while reading it.

Definitely worth a read, even though it was better as an actual book.
Maria
Sep 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
good drawings. story the same.
Maxwell
Jan 20, 2014 rated it liked it
Obviously I loved this just as much as the full novel. The illustrations fit perfectly with the story. I loved the use of color sporadically throughout, and how it emphasized the mood of the scene.

It did leave out minor plot points and details that would have just made it too long, so that was alright.
Something I appreciated was the drawing of the hollowgast, because when I read the story I didn't really understand or have a vision of what they looked like. Also it was really fun to see how the
Alyssa
Dec 15, 2014 rated it it was ok
There is so much hype surrounding this series and I'm just like

I wasn't able to give this a "proper" review along with my rating when I actually finished it so... here goes.

I do not understand the hype surrounding this series. I tried to read the original Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children and I DNF'ed it about 100 pages in. I didn't care for the characters or the plot. I knew early on in the book that I probably wouldn't be that crazy about the story and yet I hoped that the pictures
Whitney Atkinson
Jul 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really like how much non-dialogue explanation is given, but half of the art just looked like scribbles...
Corey Bearden
Oct 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I am halfway through this book and can only say I already know this is one of those books it will take me a long long while to get over. The characters in these kinds of books become my friends and I miss them so when their stories don't mingle with mine anymore...
The Artisan Geek
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
24/9/19
I really enjoyed this graphic novel - read it in one sitting. I read the book about a year or two ago and loved that one as well. The illustrations have a manga feel to it and are actually super cute. I felt it was cool how they made the real world black and white, but everything in the loop was colourful. I'm planning on reading Hollow City next month, so this was also a great way to refresh my memory! :D

You can find me on
Youtube | Instagram | Twitter | Tumblr | Website
Hunter Kimball
Wasn't to big, and i kind of liked the book. Honestly it was good enough to make me want to read the next one. I liked how it was written and how it summed up the actual book in a graphic novel form.
Ally C
Dec 05, 2016 rated it liked it
This boo was okay, It was really slow and i didn't want to pick it back up. I rated it a 3 because people who actually like graphic navies would probably like this book ( i am not one of those people)
Gina
Aug 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was so good! I think it helped having read the book before the graphic novel but the graphic novel makes the story so much creepier!! Loved it!
Kate S.
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was ok
I think that the story didn't really have a plot. It was confusing and kind of boring
Kristina Herondale
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have been a fan of Cassandra Jean's drawing skills for a while now, and this graphic novel is definitely a wonderful example of how talented this woman is. It has so many colours that masterfully create the perfect atmosphere and setting for the scene. This book is clearly an eye candy.

And, obviously, the story is exceptionally nice. I read the book, and I really enjoyed it wholeheartedly, now I've reread it as a graphic novel encompassing Ransom's magic and uniqe storytelling style again.
Katja
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2-stars, books-2017
Ugggh it was fine... I guess?
Art-wise it was 4 stars but the story... let's be real the book is better.
Good for revising the story tho.
Dimitra
Oct 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
(στα ελληνικά υπάρχει review στο blog μου http://pumpeduppages.blogspot.gr/2015... )

WOW!!! WHAT A GRAPHIC NOVEL!!!

I ADORE these books and when I saw the graphic novel I HAD to get it!
It took me some time but I finally did, and read it in one sitting!!!

It's unbelievably awesome!
The artwork is stunning, it's so easy to read and I enjoyed it so so SO much!!!

I can't wait for Hollow City graphic novel!

One of the best, unique and beautiful book series I have ever read in my life, so far!

Linnea Karlberg
Mar 23, 2016 rated it liked it
A nice summary of the story. Can't replace the actual book, though. A good read-in-one-sitting book.
Lexie
Jul 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5.

You know a graphic novel is good when you see a whole new facet of a story through its eyes. Or, well, through its art, at any rate.
Mar 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have actually not read Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. Nor have I seen the movie. But I am absolutely fascinated by graphic novels. And so when I came across this graphic novel at my library I knew that I wanted to read it.

This graphic novel is easy to follow. I'm assuming that it pretty much follows the book's story.

I really enjoyed the story and I really enjoyed the illustrations. I cannot wait to read the second graphic novel.
Drewthereader20
Jul 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I finished this book at work today!(:
K
I love Cassandra Jean's art, and I enjoyed the novel version of Miss Peregrine's Home but I don't think they worked well together. Miss Peregrine's Home's strength was always in its sense of atmosphere, and while Jean is a very talented artist, her skills are more with the human figure and less with backgrounds the paneling and atmosphere. This might sound a bit strange, but I feel like an artist with more solid lines would've been a better choice with this particular novel. Also, I think the ...more
Rita
I didn't want to reread Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children because I remembered almost everything from this novel. But I did want to get back into the story so that I could continue with Hollow City.

And I did buy the graphic novel some time ago. It was definitely time to read it.

I enjoyed it so much!

The drawings were mostly dark and fit the scenery and the concept of the peculiars as well as the monsters.

Also, the story did not deviate from the original story as far as I could remember.
TJ
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this! I needed a refresher for the movie coming out tomorrow, and I'm so glad I chose to read this! I had issues with the novel, one of them being pacing. The graphic novel was, as expected, much faster paced, which benefited the story. I still think the love story is cringe worthy, but I really love Cassandra Jean's art, and her adaptation makes me want to read the sequels! I can't wait until her Shadowhunters graphic novel comes out! 5/5 stars.
Kelly Roberson
May 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I read the first half of this graphic novel that we received from BEA and already love it. I can tell this is one I'm going to need to buy pretty quickly. The pictures really bring the story to life, and it's a great refresher before diving into the next book.
Sally ☾
Apr 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
so in love with Cassandra Jean's art style <3

• Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children (The Graphic Novel)
  • The Sea of Monsters: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • Coraline
  • The Art of Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
  • The Giver: Graphic Novel
  • Legend: The Graphic Novel (Legend: The Graphic Novel, #1)
  • A Wrinkle in Time: The Graphic Novel
  • Messenger: The Legend of Joan of Arc
  • Speak: The Graphic Novel
  • The Infernal Devices: Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices: Manga, #2)
  • The Mortal Instruments: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 2
  • The Demon of River Heights (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels, #1)
  • The Handmaid's Tale: The Graphic Novel
  • Blue Bloods: The Graphic Novel
  • The Undertaking of Lily Chen
  • The Graveyard Book, Volume 2
  • The Titan's Curse: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #3)
  • Bug (#2)
Hi, I'm Ransom, and I like to tell stories. Sometimes I tell them with words, sometimes with pictures, often with both. I grew up on a farm on the Eastern shore of Maryland and also in a little house by the beach in Englewood, Florida where I got very tan and swam every day until I became half fish. I started writing stories when I was young, on an old typewriter that jammed and longhand on legal ...more

Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children Graphic Novels (2 books)
  • Hollow City (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children Graphic Novels, #2)
“I used to dream about escaping my ordinary life, but my life was never ordinary. I had simply failed to notice how extraordinary it was. Likewise, I never imagined that home might be something I would miss. Yet as we stood loading our boats in the breaking dawn, on a brand new precipice of Before and After, I thought of everything I was about to leave behind―my parents, my town, my once-best-and-only-friend―and I realized that leaving wouldn't be like I had imagined, like casting of a weight. Their memory was something tangible and heavy, and I would carry it with me.” 13 likes
“What an unchallenging world it would be if we always got things right on the first go?” 1 likes