Start by marking “Magic Binds (Kate Daniels, #9)” as Want to Read:
Magic Binds (Kate Daniels, #9)

Magic Binds

(Kate Daniels #9)

4.56  ·  Rating details ·  22,311 ratings  ·  2,093 reviews
Mercenary Kate Daniels knows all too well that magic in post-Shift Atlanta is a dangerous business. But nothing she’s faced could have prepared her for this…

Kate and the former Beast Lord Curran Lennart are finally making their relationship official. But there are some steep obstacles standing in the way of their walk to the altar…

Kate’s father, Roland, has kidnapped the d
Published September 20th 2016 by Ace

·  22,311 ratings  ·  2,093 reviews

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
9/13/17 - B/c I am an I D I O T, I'm just now realizing that there was a live recording of the book launch at NOLA StoryCon last year, AND I'M IN IT (0:44). B/c mariachi elephant line. Robin is too, in the last like 5 seconds. OHMAGAWD:

description

Non-spoilery list of things you can look forward to in MAGIC BINDS:

1. Finding out once and for all whether or not Roland is a Bad Guy.

2. Kate struggling with her Dark Side.

3. A character from the past who you thoug
✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
The Grand IAA™ KD Buddy Rerererereread Extravaganza (GIAAKDBRE™), aka the yellow brick road to Magic Triumphs

Presenting Episode 9, or How Kate Daniels Learned That Some of Chernobog's Flunkies Have Innate Wedding Planning Abilities.

Previous rating: 20 million stars.
New rating: 30 million stars. And a half.

Well well well, would you look at that! It turns out I never wrote an actual review for this book! Probably because I hated it—you’d have to have Seriously Despicable Book Taste (SDBT™) t
Robin (Bridge Four)
reread really fast for the Magic Triumphs release tomorrow. I can totally do it somehow.

Official Release day....I'm so excited to read this with my crew at Ilona Andrews Addicts

THIS WAS FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC

I never in a million years would have guessed at even half the stuff the Andrews came up with to put in this story.

Kate and Curran – Love them ALWAYs

Favorite side character – Roman…. The priest of the God of Evil and Monsters gets some great page time and adds to every scene he is in.
“It’s not
Anne
Sep 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was what I looked like when I picked the book up from the library.
Except I'm a brunette. *cough* And about 30 years older.
But other than that, EXACTLY the same.

description

Are you a Kate Daniels fan?
If so, I really don't need to convince you to Give This Sucker a Shot. snort
You're already aware of what an amazing writing team Ilona Andrews is, and you'd probably read a grocery list if you knew they were the ones who wrote it. Hell, I would!

description

However, if you've neglected to pick this series up?
You MUST Gi
Sh3lly (GrumpyBookGrrrl.com)
FIRST READ: 23 SEPT 2016 ★★★★★
SECOND READ: 10 AUG 2018★★★★★

I don't really have anything new to add except it was just as good. Loved it! This series has stayed so strong and the final installment is soon to be released. The best urban fantasy. So much win!

It's saying something when the 9th book is one of the best of the entire series. Yes, this was AMAZING! I couldn't get enough.

There was just so much win. I admit that I didn't really like the previous one, but this was the shizz! The story, th
Sophia Triad
"It's is not too late to turn back."
"It's is always too late."

The book has five main themes:

A) The Wedding:
Kate is choosing cake flavors, flowers, decoration, wedding dress while her whole world is falling apart and she needs to be focused. Roman will be her wedding priest and he has also taken the role of the wedding organizer. Roland is invited and he is not happy with the menu.
(Personal note: Next time I read this book, I should do it without my husband trying to sleep next to me. My con
Erin *Proud Book Hoarder*
"So far I had the god of evil and the god of terror on my side. My good-guy image was taking a serious beating. Maybe I should recruit some unicorns or kittens with rainbow powers to even us out."

If you’re an Urban Fantasy fan who hasn’t read the Kate Daniels series yet, you need to remedy that soon. At the 9th book the series is still going strong and doesn’t look like it’s losing any steam. In fact, in some ways it’s even improving.

The book opens a few weeks before Kate and Curran tie the kno
Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
So in preparation for reading Magic Triumphs, I reread Magic Binds, which I thought I remembered pretty well until I got into it last night and realized how much I'd forgotten. Anyway, guess what I spent all evening reading instead of one of the many books in my review stack? Oops. Also, this book works SO MUCH BETTER now that I've read all of the previous books in this series, rather than just hit and miss. Now on to Magic Triumphs!

Review first published on Fantasy Literature. Note: Some spoile
Aisling Zena
Re-read 12/1/18,25/1/18

After re-reading the whole series, I have just one thing to say. Kate better not die at the end of this or I shall be enormously upset. Also I really hope they do a spinoff with Derek and Julie because they really deserve a HEA with each other.

+5 Stars

I fail to find words to describe how much I loved this book! Definitely one of my favourites! If you have not read this series and these authors, you are seriously missing out!

Evgeny
May 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
"Only two kinds of people drink their coffee black: cops and serial killers."

What do you know I just found what me and Kate Daniels have in common - see above. I have a lot of friends who love the series with all their hearts. So before some of them de-friend me for such a low rating while others gather a lynching mob to nicely explain me the errors of my way I have to say that the book is good. Some of the previous installments raised the plank very high and this one could not quite reach it. M
Jilly
Can I borrow some stars from someone? I don't have enough to give this book.

How does a series keep getting progressively better? It was soooo freaking good that I feel like I need to lower every other rating I've ever given so that this 5-star rating has more meaning.

Kate & Curran are getting married and as an early wedding gift, the witches give Kate a prophecy in which everyone dies if she marries Curran - and everyone dies if she doesn't. Huh. That's a below-average wedding gift. They rea
Melanie
6.) Magic Rises ★★★★
7.) Magic Breaks ★★★★
8.) Magic Shifts ★★★★
8.5) Magic Stars ★★★★

“So far I had the god of evil and the god of terror on my side. My good-guy image was taking a serious beating. Maybe I should recruit some unicorns or kittens with rainbow powers to even us out.”

Being back in this world felt so wonderful! Oh how I missed Kate, her crew, and this amazing take on Atlanta. Y
Jen Davis
Jul 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The books in this series blow me away. Every. Time. I don't just say that because I'm a total fangirl who thinks Ilona Andrews can do no wrong. To be fair, I am a total fangirl, but there is a REASON for that. Kate Daniels rocks my socks off. This book is the most satisfying and entertaining thing I have read all year. Books like these are why I read. I didn't want to stop reading to go to bed... to go to work... to feed my kids. (You get the idea.)

This is the book where Kate and Curran are fina
Em Lost In Books
Reread - 08/27/2018

I am writing a collective review for the whole series, and I will try my best not to give away spoilers.

Kate is a trained fighter and so far has played multiple roles. She started as mercenary, then became a member of Order and then led a pack of shapeshifters. Throughout the series Kate has been fighting and killing monsters. She is also slowly inching towards her ultimate enemy, Roland. During this journery Kate has made many friends. Being an orphan, these people filled a h
Adina
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: urban-fantasy-pr
Probably 4* but rounded up because it is extremely rare for series to be so good after 9 volumes.

“I hadn’t crossed the line. I’d ridden an elephant up to it and run back and forth along its edge while a mariachi band played in the background, but I hadn’t crossed it.”

“You're like a crazy cat lady, but you collect killers instead of fluffy cats."

"I don't collect killers."

Angela
I'm a huge Ilona Andrews fan. There's nothing I've read of theirs that I don't like, and most of it I absolutely love and adore. But the Kate Daniels series  holds a special place for me. It's my favorite Urban Fantasy series, ever. EVER. It would take something massive and amazing for anything to supplant it.

This makes it so hard to review. It's hard to say anything other than 'I LOVE IT' - and I did. I loved nearly every moment of it. This is the moment just before the end (with only ten books
Gavin
Dec 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this latest Kate Daniels book. I think the series gets a bit better with each new instalment. This penultimate volume of the series fast paced and enjoyable. The story was fun and there was a great mix of humorous scenes and tense emotionally engaging scenes. I loved that balance!

The best thing about this 9th book was the the focus was back on the series best villain, Roland! Kate's dad has moved closer to spend more time with his darling daughter but not c
Yodamom
If you are not reading this series, you should be.
I slowed down when I got close to the end so I could enjoy it longer. Doesn't that say it all ? How can they keep writing books that I can't wait to finish and hate to finish at the same time ?
The side characters really came into play in this book, everyone was fantastic, interesting and unique.
There were a couple side characters that held my attention and have me dreaming about their futures. Roman, dark, and handsome. He is so interesting, uni
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads.

The first thing that pops into my head whenever I finish a KATE DANIELS volume is that Ilona Andrews can’t possibly top what I just read. Ok, so maybe there’s a whole lot of EGAD-GAH-OOOH-WHEE-ZOWIE-EEP-OMG (!!!) that precedes my first coherent thought, but then a year goes by, I pick-up the next novel, and the author duo blows the previous installment out of the water. I’m not usually a book hugger however, MAGIC BINDS evoked such strong emotions in me that they bubbled
Marta Cox
Mar 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-reviews, netgalley
I'm bowing down and sending huge thanks to Netgalley for this one because it is totally awesome sauce! The Andrews have surpassed all my hopes here and if honest eased my fears because I just wasn't sure how they could start bringing this series to a close that would make sense. Yes I'm quietly sobbing at the thought of losing these characters but justice must be served and the unexpected twists and allies here when I think about it really do make sense.
My favourite couple are finally getting ma
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

This book. I don't even know if I can even come close to putting my love for this book into words. This book was easily my most anticipated release of 2016. I actually was trying to save a vacation day just so that I could stay home and read this book just as soon as it became available. To say that I went into this book with high hopes would be an understatement. This book was better than I could have even hoped it could be. Once I started t
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
Magic Binds, the ninth (and apparently second-to-last) installment of Ilona Andrews’ Kate Daniels series is quite possibly this author’s best work to date. At this point, it’s very difficult to separate, compare or evaluate each individual book, but Magic Binds challenges our beloved characters in all new ways and adds a lot to the already spectacular characterization. The sheer quality of these books sets them apart from anything even remotely similar.

Kate is pushed to her limits in Magic Bind
1st Read - July 2016
2nd Read - September 2017
3rd Read - May 2018
4th Read - July 2018

Full Review

I honestly don't know Ilona and Gordon Andrews do it but the Kate Daniels series just gets better and better with every book. We're heading to the end of the series now (just one more book to go *sob*) so everything is building up and falling into place ready for the big finale and the only word to accurately describe Magic Binds is epic. The stakes are higher than you could possibly imagine, the confr
Emma
Mar 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is not just a return to form for the series, it kicks the whole thing to the next level. It's funny and epic and exactly right.

That's all i'm going to say, it needs nothing more.
♔ Jaela ♊ Killer ⚔ QUEEN
Awwww, it was soooo good!

Action, action and only action. It's a rare thing that this series keeps being awesome, even after 9 books.

I love all the characters, even the villains. Roland is such a great character. His conversation with Kate was worth the read.

There was so much fighting and so many battles, so very well described, so magnificently done and the war is still coming. Can't wait for that epic final battle, but I also don't want this series to end.

Christopher is such a surprise. I want
Steven
So many other reviewers have done a much better job reviewing this one than I could. Check those out, and read this series ASAP if you haven't.

Sad that there is only one left, and it's a year away. *thank goodness for rereads*
Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews
GAH!!!! SO MUCH GOODNESS!!!!
Non-spoiler video review posted HERE ---> https://youtu.be/-zSPVi-KM5o

One of my favorite times of year! A new Kate Daniels book!
There is so much packed into the phenomenal read I honestly don’t know where to start. I will say it was one of my favorites of the series thus far. And that’s saying a lot! (Book four will always be my fav) So here's the quick and dirty details.

Surprising events:
New character developments, (OMG!)
A new(ish) coupling that has me super exci
Jo
Magic Binds (#9) ★★★★★ [Perfe
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
(view spoiler)
Fantasy Buddy Reads: Magic Binds [August 4, 2018] 12 24 Aug 12, 2018 06:45PM
Madison Mega-Mara...: #151 Magic Binds by Ilona Andrews 1 7 Nov 02, 2016 04:36PM
  • Curran POV Collection
  • An Apple for the Creature
  • Shadow Rites (Jane Yellowrock, #10)
  • Once Broken Faith (October Daye, #10)
  • Broken Blade (Colbana Files, #3)
  • Chasing Magic (Downside Ghosts, #5)
  • Murder of Crows (The Others, #2)
  • Silence Fallen (Mercy Thompson, #10)
  • Archangel's Heart (Guild Hunter, #9)
Ilona Andrews is the pseudonym for a husband-and-wife writing team. Ilona is a native-born Russian and Gordon is a former communications sergeant in the U.S. Army. Contrary to popular belief, Gordon was never an intelligence officer with a license to kill, and Ilona was never the mysterious Russian spy who seduced him. They met in college, in English Composition 101, where Ilona got a better grade ...more

Kate Daniels (10 books)
  • Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1)
  • Magic Burns (Kate Daniels, #2)
  • Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3)
  • Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels, #4)
  • Magic Slays (Kate Daniels, #5)
  • Magic Rises (Kate Daniels, #6)
  • Magic Breaks (Kate Daniels, #7)
  • Magic Shifts (Kate Daniels, #8)
  • Magic Triumphs (Kate Daniels, #10)
“Did you run any of this by Curran?”
“I told him I was about to do something idiotic and dangerous, and he told me to go ahead and let him know if he could help in any way.”
“I don’t understand your relationship.”
43 likes
“You're like a crazy cat lady, but you collect killers instead of fluffy cats."

"I don't collect killers."

"Yes, you do, and those who aren't killers turn into killers by the time you're done. You made Julie into a maniac. That child has more knives on her than a squad of the PAD.”
38 likes