Start by marking “Don't Look Now (PERSEF0NE, #2)” as Want to Read:
Don't Look Now (PERSEF0NE, #2)

Don't Look Now

(PERSEFoNE #2)

Noa Torsen is on the run. Having outsmarted the sinister corporation Pike & Dolan, Noa and her friend Zeke now move stealthily across the country, protecting runaways before they become test subjects for P&D's horrific experiments. Noa knows all too well what that feels like: Whatever they did to her has left her exhausted and scared.

Back in Boston, Peter anxiously
Published August 27th 2013 by Harpercollins (first published 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Don't Look Now, please sign up.
Aidan Have you heard the phrase "Keep running and don't look back"? If not, that is fine. The book's title relates due to this phrase. The main character,…moreHave you heard the phrase "Keep running and don't look back"? If not, that is fine. The book's title relates due to this phrase. The main character, Noa, is constantly on the run from the AMRF due to waking up in a facility, ran by the AMRF, with a scar on her chest. The main storyline is all explained in the first book, "Don't Turn Around".(less)

Odette Knappers
Sep 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
I loved this book! I've read this in one day (it's 50 minutes past midnight but hey). First day of the big Books Ever After Readathon and one book down whoohoo!

Let's talk about this awesome book
This book is so NOT suffering from second book syndrome, how awesome!

The story grabbed me in the previous book and held me tight. There is some love in this book but it is logical. Unexpected things happen that throw your expectations upside down and gosh

This book is the perfect combination of a bit scifi
Book Twirps
This review may contain minor spoilers from the first book. Proceed with caution.

At the end of Don’t Turn Around, Noa, Peter and Zeke narrowly escaped the evil Pike & Dolan corporation after uncovering their dangerous and unethical experiments on wayward teens. Though they would like to think they have stopped P&D, it soon becomes apparent that there may be other warehouses across the country, so Noa and Zeke set out to investigate/help other potential victims while Peter stays in Boston
Joost
Jan 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Het tweede deel van Project Persefone, leuker dan het eerste deel!
* Booksessed * Bec
Feb 14, 2013 marked it as to-read
August :(
Amanda
Aug 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
We are doing a giveaway of this book on www.appraisingpages.com, check it out while it's still going!

This book takes a whole new turn for the Persefone’s Army story, a turn that I really liked. Michelle Gagnon uses the characters and plot she sets up so well in Don’t Turn Around and brings it all to an even more intense level. I think I finished this book in a single day, which for this working mom of two toddlers who is often distracted is a big feat. That should tell you that this book is diff
April
Jul 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
You know how certain things can motivate you to get the job done more than others? Receiving an email and two copies of Don’t Look Now by Michelle Gagnon motivated me to read it sooner. I know, most people don’t kowtow to pressure, but I totally do. Also, I figure given the cornucopia of Don’t Turn Around copies that I received last year, I might as well read and review Don’t Look Now early so that I don’t feel that year-round guilt. It seems that there’s this trend with me, where when I feel th ...more
Kevin
Feb 15, 2013 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.

There's still a lot to love about this series, but I didn't quite enjoy the second one as much as the first. Don't Look Now like its predecessor, Don't Turn Around, is an action packed thriller that truly has some ultimate suspense moments.

Clearly the writing is awesome and leaves you on the edge of your seat, so why Kevin only 3.5 stars??? Well, that all comes down to some certain characters and that the first half, while suspenseful, nothing really happened in the direction of the
άτнέηά
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: people who wanted more of the super boring Amanda storyline
Recommended to άτнέηά by: that first book
UGH.

Almost everything about this book annoyed me- the numerous POV's of people that I didn't care about and that had literally no point to the plot whatsoever, the extreme stupidity of numerous characters, the incessant use of the word "kids" and "teens" to describe the group- EVERYTHING. And, well, that ending.

So the book was split into 4 POVS.

1. NOA- Kickass. Awesome. Kickass. Did I mention awesome? No time for BS because she's too busy being kickass.
2. PETER- TSTL. Literally dude, the world
Ashley
Feb 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013, blog
Originally posted at yAdult Review

As I made it clear here, I love and adore the first book in this series. The way the author writes and portrays her characters was spot on. The second book in the series continued with this portrayal. I made quite a noise when I was approved for this ARC because I was just that! excited! I barely found out that there was a sequel and then I found the ARC and book noises were made. Probably for the best that this was an eARC not a physical copy because it would n
Chayse Sundt
Aug 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a series that will put the idea of a thriller in a whole other perspective. This book as well as Don’t Look Now will take you on an adventure that will have slight effects of intense nail biting, standing on your toes, yelling madly, and possibly crying. This book would be nothing if it didn’t create these emotions that will surely coarse through your body.

Plot: The book continues from where things left off. Noa is on the run and she is on a mission to save children from the grasp of the
Leslie
Aug 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Megan Mann
Jul 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It's been four months since Noa, Zeke and Peter escaped the raid in Boston, but things have only gotten worse. It may have gone further underground, but Project Persephone still rages on. Peter spends most of his time collecting information while Noa and Zeke organize raids as the southwest branch of Persephone's Army, a group willing to do anything to save kids from future experimentation.

Things seem quiet, though. Almost too quiet. After discovering another warehouse in Phoenix, Noa and her "s
Kathy Martin
Aug 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
The middle book in the Don't Turn Around trilogy has Noa working with Zeke and some others in the Southwest United States. Peter remains in Boston where he is doing the computer work for the group. Peter is also involved again with his old girlfriend Amanda who has been infected with PEMA. He is still trying to find evidence that the large corporation is still kidnapping and experimenting on street kids in order to be the first to find a cure for PEMA. He is also still trying to get something on ...more
Becky
Jun 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: teen
Don't Look Now picks up shortly after the end of Don't Turn Around. Noa now leads an army of teens in an attempt to break down the company behind Project Persephone. With Peter's help, they've hacked the company's system and have begun infiltrating their labs. With each new raid they've managed to save more and more teens from the fate Pike & Dolan has in store for them. And as word on the street spreads, targets for the project are becoming scarce. For Noa and the others, this is progress b ...more
Jared
Sep 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The book I read was Don't Look Now by Michelle Gagnon.
This book is about Noa and Peter who are hackers trying to get ride of two people called Pike and Dolle (P&D). They have a project called project Persephone which is when P&D take kids and operate on them and then cut them into pieces and put them in crab pots. During one of Noa's raids something wheat wrong when I guy named Cole from P&D Corporation was sent out to capture Zeke and Noa but they managed to escape from him but th
Brandi Rae Fong
Just like the first book in the series, I couldn't put it down. Don't Look Now picks up right where Don't Turn Around ended, you definitely need to read them in order to fully understand what is happening.

My only minor quibble, is that there is a slight "do I like him, don't I like him" plot line, and while it helped with character development, (and all YA books these days have them), this is one story where I would have been happy with just the action.

On a side note, I read the first one with
Cristina
May 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-wishlist
When Don't Turn Around ended I was dying inside! It quickly became one of my all time favorites and I needed more pronto! Don't Look Now has been one of my most anticipated books of 2013!

This trilogy is amazingly epic and I can't recommend it highly enough! I think this is a great series for girls, and boys as there is plenty of heart racing action! And it also helps that the story is told both through Noa, and Peter's point of view!

I am so obsessed with this series and am sad to see it end, but
Alyssa
Aug 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, ya
oh I was so scared to read this book. The first book was good/ok. Just not my usual thing. So I received this book from HarperCollins and I was just dreading Second Book syndrome.
Within the first few pages, I knew that wasnt going to happen. The writing seemed more intimate; we got to know and love the characters more.
Michelle Gagnon is the master if the cliffhanger. The intrigue and suspense was just neverending! I just needed to know what was going to happen next!
Its been awhile since I hav
Cathleen Ash
As awesome as Don't Turn Around, the first in this series. She and Peter have found some answers, but still have a whole lot questions. Noa leads Project Persephone - a 4-cell group located in four corners of the country, that attempt to save other kids like her: kids who've been kidnapped, experimented upon, left to die.
There are warehouses full of them - and as Peter hacks their locations, and Noa leads her band of teens to steal the children away from them - they find out quickly that sometim
Erin
Aug 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Wow I really liked the second book to this series. I enjoyed this book more then the first one. The first book had its good action parts, but book #2 just brings so much more to the table. Giving point of views from Amanda, Peter, Noa and Teo. A really good action pack book, that doesn't disappoint. You think you will have this book figured out. But it will leave you asking more and more questions with each page your turn.
Lisa (A Life Bound By Books)
Loved the first book & couldn't wait to read this one. This one is just as fast paced as the first but there was something that was missing in this one that I felt while reading. Can't put my finger on it.... Love how you feel right in the mix of things with this story. Love how there was some serious emotions the characters were dealing with. Such a great story. Now I need the third book! Full review to follow.
Jenni
Aug 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Great second book - so action packed it was hard to put down! Wish that the plot had progressed a bit more, there weren't really any new revelations and the characters were pretty much just fighting the same fight, but I'm sure the last book in the trilogy will move forward more as it concludes the story.
Love2read
Oct 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Just finished reading this book. I absolutely loved it. Great sequel to book 1. I tend to struggle with many trilogies when I get to book 2. This one didn't disappoint. I wished Peter and Noa had been closer during the development of the story and that's all I'm going to say... Anyway, good story. Fast paced and enjoyable read.

Rated: PG-13- some strong violence.
Michael
Jun 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Necessarily suffers from middle-book syndrome (there are third book endgames that must be set up, characters to be taken off stage, and so forth), but still a crackerjack thrill ride of a novel. Smart, well-written fun.
Mark
Sep 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
WOW! Read this book in one sitting, its as good as the first book and breaks the mould on middle books in a trilogy normally being a bit on incomplete side of things and a bridge to the third, but not this book.
Tracy
I wanted to read this so bad, I purchased it from amazon and it was worth it. I will just say this- lots of action, everyone will annoy you at one point...but they are TEENAGERS! I enjoyed it and can't wait for the final. This is a trilogy I would devour.
Valerie
Feb 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the 2nd in the series of 3. I have enjoyed both and they do keep you interested. I have been listening while walking on the treadmill, the time passes very quickly. A few times I had to listen while driving to work.
Madelon
Eindelijk is hij uit.
Ik heb een beetje het gevoel dat ik van een koude kermis ben thuis gekomen. Deel 1 van deze serie vind ik echt super, maar deze viel enorm tegen. Helaas.
Een volledige recensie volgt binnenkort op www.thebookdiaries.nl
Angie Carpenter
Aug 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Absolutely amazing!! This is one of the best books I've read in awhile besides the first book in the trilogy! I'm looking forward to the last one with much anticipation!! I won this ARC book in a Goodreads First Read Giveaway.
Stacee
Mar 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013

Just as fast paced as the first one. A little disappointed that Noa and Peter were apart, but they both had excellent things to do. Love the multiple POVs, especially when it came to the end.

Cannot wait for the final installment.
  • Remember Me (Find Me, #2)
  • This is W.A.R.
  • No Angel
  • I Am the Traitor (The Unknown Assassin, #3)
  • Flicker & Burn (Cold Fury, #2)
  • The Secret Prophecy
  • The Uprising (The Forsaken, #2)
  • Vortex (Insignia, #2)
  • Playing with Fire (School for S.P.I.E.S., #1)
  • Samurai Shortstop
  • Undercurrent
  • Hideous Love: The Story of the Girl Who Wrote Frankenstein
  • One Crow Alone (After the Snow, #0.5)
  • Pretty Sly (Pretty Crooked, #2)
  • What We Lost in the Dark (What We Saw at Night, #2)
  • Hereafter (Shadowlands, #2)
  • A Heart For Any Fate: Westward To Oregon, 1845
  • Tiger (Dark Eyes, #2)
Michelle Gagnon is a former modern dancer, bartender, dog walker, model, personal trainer, and Russian supper club performer. Her bestselling adult thrillers THE TUNNELS, BONEYARD, THE GATEKEEPER, and KIDNAP & RANSOM have been published in North America, France, Denmark, Spain, Argentina, Norway, Sweden, Finland, and Australia. BONEYARD was a finalist for a 2009 Daphne du Maurier Award for Exc ...more

PERSEFoNE (3 books)
  • Don't Turn Around (PERSEF0NE, #1)
  • Don't Let Go (PERSEFoNE, #3)
“DON'T GET TOO CLOSE.
friends can only hurt you.
DON'T SAY A WORD.