Start by marking “Son of Our Blood (Aaron's Kiss, #12)” as Want to Read:
Son of Our Blood (Aaron's Kiss, #12)

Son of Our Blood

(Aaron's Kiss #12)

Mac McManus has everything going for him, but he doesn’t see it that way. All he sees is his limitations. Like his father, Aaron, he is a vampire—forced into the darkness and to sustain himself on blood. He hates himself for what he has become and would rather meet the sun than remain immortal as a vampire or drink from another. It’s not anything he wants his family to kno ...more
Published February 23rd 2013 by World Castle Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Son of Our Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Son of Our Blood

Carrie (Book Fairy) Fort
Favorite Line(s) The door opened and then Bradley walked in. He took one look at Aaron and burst out laughing. "I do not think this is all that funny any longer young lady. I demand you let me go. Pup you tell anyone about this and I will drain you."

I really loved the opening line to this book because it got right into what was going on.
Crazy vamp killing poor girl.
I was worried when I started this book that I would be lost since its so far in the series but, I wasn't lost at all! At first I t
Charlene Bauer
Oct 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Mac is the son of Aaron McManus. He does not want to be a night walker, and has asked Mel, the Queen of Magiks”, to let him end his life. She has been refusing him for years.
Finally she makes a deal. He saves this person, and catches and kills this vamp, and if he still wants it she will end his life as he knows it. Mac agrees.
When he meets Andi, he realizes that she is his mate, but she is being stalked by the vampire that he is supposed to kill as well as her stepfather. Andi has some small po
Jacquie Talento
Mar 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
EEK!! Mac got his own story and has he grown up. This series is one I personally adore and always look forward to reading. As Aaron’s realm builds, so does his family. Mac is determined to meet the sun because he refuses to ever feed from a human and that isn’t the life he plans to live. Mac has been dreaming about Zachariah a vampire that goes out of his way to not only feed from his victims but to enjoy the method of his kills and Mac sees it all.
Andi works for Wolfe Construction Company as a
Jacquie Talento
Feb 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Andi works for Wolfe Construction Company as a
Margaret
Oct 29, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mac McManus has everything going for him, but he doesn’t see it that way. All he sees is his limitations. Like his father, Aaron, he is a vampire—forced into the darkness and to sustain himself on blood. He hates himself for what he has become and would rather meet the sun than remain immortal as a vampire or drink from another. It’s not anything he wants his family to know about.

He strikes a bargain with his aunt, the Queen, to get what he wants—an end to his suffering. In the bargain he must
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Sons Of Our Blood is book 12 in the Aaron's Kiss series and I have to say that I did not read the previous 11 books but I really enjoyed and dare I say loved this book. I will have to read the previous books to really get up to speed but this book as a stand alone is good. I was able to follow the characters and see what was going on.

This is Mac's story and what a story it is. Mac is a Vampire just like his father only he does not want to be. What you say... yes you heard me Mac does not want t
Julie Ramsey
Apr 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: done
Son of Our Blood
This book starts with Mac MacManus dreaming he is a vampire killing the girl he is drinking from. Mac is actually a vampire but he has never taken blood from a person much less killed them doing it and he has been having the dream for years but always with different girls and all have turned out to be real. He also is not happy being a vampire and would rather end his life. He is offered a deal that if he will help track down the killer he sees in his dreams then he will be allow
**Elle**Bee**Double U**
Mac McManus has grown up and his turn to find his happiness.

Being a creature of the night is not the kind of life Mac wants. He's been unhappy since his transition and has asked his aunt Mel to end his miserable life. Being a vampire and necromancer, Mac has unique abilities, and one is dreaming about a vampire (who he has never met) killing young women. A bargain strikes between Mel and Mac, he rescues the woman who is to be his mate from the vampire of his dreams and she will grant his wish.

B
Belinda
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kathi-s-barton
Book 12 - Aaron's Kiss Series --- Mac, who is son to Aaron and Sara, wants to meet the sun even though he has everything going for him. He hates his life because he is a Vampire like his dad. He makes a bargain with his aunt, the Queen, to get what he wants. He has been having nightmares about this vampire killing women. Brandi or Andi to her friends has been running and hiding for years from her stepfather. Brandi is not your ordinary girl and her stepfather wants to sell her to this lab to be ...more
Tracey Steinbach
Apr 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-reads
I had never read a Kathi Barton book before Son of Our Blood. Now that I have read this one, I intend to start at the beginning of this series and read all of them.

By page two, I was hooked. The book started with action, leaving just enough out that I had to turn the page to see what happened next. The story never lagged or skipped over anything important.

Mac and Andi were wonderful characters. I liked them from the start. Andi is no simpering female and I loved that. She’s a heroine I could c
Elaine Kirby
Feb 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Mac's Story!

Mac is a vampire necromancer & Aaron's & Sara's 1st born son; he doesn't want to live. Andi is a woman that can do magic with her hands & is trying to stay ahead of her abusive step-father as he likes not only to beat her up but would like to sell her to some scientific facility so that he can make some money off of her abilities. This story was excellent & is a HEA story. There is another evil vampire, as well as the step-father for Mac & Andi to deal with &
N. Kuhn
May 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
What do you get when you pack everything paranormal into one book? A Kathi Barton read. Having not read any of the series, I'm not left wondering what's going on. The author does well with making the reader feel a part of the series no matter which book is picked up. A strong female lead and explosive chemistry between Andi and Mac has the reader begging for more! As with all good books, it seems to end too soon! I love it.
Carmen
Love it. 50 years later and Mac is all grown up and kinda grumpy (but he has a reason to be).

I was so happy to find that he had a mate.

We got to see most of the old Gang and see how they have grown and there children have grown.

Couldn't put it down was reading while at work. LOL

Grabbing the next one.
Denise Desmarais
Oct 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book and the entire Aaron's Kiss Series has fascinating characters, excitement, action, and romance. They are all easy to follow and flow very nicely. As is every book this author writes. I love how each character has a detailed background and makes in an appearance in other books through out the series. Must read!
Juliana Chen
Sep 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
seeing Mac as an adult, at the beginning of the story, so hopeless, heart wrenchingly sad about his life...

and of course the parent.. Aaron and Sara.. the couple that still give me smile.

I find it hilarious how Mel turning things for Mac.. with gave him the ultimate mission.. to save his own mate.. brilliant way to save him..
Jamie Campbell
I really love this series! the way she wrote these books, you got to know the people really good and then when they had children, you got to know them, mac is Aaron and Sara's son and he has been in all the books from being a baby to an adult, this book was his story about finding his mate
Denise
Feb 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Well I must say I loved Mac Story.. He is all grown
up.. He is still the charmer.. Mac was not Happy about
his life but Mel had ask him to do her a favor ..
It was to watch over a woman that had kids
little did he know he would find his own mate ..
iliana G
Sep 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I so so so so have waited for this book and despite the fact that The Fate Atropos is being called Athropos in all the books i really loved Mac's book!
Hope the Author corrects the mistake.
Laura Wolf
Feb 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Cannot get enough of this series!! I will be whimpering until she writes book 13!!!!
Trouble
Patricia Bowlin
Dec 16, 2013
Lisa Miller
Jun 26, 2016

• Logan (The Cursed Clan, #3)
  • Guardian's Joy (Guardians of the Race, #3)
  • Haven (Tranquilli Bloodline, #1)
  • Cloe: Two for the Bite of One (Denver Pack, #4)
  • Blood Lust (Blood Series, #3)
  • Days of Redemption (The Firsts #6)
  • Awakening (Willow Creek, #3)
  • A Little Bit of Fur (Tresora, #2)
  • Outcast
  • Prophecy (Blood Moon #1)
  • Blane (Blood and Sex, #3)
  • Caressed by Shadows (Rulers of Darkness, #4)
  • Fight to Remember (Trueblood #5)
  • What a Bear Wants (Wild Side #1)
  • Freed (Vampire King, #3)
  • Wraith's Awakening (Para-Ops, #0.5)
Kathi Barton, author of the bestselling series Force of Nature, lives in Nashport, Ohio with her husband Paul. In addition to writing full time Kathi likes to spend time with her eight grandkids, three children and three children-in-laws. She writes to relax and have fun.
Her muse, a cross between Jimmy Stewart and Hugh Jackman brings them to life for her readers in a way that has them coming back

Aaron's Kiss (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Blood, Body and Mind (Aaron's Kiss, #1)
  • Divine Savior (Aaron's Kiss, #2)
  • Natural Magick (Aaron's Kiss, #3)
  • Burden of Reckoning (Aaron's Kiss, #4)
  • Enduring Retribution (Aaron's Kiss, #5)
  • Fated Absolution (Aaron's Kiss, #6)
  • Reluctant Alpha (Aaron's Kiss, #7)
  • The Faerie Master (Aaron's Kiss, #8)
  • My Warrior Fae (Aaron's Kiss, #9)
  • Night Hungers (Aaron's Kiss, #10)