Start by marking “Forever Charmed (Halloween Laveau, #1)” as Want to Read:
Forever Charmed (Halloween Laveau, #1)

Forever Charmed (Halloween LaVeau #1)

3.65  ·  Rating details ·  2,896 Ratings  ·  302 Reviews
Halloween Laveau is descended from a long line of witches. Yes, her name is Halloween. The cosmic universe is definitely playing some kind of sick joke on her. She’s the ultimate witch cliché, complete with a black cat and spooky house. Thank heavens she’s missing the warts and flying broom.

When Halloween inherits her great-aunt’s manor, she decides to put the house to goo
Published March 25th 2013 by Rose Pressey

Zyra
silly, fun, cozy, light, entertaining.
this was perfect halloween themed book.
spooky house, witches, coven. the book was very silly when it came to the guys. slow in pace but managed to kept me interested through out.
Jaime Jeffrey
Jul 09, 2013 rated it it was ok
GOOD GOLLY, MISS MOLLY!!! I absolutely hate giving bad reviews on a book. I just wonder what all this author's other books r like. The fact that this book got an overall rating of 4.5 stars, makes me think somethins wrong w/ me. What is it about Namby-Pamby, female characters that ppl just love?! I've never been a quitter but half way through this book, I wanted to & was like: "MAKE IT STOP"! I'm sure u've read the book review so I'm not gonna retell it. I am gonna tell u that the best part ...more
Darkand
I feel that this author is like a diamond in the rough. I love every premise she comes up with and her characters are great. I just keep getting that "...and this one time, at band camp" feeling as I'm reading. Sometimes I catch myself questioning certain tiny aspects of the story, like in this one, why would Hallie be afraid to open the door of her Bed & Breakfast to someone knocking, no matter what time it is - is it not a business? Is it not similar to a hotel, with guests showing up even ...more
Alison
May 25, 2013 rated it it was ok
I bought this book because of the good reviews... But was sorely disappointed. I'm honestly thinking everyone else got a different version than I did. The premise is good... The characters are ok... But I think this book fell quite short in realizing its potential. While there were good aspects, nothing stood out as an "oh this was so worth reading" moment. What this book needs is a good editor and maybe a little but more story development. You could basically read chapters 1 & 2 then skip a ...more
Runningrabbit
I found this book boring and dull.

I guess it is supposed to be a comedy. I found the characters annoying and juvenile making the whole scenario overworked and falling flat. It didn't get far enough to find our what the love interests were in nature.

I ditched the whole thing by about the third or fourth chapter. I couldn't take any more rubbish.
Grace's Potato
Hmmm where to start...it has an interesting storyline, but terribly executed. It is insanely very wordy with info-dumping galore (well actually more like description-dumping). Show, not tell! The main character is shallow and whiny as hell, and despite the increasingly dangerous predicament she is in all she can think about is how hot the two men are.

It takes the main character 5 pages to get to the point, especially when she is "talking" to her best friend. She ho hums and keeps dragging on th
☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎
Rating it 3.5 stars

It was a good start to a series. I'll have to see how the next one is to see what is going to happen and also to see if it gets better.
Nessie Smith
Jul 25, 2015 rated it did not like it
I give it a 1.5. granted I didn't get past page 112 before I threw in the towel. But I did like the whole inheriting the manor and opening a bed n breakfast, but since the lead cant cook breakfast (or anything really) I think she should have just opened an Inn.

A thing the author did that so many do is make the lead character, who is suppose to resemble a strong female have an instant and almost unbearable attraction to the first hot guy she meets. Knees get wobbly. Lets him bail without paying (
Kim
Oct 29, 2015 rated it it was ok
Originally posted at http://kimheniadis.com

I wanted to love this book since it’s about a woman who finds out she’s a witch, and of course not just any witch, but a powerful one. Plus she lives in a giant manor and her name is Halloween. How cool is that?!?

But alas, I found it just so-so. My biggest complaint is the character development, or lack thereof. Halloween’s best friend, Annabelle, is scared of everything. Which gets really annoying fast. There is no way to develop her if she keeps needi
Kelly Johnson
May 22, 2013 rated it it was ok
I would actually give this book 2.5 stars if it were possible. I started out thinking the plot would be cute and have potential for some good jokes and bantering. Unfortunately the longer it drug on the more it started to feel like a young adult soap opera. Unimportant things like getting pizza and wine were pushed to the fore front while the character is supposed to be agonizing over the mysterious witch set to kill her. The two "men" are there to assist her so they basically tell her nothing.. ...more
Indiana
Jan 25, 2015 rated it did not like it
The abundance of glowing review on amazon, the cheap price, and the charming summary lured me into purchasing and reading this ebook. It had a lot of potential with a not so successful witch inheriting a house with many secrets and opening up a B&B and getting her first guests in the middle of the night. Unfortunately, I didn't find it as charming and fabulous as everything led me to believe it would be. It was sadly tedious to read at times and on several occasions I almost gave up and move ...more
Starla B
Jun 19, 2013 rated it it was ok
Meh, this book was ok. Nothing was really wrong with it; I just didn't find it that interesting. The story line didn't grab me, and I don't feel anything for any of the characters. I doubt I'll read any more in the series.
Tracy L. Cathey
Aug 03, 2014 rated it did not like it
Annoying

Annoying

Very poorly written, many question left unanswered. Will not continue with this series, or this author.
Found myself skipping and reading only dialog.
Bailey
Oct 17, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
This sounded like it could be a really cute book...but man, the writing is awful. The dialogue is stiff, contrived, and juvenile. The characters lack any depth whatsoever and the writer has serious pacing issues. I'm not sure how this became a published series, much less a best selling one.
Saidah Gilbert
So badly written. The plot didn't progress but rather jumped from scene to scene. The romance was practically non-existent except for the narrator telling us that it was there. I didn't believe her.
Nola Arganbright
Nov 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cozy-mysteries
Not so talented witch.

This is the first book of a new cozy mystery series. Halloween is a Witch but not a very good one. She has inherited a large home from her Great Aunt that she is turning into a bed and breakfast.
Her first guest arrives in the middle of a dark and stormy night. He is gorgeous but brings other mysteries with him.
This book has several mysteries within a bigger mystery.
There are great well developed characters and a strong plot. There is a little romance, two sexy boarders, wi
Mandy
Halloween Laveau may have been a witch but her magic is severely lacking when it comes to casting spells. She can’t even bring dying flowers back to life and she’s a disappointment to her own mother who had high hopes after her birthday. Her great-aunt has left her with her old home a large manor that Hallie decides to turn into a bed and breakfast. Not like she has anything else to do with the big old house. Within twenty four hours of opening the bed and breakfast two very attractive similar s ...more
Karen
Apr 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Let me say first that I always enjoy the books written by Rose Pressey, they are light and fun with just the right amount of quirkiness to keep you interested. This time I read along to the audio and while it was good the narrator, Saskia Maarleveld, did not always make it enjoyable. If you only listen then it is not such a bad thing but when you are reading along and the narrator does not even read the words written but what she feels sounds right it is quite annoying. The story flows well and ...more
Sue
Apr 19, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: audible, after-dark
I tried really hard to finish this book, I can count on one hand the number of books I haven't finished over the last few years and this one. I just couldn't finish it, 80% complete and I still couldn't make myself skim the pages to read the climax. Beyond foolish the dialog is stiff, the action moves at a snails pace... really just not worth reading. The audio if possible was worse. What's missing? Heart, there isn't any.

If anything, I think the author's need to keep the girl undecided between
Erica Leigh
Aug 31, 2013 rated it it was ok
This one showed promise (the cover art caught my attention) but didn’t quite deliver on it for me. It was too jumpy with an inconsistent timeline, and given the lead to the show-down at the end, the actual event was anti-climatic. I liked Hallie to start but she was grating on me by the end of the book – the only character I liked throughout was Annabelle. I knew it was the first in a series so I wasn’t expecting everything to be wrapped up, but there were still too many gaps for my liking (what ...more
Sky Paz
Sep 03, 2013 rated it it was ok
Jury's still out. There were so many grammer and spelling errors in the printing that I was getting annoyed. The story was pretty predictable but just like movies there isn't much that hasn't already been done. The relationships between the two male characters, Nicolas and Liam, is interesting and I hope the author explores this more as the series continues. The main character is kind of annoyingly self aware. She has some interesting/humorous quirks that I normally enjoy, however having them po ...more
Samantha
Jul 26, 2016 rated it did not like it
This book is the worst book I have ever read. It turned into a really stupid over reaching paranormal romance. It was repetitive with the main character doing the same thing over and over again. Please don't waste your time or money on this book. I can'tell believe there is a whole series of this crap.
Kathy
Sep 12, 2016 rated it did not like it
I had a hard time finishing this one and almost stopped reading it several times. The main character was annoying. Most of the 'dialogue' in the book consisted of the main character asking herself a series of obvious questions.
Rikad
Apr 14, 2013 rated it it was ok
Would have given this 3 stars if the story had moved at a better pace, takes a lot of unnecessary time getting to the point. Lots of repetition, a couple of continuity issues and more than a few typos all worked against the plot and made this book less than magical fore.
Casey Keen
Jun 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Another good novel by Rose Pressey! I always enjoy Halloween's character (even though her absent-minded thoughts annoy me sometimes)! Light, fun read and I am looking forward to finding out what happens in the 3rd installment of the series!
Mo
Apr 18, 2016 rated it did not like it
I thought this book would be promising, but instead it's a boring soap opera. Halloween IS annoying. Do not read unless you like to waste your time.
Dana
Apr 27, 2015 rated it did not like it
This book was beyond dreadful. I nearly gave up on it multiple times. Poorly edited and poorly executed. This was a colossal waste of my time and my 98 cents.
Sa
Dec 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Humorous and fun, but the guys' secret keeping and evasiveness was real annoying.I loved Hallie's relationship with her mom, and Annabelle was awesome.
Apr 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
A very nice fun, relaxing read. I am excited for book two to come out next month and will also like to read more of Rose Pressey's books! A new fan of Rose Pressey!!
Margaret Hasemann
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Oops is an understatement !

Hallie (Halloween) LaVeau is like so any girls fresh out of school. She is still trying to figure out what her life journey is all about and just what roads she wants it to travel on. The fact that she is a witch who can't seem to get the hang of her own magic has become a minor point in her life. Running a bed and breakfast might not be a bad idea, and everything was all set up ready to start this new episode in her life which potentially she might make a decent livin
Madison Mega-Mara...: Forever Charmed - 7th Aug Book 1 1 Aug 21, 2013 05:48AM
  • How [Not] to Kiss a Prince (Cindy Eller, #2)
  • Tarnished and Torn (A Witchcraft Mystery, #5)
  • Some Like It Witchy (A Wishcraft Mystery, #5)
  • Blood Bath & Beyond (Immortality Bites Mystery #1; Immortality Bites #6)
  • Bloodstone (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #2)
  • Witchy Business (Witch Detectives #1)
  • A Charming Cure (Magical Cures Mystery, #2)
  • Brownies and Broomsticks (A Magical Bakery Mystery, #1)
  • Be My Banshee (Purple Door Detective Agency #1)
  • Witch Way (Magical Holiday Tales, #1)
  • A Demon Does It Better (Hex, #6)
  • Lemon Pies and Little White Lies (A Charmed Pie Shoppe Mystery, #4)
  • Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble (Jolie Wilkins, #1)
Forever Charmed available now!

Rock 'n' Roll is Undead, No Shoes, No Shirt, No Spells, How to Date a Werewolf, and Me and My Ghoulfriends are available on Kindle, Nook, and Smashwords. Only 99 cents.

Rose Pressey enjoys writing quirky and fun novels with a paranormal twist. The paranormal has always captured her interest. The thought of finding answers to the unexplained fascinates her.

When she's n
More about Rose Pressey

Halloween LaVeau (9 books)
  • Charmed Again (Halloween LaVeau, #2)
  • Third Time's a Charm (Halloween LaVeau, #3)
  • Charmed I'm Sure (Halloween LaVeau, #4)
  • A Charmed Life (Halloween LaVeau #5)
  • Charmed Ever After (Halloween LaVeau #6)
  • Once Upon a Charmed Time (Halloween LaVeau #7)
  • Charmed to Death (Halloween LaVeau #8)
  • A Charmed Cauldron: A Witch Cozy Mystery (The Halloween LaVeau Series Book 9)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Trail of Dead (Scarlett Bernard, #2)
  • The Regulars
  • Childhood's End
  • The Mirror
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Voyage to Magical North (The Accidental Pirates)
    $5.67 $2.99
  • Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • That Hideous Strength: (Space Trilogy, Book Three) (The Space Trilogy 3)
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Swords and Deviltry (Lankhmar, 1)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Garden of Stones (Echoes of Empire, #1)
  • Dracula [Kindle in Motion]
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Dark Tower: And Other Stories
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Autumn Republic (Powder Mage #3)
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Stinger
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Out of the Silent Planet (Space Trilogy, #1)
    $5.74 $1.99
  • Extracted (Extracted Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2)
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Spirit Hunters
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Loved (House of Night Other World #1)
    $11.00 $0.99
  • The Terranauts
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Brilliance (Brilliance Saga, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Better World (Brilliance Saga, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Written in Fire (Brilliance Saga, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • Ocean of Storms
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Sword of Shannara Trilogy (Shannara, #1-3)
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Artful
  • Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chains of Command (Frontlines, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angles of Attack (Frontlines, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Chocolate Touch
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
  • Mama Day
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
  • Infinite
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Boundary Lines (Boundary Magic, #2)
  • The Mermaid's Sister
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Born (Boundary Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Blood Kissed (Lizzie Grace, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
  • Celia and the Fairies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Best Served Cold (First Law World, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • To Honor You Call Us (Man of War, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunter's Trail (Scarlett Bernard, #3)
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • Ticker
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard (Barsk, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“Annabelle was practically standing on my back. It was like wearing an Annabelle backpack.” 1 likes
“Is it in the book?” I asked as I exchanged a look with both men. “Only you can tell me that. I don’t have the book, remember?” He gave a forced smile. “Yeah, well, you wanted to destroy the book, remember?” I asked.” 0 likes