Start by marking “I Married the Duke (The Prince Catchers, #1)” as Want to Read:
I Married the Duke (The Prince Catchers, #1)

I Married the Duke

(The Prince Catchers #1)

Three very different sisters beguile society with their beauty and charm, but only one of them must fulfill a prophecy: marry a prince. Who is the mystery Prince Charming, and which sister will be his bride?

On the way to marry a prince in a castle, a lady should never:

1. Bribe an infuriatingly arrogant and undeniably irresistible ship captain,
2. Let him kiss her senseles
Mass Market Paperback, 365 pages
Published August 27th 2013 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about I Married the Duke, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Married the Duke

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

Full review now posted...

There were moments I loved this story, and moments I wanted to scream because things were taking so long to work out, but all in all I Married the Duke is an entertaining tale!

Blurb...

Arabella Caulfield, one of three orphaned sisters, has clung to an ancient gypsy prophecy as the only way to save her family from endless heartbreak. Now she has twelve days to reach a remote French castle and fulfill her destiny: to marry a prince.

Along the way, Arabella meets Luc
Mary - Buried Under Romance
Feb 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Posted on my blog: http://www.buriedunderromance.blogspo...

A fantastic debut to Katharine Ashe's new series, The Prince Catchers!

With a mysterious opening, three orphans are introduced: intrepid Ravenna, beautiful Arabella, and scholarly Eleanor. In their search for answers to their past, a gypsy woman tells them the answer lies with a ring given by their mother - a ring that belongs to a prince. One of the three will wed a prince, and upon their wedding, the truth will be revealed. Thus begins
Jessica
Jun 23, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Absurd is the first word that comes to mind when trying to describe this book and after that comes disjointed, closely followed by gross. I have no tolerance for books that unnecessarily use the topic of child abuse particularly sexual in nature, or that of rape attempts as book page filler material. While I try to avoid spoiling the plot for anyone, trust me, you'll thank me for it. This was a sub-plot and was not well addressed or even necessary at all.

Setting aside that part, I am fairly cer
SidneyKay
Sep 09, 2013 rated it it was ok
Caz
Mar 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-other, arc, aar
I've given this a B+ at AAR, so that's 4.5 stars

I Married the Duke is the first in a trilogy subtitled “The Prince Catchers”, in which three sisters – Eleanor, Arabella and Ravenna – attempt to discover the truth about their family and find love along the way, and on the strength of this one, I’d say it promises to be a very enjoyable trio of stories.

This being the first book, it sets the scene and in the prologue, we meet the sisters as young girls who have gone to have their fortunes told at a
Nastassja
Jul 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of Katharine Ashe
Real rating 3.4

As I have read all three books in prince catchers series already and written reviews for the two of them, I wanted to add a few words about this one. I married the duke is the first book in the series and the second one read by me. I loved a rogue was my first read and still is the favorite one. This book is my less favorite but not because I didn't like it or MCs, no, I liked them alright, just I prefer less passion and more solid reasons to fall in love and in this one I some

Blodeuedd Finland
I only wish he had not kept thinking of her as a servant in his head, like thinking it a lot. I did want to, omg you all, wait for it, hit him over the head! You so did not see that coming ;) He was all, she was born to be a duchess. How could she have been born a servant?
Are you serious dude? You just complained about your evil guardian! Obviously not all noblemen are noble and not all commoners common.

When I am done with that.
Arabella was told that one of them would marry a prince. The silly g
Becca
Sep 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I am officially a Katharine Ashe fan girl. Her stories and writing are just so much fun! As a person who loves words, I can appreciate the luxuriousness of Ashe's writing. I compare reading one of her books to eating a piece of chocolate--and not just any piece of chocolate. No, I'm talking about the super decadent Ghirardelli sea salt and dark chocolate kind. I savor each page and don't speed read simply because I love how she uses words. Now, just like chocolate, there is one draw back. For ch ...more
Dana Al-Basha دانة الباشا
I haven't read an Avon book in ages but this had a recommendation from the Queen of Romance Lisa Kleypas, so I'm so excited!

Jacquelyn Simon
I enjoyed this book, I haven't read many adult romance novels but I thought this would be the perfect book for me to dip my toes in the water. I love reading about this era and I really fell in love with the characters (minus Luc's strange fetish about her hair lol). I did feel that the plot could've been more elaborate and I felt the second half tended to drag on. All in all, I enjoyed it and I love the fact that each book is based on a different sister. I'm tempted to pick up the sequel.
Christine (KizzieReads)
I enjoyed this. A little convoluted and unrealistic at the end, but overall a good story. I'm intrigued by the plotline of the ring and how it's going to unfold.
Annette
Sep 16, 2013 rated it liked it
This is a new to me author. I will look for the next book in this trilogy.

Arabella is the middle daughter. Eleanor is the eldest and Ravenna is the youngest. They were apparently orphaned in a ship wreck and ultimately end up with a minister who takes them in to live with him. He cares for them but does not offer what Arabella needs in her life.

Arabella is on a quest to find out who they are - who is their family?

She takes passage on a ship that is a cargo ship and becomes involved in the life o
Ria
Apr 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, historical
I was ready to love this - the prologue is great and sets up the series beautifully. Unfortunately, when our heroine meets her hero, I kept finding myself getting a little bit bored. The dialogue was intended to be cute and flirtatiously combative but there was just no flow. I recently reread Play by Kylie Scott and she is a master of dialogue that just leaps off the page and plays out a living scene before my eyes and the same cannot be said for this book.

Sad making. Let's hope I get to read a
herdys
Oct 26, 2015 rated it it was ok
Have been trying to read the book for a few days now and I just couldn't get into it. Too many secrets and misunderstandings. Plus I don't think I can buy the romance between them. When she suddenly realized she loved him, I decided to drop the book. They were in lust not in love! I will try the other two, especially Eleanor's, plus the short story. It wasn't an awful book, I guess I just couldn't connect with Luc and Arabella and their story..
Dina
Jul 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 1/2 stars
Heidi Hart
I really need to get better about writing reviews as soon as I finish a book, but I've been crazy busy lately. If I wait, I'm left with only vague impressions, no matter how many quotes I highlight or notes I make as I read.

I Married the Duke was my first book by Katherine Ashe, and I will read on in the series because I liked this fairly well even though I've been kind of "meh" on the whole historical romance subgenre lately. I also liked it despite the fact that the hero was actively misrepres
Ang
Jun 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Katharine Ashe is quickly becoming one of my go-to authors. She has captivated me again with this rich novel of a desperate, brave and guarded woman on a quest to seek answers who encounters a demanding piratical merchant ship captain/former navy captain/aristocrat. They are drawn to each other yet have deep seated secrets and go through twists and turns that not only involve outside forces but their own internal struggles.

One of my favorite quotes:
"He released her and she regained a trace of t
Janga
Aug 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
I Married the Duke is the first book in Ashe’s new Prince Catchers series, and the story of the mysterious ring and the identity of the three orphan sisters is tantalizing bait for series addicts. I knew as soon as I read the prologue that I was fairly caught and would not be satisfied until I turned the final page of the third book.

Arabella and Luc are each interesting characters in their own right, and their banter, their chemistry, and the healing they offer each other make them a couple gua
HTL
*yawn*

This could have been better.

BUT

It dragged
Dialogue was quip-y
Plot was confusing at times
Some actions seemed unbelievable

aaaaaaaaaaand mostly *yawn*

I wanted to read the series but now I'm doubting wanting to read the second (just so I can read the third).
Les Romantiques
Aug 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Posted on Les Romantiques - Le forum du site
Reviewed by Fabiola
Review Copy from the Publisher

It’s my second Katharine Ashe book. It’s also my second «coup de coeur». So I’m going to seriously look into her reading list.

I married the duke is the first volume of a new trilogy called The prince catchers. The series tells the story of three sisters, Eleanor, Arabella and Ravenna, adopted by a Reverend. They must execute a prophecy linked with a ring which was in their possession when they lost their
Stormi (BMReviewsohmy)
I Married the Duke is my first book by Katherine Ashe and though I did enjoy it there was times when it frustrated me a little.

Arabelle is wrapped up in a prophecy that a gypsy woman told her and her sisters when they were younger about one of them marrying a prince. That prince would know all about who their family was and they would finally know what happened to their mother. Arabelle is determined it is going to be her that marries the prince and has worked towards this goal by being a gover
Stephanie
I have not read anything from Ms. Ashe prior to this novel and this will not be the last. This is the first in a new series, The Prince Catchers, I will be watching for the next one to be published.

What I enjoyed about this book is the characters. Arabella is a strong female character, and despite her poverty upbringing, is not afraid to speak her mind. Luc has not had an easy life. Never expecting to inherit the dukedom, he is reluctant to fall into line but he knows he must marry and they must
Julie LeMense
Aug 12, 2015 rated it it was ok
I respect anyone who takes the time to put pen to paper (or fingertips to keyboard), and I've enjoyed other Katherine Ashe books, but this one just left me befuddled. It feels as if the scenes were written out of sequence, and also as if some of the chapters merely served as outlines that were never filled in. For example, Luc and Arabella have an interlude on the beach, long and drawn out, and then in the next chapter, out of nowhere, Luc is stabbed, and a priest just happens to be nearby, and ...more
Lucy Qhuay

I'm sorry, but I just couldn't read this book until the end.

There's nothing special about the writing, I didn't like how quickly things happened between Arabella and Lucien and it was all plain boring.

I will only read another book in this trilogy if Talin is the hero. He really captured my attention and, even though I don't know him very well, I want him to be happy.

Let's wait and see.
Miranda
I really enjoyed this book. I know not a lot of readers gave it many stars but I wasn't one of them. I could hardly put it down once I began reading it. I LOVED the hero in this one. The heroine is strong willed and I loved the banter between her and the hero. Cannot wait until the next book!
Alexandra Ellopz
Reseña: ''Me casé con el Duque'' de Katharine Ashe (Review: ''I married the duke'' by Katharine Ashe)... PDF

Gisele
Nov 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful! One of the best dialogues between H and h I have ever read.
Highly Recommended!
Helena
Feb 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved Arabella Caulfield! This story is so well written, it captures your attention from beginning to end!
Jewels ♥ My Devastating Reads
Delicious and rich with emotion. Read my full review http://devastatingreads.blogspot.ca/2...
Wench
*throws up hands in what the fuck*
WHAT THE FUCK
WHAT THE ENTIRE FUCK

This started off okay, even if I didn't buy the romance. And then it went completely, enthusiastically, off the goddamn rails.

There is so much implausible, improbable, and frankly impossible in this book that I cannot even. What even the fuck was that succession? Why did it seem like incest was gonna be a thing? What even was the trip to Richmond? Why are they fully incapable of talking to each other? WHAT EVEN WAS ANYTHING IN TH
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
What's the Name o...: SOLVED.Historical romance: 3 books in the series. [s] 5 37 Oct 21, 2017 02:59PM
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 4 Feb 26, 2015 05:22AM

• Say Yes to the Duke (House of Brady, #3)
  • The Scandal Before Christmas (The Reckless Brides, #3.5)
  • It Happened Under the Mistletoe (Secret Brides, #3.5)
  • Bound by Wish and Mistletoe (Highland Legends #1.5)
  • Brody (Circle Eight, #2)
  • How to Entice an Enchantress (The Duchess Diaries, #3)
  • In Love with a Wicked Man (MacLachlan Family & Friends, #9)
  • Geek Girls Don't Date Dukes (Geek Girls, #2)
  • Fire of the Dragon (Bestiary, #1)
  • If You Give a Rake a Ruby (Jewels of the Ton, #2)
  • The Devil of Clan Sinclair (Clan Sinclair, #1)
  • The Bride Says No (The Brides of Wishmore, #1)
  • The Rogue's Proposal (House of Trent, #2)
  • The Highlander's Sin (Stolen Bride, #6)
  • How to Lose a Bride in One Night (Forgotten Princesses, #3)
  • The Border Laird's Bride (Borderland Brides #2)
  • Christmas Brides
  • Reclaimed: A Highland Historical Trilogy (Highland Historical, #4-6) (The MacKays, #1-3)
Katharine Ashe is the USA Today bestselling author of historical romances reviewers call “intensely lush” and “sensationally intelligent,” including two Amazon's Best Romances of the Year. A professor of history and popular culture, she writes fiction because she adores the grand adventures and breathtaking sensuality of historical romance. For more information, please visit her at http://www.kath ...more

The Prince Catchers (3 books)
  • I Adored a Lord (The Prince Catchers, #2)
  • I Loved a Rogue (The Prince Catchers, #3)
“A beautiful woman needs no embellishments. But a prideful man may give them to her nevertheless.” 2 likes
“I am not in the habit of deflowering governesses." "I am not in the habit of being deflowered by pirates. Shall we consider it a draw?"

-Luc & Arabella”