Start by marking “The Diagrams Book: 50 Ways to Solve Any Problem Visually” as Want to Read:
The Diagrams Book: 50 Ways to Solve Any Problem Visually

The Diagrams Book: 50 Ways to Solve Any Problem Visually

Published March 10th 2014 by LID Publishing Inc (first published March 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Diagrams Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Diagrams Book

Start your review of The Diagrams Book: 50 Ways to Solve Any Problem Visually
Andrea James
Nov 07, 2014 rated it did not like it
This book "gives you the fish" rather than teaching you to fish.

The title says "50 ways to solve ANY problem visually" and while I'm not stringently holding them to the "any", I do think the title implies that the book will show you how to work through example problems using diagrams. And then with an understanding of how to see problems from different visual perspectives using different visual tools, one can attempt to adapt and apply that base understanding to other problems.

I already use
Bodhidasa
Aug 20, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: reference
This was an impulse buy in a WH Smiths at Cardiff train station. I am drawn to the visual representations of issues as a means of solving problems for use in my classes. The book is simply written, well designed (and marketed) and filled with a variety of intriguing strategies that have to be tried in order to certify their value because no evidence is provided by the author to suggest that any of them actually work. Disappointing and shabby. Plus, it is primarily written to sharpen your ...more
pattrice
Feb 13, 2015 rated it did not like it
Deeply disappointing, due to the deeply misleading subtitle. This is a business book filled mostly with trite (and sometimes inapt) diagrams for things like sales and assessing your own happiness with your job. While the preface claims that this book could be an aid to visual thinking, only a handful of the diagrams might be used to spark innovative thinking in any realm other than business.
Guillaume
Jun 30, 2013 rated it did not like it
Wrong title, should have been named "50 tips for marketing people, nearly related to diagrams". For example, the so-called F "triangle" is just a way of making a phrase to overcome sale objections "I understand you feel X, I felt it too, but then I found that Y". This book is not what I was looking for, even if I use various diagrams daily to express ideas and solve problems.
Larissa Duliar
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Laaaffff it! I’m a visual person tho not so great in doodling. However this book have gathered up most of the necessary doodles on how to explain, even simplify, one’s problem, either it’s for work/business, or for personal matters, or even just trying to describe simple behavior.
Great book for people who needs to present an issue to a broader audience. Or people like me, who sometimes overthinks matter and needs to simplify what the brain wanted to talk about.
My Picks would be:
- The Cone of
Tat Berezhnaia
Aug 04, 2019 rated it did not like it
As for me - the most useless purchase. MS Excel F1 pretends to give more information. Just a sipmle catalogue of existing diagrams, some of them are interchangeable.
Though, it's a perfect one for those, who pay more attention to quantitative measure at the planning management:
+1 book to list in 45 minutes
Mireille Raad
There are only a couple of new ideas for diagrams at the end of the book. Most concepts are super popular and not new. I would not buy it, but would skim through it if it was on a table in a coffee shop . I read the book through my safari books online subscription from O’Reilly media
VJ
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
The book needs improvement. It’s written like a study guide.
Angharad Dalton
Feb 11, 2018 rated it liked it
‘Lite’ and some well-known stuff covered, but useful nonetheless to get a quick intro to a couple of extra clever tricks.
Em Heppler
Jan 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: thinking
Useful. Easy read. Should revisit.
Jude Brigley
Dec 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Just, good.
Skyring
Apr 16, 2013 marked it as to-read
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Mike
Jan 17, 2017
Mark Cook
Mar 19, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Bullet Journal Method: Track the Past, Order the Present, Design the Future
  • Time Was
  • Deadpool, Volume 1: Secret Invasion
  • The History of the Future: Oculus, Facebook, and the Revolution That Swept Virtual Reality
  • The Reading Life: The Joy of Seeing New Worlds Through Others' Eyes
  • Waste Tide
  • Talking to Robots: Tales from Our Human-Robot Futures
  • The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms (Inheritance, #1)
  • The Coffee Bean: A Simple Lesson to Create Positive Change
  • Broken Places & Outer Spaces: Finding Creativity in the Unexpected
  • Nightingale
  • The Martini Cocktail: A Meditation on the World's Greatest Drink, with Recipes
  • Semicolon: The Past, Present, and Future of a Misunderstood Mark
  • Fever Year: The Killer Flu of 1918
  • An Unkindness of Magicians
  • The Art of Mindful Reading: Embracing the Wisdom of Words
  • Radicalized
  • Broken Angels (Takeshi Kovacs, #2)