Start by marking “Sidney, Stella and the Moon” as Want to Read:
Sidney, Stella and the Moon

Sidney, Stella and the Moon

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  103 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Twins Sidney and Stella love doing everything together - everything except sharing. When an quarrel over a bouncy ball creates a moon-sized problem, the twins must face their biggest ever challenge - working together to find a new moon!
Published March 1st 2013 by Templar Books

To ask other readers questions about Sidney, Stella and the Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sidney, Stella and the Moon

Crystal Bandel
Sidney, Stella and the Moon by Emma Yarlett, published 2013.

Magic realism.

Picture book.

Pre-K to grade 1.

Found via Kirkus Reviews, reviewer not identified.

Sidney and Stella are rambunctious twins who, while fighting over a bouncy ball, knock the moon out of the sky. In the resulting chaos, the twins try to find an alternative for the moon, eventually sending a cheese round to take the moon's place. Though this book has a cute narrative and beautiful illustrations, the text drags, using too many f
Amanda
The end* is still bugging me.... What is going to happen? I do not like cliff-hangers. All-righty then, the illustrations cracked me up--hello! angry uni-brow!--and the ridiculous solution was terrific. All around winner for me (except for the end*...that is still bugging me...will the broken pieces of the moon miraculously come back together in the trash can? WHAT will happen?)
Margaux
I literally thought this was an Oliver Jeffers book. I don't understand... the typeface and everything is the same. The only difference is that the characters have googly eyes.

Sidney and Stella are twins that do everything together. But they never share. After yet another argument over a bouncy ball, the two make a ghastly mistake: their ball bounces high above the houses of their town and takes down the moon. The two eventually work together in order to save the earth from a total meltdown.

Th
Rachel
I picked this one up in the New Book section of the Children’s Room. It looked interesting and it was about the moon, which my son loves reading about, so I gave it a try. I must have British book radar, because I always seem to gravitate towards British writers, even if I have no idea where they are from are to begin with. I really liked the artwork, which was a blend of digital art and collage. The story was kind of boring though.

Sidney and Stella are twins who do everything together. One day
Selena
Cute book. It covers the age old battles of sibling rivalry and sharing and the problems they can lead to. Of course they work together in the end to solve their problem as a team. I think my favorite part of it is the catapult. Would be fun to use this book in a lesson plan and have the class make their own catapults.
picturethisbook.com
Sidney and Stella are a pair of twins who do everything together except share, and one night, while fighting over a ball, they — gasp — accidentally break the moon into a million pieces. By working together, however, the twins eventually manage to put the (well, a) moon back into the sky (never mind that it now has a suspicious bite mark).

This is possibly one of the most perfect picture books we've read to date with the dream combination of stunning, creative and adorable illustrations, just the
Steven Matview
The art style, layout and font are basically a straight homage to Oliver Jeffers, whose work I love! The story didn't quite live up to Jeffers' best, though.
Keris
[Contains slight spoiler!] Joe, aged 5: I love it because it's funny. My favourite part was when Sidney ate the cheese/moon and because they won't share.
Jen
this books ends so abruptly. :( really interesting pictures. font is wonderful and purposeful and conveys a lot of the story. the font changes and the style of font, and that it is nonlinear, would make it hard for a beginning reader. cute enough. hopeful for more from this author/illustrator.
Mary
This is a great book for ECE and early elementary level readers because of the simplicity of the text but the more in-depth growth of the characters during the story. Sidney and Stella do not share at the beginning of the story, but they find that when they do, great things happen. The pictures are fabulously entertaining and the story is very cute.
Leslie
Fabulous illustrations reminiscent of Oliver Jeffers, and a fun story.
Danielle
Illos in the vein of Oliver Jeffers. Fun, quirky, enjoyable resolution.
Amy
Sidney & Stella do everything together...except share. This results in a catastrophe that gets them into BIG trouble unless they can figure out a way to rectify the situation. I love the illustrations as well as the story's message that is not preachy but just plain fun.
Dom Conlon
The illustrations take centre stage here, and Yartlett shows she has a bright future in big, fun illustrating. The story manages to keep up too though, with plenty of character and interplay between the twins. A lovely, bold book.
Brianna
Sidney and Stella have trouble with sharing, which results in a broken moon. They have to learn how to share and work together to fix everything. A fantastic book for teaching your children how to share. My three year old is amazed everytime he sees the moon in the night sky and when I read this book to him he just had a blast. The illustrations are adorable and fun, very attractive to young eyes.
Jeimy
Funny story about learning to share.
Brenda Kahn
Sidney and Stella do everything together except share and when the ball they were arguing over accidentally breaks the moon, they know they need to make things right. Zany, energetic, humorous illustrations shine here, but the storyline was a bit thin.
Great Books
Sidney and Stella are best friends.They do everything together....except share. While playing with a bouncy ball,
they break the moon and EVERYONE notices. What can they do?
Delightfully silly illustrations.
Reviewer 27
Robin
With art reminiscent of Oliver Jeffers, Yarlett tells the story of two siblings and the trouble they get into with the moon. Love the crowd scene!
Edward Sullivan
Sidney and Stella do everything together except share but they have to work as a team when something goes terribly wrong during one of their arguments.
Grg
I love the art but I don't like it when the moon is treated poorly. The moon is our friend!
Henry Herz
Clever concept with humor and a theme of collaboration. Fun artwork.
Don Gubler
Just okay.
Angie  Moore
Angie Moore marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
Niki (Daydream Reader)
Niki (Daydream Reader) marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
Lindsay
Lindsay marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
Brenna
Brenna marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Emma Yarlett graduated with honors in illustration from University College Falmouth in 2011. Her other work includes a nonfiction book by Julia Donaldson and animation for the Waterstones Children’s Book Award.
More about Emma Yarlett...
Orion and the Dark Bear's Big Bottom My Daddy's Going Away Mummy's Home Mummy's Home!