Start by marking “Resin Alchemy: Innovative Techniques for Mixed-Media and Jewelry Artists” as Want to Read:
Resin Alchemy: Innovative Techniques for Mixed-Media and Jewelry Artists

Resin Alchemy: Innovative Techniques for Mixed-Media and Jewelry Artists

Discover one of the hottest trends in mixed media--resin! Join mixed-media and jewelry artist Susan Lenart Kazmer as she opens new frontiers in her application of resin techniques.

Resin Alchemy offers detailed step-by-step technique tutorials on using resin, from the basics of mixing and pouring to using bezels and key metalworking techniques that expand design options. Sh
Published August 14th 2013 by Interweave Press (first published July 17th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Resin Alchemy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Resin Alchemy

Jean
Oct 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Resin Alchemy, by Susan Lenart Kazmer, remains one of the best books on resin offered. Easy to understand and fascinating to read, it regales you with beauty at every turn. The author was my major inspiration when I was first learning my way around resin. Time has passed since then, however resin remains a hugely popular medium for all sorts of mixed media and jewelry design. If you want your work to last and look great years from now, learn how to mix and use resin from one of the greats, Susan
Ligaya
Nov 06, 2017 rated it liked it
I would have given this book more stars had it shown a greater range of styles for the use of resin in mixed-media. If you are not a fan of the steam-punkesque, relic-filled type jewelry that the author favors, this book will bug you to NO END! That said, there is a ton of great information about how to use resin in various ways. Apparently, the author used to own the company that developed ICE Resin and her background is as a fine artist jewelry-maker. I really got tired of all the mysterious t ...more
Kerrie
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Some really great techniques for using resin that are 'thinking outside the box'. The author shows some of her work & steps to recreate, but is very encouraging to add your own personality and style to the work to make it yours.
Cheryl
Nov 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Really neat different ideas on how to use resin. Even though I probably wouldn't make the projects because they are not my style, the techniques could be used in many ways to create your own projects.
The Librarian
Oct 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction, crafts
Personally, I need a more entry level book as this was too advanced for me. Great photographs and step by step instructions, however. I'll revisit it in the future.
James
Jul 08, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: art, non-fiction, diy
It didn't have much on casting into forms and was more useful to people replicating the examples. Interesting read since it had pretty pictures and some bizarre jewelry examples.
Esmeralda Rupp-Spangle
Apr 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: art-and-design
Full of inspirations and ideas, gorgeous pics, exactly what I was hoping for
Andrea