Start by marking “The Little Bear and the Big Bear: A story designed to help teach children how to deal with frustration, anxiety and anger.” as Want to Read:

Mom's Choice Award "The Little Bear And The Big Bear" is a beautiful story about a happy little bear who meets a big grumpy bear. As they become friends, the little bear teaches the big bear how to deal with what the big bear sees as blocks. This book comes with a unique exercise designed to help parents support their child in recognizing and dealing with frustration which ...more
Published November 30th 2012 by Monica Dumont

To ask other readers questions about The Little Bear and the Big Bear, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Little Bear and the Big Bear

TheReader
Jun 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The Little Bear and the Big Bear by Monica Dumont
Great book. Perfect for 4 to 6 year olds. It teaches them how to cope with frustration. I personally thought that the teachings were really good so I gave it to my 12 year old niece who also found the techniques very useful.
France Belzile
Jun 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A great story to teach children on how to deal with frustration. I would say the adults could learn from this teachings as well. LOL
Alexander Mccafee
Jun 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s
I loved this book. It sure shows how we can get in a negative state of mind, but it also shows what we can do not to even get there.
Lindsey Silvestrini
Feb 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My four year old daughter Paige is a little hothead. Her response to things is what you would expect from a two year old throwing a temper tantrum, not a four year old. But we have learned that Paige just has a bad temper and we have to work with her to deal with it in ways we can all live with.

Paige happens to be my book lover so whenever I see books like The Little Bear and the Big Bear, I know they are the perfect tool to use to help Paige deal with things that she struggles with.

In addition
Monica Dumont
Jun 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: children-s-books
The Little Bear and The Big Bear is a picture book meant for young children and although the story is a little bit more evolved then "Alex and the Rabbit", it is still short and simple for them to follow and acquire the insights the book has been created for.
This book demonstrates different skills children can use when dealing with any difficult emotion such as anxiety, pessimism and being overwhelmed.

The exercise at the end of the story is meant as a fun guide to help support caregivers and
Chan
Sep 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I like this book because I find that it has good techniques that can help children at dealing with overwhelming or stressful situations.
Elisa Bar
Tammie
Dec 25, 2018
Alison G.
Feb 10, 2019
Celebrated for her children's personal development series, Monica Dumont is a Guatemalan-born Canadian award winning author and spiritual teacher whose work is credited with being inspirational and touching.
She draws upon her childhood memories and the lives of the children around her to create stories that speak deeply to her young audience.
Her expertise is in the field of personal growth.

Accl