Start by marking “Lola Goes to Work: A Nine-to-Five Therapy Dog” as Want to Read:
Lola Goes to Work: A Nine-to-Five Therapy Dog

Lola Goes to Work: A Nine-to-Five Therapy Dog

Meet Lola, a little terrier with a big job. Children will identify with the feisty Lola as she struggles going to school, passing tests, and finally achieving her Big Dog dream. If Lola can make it in a world of Great Danes and Labradors, so can anybody who's feeling like a runt. Teacher guide for empathy curriculum in back of book, additional material on Creston and ...more
Published August 27th 2013 by Creston Books

To ask other readers questions about Lola Goes to Work, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lola Goes to Work

Start your review of Lola Goes to Work: A Nine-to-Five Therapy Dog
↜ƈɦǟռ☂ɛℓℓɛ↝
Lola Goes to Work: A Nine-to-Five Therapy Dog by Marcia Goldman

I won this ARC in a LibraryThing Member's Giveaway in exchange for an honest review.

This is a cute story told by Lola a therapy dog. This is a cute story of the struggles of a small dog wanting to be a service dog. Therapy dogs are normally larger, like lab size.

I thought this would be great for my daughter and it was. She loved it. We just got a therapy dog. But ours is a personal therapy dog, where Lola was a therapy dog to many.
Miranda
5 stars for Lola!

I don't usually review Children's Books but I've decided that I really need to start downloading more for my kids.

This is an absolutely adorable book. My kids LOVED this one!

Lola is a Yorkshire Terrier that trains to be a therapy dog. It's her big dream and it comes true. The pictures in this book are SO stinkin' cute. I swear, Lola looks as though she is smiling in every picture.

Bravo, Ms. Goldman! This book is a hit at our house. Such a sweet story about a little dog that
Kris Patrick
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was given a beanie Lola at #ILA19 so I thought I should check out her book. Cute!!!!!!
Barbara
Apr 29, 2013 rated it liked it
Yorkshire terrier Lola doesn't spend her days lolling around the house waiting for her human companions to come home. No, instead, she is a therapy dog who visits those who need to spend time with a friendly dog. In order to become a therapy dog, she had to undergo training and pass a test. The text and photographs make it clear that this dog may be tiny, but she has plenty of heart. Not only is this simple story touching, but it's downright inspiring. I had no idea that little dogs could do so ...more
Christine
May 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
What a touching story about a little dog that some thought was too small to be a therapy dog.. I loved the photographs that chronicled Lola's journey to becoming a certified therapy dog.
Kim
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
A good introduction for the littles to explain what a therapy dog does. It has examples of going to school.
Erica
Lola is a little yorkie with a big heart. She had big dreams when she grew up, she wanted to become a therapy dog. Most therapy dogs are bigger dogs, but Lola was determined she could be a good therapy dog. She went to school, learned all of the things that make for good therapy dogs and with her hard work, she passed the test.

In her little red scarf, Lola goes off to work to cheer up the sick, visit children in schools and even listen to a few books.

The bright cheery photos of Lola will melt
Tracey
Jun 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Lola Goes to Work : A Nine-to-Five Therapy Dog tells the story of Lola, a Yorkshire terrier, as she trains to become a therapy dog. After her graduation from training, she travels with her owner to nursing homes and hospitals to comfort people. She also visits classrooms to explain how she learned her skills and what she does when she visits people.

(Entire posting at http://mackinbooksinbloom.com/2014/06...)
Julie Barrett
Apr 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Lola Goes To Work by Marsha Goldman
This audio book is about Lola, a therapy dog who has to go to school so she can learn how to take care of others.
Obey rules, even though she was very small but she wanted to be a special dog.
Talks of who she is able to visit while she is working, comforting them.
Explanation of what therapy dogs do is included.
Kristin Fletcher-spear
Emma loved this one. Lola is an adorable Yorkie so of course Emma loved it. What I liked is the basic information about a therapy dog with some decent photos (though in all honesty some aren't great especially the training ones). As a librarian with a therapy dog reading program, there were some good images with the dogs and books, and a page that has a good quote for reading with dogs. Finally, how can you not love a book that fake quotes Lassie and Spot the dog on the back cover?
Bekka
Jun 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Thanks to Netgalley.com and Creston Books for early access to this title.

3 1/2 stars - Cute little book! This story documents Lola the Yorkshire Terrier's attempt to become a therapy dog. The photos are nice, and show how much work is involved in passing the therapy dog tests. Lola couldn't be cuter! Its a nice story which will help children see that they can become anything they want, even if its difficult and they are small.
Carol
Dec 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Lola is a little dog that dreams of a big job. She works hard to become a therapy dog and she succeeds! She now happily visits people of all ages in a variety of situations. This is a cute little biography with wonderful photos of the real-live Lola. Told from her perspective with basic vocabulary it is a great choice for beginning readers and dog fans alike.
Beth
May 08, 2013 rated it it was ok
Given that this book is about an adorable Yorkshire Terrier who is a therapy dog, it should have been a slam dunk in the cute/heartwarming department. Instead, the text was reminiscent of a voiceless Dick and Jane basal reader.
Bethany Harnden
Feb 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children, non-fiction
Guided by cuddly little Lola the Yorkie, young children learn about the training and activities associated with work as a therapy dog. Simple text and photographs from Lola's life illustrate the profound impact a little animal can have on people.
Heila
Nov 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
This was very cute and well done. Lola is a five pound little dog who helps people professionally and loves her job. She listens to them read books aloud, comforts them when they are ill and such. She had to work very hard in training to prepare for her job.
Mary
Apr 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
An easy reader introduction to the work of therapy dogs. Told in first person, Lola, a Yorkshire terrier, describes her training and therapy work. Engaging photographs and simple text make this an ideal nonfiction picture book for preschool students.
Leslie
May 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-readers
Lola is a working therapy dog and this is the story of her day told in adorable photographs. Simple text will make this a hit for new readers and back matter includes more information on therapy dogs and a teacher page with activity ideas. My students will love this.
Becca
Oct 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Slight information, delightful photos.
Debra
Jun 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Very, cute and educational book!
Michele
Jun 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: juvenile
This was a wonderful book about a dog who was told she was too little to be a therapy dog but worked hard enough to prove everyone wrong. Adorable dog, great lesson!
Mr. George
Aug 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A lovely telling of a day in the life of a wee therapy dog....it is adorable and informative.
Donna
Mar 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Oh my! Lola is too cute. Dogs really do rule!
Amy
Jan 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Cute book! Would love to display this at our reading to dogs program!
Lynn
May 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Adorable pictures with a good explanation of what a therapy dog does for a really young child.
Natalia Pernick

• What Happens in Paradise
  • The Lager Queen of Minnesota
  • Click
  • Patron Saints of Nothing
  • Innovate Inside the Box: Empowering Learners Through UDL and the Innovator's Mindset
  • Bowwow Powwow
  • When We Were Alone
  • No Ego: How Leaders Can Cut the Cost of Workplace Drama, End Entitlement, and Drive Big Results
  • Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1)
  • Half-Truths and Semi-Miracles
  • Nine Elms (Kate Marshall, #1)
Marcia Goldman has her Masters Degree in Special Education and has spent the last 25 years focusing on providing therapeutic-based programs for children with autism and their families.