Start by marking “Epilogue (The Dark Duet, #3)” as Want to Read:
Epilogue (The Dark Duet, #3)

Epilogue

(The Dark Duet #3)

4.28  ·  Rating details ·  27,259 ratings  ·  2,522 reviews
I'm writing this because you begged. You know how I love the begging. In fact, you probably know too many things and know them far too well. Who am I? Well, that's what I'm trying to figure out. I was a whore in my youth, a killer since my adolescence, and a monster as a man. I am the man who kidnapped Livvie. I am the man who held her in a dark room for weeks. But, most i ...more
Published June 11th 2013 by Neurotica Books, LLC (first published May 18th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Epilogue, please sign up.
Sandy This book is Caleb's POV about what happen after they meet in Barcelona. The story is about their life together in Barcelona with some flashbacks. It…moreThis book is Caleb's POV about what happen after they meet in Barcelona. The story is about their life together in Barcelona with some flashbacks. It is completely different from the first 2 books.(less)
Captive in the Dark by C.J. RobertsSeduced in the Dark by C.J. RobertsComfort Food by Kitty ThomasMercy by Lucian BaneConsequences by Aleatha Romig
The Darker Side
1,110 books — 3,506 voters
Captive in the Dark by C.J. RobertsSeduced in the Dark by C.J. RobertsTears of Tess by Pepper WintersConsequences by Aleatha RomigEpilogue by C.J. Roberts
Best Dark Books Ever
961 books — 1,437 voters

More lists with this book...

·  27,259 ratings  ·  2,522 reviews

C.J. Roberts
Feb 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: series, indie
6/18/13: Alternate ending for Epilogue: The Dark Duet
Watch video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy0z5J...

Read the alternate ending: (view spoiler)
Aestas Book Blog

****** VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE ******

For those of you who pre-ordered and are getting your copies downloaded now, the WRONG VERSION of the book was sent out!!!

If your version does not have 15 Chapters + an epilogue, PLEASE DO NOT READ IT and a corrected version will be out soon!!

***************************

WOW!!! ( FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED )

A few months ago, very late one night, C.J. Roberts released the beginning of an epilogue to THE DARK DUET and I utterly blown away by how amazing it was. N
Debra

"Livvie, I'll forgive you whatever the hell you want. You don't need my forgiveness; you never have to ask for it. It's yours, Livvie. Anything that's mine to give is already yours."

PERFECT EPILOGUE TO AN ALREADY PERFECT SERIES.

The Dark Duet series is one of the most messed up, dark, twisted, excrutiating, emotional series I've ever read. It's also one of the BEST series I've ever read. So, when I heard there was going to be an epilogue, I knew it was going to be EPIC. And well, that's exac
Christy
5 Stars!

photo 9e3cbd6e-54a9-46fb-8101-e9e49f49b443_zps185f8f60.jpg
I’m writing this because you begged. You know how I love the begging.

It’s been a year. A year since everything changed. A year to find Livvie. A year to find himself.

photo 0abf65ba-3925-44ba-bfe5-fc8ea77033d7_zps5c99125c.jpg
“I missed you every day, Kitten. Every. Fucking. Day.”

This is an extended epilogue of the Dark Duet, told completley from Caleb’s pov. Yes- you heard that right! A whole book from Caleb. Caleb is the best narrator. It feels like he is sitting right by you, telling you his story. I loved every word of this!

It takes
Alexis *Reality Bites*
QUICK REVIEW/Minor Spoilers -mature content reader discretion is advised.
4.5 STARS out of 5
Genre: Adult Romance -Erotica(Do not read if you have not read books#1 and #2 in this series)

photo happy1.gif

photo tumblr_inline_mm5isksl0N1rbnfwj_zps53af28d2.gif

Quick read but a goodread! The captor of our hearts Caleb, takes us on a journey of how he and Livvie learn to move forward after going through hell and back. Caleb finds himself asking "Who am I" at the age of 27, an age when most have figured such a thing out. Yet in a sense he is just beginning.

If you have read
Rosalinda *KRASNORADA*
Feb 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Rosalinda *KRASNORADA* by: Soraya Naomi

Love does not always begin or end the way we wish it would.
A love story can happen to anyone. This one happened to me

I can’t even remember the number of times I’ve said The Dark Duet is one of my all time fave series and I’ll keep recommending this series to everyone but in all fairness, this book was not as good as Seduced in the Dark. Then I have to give credit to C.J. because she had a difficult job to do.

***PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS REVIEW IF YOU HAVEN’T READ THIS SERIES***

I’ve read all th
Jamie
Feb 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
♥♥♥ FANFUCKINGTASTIC!!!♥♥♥

One of my all time favorite series comes to a close and it could not have gone out better than this. Epilogue lived up to every one of my expectations.

Epilogue starts off with Caleb deciding to give us his side of the story.. what happened after we left off in The Dark Duet.

I’m writing this because you begged. You know how I love the begging. In fact, you probably know too many things and know them far too well.

Caleb tells us his story of his journey to win Livvie
La-Lionne
Added June 28th

Did I jus imagined that I read C. J. Roberts saying on FB that this hunk of a man is cast in TDD TV series?

------------------------------------------------------
5 extraordinary stars!

Thank you for the ride C. J. Roberts, I enjoyed every single word of it.
I can't believe the journey ends here :-(.

It was one helluva unforgettable ride. I think at this point analyses of the book is unnecessary. Those who've read C.J Roberts previous books know that she is brilliant at what she doe
Aleatha Romig
First let me say... I LOVED the Dark Duet! I found this series because it was often compared to mine. As C.J. has stated - a VERY unfair comparison. The Dark Duet and Epilogue are erotic, mine are not. But - we do have a kind of "mind-fuck" in common. Now, with that said... I LOVED the angst produced in the Dark Duet! I couldn't sleep, I HAD to know what would happen next.

Epilogue is just what it promised to be - Caleb's POV AFTER (thus the title) the end of Seduced in the Dark. I knew the endin
Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister
*3 So-So Stars*

This story is written entirely from Caleb's emotional perspective. As the title suggests, this is not a re-telling of the first two stories, but a conclusion that offers sporadic flashbacks into Caleb's dark past. While I didn't necessarily dislike this addition, I found it extremely inconsistent with the overall tone of the story.

Epilogue opens with Caleb inviting us into his world—generously letting us step into his twisted and tortured mind. He speaks directly to the reader i
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
2 DAYSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! :D :D :D :D
~~
I am not a masochistic. Not going to read this!
But you guys can.. Here is - Chapter, 2
______
I knew what she looked like when her pussy was wet. -Chapter, 1

Lets do the happy dance, cause we get MORE of Caleb and Livvie! *woot woot*

SO EFFING EXCITED!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

description
I love you C.J. Roberts!!

OH MY.... OH MY.... no words COVER!
Bibi
Oct 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotica
Awwww. Sniff.sniff.... I loved hearing Caleb's voice and his POV was so heartbreaking. Dear lawd, my heart broke for this man, who had to have had the worst childhood ever. My poor heart...sniff.

I loved him and Livvie together, both navigating the tenuous link that binds them even though their journey started from a dark and evil path. I loved how he found her and how Livvie forgave him and accepted him back. It was so sweet..sniff...sniff, and Caleb was so funny. This was a perfect conclusion
Sammy Loves Books
“If you're sighing with contentment, you're either one sick fuck or you don't grasp the seriousness of the situation. While I no longer kill, I am a killer. A killer in love is a very dangerous thing.”

caleb

Epilogue is told from Caleb's point of view, which was a total treat. I loved knowing what was going on inside his head. Caleb has been looking for Sophie and it has taken a lot of work to find her. She didn't make it easy. She was once his captive, but he made the mistake of falling in love wit
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
ETA: Alternate ending posted by C.J. Roberts on 6/18/13...I've put it under the spoiler incase you don't want to see it! (view spoiler) ...more
Stacia (the 2010 club)
Feb 09, 2013 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Only the most die-hard Dark Duet fans
The sex was...Hot. Hot. Hot.

Post-trauma Livvie and Caleb as a couple outside of the bedroom, however...

There's something about seeing the "after" that tends to mess with the entire experience. Sometimes I'd rather be left on my own to imagine what happens next. Watching people in a domesticated setting kills some of the mystery. Example : Any Fever series fans remember the travesty that was Barrons (view spoiler)?

But I was curious enough to read this and it was still hot
xrysa
 photo 415b23a6-270a-427f-ac11-cff2ef10a7a6_zps9856ffcc.jpg
Do not read this review if you haven’t read the previous books :)

It's really sad when a story ends. This journey had its ups and downs but I never thought that it would end in this way .I'm really glad I read these books because characters as Livvie should be mimicked. What I mean is that even though she was manipulated so badly she managed to stay strong on her feet again. It was difficult to forget him , to erase her past but what about Caleb? This book has all the answers about these two
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
**For those interested, this is on price drop at Amazon US for $0.99, 2/13/14 :)**

I am SO disappointed with this book. "Epilogue" was something I never thought could be possible with this series...

BORING.

description

Honestly, if I wanted some BDSM light with no plot I would read Fifty Shades of Grey. When I open a book by C.J. Roberts, I expect dark twisted romance, kinky sex, and angst to the highest degree. I don't want to read pages and pages of dull dinner parties and playing Guitar Hero (or Rock Band
Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*
Mar 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

5 million stars!!!

This book is nothing but amazing and anyone who is reading this review
has obviously read Captive in the Dark and Seduced in the Dark

I’m writing this because you begged. You know how I love the begging”

I- One of the millions of females who fell madly in love with Caleb was
ecstatic when I heard there was an Epilogue from Caleb's POV.

Yes Caleb..

What I was expecting was a summary of what happened from Caleb's mind.
C.J Roberts gave me that and much much more. If it was possible to
.Lili.
Shelves: 6-star-books
 photo 6ea16272-69c2-4a83-9814-ef40de8bdda0_zps43a4565b.jpg

The only word that can describe this book: Perfection.
 photo clapping_audience_zpse168528e.gif

In Epilogue, we continue Caleb's and Livvie's story. This time though it is told completely from Caleb's POV. I didn't think it was possible to love Caleb any more than I did already but I do. To read his struggle to overcome the past and to try to make sense of who he is today-is he Caleb or James? I loved reading their process of self growth and forgiveness.

This story is witty, sexy <---BOY IS IT SEXY..Hmm...(view spoiler)
Shannon The Show Stopper
I was never able to be fully drawn into this book like I was the first two. As much as I wanted Caleb and Livvie to move past their experience and integrate into society, I'm not sure I actually wanted to watch it happen. I loved Seduce in the Dark so much and I think it was truly the masterpiece of the series. So of course since I loved the characters so much, I wanted more. Now that I got what I thought I wanted, I'm not so sure.

Here's an example of why this book was just 'off' for me.

Caleb

My
Annie Brewer
***TEASER***

“I know you deserve to be happy. I know you deserve someone… better, but I’m selfish. I want you. I want you bad enough to try and be someone better.” -Caleb

Holy shit! I LOVE CALEB!!! I FUCKING LOVE HIM!!!!!!!!! OMG, I can't wait for this book! Can't freakin wait!!!! SQUEEEEEEEEEE!

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD.....I'M SCREAMING!!!!!!! MORE CALEB???? MORE FUCKING CALEB??? OH YES, YES YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

photo fuckyes_zps77607f0c.gif
Mariℓina
Mar 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
10.0000000 Stars Masterpiece..

Yes after all the waiting and the drama with the draft(I'm not complaining it gave me time to re-read the first two books)i finally finished it..
WOW!

I love James(good) and Caleb(evil) with the same amount..
I actually found Caleb yes the one we all know being so sweet..

Don't judge me just yet! I'm crazy Anna(mama bear) and Rosa already pointed out that when i told them he is a cutie-pie..
I know you 'll never thought of him like that but please consider this: A supe
Eda**
May 26, 2014 rated it liked it

** 3 "#CalebIsWayBetterThanJames" STARS **

"Tell me to stop and I will. Tell me you don't want me to pull your tights down and f*ck you up against this wall. Remind me of what a terrible person I am. Tell me I'm a sick bastard and you want me out of your life forever. Tell me I don't deserve you. Tell me all the things I already know."
~ CALEB/JAMES

I hate DNFing. I hate it, so I do it VERY rarely.

This is one of the seldom number of books that had pushed me to do it though when I first read i
Jennifer Kyle

description

Is this fifteen chapter book worth the purchase and read? ABSOLUTELY!

Epilogue is told completely in Caleb/James pov which was...sarcastic/witty, heartbreaking, heart-warming and sexy. Caleb takes a reader through his two sides…Caleb and James and how he now is the combination of both men.

"I am the man who kidnapped Livie. I am the man who held her in a dark room for weeks. I'm the one who tied her to a bedpost and beat her. I'm the one who nearly sold her into sexual slavery. But, most importan
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
"I'm writing this because you begged."
[image error]
"She loves me. It's quite sick, isn't it?"
♥"You'd do anything to protect me."

"I think... I'm going to like this a lot"

I feel like I'm going to burst, it was so freaking good......I'm on a ♥Caleb♥ cloud right now....I don't know how I'm going to move on? I know it's slightly wrong to love him but I just do; I can't help it. He was very, very bad; he still can be bad but......eeeek...you just HAVE to read this series!!

Don't hesitate just
Sandy ღCoffee Addict Booksღ
"3 sexy stars"

Anything to do with Livvie, Caleb and C J Roberts I absolutely love and Epilogue was no exception. Yes! I realize I rated it ‘3 stars’ not because I hated it or it was boring but the author is to blame here, Yes Mrs Roberts I blame you if my future dark/angst/romance reads fall short because you have created one of the best scintillating story of love, betrayal, faith and survival in ‘Seduced in the Dark’ which will forever be my top favorite.
“I’m writing this because you begged
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Who am I?
Am I Caleb?
Am I James?

I’ve often asked myself this very thing and have always come up with a different answer. Perhaps the only answer that can be truthful is to say, “I am both.”

Such was the beginning of Epilogue and with these words I was drawn back into the Dark Duet series. Those words crushed me for the man who was, and is, Caleb/James.

Being up close and personal with Caleb felt……. intimate. I experienced a connection and a love for Caleb the like in which I never have before – it
Marina
“Well, first, I want to say I’m thankful for the food. I can’t wait to eat it. But, more importantly…I’m thankful that I’m here at all.”

When I read that first book, I remember putting it aside at some point thinking that what I was witnessing was crazy. I felt like I was intruding on emotions that I had no business watching. And frankly that I would never be able to understand. So when I saw the above quote, my heart broke for her. She's not even 20 years old, for God's sake, and makes stateme
Jen
Feb 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing

"This is my life. I was a whore in my youth,
a killer since my adolescense,
and a monster as a man.
Who am I now? What am I now?"

I fell in love with Caleb all over again in this book. Or maybe I should say that I fell in love with the new part of Caleb...the man named James. I thought it was great how Caleb became a new version of himself; but still had the old one tucked away inside and ready to come out and play when he was allowed. I would have been disappointed if Caleb had turned into a
Elle
5* all I need STARS!!

“Once upon a time I saved Livvie. She’s been saving me ever since.”

OMFG Caleb is everything! Thanks to CJ Roberts for this epilogue from Caleb's POV. A rare male POV. I'm really curious with his wicked mind since the very first time. Caleb is not your usual anti-hero. He was the villain but Kitten changed him. She brought him into the light. To end his own limbo.
“I’m in the process of becoming something else, Livvie. I hope it’s something good, something far removed fr
I'm scared to read this because I loved it so much 12 106 Nov 19, 2014 08:57AM
The Happy Housewi...: Epilogue (The Dark Duet, #3) 2 18 Apr 14, 2014 12:46PM
I CAN'T WAIT! 8 154 Jul 10, 2013 04:19PM
the end (for now) 20 249 Jul 10, 2013 02:41PM
OMG! Is it totally different - the 1st copy delivered to Amazon pre-order peeps? 6 110 Jul 10, 2013 09:02AM
C.D.'s Canaries: Dark Duet Epilogue: Buddy Read 6/11/13 233 74 Jul 08, 2013 08:38AM

• Blind Obsession
  • Shooting Scars (The Artists Trilogy, #2)
  • The Art of Control (The Art of D/s #3)
  • The Prince (The Original Sinners, #3)
  • Escape from Paradise (Paradise, #1)
  • Surviving Raine (Surviving Raine, #1)
  • Convicted (Consequences, #3)
  • The Tied Man (The Tied Man, #1)
  • Madeleine Abducted (The Estate, #1)
  • Bound by Vengeance (SKALS, #2)
  • Waking Kiss (BDSM Ballet, #1)
  • Wanderlust
  • Vol.1 (London Brown, #3.5)
  • Quintessentially Q (Monsters in the Dark, #2)
  • Dissolution (Breach, #1.5)
  • Unattainable (Undeniable, #3)
  • Allure (Spiral of Bliss, #2)
CJ Roberts is an independent writer. She favors dark and erotic stories with taboo twists. Her work has been called sexy and disturbing in the same sentence.

Her debut novel, CAPTIVE IN THE DARK, has sold over 150,000 copies and is the first of three books in her bestselling and award winning series DARK DUET.

She was born and raised in Southern California. Following high school, she joined the U.S

The Dark Duet (3 books)
  • Captive in the Dark (The Dark Duet, #1)
  • Seduced in the Dark (The Dark Duet, #2)
“I’m writing this because you begged. You know how I love the begging” 142 likes
“I know you deserve to be happy. I know you deserve someone… better, but I’m selfish. I want you. I want you bad enough to try and be someone better.” 129 likes