Start by marking “Invaded (Alienated, #2)” as Want to Read:
Invaded (Alienated, #2)

Invaded

(Alienated #2)

The romantic sequel to Alienated takes long-distance relationships to a new level as Cara and Aelyx long for each other from opposite ends of the universe...until a threat to both their worlds reunites them.

Cara always knew life on planet L’eihr would be an adjustment. With Aelyx, her L’eihr boyfriend, back on Earth, working to mend the broken alliance between their two p
Published February 3rd 2015 by Disney-Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Invaded, please sign up.
Emma The very basic answer is: maybe. It depends on how well this one sells.

The very basic answer is: maybe. It depends on how well this one sells.

She answers in more detail on her FAQs page. It's the last question, so you should scroll all the way down to see it.

Melissa Landers
Feb 03, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Update #2: At least a dozen people have asked me if there will be a love triangle in the sequel. O, ye of little faith. Do you really think I'd do that to you? :)

Update #1: Well, lookie there. It's a new title! The sequel to ALIENATED is now called INVADED. I like it.
Lola
Nov 21, 2016 rated it liked it
I liked ‘‘Invaded’’ a little bit less than I did ‘‘Alienated,’’ and that is because of the countless plot holes.

The first book is fun. I mean, there is petty drama between Cara and her best friend, but the interplanetary student exchange is so entertaining—especially since Aelyx is adorable when he doesn’t know what humans mean exactly with their ambiguous expressions (more precisely the ones with sexual connotations, haha).

This book is very different. For one, it’s more serious: there is more d
Sep 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Now the tables have turned for Cara. She is the alien with all the haters. Learning to fit in at another school. It is rough but worth it to be with Aelyx. But doubts creep in as she realizes the colony doesn't seem to be all that it was promised to be. Merging two cultures isn't easy. Aelyx is also having a rough time on Earth trying to fix the alliance and handle all the death threats.

I loved all the plot developments. Learning more about the planet, its people and development. The theory of
Carla *Jen7waters*
***SPOILERS, SPOILERS, SO MANY SPOILERS***

Aw, man, I’m so disappointed with this book, I WANT TO CRY.

But let me start this review by saying Alienated was one of my favorite reads of 2013 (I got a review copy from NetGalley)--I thoroughly enjoyed it, the quirky and so likable heroine Cara, her unique voice and humor; the awkward and literally out-of-this-world-cute hero Aelyx, their delicious slow burn romance, the compelling plot and writing, and how it all comes together in this extremely enter
Ashwood (애쉬 우드).
Jul 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Invaded has a much different feel than Alienated because it's more serious and has more strategic planning. There's more danger, conspiracy, and action.

We get to see Cara and Aelyx react to things completely outside of their comfort zones, so far from their home planets. Cara is on L'eihr, which is like a dystopian version of earth and Aelyx is on earth which is completely alien to him.

Melissa Landers did an amazing job creating and perfecting the L'eihr world and characters on a whole.
Anja H.
Jan 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
*4 ALIEN STARS*

“It's like our whole culture is based on frivolity, and I never noticed before."

I actually enjoyed this one a lot more than the previous book in this series, Alienated.
I think that's only because I was never really 100% invested into that one though. Maybe I should re-read that one, because If I recall correctly, I read Alienated right after finishing Six of Crows and that was probably a bad idea. Let's be honest: nothing can compare to that one!

The biggest downside to this book
Alyssa

Book Two of the Alienated series
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion
Publication Date: February 3, 2015
Rating: 4 stars
Source: ARC sent by a friend (thank you, Celeste!)

Summary (from Goodreads):

Cara always knew life on planet L’eih
Raye
Feb 15, 2014 marked it as to-read
February 2015?!
A preview of what I will be doing for the next year...
description
Melissa
Mar 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"Sweet alien babies" Am I allowed to use that reference/quote here? Because it does involve aliens, and Katy would agree on me with this, that this book was goooooooood!

This was a stunning and strong sequel! I really liked the first book "Alienated" it had this cute, highschool, insta-lov-ish drive but with a hot alien involved. "Invaded" took it to another level. This time around we got to get familiar with L'eihr and The Way and also Cara's feelings toward this new world. Also, there was littl
Colleen Houck
I really enjoyed seeing the heroine experience another planet/culture. I can't imagine a world where there are no secrets and your every thought is immediately picked up by those around you. Scary and liberating at the same time. Even though the hero and heroine spend time apart, the romance is still there. Excited to see what happens in book three.
Andie
Aug 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.

This sequel was a bit lackluster for me. It was missing a lot of the components that I originally loved in Aliented. ::sigh:: But the last 100 pages or so grabbed my attention and if there's a third book I will definitely be reading.
Shannon (leaninglights)
Apr 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
A pretty solid sequel. If I had not loved Alienated so much, this book might have rated higher because it was good. But it didn't live up to the magic and spark I felt with the first one. It wrapped up really nice (Landers wasn't signed for a third book when Invaded was written) and was satisfying. The third and final book comes out in August.
Frankie Lovely
3 stars
Review to come

Cute and action-y

Suffers a little from middle book syndrome
Carey Corp
Nov 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-this-book
Hi readers! Full disclosure: I am one of Melissa's critique partners. However, I have been so busy with the DOON sequel that I haven't had an exposure to INVADED until the final draft.

I loved the second installment of Cara and Aelyx's story even more than book one. The world of L'eihr is a fascinating creation. I don't want to give anything away, but have tissues ready!
Suzanne
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good sequel and a good bridge to get readers to the third and final book. In this second book of the series, Cara is on L’eihr and Aelyx is on Earth but the separation of the planets really allows two different subplots to rise on the plot with the alliance. Overall, this is an amusing and fun sequel with a great ending that leads readers to the next book, United.

My quick and simple overall: good sequel and Vero may have been the most adorable, mean little creature I have read about in a while!
Veronique
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: stars-4-0, 2017

Great second instalment! Once more, the narrative is very compelling and I ended up finishing the book in just over a day.

I really appreciated Landers potentially 'dangerous' decision of keeping Cara and Aelyx 'separated' for most of the novel, but this allowed her to deal with prejudices from two apparently different points of view. As it happens, the parallels show that the two cultures have more in common than fi
Britt
Dec 30, 2014 rated it liked it
UPDATE: Moving this down a star because the more I think about it, the more I realize I did not enjoy this book as much as its predecessor.

Invaded is an exciting sequel to Alienated, a young adult sci-fi novel by Melissa Landers. Let me first say that if you haven't picked up this series, I would definitely recommend it! The books are so fun and filled with humor, amazing protagonists, and a swoon-worthy romance. The story is very unique and there are really no other books that I have read like
Gabrielle
Overall I'm really disappointed the romance suffered a lot and the book suffered because for most of the book Aelyx and Cara were not together the romance is what this series falls back on its the greatest element. Also this book was very predictable. It did not even come close to Alienated I was bored most of the time. I just couldn't connect like I did with the first even when Cara and Aelyx reunited,the magic for their relationship was gone for me I just did not see their chemistry anymore it ...more
Elena
Feb 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Alienated was hella cute and funny and while I enjoyed Invaded I'd still say it wasn't as good.
☆ ĄňŊǡƂėƮĦ ☆ ŞŧŎŋė
3.5/5

I didn't like Invaded as much as Alienated but it was still pretty good. I liked learning more about L’eihr while Cara was living there. I also enjoyed having chapters alternating focus on Cara or Aelyx, even though at times I just really wanted to keep reading about one character. There were some things in the book that I was able to predict which was kind of annoying. The ending of the book seemed a little rushed which is partly because there is going to be a third book, United, coming ou
Nick
Feb 19, 2015 marked it as to-read
I HEAR THIS ONE ISN'T AS GOOD AS THE FIRST.WHO CARES? I WILL PROBABLY ENJOY IT ANYWAY.
Lauren Stoolfire
May 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
As Aelyx is attempting to fix the Human - L'eihr alliance on Earth, Cara finds herself on her own (aside from her brother) on an unfamiliar planet to complete her part of the exchange, and, better yet, help develop the colony where one day she and Aelyx will make a home for themselves. Unfortunately, the L'eihr's are having a difficult time accepting even the most basic human freedoms for the colony because the L'eihrs seem to fully expect to impose their culture upon the human colonists rather ...more
Kavya_E1
Nov 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Layla
Feb 19, 2015 rated it it was ok
Welcome, fellow l’annabes. My name is Layla, and I will be your guide to the planet L’eihr (and the innermost workings of Cara Sweeney’s mind). To prepare for this journey, I want you to remember the following:

-Cara, our heroine, is fiery and passionate. You know this because she has red hair. Also, she is a woman.
-Aelyx, our hero, is logical and doesn’t totally get human emotions 100%. You know this because he is a man. (And an alien from a planet where they like … bred out human emotion becaus
Lea Nolan
Oct 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Full disclosure: I'm one of Melissa Lander's critique partners so I got an early look at this book and holy spaceships, it's fantastic! Fast paced, funny, and filled with intrigue and double crosses, you're going to love this ride! I can't wait for its release so the rest of Earth can love it too!
Angela
Aug 09, 2014 rated it it was ok
Couldn't finish reading this. I want to know what happens at the end but not enough to push through the rest. Really let down.
Chelsea
Nov 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars, read-in-2017
Well I'm glad I bought the third one while I was finishing this one. I don't usually read outside my normal genre, but it helps this has some contemporary romance in it even though it's pretty sci-fi based. But man I know there has to be some serious stuff coming for the third book so I really can't wait to get my hands on it.
Anna
Mar 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016-must-read
This review might contain SPOILERS so please, be aware of that.

I knew I’d like this book a lot less than Alienated because of the way previous one ended and set up the next one.

I wasn’t wrong, the first half of this book kind of lost charm of the story because we got a trope that I personally hate in second books in series- and that is when the main character is separated with her love interest for most of the book. I know that in this case we actually get two point of views and characters comm
Lauren
Jul 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Man, this took me ages to get through, but it was so good!!

I loved Cara at times and hated her at others but on the whole, I realized it was because of her humanity and I felt like that was so fitting. She would do something or say something or think something that would irk me and I would think about what I would do in that situation or how I would handle it and would feel my irritation dissipate.

I absolutely loved the characters in these books and I can see it ending here or moving onto anot
Selma
Jun 13, 2014 rated it liked it
3.75 / 5 stars
Mentor Texts: mentor text 3 1 3 May 10, 2016 09:32AM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Invaded (Alienated, #2) by Melissa Landers - Restarting December 18th 2015 34 40 Dec 23, 2015 12:32PM
Character Rating 3 27 Apr 14, 2015 07:16PM

• Hover (The Taking, #2)
  • Evolution (Extraction, #3)
  • Unchanged (Unremembered, #3)
  • Prophecy of Oz (Prophecy of Oz, #1)
  • When I Wake
  • Embraced (The Eternal Balance, #2)
  • Their Fractured Light (Starbound, #3)
  • Crash (The Game, #3)
  • Jubilee Manor (Landry Park, #2)
  • Loop (Loop #1)
  • Polaris (Avalon, #2)
  • Unleashed (Uninvited, #2)
  • Strange Skies (Burn Out, #2)
  • Reborn (Altered, #3)
  • While You Were Gone (Duplexity, #2)
  • Descent (Kissed by Death, #3)
  • The Hunt (Project Paper Doll, #2)
  • The Fearless
**Receive news, updates, and exclusive excerpts from Melissa by subscribing to her e-newsletter!**

Melissa Landers writes romantic sci-fi & fantasy for teens and the young at heart. The Alienated trilogy (ALIENATED, INVADED, and UNITED) is now complete! STARFLIGHT is available, and its companion novel STARFALL releases in February. Look for BLASTAWAY in July, 2019.

**IMPORTANT** Please do not r

Alienated (3 books)
  • Alienated (Alienated, #1)
  • United (Alienated, #3)
“I know how humans love. Their passion burns like a lump of sugar – quick and hot. And when the fire dies, they seek a new flame. They chase sparks instead of collecting the warmth of old embers.” 28 likes
“You'll feel better after a new pair of jeans and a triple fudge meltdown. And if that doesn't work, we'll watch Magic Mike."

Cara laughed as tears welled in her eyes. "Let's hope it doesn't come to that.”
16 likes