Start by marking “Fall of Night (Morganville Vampires, #14)” as Want to Read:
Fall of Night (Morganville Vampires, #14)

Fall of Night

(The Morganville Vampires #14)

THANKS TO ITS UNIQUE COMBINATION OF HUMAN AND VAMPIRE RESIDENTS, MORGANVILLE, TEXAS, IS A SMALL COLLEGE TOWN WITH BIG-TIME PROBLEMS. WHEN STUDENT CLAIRE DANVERS GETS THE CHANCE TO EXPERIENCE LIFE ON THE OUTSIDE, SHE TAKES IT. BUT MORGANVILLE ISN'T THE ONLY TOWN WITH VAMPIRE TROUBLE...

Claire thought she'd never get to leave Morganville, but she can't pass up the chance to f
Published May 2nd 2013 by Allison & Busby

Abby
Nov 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I SURVIVED DECEMBER 21ST!!
But I still haven't gotten my claws into this book.. thankyou crap Australian bookstores!!
harlequin {Stephanie}
*Edit* Not what I was hoping for, but somehow it works. Liked it better than Bitter Blood, but after the mind melting twists and turns of the previous books it's no wonder 13 was a bit flat.

(view spoiler)
Maria V. Snyder
Mar 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For me to still be reading a series after 13 books, is a pretty big deal. I love this series because of the characters and probably could read chapters of them just hanging out and playing video games. But that's not going to happen - not with this group.

Basically Claire finally goes to MIT and we see the world outside of Morganville, trouble finds her almost immediately, which is my only complaint. I would have loved to see her as a MIT student, making some friends and just taking a breath for
Taschima
Sep 22, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fall of Night was, as always, full of action and adventure, with enough risk to get your blood pumping. It was different than other titles, while on the heart of it it remained the same. Set entirely outside of the boundaries of Morganville you would think Claire would get a second of peace away from the vampires and the dark/twisty thing that is her life. But then again that wouldn't make for a great novel, and Fall of Night is certainly a great addition into the series. Claire needed to get ou ...more
Sydney
Er....make-up with Shane already! I swear if she doesn't do that in this book...

After reading book:
Wow. Woah. Okay, then. Some serious shit just went down there. That was an intense cliff-hanger and random turn in the who series with Daylight dudes. It was a good book, though, and good plot. I loved Shane's POV and Claire's POV and the switching out of the two. I also love their relationship in this book. Much more mature and adult-like. Love it and read it in 8 hours. I can't wait for November!
Holly Herda
Okay, I am just...shocked and disappointed. Definitely not words I normally use to describe the Rachel Caine reading experience. Where do I begin when describing all the ways this book--this series--just went wrong?

And just to clarify: I realize this book was supposed to have a slightly different feel to it, since the main character was leaving the main setting. That in itself I don't have a problem with. (A similar situation occurred in book eight, Kiss of Death, and that's one of my favorites
Jaki
Apr 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
She’s a tricky woman, that Rachel Caine! When I first read the blurb of Fall of Night, I was a little bit concerned. Claire’s given permission to leave Morganville and is off to MIT. I envisioned a whole book about Claire, and missing all my favourite characters and the town of Morganville too! How can that be? I thought in a panic. No Morganville? No Myrnin? No Eve? How can Ms Caine do this to us?

I should have more faith. :D Yes, Claire is off to MIT, to study in an advanced graduate program, u
Lia
Jun 01, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I've never reviewed a book on goodreads before, but I just finished this book, and feel I have to vent.

I didn't like this book. I'm in no way saying it's a bad book- it's written decently and as usual, the interactions between characters and the dialogue work perfectly fine. It's just... I didn't like it. It just felt off to me, in an indescribable way. There are however, a few gripes I can describe.

A small thing is that we don't see much of the whole gang, especially Michael and Eve. I don't
Badass
Mar 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fuck, alright. BADDASS MANLY FICTION REVIEWER got his hands on an ARC copy of FALL OF NIGHT thanks to his having shrieked at Rachel Caine over the interwebs that she should really get her ass into gear and get this shit out on the shelves, and Rachel couldn't help but admire his BADDASS MANLY FICTION REVIEWER spunk.

(Wait, that came out wrong. FUCK IT. ONWARD.)

Anyway, BAMFR just finished his copy of this book not two seconds ago, and it turns out that it's very easy to review. Did DEAR READER lik
Sue Tint
Nov 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Morganville Vampires fans, lovers of YA paranormal, with a little romance
Shelves: ya
Wow! 4.5 to 5 stars! I just finished this 14th installment of this beloved (especially to me) Morganville Vampires series this morning. I have come to absolutely fall in love with these characters. And while this installment took us outside of Morganville for the entire book (with the exception of the very beginning and very end - and that was basically on the outskirts of town), it was an excellent move for Ms. Caine to do. I think taking Claire out of Morganville was a perfect way to refresh t ...more
Ferdy
Slightly Spoilery

The Morganville Vampires series is the longest series I've ever read - I never anticipated it being quite so long when I first started it years ago, so I'm rather glad that Fall of Night is the penultimate Morganville book… There's nothing quite like the feeling you get when you've finally finish a series.
I've had my ups and downs with the Morganville books… I wasn't the biggest fan of the last couple of installments but I have to admit that overall I've enjoyed the series — th
Bella Roden
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can’t put these books down if I tried, and the plot and characters are perfectly balanced as usual. Claire’s finally managed to get out of Morganville and go to MIT, but trouble always follow. They’re relationships aren’t very strong at the end of the last book, and the repercussions of not fixing that are played out perfectly. We meet a new vampire and see how Claire functions outside of Morganville, and I honestly can’t imagine finishing this series.
Suzanne
Jul 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: vampires
The last 166 pages brought this to a 4, before then, we were looking at a 3.

The Morganville Vampire series has always been one of my favourites, but Bitterblood just wasn't up to scratch. So when I started Fall of Night, for the first time ever, I was going into one of these books with little enthusiasm. And for the first 277 pages, it unfortunately lived up to my expectations.

But enter Oliver and Myrnin and this book took a turn for the better. The pace was faster, the action picked up and I di
Ave Binks
Aug 30, 2012 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Okay, I absolutely LOVE this series, but I'm going to take a break from getting/reading this series for a while until I'm sure Claire and Shane are solidly back together* b/c that was my main reason for reading this series- a couple that was always together so we didn't have to worry over the drama crap of the "will they, won't they?" And so help me if Claire finds someone at college to have a fling with while she's figuring out what to do with Shane..., sigh, well lets just say I'll be very dis ...more
Kim
Dec 02, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: has-read
I realize this series has a cult like following. I have always really liked it, but at 150 pages in and I had to put it down. The great thing about this series was Morganville and the friends, this book is taking place in Cambridge, and I just couldn't read it anymore. It was BORING! Even a Vampire or stalker couldn't make this book less boring. I may try to pick it up again at a later date, but this series went down hill for me much the way the Southern Vampire series did from Charlene Harris. ...more
Nicole
Apr 27, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
ok this series can end ANYTIME now. I am over it. I like to see Claire get away but she realizes that she can't stay at MIT. Morganville as much as she doesn't want to accept it - is her home. It is very odd to have a Morganville book not really in Morganville. I really like to see Shane in this one but seeing him sad is not fun. Shane has always been one of my favorites. I don't want Shane sad :(
Dark Faerie Tales
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: Dark, funny, action-packed drama. Be prepared for a seriously crazy cliffhanger.

Opening Sentence: The billboard at the border of Morganville hadn’t changed since Claire had first driven past it on the way into town at the tender age of sixteen.

The Review:

Fall of Night is the penultimate novel in the Morganville Vampire series. This is the first novel in this series that I have read but I have read Rachel Caine’s Weather Warden Series which I
Markus W
May 09, 2013 rated it it was ok
ALPHAreader
Oct 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Following from the events of ‘Bitter Blood’, when lives were lost and friendships put to the test, Claire Danvers is following-through with her decision to leave Morganville, and attend the MIT graduate program in Cambridge.

Claire has made the monumental decision to leave her friends behind – including newlyweds Michael and Eve, who want to start acting more like a married couple (less roommates should help with that). But Claire is also determined to leave her beloved boyfriend, Shane, behind
Hannah
First posted to Once Upon A Time.

Fall of Night, Fall of Night.. not quite as bad as Bite Club, but no where near as good as Bitter Blood. In fact, this is a Morganville novel of two parts. The part where Claire is alone in this new town, and the part where everybody suddenly appears. The first part was just kind of boring.. sorry, but Morganville without Myrnin and Eve et al just isn't the same. But then the second part woke up and we have a Morganville book that is once again fast paced and unp
♥Linsey Pop♥ - mybooksnthings.com
Linsey @ My Little World - Books 'N' Things

I can't believe we're approaching the end of this series and I for one am going to miss the residents of Morganville... Yes, all of them. But we're not quite there yet.

In book 14, Fall of Night, Claire has decided to get out of town in order to re-address her life and figure out what it is that she really wants. This sees her attending MIT and living in Cambridge away from all of her friends, including boyfriend Shane. Or so she thinks. She moves in wi
Amy Jacobs
Apr 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Fall of Night is the 14th book in the Morganville Vampire series by author Rachel Caine.

I am a huge fan of this series. I feel connected to Shane, Claire, Eve, Michael and yes Myrnin. There town is complicated and full of suspense and not much down time to just relax. But that is what makes them the best characters when they have to deal with problems in a vamp run town.

In Fall of Night, Claire travels away to MIT. She needs to find her way on her own and see what life is like outside of Morganv
Siobhan
Oct 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Please can someone get rid of Shane already? Those who have read my other reviews know I am annoyed by his character but it is taken to a whole new level in this one (even beyond the Bite Club annoyance). Honestly, Claire for such a supposedly smart character how are you blind to his behaviour? It is creepy, even by the strange sleep-watching Edward Cullen supposedly romantic a generation came to accept as the norm. Seriously, the guy got to me far too much in this one and it wasn’t good at all. ...more
Alaina

BECAUSE ONLY ONE MORE BOOK AND THEN I CAN DO SOMETHING ELSE WITH MY LIFE.

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Okay, so Fall of Night wasn't that bad of a book but it also just bored the shit out of me. Claire gets to leave Morganville, again, and I really liked the change of scenery. However, I felt that Claire didn't leave her friends in a good way and I was kind of glad that Shane went after her. But I didn't like how Claire basically didn't try at MIT because she
Yodamom
Great fun with the Morganville gang when they Claire leaves home and heads for Boston. Where Claire goes trouble follows. She is finally at MIT her dream realized. Sometimes our dreams turn out to be nightmares. Everything is not what ti seems which it the way of the world. The hidden dangers strike, and some of them will not come out okay. It's all Claire fault, she may lose it all. Her research, her love and maybe her friends lives.
It was fun, edge of my seat squirming action and several ahhhh
Prami{reader and dreamer}
WHAT. THE. HELL?! This book was like riding a roller-coaster. Too many feels. It's really sad that we'd have to wait another six months for the next book to come out. I don't know what and why the hell that happened in the last! Nevertheless I loved everything about the book. The first half was quite slow seeing the crew was scattered but the second half kind of made up for the part. I'm curious as to what happens next.
Andrea
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-read, trash
It was nice that Claire got out of Morganville and to see MIT finally. I really liked Nick and the other friends she met. However, she really didn't try there. She kept thinking about Morganville and stupid Shane. All of that truly held her back and it was damn annoying. Also I still don't like Shane. He's made too many damn mistakes so no.
Courtney
Dec 30, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really?!? MAY FREAKIN 7th? Do you know how far away that is? Too far. I need to know what happens! I just finished Bitter Blood. It was great! I bet this book will easily become one of my favorites. SO YOU NEED TO COME OUT ALREADY! I love this series!!
Georgia strong
can't wait!!! I just want shane and claire to stay together!!!!
Kim
Jan 26, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
1.5 stars. This was another in the series I felt like was complete filler. Nothing really happens, nothing to hold my interest at least. I finished the book a few weeks ago and just never bothered to write a review, that’s how little I cared upon completion.This series has been a complete bell curve for me. I liked Claire more and more through books 1 - about 5 or 6. Then she was just okay for a few books, but since about book 10 I have liked her less and less. In this one she is just pathetic. ...more
OMG !! Is it good ?? 27 49 Nov 02, 2014 05:28AM
Team Shane or Team Myrnin? 13 83 Aug 05, 2014 03:34PM
Crazy for Young A...: Fall of Night (Morganville Vampires #14) by Rachel Caine → Start Date: July 21st, 2014 8 17 Jul 30, 2014 01:18PM
Does anyone like the same books as me? How many favourite books do we have in common? 14 67 Jun 16, 2014 06:01AM
Ending 2 18 Dec 13, 2013 10:31PM
Morganville Webseries! 11 41 Jul 08, 2013 09:15PM
Don't you think Shane is PERFECT ! 8 23 Jun 20, 2013 03:07AM

• Blood Forever (Blood Coven Vampire, #8)
  • Blood Prophecy (Drake Chronicles, #6)
  • Consume (The Clann, #3)
  • Balthazar (Evernight, #5)
  • Biting Bad (Chicagoland Vampires, #8)
  • With All My Soul (Soul Screamers, #7)
  • Lust for Life (WVMP Radio, #4)
  • Eternal: More Love Stories with Bite
  • Gates of Paradise (Blue Bloods, #7)
  • Cryptic Cravings (Vampire Kisses, #8)
  • Death, and the Girl He Loves (Darklight, #3)
  • Kitty Rocks the House (Kitty Norville, #11)
  • Make Me (Demon Underground, #4)
  • The Last Vampire and Black Blood (The Last Vampire, #1-2)
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)

The Morganville Vampires (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1)
  • The Dead Girls' Dance (The Morganville Vampires, #2)
  • Midnight Alley (The Morganville Vampires, #3)
  • Feast of Fools (The Morganville Vampires, #4)
  • Lord of Misrule (The Morganville Vampires, #5)
  • Carpe Corpus (The Morganville Vampires, #6)
  • Fade Out (The Morganville Vampires, #7)
  • Kiss of Death (The Morganville Vampires, #8)
  • Ghost Town (The Morganville Vampires, #9)
  • Bite Club (The Morganville Vampires, #10)
“Don't play his game. Play yours.” 66 likes
“Glad it was you and not me," Shane said, and offered Myrin a hand up. "Any brain damage?"
"Since the bullet actually passed through his brain, then yes, idiot boy, there's certainly brain damage," Oliver said. "It will pass. His brain's the least fragile thing about him."
"You say the nicest things," Myrin said. He was slurring his words, and he threw an arm around Oliver's neck. "Marry me.”
42 likes