Start by marking “Used” as Want to Read:
Used

Used

Heartbreakingly beautiful and completely engrossing, USED is packed full of twists, turns, and a gripping romance sure to leave readers emotionally spent and asking for more.

At the age of seventeen, after a decade of lies, hurt, and severe abuse by her brother Lucas, Sabra Valentine is able to breathe.

Lucas is behind bars thanks in large part to Sabra’s quick thinking an
ebook
Expected publication: March 8th 2021 (first published 2021)

To ask other readers questions about Used, please sign up.
KP It's releasing March 8th, and you can preorder it here on Amazon: https://amzn.to/38cgoaR
All other retailers coming shortly. …more
All other retailers coming shortly. (less)

Start your review of Used
Courtney
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Used is Kate Dunbar's debut novel. It's one she has been writing on and off for years. And I am so glad that she released it to us to read.

This novel felt very real to me - not just the characters but the story itself. It's unfortunately a life others have lived. We've all heard the stories on the news or through others but for a reason I can't explain, Dunbar's book made it all more real and personal to me.

"Nine Steps."

Dunbar does a great job of giving us the details without laying all the go
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
Dec 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5-4 stars!
I have to say I am pretty proud of Dunbar for having a dream of one day writing something and then writing one heck of a novel in Used.
Everything that transpired felt authentic and real and I felt the fear our heroine Sabra felt—the fear of the unknown, of the potential of what could come, and the fear of trying to escape and to finally be free.
I loved her hero Trevor who relentlessly pursued her but at her pace and who validated her worth to her time and time again.
This may be Dunba
Stephanie Phillips (Stephanie's Book Reports)
I received a copy of this book from the author - no review required. :-)

I have to say I pestered Kate to share this book with me as soon as I saw she was writing it. I do mean pestered. Anytime she posted about USED I would ask to read it. No shame here!

So this book could be rather difficult for some to read. It touches on a subject that most people don't want to talk about - don't want to face - but is very prevalent in our world. Always has been. Always will be. No need to sweep it under the
* A review copy was provided by the author. *

~ 5 Learning To Heal Stars ~

WOW!!! Talk about knocking it out of the park. Kate Dunbar has done just that with this book. For being a debut novel for this author....it was phenomenal!!!!

This book was filled with heart wrenching emotion but it was also a story of hope and healing. I will warn you this book does cover a very tough subject. Even though it was written with tact and grace, nothing is overly graphic, it will still be tough to read in spo
Novel Grounds
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes you read a book and it is just EPIC. Life changing. Sometimes you read a book and it consumes you, you get lost in the world that this novel crafts and you can't turn away. Sometimes you read a book and for reasons you can put your finger on, you need for others to read the book as well. The book does something to you that you can't quite put into words.

Not all books affect people the same, we all know that, and this book might not be anything other than a read you spend an afternoon e
Sage Knightly
Dec 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
I found this to be a very quick and enjoyable read. It has a very heavy topic and deals not only with physical, sexual, and emotional abuse, but the after affects and how it ruins a person inside and out. It was realistic, and while the author didn't shy away from certain abuse, other forms of it were left unsaid which made for a dark story but also a light one.

The gritty details were left to be filled in your head, and then to brighten the mood the author gives us interactions between Sabra and
Robin Powers
Dec 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
For a debut novel, this dark story wrapped itself around my heart and really was quite emotional. Sabra has went through hell during her childhood but she's trying to move on and heal. But those scars run deep. Trevor has been her really good friend and flirt partner and she thinks she might take it a little further. As their friendship/romance just starts budding, her nightmare reenters her life. I can't even imagine suffering through the abuse Sabra endured. With ever taunt, I wish Sabra was b ...more
Kali McQuillen
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-arc, 2018-read
4.5* A beautifully written book about shame, heartache, strength, love and so much more. The author took a hard subject to write about for her debut novel and I honestly would never have guessed it was her debut novel.

I was literally entranced with this story. I was rooting for Sabra to let herself be loved. I was telling Trevor don't give up, keep knocking on the walls that Sabra built.

I LOVED Trevor, I think I'll claim him!! Goodness that man had it all and was willing to do what it takes to
T.M. Payne
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This story will rip you to shreds...
Sabra went through hell and back as a young child and when she finally thinks she is safe and her tormentor is behind bars well it all breaks loose again.

This story is filled with secrets, anguish, and repairing one's self.
Sabra wants to live, wants to love, and be free of the past and with her best friend Trevor by her side, she just might.
But what of Lucas?

Yep, that is all you get from me. I am hoping the author decides to publish this to a book site but
Bob
Marie
Torill
Lily Rose
Feb 04, 2013
Kate Dunbar is a wife, mom of three, and obsessive tea drinker who loves a great story. She’s passionate about people and learning what makes them tick. You can find her eavesdropping, people watching, and living her best life wherever the winds take her.

News & Interviews