Start by marking “The Cain Chronicles, Episodes 1-4 (Seasons of the Moon: Cain Chronicles #1-4)” as Want to Read:
The Cain Chronicles, Episodes 1-4 (Seasons of the Moon: Cain Chronicles #1-4)

The Cain Chronicles, Episodes 1-4 (Seasons of the Moon: Cain Chronicles #1-4)

4.24  ·  Rating Details ·  1,523 Ratings  ·  49 Reviews
Rylie Gresham has enjoyed two peaceful years as Alpha of the last werewolf pack in existence. But she's feeling kind of confused. Her boyfriend, Seth, has been away at college, and her feelings for his brother, Abel, have been growing as they run the pack together.

Everything gets a lot more complicated when someone sends her a silver bullet and a threatening message. It th
Published November 26th 2012 by Red Iris Books

Gerd
Mar 04, 2013 Gerd rated it liked it
Shelves: shapeshifters, ebook
I like this series, love Reine's Rylie Gresham character.
But The Caine Chronicles is a soap opera with werewolves, and like in her first "Seasons of the Moon" series Reine leaves no cliché untouched, only this time, because of the shorter length of each instalment, they come at you that much faster.
If you consider yourself a fan of TV-Tropes, or generally enjoy the hilarity of a good soap, then this is the perfect read for you. We've got the surprise relatives, we've got "I'm in love with my b
Silanna
Feb 23, 2017 Silanna rated it it was amazing
This is one book in 4 parts

It is a good read. Nice continuation of Rylie, Seth and Abel. I thought it was 4 books but it isn't its 4 parts in one book and some of those parts are very short. Still a good read and value for money.
Barbara Duncan
Sep 24, 2014 Barbara Duncan rated it really liked it
Wolves and humans

the Cain chronicles 1-4 kept my interest the entire I am ordering the next book because it ended with a cliff hanger of course.
Avid
Jun 24, 2017 Avid rated it liked it
Interesting at first, but it seems like this series goes on forever.
Richard Hayes
Feb 08, 2013 Richard Hayes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I gave this 4 stars for 2 reasons, one because it consists of four books or novellas that had been published already and it does not contain book five which may wrap up this series.
Rylie is the female alpha of the werewolf pack and working to get them settled into a new home where hopefully they will be safe. Seth, the boy she loves is in school and Able, his brother is with her and is the quasi co-alpha. Rylie has mixed feelings about Abel and goes looking for Seth who has left school and is lo
fennie
Dec 31, 2014 fennie rated it liked it
these are just way too short to be fully satisfying. i guess it makes sense that the're called episodes as opposed to books, because they're definitely not book-length. this series is just as utterly readable as seasons of the moon with another level of the paranormal thrown into the mix as a certain well-hated character comes into play along with the mysterious cain.

i love the dichotomy of seth and abel. seth, the golden boy, the kopis, the well-educated, well-connected brother. and abel, the d
Marsha
May 25, 2014 Marsha rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
New Moon Summer by S.M. Reine is an excellent beginning to a promising series. I love the characters and how Reine has stuck to the legends behind werwolves. This is one of the better were books that I have read. Diving right into book 2.
Blood Moon Harvest by S.M. Reine is the second episode in the Cain Chronicles. The groundwork was laid in book 1, so book 2 is very exciting and action packed. I really enjoy how these characters have grown together.
Moon of the Terrible by S.M. Reine is the thir
Darlene
Another great work by S.M. Reine. I love her characters and stories. It was fun to go back and see Rylie, Seth and Abel. I find their evolving relationships so intriguing. They can't live with modern societies rules of love. Two Alpha werewolves and a Kopic. Two brothers and the girl of their dreams. Human needs versus werewolf needs. A little polyamory needs to play out.

I keep trying to write this review on this batch of episodes but I am already reading book number five. I just couldn't stop
Andrea Campbell
May 17, 2015 Andrea Campbell rated it really liked it
Good book

Good book, open ended I wanted to know what happened when Seth found out that Rylie was pregnant. Crazy how they found out that Cain was his brother and he savaged the sanctuary, and The Union more than half of the men turned on them and was working for Cain. Rylie was having issues controlling her inner wolf when Seth was away at school and had not been back to see her in a while. Even though they always wrote letters back and forth it wasn't enough for emotional balance she craved his
Delaney
Mar 30, 2015 Delaney rated it it was ok
Shelves: not-the-best
I wish that I could say I had liked these better, but sadly I did not. They came with such great reviews from hardcore S.M. Reine followers, but I found them hard to get into. They are fast paced, but I feel like they are almost too fast paced for the reader to get a good feel for any of the characters. In the author's defense, I did not read the series that came before this one and that surely introduces these characters a bit more. However, there is a final book to this series and I felt no ne ...more
Brittney
This book was an easy read and a really cute story. The reason that I didn't give it a full five out of five is even though I like the story it didn't hold my attention fully. I read it over the span of a few months off and on. There was nothing that had me going OMG I want more right now. Nothing that kept me consistently reading. The characters also didn't have a lot of depth to them, and there was a love triangle that was just not all that exciting. Its nothing really unique.

See more of my r
Heather
Feb 18, 2015 Heather rated it really liked it
I didn't realize Seasons of the Moon was a series that came before this one. I wish I had read that series 1st. That being said:
I really really liked it! The very beginning of the first book kind of bugged me because I felt like there was a lot of skipping around and trying to hurry and cram in details from the past of the characters lives. However, once that was done and the book really got underway I really liked the rest of it. Each of the episodes is like a really short novella, But when yo
Crystal King
Mar 09, 2016 Crystal King rated it it was amazing
Loved these books! I have to admit that each episode was a bit shorter than I expected but other than that I was very pleased with this set. I love how all of her books fit together in some way. I find it very easy to connect with her characters even though the stories aren't written in the first person like I usually prefer. I just bought this set 2 days ago and just finished it a few minutes ago. But between finishing it and writing this review I've already purchased the next book in the serie ...more
booknerdreadsandreviewsbooks!
SM Reine creates a GREAT second series for the Seasons of The Moon. I loved it! The thriller, the fast paced reading, it kept me on my toes the entire time! There's a fresh cast of characters, and I recommend reading the first series before reading this. I would recommend this to anyone for a taste for the paranormal!
Laurie Hopkins
Aug 27, 2016 Laurie Hopkins rated it it was amazing
"What" my reaction at the end

I really like Sara's stories. I highly recommend starting from the beginning and reading through. Somehow I missed Riley's story and read Descent and Ascention and now that I read Seasons of the moon and The Cain Chronicles I see the bigger picture for Descent.
Shannon
Wow... Seth go's to college. Abel falls for Rylie. Rylie falls for Abel. Seth and Abel have a half brother who is trying to avenge his mother's death and bring her back to life. Scott turns out to be on Cain's side because of death threats to his family. and Rylie is pregnant, but not with Seth's baby... Just Wow this ended on a horrible cliff hanger. Now I need the next book....
Carolynn
Jan 23, 2015 Carolynn rated it it was amazing
These books are amazing! As you read through the series you grow to love the characters. I love how sm reins blended this with seasons of the moon, because that series was pretty much wrapped up. Its perfectly blended and very well written. Read the whole series! I did and I was not disappointed!
Michelle
Feb 05, 2013 Michelle rated it really liked it
All four books were an easy read. They had lots of action and I enjoyed seeing another side of Abel. I am really tore between the two brothers because I like them both. I think Seth seems to be the perfect boyfriend though.
Tania  Drakatos
Jan 10, 2015 Tania Drakatos rated it it was amazing
It keeps getting better and better

I can't stop reading this series. I wonder what will happen next. There are a lot of twists and turns and yet they are simple and very enjoyable at the same time time
Jenn Lambert
Jan 15, 2016 Jenn Lambert rated it really liked it
It really helped fill in a few blanks, because I read the Acsenction/Decesntion series first, and I have come to understand the dynamics of Rylie, Seth, and Abel. I thought it was just plain weird when I read the other series, but this really helped. Definitely an asset to the series.
Melissa Dixon
Mar 22, 2015 Melissa Dixon rated it it was amazing
This series went too fast.

This series went too fast. I was hoping the would've been four books. I read it in one night. While I loved it, I still wish there was more to this before heading to the next book.
M.M. Chabot
Dec 17, 2015 M.M. Chabot rated it it was amazing
Would I recommend these books? Yes I would!
I just didn't want to out these books down, I just wanted to keep reading until they were finished. The way the author set up this series was great. I love the way everything ties together. Plus who doesn't love a strong female lead?
5/5 for sure!
Sjs
Mar 11, 2016 Sjs rated it it was amazing
Uh -say what???

Able breaks the news! Seth and Riley can't get married...... It isn't because of Cain, the Apple or the Union! What makes Able think he can rule over Seth and Riley? On to Darkmoon.....
April Binkley
Feb 26, 2014 April Binkley rated it really liked it
Nice strong storyline.

I read the other series. So I'm not to shocked at the out come in the first four books in this one. it has a strong storyline and it's clean good writing. Loved it.
Sonia Hardy
Sep 05, 2014 Sonia Hardy rated it it was amazing
LOVED IT!!!!
Jean
Jan 27, 2016 Jean rated it it was amazing
Loved this Set

I'm glad this was a set so I could just immediately read on. The story pulled me in and held on, through all four books. Give them a try. Good story.
Alana
Mar 21, 2015 Alana rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mythology-magic
I loved all the season of the moon books hard to stop reading
Kayla Eklund
Apr 27, 2014 Kayla Eklund rated it really liked it
Shelves: werewolves
More like 4.5 stars. The beginning of the series started out a little rocky for me, but it got better. I can't wait to read the rest of the series to see what the author does with it.
Amanda Chalifoux
Dec 31, 2013 Amanda Chalifoux rated it it was amazing
Really good series.. Good things happen and surprising things also happen.
Sherry Vitaniemi
Sep 30, 2015 Sherry Vitaniemi rated it it was ok
This story is a what the hell

This was frustrating and a pain to read. I did not enjoy reading it. To much back and forth carp.
  • Hungry Ghost (Tales of the Pack, #2)
  • Bye Bye Bloodsucker (Wicked Good Witches #3)
  • A Scent Of Blood (The Marked One, #2)
  • The Dragon's Mate (Dragon Shifters, #2)
  • Sacrifice Me: Season One (Sacrifice Me #1-6)
  • Emergence (Eden's Root Trilogy, #3)
  • Forgotten (In the Shadows, #1)
  • Forever Changed (Mystic Wolves, #4)
  • Apocalyptic Moon (After the Bane, #1)
  • My Alphas: Part One
  • Serious Leigh (Literal Leigh Romance Diaries, #2)
  • Pride Unleashed (A Wolf's Pride, #2)
  • Seized (The Pipe Woman Chronicles #1)
  • Relativity (Proximity, #2)
  • The Necromancer
  • A Witch's Magic (Heart of a Witch, #2)
  • Agnes Barton Senior Sleuth Mysteries Box Set (Agnes Barton Senior Sleuths Mystery, #1-3)
  • Wolfsong
Hi everyone! My name is Sara, and I write urban fantasy and paranormal novels as SM Reine. I collect swords, cat hair, and typewriters (which I do use for writing!). It's a good day when those three things have nothing to do with each other.

If you would like to know the instant my next book is available, you should enlist in my Army of Evil! We have a wicked cool secret handshake, but you'll have
More about S.M. Reine...

Seasons of the Moon: Cain Chronicles (7 books)
  • New Moon Summer (Seasons of the Moon: Cain Chronicles, #1)
  • Blood Moon Harvest (Seasons of the Moon: Cain Chronicles, #2)
  • Moon of the Terrible (Seasons of the Moon: Cain Chronicles, #3)
  • Red Rose Moon (Seasons of the Moon: Cain Chronicles, #4)
  • Darkmoon (Seasons of the Moon: Cain Chronicles, #5)
  • Of Wings and Wolves (Seasons of the Moon: Cain Chronicles, #6)
  • Alpha Moon (Seasons of the Moon: Cain Chronicles, #7)

“Crystal and Trevin devoured a cow’s worth of steak.” 0 likes
“No, you’re just old. You’ve seen everything.” “Not so old that I can’t still kick your ass, girl,” Gwyn said.” 0 likes