The Cain Chronicles, Episodes 1-4: New Moon Summer, Blood Moon Harvest, Moon of the Terrible, Red Rose Moon (Seasons of the Moon: Cain Chronicles #1-4)

4.35 of 5 stars 4.35  ·  rating details  ·  222 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Rylie Gresham has enjoyed two peaceful years as Alpha of the last werewolf pack in existence. But she's feeling kind of confused. Her boyfriend, Seth, has been away at college, and her feelings for his brother, Abel, have been growing as they run the pack together.

Everything gets a lot more complicated when someone sends her a silver bullet and a threatening message. It th...more
Published November 26th 2012 by Red Iris Books

Gerd
I like this series, love Reine's Rylie Gresham character.
But The Caine Chronicles is a soap opera with werewolves, and like in her first "Seasons of the Moon" series Reine leaves no cliché untouched, only this time, because of the shorter length of each instalment, they come at you that much faster.
If you consider yourself a fan of TV-Tropes, or generally enjoy the hilarity of a good soap, then this is the perfect read for you. We've got the surprise relatives, we've got "I'm in love with my b...more
Richard Hayes
I gave this 4 stars for 2 reasons, one because it consists of four books or novellas that had been published already and it does not contain book five which may wrap up this series.
Rylie is the female alpha of the werewolf pack and working to get them settled into a new home where hopefully they will be safe. Seth, the boy she loves is in school and Able, his brother is with her and is the quasi co-alpha. Rylie has mixed feelings about Abel and goes looking for Seth who has left school and is lo...more
Darlene
Another great work by S.M. Reine. I love her characters and stories. It was fun to go back and see Rylie, Seth and Abel. I find their evolving relationships so intriguing. They can't live with modern societies rules of love. Two Alpha werewolves and a Kopic. Two brothers and the girl of their dreams. Human needs versus werewolf needs. A little polyamory needs to play out.

I keep trying to write this review on this batch of episodes but I am already reading book number five. I just couldn't stop...more
Catherine Montgomery
Thoroughly Enjoyable

I thoroughly enjoyed the continuation of the story of Riley, Seth, and Abel. I can't wait to read the continuation and see what happens next.
Elizabeth
Loved it

just loved it perfect twists story line crazy ending
would recommend reading the moon series first may get confused on characters
April Binkley
Nice strong storyline.

I read the other series. So I'm not to shocked at the out come in the first four books in this one. it has a strong storyline and it's clean good writing. Loved it.
Debra
Awesome as usual! I love everything she writes!
Michelle
All four books were an easy read. They had lots of action and I enjoyed seeing another side of Abel. I am really tore between the two brothers because I like them both. I think Seth seems to be the perfect boyfriend though.
Amanda Chalifoux
Really good series.. Good things happen and surprising things also happen.
Shelly Hoffman
I really liked this book.
Amber Hakala
Amber Hakala marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2014
Sue
Sue is currently reading it
Apr 18, 2014
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
Tillie
Tillie marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
  • Hungry Ghost (Tales of the Pack, #2)
  • Pride Unleashed (A Wolf's Pride, #2)
  • Bewitched in Time (Salem Moon, #1)
  • Apocalyptic Moon (After the Bane, #1)
  • The Necromancer
  • Channeler's Choice (Channeler, #2)
  • Zan (Spiritdell, #1)
  • Water Witch (Elemental Magic, #1) (Witches of Etlantium, #1)
  • Savage (Daughters of the Jaguar - Book 1)
  • Smoke and Magic (Blood and Gold, #1)
  • Something Witchy (Mystics & Mayhem, #1)
  • Growl
  • Dream Walker (Paperback)
  • Taken (Channie, #2)
  • Foreign Identity
  • Angel Of Mercy  (The Fallen #1)
  • Rest For The Wicked (The Claire Wiche Chronicles, #1)
  • All We See & Seem (Timber Wolves Trilogy, #3.6)
Hi everyone! My name is Sara, and I write urban fantasy and paranormal novels as SM Reine. I collect swords, cat hair, and typewriters (which I do use for writing!). It's a good day when those three things have nothing to do with each other.

If you would like to know the instant my next book is available, you should enlist in my Army of Evil! We have a wicked cool secret handshake, but you'll have...more
More about S.M. Reine...
Six Moon Summer (Seasons of the Moon, #1) All Hallows Moon (Seasons of the Moon, #2) Death's Hand (Descent, #1) Long Night Moon (Seasons of the Moon, #3) The Descent Series: Vol.1 (Descent, #1-3)