Start by marking “Masque” as Want to Read:
Masque

Masque

Rena Mills plans to turn an abandoned abbey into a haunted bed-and-breakfast to prove she can be successful without her ex-fiancé. What she finds inside is Synn MacAllistair, the distinguished, self-proclaimed Ghost Keeper. Her dreams soon fill with sexual cravings for him. But are they dreams?
Synn, born in 1828, is determined to free the souls of the resident spirits, bla
ebook
Published March 8th 2013 by Ellora's Cave

To ask other readers questions about Masque, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Masque

NhaughtyV says Damn the Zon Save the Reviews
Will admit I bought this book for the cover! Enjoyed this authors other stories, but when I saw she based this on Edgar Allen Poe’s short story “The Masque of the Red Death”, I had to read it! How can someone take a creepy Poe story and turn it into an erotic romance? Well, dear reader, Lexi Post NAILED IT!

Enter, if you dare, a haunted abbey filled with 73 doomed souls. But this is not just any abbey…this is a pleasure palace, where each room is devoted to various erotic fantasies just waiting
Randi Alexander
Mar 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Masque is a fascinating and sexy story! It’s based on Poe’s “The Masque of the Red Death,” and takes place in current-day Nova Scotia, Canada. Rena is determined to reopen the abandoned, historic abbey as a haunted bed-and-breakfast. And wow, it’s haunted by a plethora of interesting ghosts! When Rena meets Synn, the caretaker, she’s speechless with lust. He’s a total hunk, but she doesn’t realize he’s not quite human. When he introduces her to the seven rooms, each with their own kinky sexual e ...more
Marie Patrick
Feb 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Lexi Post’s debut novel, Masque, has it all--romance, mystery, ghosts, a really bad bad guy and hot sex and I think I’m in love…with Synn MacAllister, the hero, who is more tortured and guilt-ridden (and handsome) than any man has a right to be.
In 1861, the Red Death has struck Nova Scotia. Prince Prospero has taken his most favored friends and brought them to Ashton Abbey to protect them. Synn, intending to convince the Prince to help everyone, dons the mask of a victim of the Red Death, nev
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Masque by Lexi Post is based on Edgar Allen Poe’s ‘The Masque of the Red Death’. Masque takes place in modern day Nova Scotia, Canada. I loved the premise of the story and the story overall. I enjoyed the paranormal elements to the story, as well.

Synn MacAllistair was trapped in time believing he brought the red death to the doorstep of the historical building that Rena is now trying to open a bed and breakfast in. Synn is driven to help the souls that were lost believing he doomed them. Synn is
Jeannie Hardin
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love it!

I couldn't put the book. It was so entertaining to read.
The storyline kept you on edge and wanting more.
Merritt
Mar 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Inspired by Edgar Allan Poe’s short story “The Masque of the Red Death,” this novel, set in modern times, has historical and paranormal elements. The main character, Synn MacAllistair, began his life in the 1800’s. He is trapped in time, believing he doomed 73 souls by bringing the red death to their doorstep, killing them all. Synn’s character is driven to help the lost souls who are trapped in the Abbey crossover.

Synn believes Rena, the new owner of the Abbey, is the key to setting the ghosts
Dawn Kunda
Mar 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing

He sees her. He feels her-all over. Can he have her forever? Synn MacAllistair has found the woman of his dreams after only one hundred and fifty years.
Rena Mills flees her engagement and is determined to make a life of her own. She finds the beautiful Ashton Abbey in the chills of Nova Scotia, which is the perfect place for her bed and breakfast complete with a haunting of ghosts.
Rena is perfect for Synn’s mission. Through each step of the Pleasure Rooms, he can fulfill the ecstasy of a promis
Linda Andrews
Apr 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is an erotic romance that is quite a page turner! Determined to prove herself, Rena Mills wants to turn an abandoned abbey into a bed and breakfast. Except the abbey isn't exactly abandoned; it's full of ghosts that want to move on and it's Synn MacAllistair's job to help them. Caught between worlds, Synn must guide Rena through a series of pleasure rooms before time runs out.
Based on Edgar Allen Poe's The Masque of the Red Path, Masque is a sensual mix of intrigue, romance and the supernat
Jennifer Hendzlik
What if the guy who killed everyone off in Poe's Masque of the Red Death really wasn't a bad guy-he's just really really misunderstood. As the ghosts of all whom he is responsible for their death still haunt the castle, Synn knows that if he can convince one woman to experience the pleasure rooms of Ashton Abbey, it may help the ghosts cross over to the other side. Rena Mills has had it with the loser boyfriend who insisted that her desires were too depraved for words. Hoping to turn Ashton into ...more
Ashley
Apr 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book! If you don't read this, you're totally missing out! Just be warned,it has alot of hot scenes in it, but they are tastefully done. I read this book when it was first released and it remains one of my all time favorites. It's got everything I look for in a great PNR. Rena and Synn heat up the pages with each trip to the different pleasure rooms. I love the ghosts, well all but one, and the story gets better with every turn of the page. Lexi did an amazing job recreating Poe's origi ...more
Jeannie Platt
Mar 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotic
Masque is an interesting story which has a cursed abbey, a bunch of friendly ghosts, one creepy ass one, and one who isn't really a ghost but is "trapped". In order to set them free Rena must complete the pleasure rooms. I loved this story, Synn and Rena really heat up the pages. It is engaging, has mystery, romance, and salvation. Lexi Post does a wonderful job with this remake of a classic Poe Tale, I couldn't put it down once I started reading it.

* I won a copy of this book, the review is my
Dylan Newton
Nov 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Steaming HOT erotic romance with a neat plot. Hard to believe you can pull a romance out of Edgar Allen Poe's classic, "The Masque of the Red Death" and yet talented author Lexi Post manages to do just that! Her hero, Synn is delectable--makes me want to go find an old mansion and convert it to a B&B myself, LOL! If you like your romances with great plots, characterization and a mansion-full of steamy hot sex...than this is your book!

Loved "Masque"!
Tracey Parker
Apr 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I so loved this amazing story! I always wanted a great love story with ghosts. Although this was a little different, it had all the excitement, suspense, and oh so hot scenes! It was wonderfully written, flowed perfectly. Such a fun unique story! An absolute must read!
Gabrielle O'Sullivan
Faye Heuchert
rated it it was ok
Jun 28, 2016
Lexi Post
Jan 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Esha
India
Oct 31, 2016
A
Oct 31, 2016
Lexi Post is a New York Times and USA Today best-selling author of romance inspired by the classics. She spent years in higher education taking and teaching courses about the classical literature she loved. From Edgar Allan Poe's short story “The Masque of the Red Death” to Tolstoy’s War and Peace, she's read, studied, and taught wonderful classics.

But Lexi's first love is romance novels. In an ef