Start by marking “Silent Influencing - Employing Powerful Techniques for Influence and Leadership” as Want to Read:
Silent Influencing - Employing Powerful Techniques for Influence and Leadership

Silent Influencing - Employing Powerful Techniques for Influence and Leadership

3.17  ·  Rating details ·  180 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Are you tired of not getting your message across? Of not being heard? Of having your boss always ignoring you and your spouse not caring what you think?

Silent influencing is THE guide for you. It will enable you to change how you interact with others, how to influence them and how to lead to results. With Silent Influencing you will succeed.

It includes world proven techniq
Published December 26th 2012 by Michael Nir

Be the first to ask a question about Silent Influencing - Employing Powerful Techniques for Influence and Leadership

Davis
Nov 19, 2017 rated it did not like it
Brief, thank God.

The 2/3 of the volume that aren't advertising the author's other work are filled with information that is new and good. Unfortunately, the part that's good isn't new and the part that's new isn't good.
Vicky Connelly
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Useful reminders to remember when you want your voice to be heard and understood in a professional manner.
Katy M
Oct 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Very well presented useful information for anyone in a leadership role or hoping to get there.

Mr. Nir is articulate, knowledgeable and not boring. For me, the last is important as, no matter how interested I am in the subject, if it's boring I won't read it. He presents his information as if he is giving a spoken seminar and uses all the "tricks of the trade" one is supposed to when giving an oral presentation. His method translates well into the written word using visual aids, humor, inviting a
Haley Keller
Nov 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book is meant to teach you how to influence those around you by paying attention to their body language. It also gives tips on how to use your own body language in order to influence people to think a certain way.

Overall, I thought it was a good book. It's rather short, so it doesn't take long to read at all. Plus, I enjoy learning about body language and the influence it can have without us even realizing it. I will probably not put anything in the book into practice, especially since it's
Mary Glass
May 06, 2014 rated it it was ok
How is this not body language?

Because I am a flawed schmuck and yearn to believe improvement is possible for any of us I have a weakness for this genre that usually disappoints. As it did this time. Still, if you find yourself in a never-ending meeting, and who hasn't? Pick an exercise at random, just to see what happens. It beats watching the clock. The cartoons are charming but very stereotypical.
Ken
Jul 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Quick read worth the time

This was an interesting set of perspectives into the psychology of non verbal communication. A lot of the information seems like common sense, albeit not necessarily logical; however the reader can recognize much of what is described and will be able to apply the new knowledge.
Maria Miaoulis
Sep 20, 2014 rated it it was ok
Although I enjoy learning about nonverbal communication and how it can impact situations more so than verbal communication, I didn't much care for this book. There are many formatting and style errors that detract from the actual text. The illustrations though somewhat redeem the typos, but not by much.
Sheila Good
Aug 17, 2014 rated it liked it
If you are a person who enjoys a bit of innocent people watching, you might enjoy this book. A good explanation of our everyday body expressions and what they mean. How to recognize the silent influences, how to utilize, and maximize them in our personal and business life. A good informative read.
Nick Reichert
Oct 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Pretty quick read and some good ideas on interpersonal communications.
Dave
Dec 19, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned
Okay, but no real revelations. Might be worth going back to on occasion
Stephanie
Apr 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Considering this book was free, it's pretty good. I learned a lot about body language that I didn't know and nuances of the proper handshake.
Tom Hinkle
Oct 19, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: self-help
Good ideas. Basic "how to" steps in watching body language and how to utilize in your interaction with individuals.
Rachael Southward
Apr 01, 2014 rated it did not like it
Dumb

Dumb

it was boring to me and I didn't like it at all, and I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. hope this helped some ppl
Chuck Hitt
Apr 26, 2016
James Emerson
Oct 07, 2015
Julie
rated it did not like it
Feb 15, 2015
Nov 15, 2014
Stephen
Aug 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Energize: Ignite Passion and Performance with User Friendly Brain Tools (Positive Change by Retraining the Brain)
  • The 7 Secrets of the Prolific: The Definitive Guide to Overcoming Procrastination, Perfectionism, and Writer's Block
  • How to Find A Job: When There Are No Jobs A Necessary Job Search and Career Planning Guide for Today's Job Market (Find A Job Series)
  • 30 Days of Relaxation: Fun Meditations for a Stress Free Life (Relaxation Meditation)
  • Stress Busters (Stress Management Techniques) How to use stress to your advantage, beat burnout, and accomplish anything - on your terms
  • Lifehacks: 63 Ways to Save Money, Improve Time Management, Produce Great Work, and Increase Productivity (Guides for Lifehackers and Productivity Enthusiasts)
  • 31 Days To A Clean And Organized Home:  How To Organize, Clean, And Keep Your Home Spotless
  • Boost: Create Good Habits Using Psychology and Technology
  • Business in Blue Jeans: How to Have a Successful Business on Your Own Terms, in Your Own Style
  • Secrets of Lemon Rediscovered: 50 Plus Recipes for Skin Care, Hair Care, Home and Laundry Cleaning along with Lemonade, Vegan, Curd, Cookies, Cakes and Desserts
  • How To Lose 10 Pounds In A Week - The Ultimate 7 Day Weight Loss Kick Start
  • Kick Your Fat in the Nuts
  • Work 2.0. Nowhere to Hide
  • The Clean Home: Step by Step Guide to Keep Your Home Clean, Organized and Spotless;60 Non-Toxic DIY Cleaners and Stain Removal Formulas
  • Adopting The Minimalist Mindset: How To Live With Less, Downsize, And Get More Fulfillment From Life
  • Purple Squirrel: Stand Out, Land Interviews and Master the Modern Job Market

$7.99 $1.99
    $27.99 $2.99
  • Waiter Rant: Thanks for the Tip-Confessions of a Cynical Waiter
    $8.74 $1.99
  • Dakota: A Spiritual Geography (Dakotas)
  • Restless: Because You Were Made for More
    $7.99 $1.99
  • A. Lincoln
  • Tracks: One Woman's Journey Across 1,700 Miles of Australian Outback
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Dark Matter and the Dinosaurs: The Astounding Interconnectedness of the Universe
    $9.74 $1.99
    $9.49 $1.99
  • Edgar Allan Poe: The Fever Called Living
  • The Road to Jonestown: Jim Jones and Peoples Temple
    $12.99 $2.99
“Men make history, and not the other way around. In periods where there is no leadership, society stands still. Progress occurs when courageous, skillful leaders seize the opportunity to change things for the better.               --Harry S Truman” 3 likes