Start by marking “Taken by Him (The Billionaire's Club #2)” as Want to Read:
Taken by Him (The Billionaire's Club #2)

Taken by Him

(The Billionaire's Club #2)

The Billionaires Club: The wealthiest, most powerful men, not only in Chicago, but in the world.  They are used to having whatever they want, whenever they want it.

Luke Preston is the ultimate playboy among his billionaire friends.  Every bad girl in Chicago has surrendered in his bed.  Some good girls, too.  But when he ends up in the hospital after an assassination
Published May 28th 2013 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Taken by Him, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taken by Him

Start your review of Taken by Him (The Billionaire's Club #2)
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾

Sex appeal oozed from his pores so powerfully Peyton almost felt assaulted. He was all Greek god, do-me-now-or-kill-me-now sexy.

I went into this novella with very little expectations. I mean what can you really expect from 112 pages? When it's written by Red Garnier, quite a bit actually.

I wanted a quick and steamy little read and I got that. What I also got was great characterization, an interesting story, HOT AS HELL sex scenes, and even a few laughs.

I don't usually enjoy novellas too much
Geri Reads
Jun 25, 2013 rated it it was ok
ARC provided by St. Martin's Paperbacks via NetGalley

Admittedly, this is one hot little number. If you want some good old hot story, then this is a book for you. Other than that, it offered nothing really special. Same old cliche. Billionaire playboy meets desperate TSTL heroine. Our heroine just wants to have "no-strings-attached" affair. Take note of this folks because like most TSTL heroines in contemporary romance, when she says no-strings-attached sex she actually meant the opposite.

They
Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~
Jun 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, need-to-review
Can you have a believable HEA with great three dimentional characters and lots of hot sex in only 100 pages? Well, I doubt it, but this comes pretty darn close.

Luke is the consummate playboy. Rich billionaire (you know how we love those), always ready for a party, never has the same woman on his arm. He's not your typical dark and brooding hero, damaged by his past. He's more like the hot frat guy you knew in college who just never had to grow up. He gets a wake-up call in the form of a bullet
Janey
May 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series, netgalley
ARC supplied by St Martins via NetGalley

We catch up with Luke Preston on his recuperation after being shot by a jealous boyfriend, whilst being caught in the act.

We were introduced to Luke, the cocky, arrogant, billionaire, blonde, party-god, in the 1st book of this series. We had a peak at his state of the art, fuck pad, including female spoken security control system, which gave us an idea of his attitude to life.

He is surrounded by his friends in the hospital room (he owns the building, by
Sammy ⭐️
May 29, 2013 rated it liked it
ARC Supplied by St Martins via Netgalley

This is the second book in the billionaire series where we get to know Luke and Payton.

Luke Preston is the ultimate playboy among his billionaire friends until he gets shot by a jealous lover and decides it time to take a little time out in Cancun that's where he meets Payton.

Payton Lane has always been serious and responsible but now she's determined to have some fun on her vacation in Cancun and decided to make a proposal to Luke for a holiday
Mariℓina
Sep 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Like in the first book i had such a good time reading this one..
Ok Luke Preston is HOT..
Like burning down the place hot!!

And Peyton is great too.. I like her.. She didn't bother me.. She was smart and cute a real woman with an important career and a fun and loving side..

I like this series of books because they have enough drama to put you in a state o mind, but everything turns out good quickly..

The sex is great hot and the story progresses fast and with funny elements.. Quick and good read..
Rose
May 13, 2013 rated it did not like it
Initial reaction: How do I begin to write a proper review for this book? I think the long and short of my reflection is that this collective book wasn't my cup of tea. It's not so much one of those steamy, evocative reads as it is a throwing of every possible erotic cliche you could think of and then some. The characters themselves are stereotypes, the situations are stereotypes, it's so over the top. The dialogue had me laughing and blushing because I mentally said "I can't believe this book is ...more
Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer*
When I read the first book in the series, I was instantly more curious about Luke. I just have a thing for those playboys who think they will never be captured and then watching them turn to mush when it happens, lol. Luke was no disappointment.

This series has been really good. I accidentally wrote my review out of order, but I've read three books so far and they seem to get better and better. Some short stories seem to be too rushed, but this series actually comes out well developed and the
Giovanni
Apr 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
I've just read some books by this author and now I conclude that this author def can write a sexy hot scenes so I won't complaining or comment about those scene anymore.

This book is about Luke Preston. The billionaire playboy. When I read a book about Graves, I was curious to read about Luke because he's sooo funny and naughty. Sadly, in his own story, it seemed he lost his character. Couldn't feel him.

3.5 stars.
Talltree
Jun 11, 2015 marked it as no-dnf-zzz-avoid
Blurb makes H sound like an uber manho. Not interested
 B.E.Love
May 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
4 1/2 stars
I loved book one, I loved the idea that the couple knew each other for years and that he was her brothers best friend. So though I knew I wanted to read this book I was pretty positive I wouldn't like book two Taken by Him or the rest in the series as much. Boy was I wrong, wrong, wrong. I loved this book, from the beginning to the end this book was fantastic. I wish the book was longer but only because this book was so good, and I really wish this book had an epilogue but only
Reader
May 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
HE'S MET HIS MATCH

After reading the excellent first story in this series Claimed by Him: A Billionaire's Club Story (The Billionaire's Club). I was keen to read this book featuring Luke Preston, he's a billionaire playboy, arrogant, spoiled with a giant size ego amongst other things!

Luke has been caught with his pants down, literally, by the boyfriend of the woman he was having sex with. The guy pulled a gun and shot Luke, he's the walking miracle the bullet missed ending his life by a whisper.
Michelle
Jun 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
ARC courtesy of St. Martins Press and NetGalley

Luke is the playboy - never the same woman twice and he is working hard at screwing his way through all the single, and not so single ladies of Chicago. That is until he is shot and is forced to take a break from his lifestyle to lay low for a bit.

Peyton is all business all the time, but on a beach for a vacation she wants to let go and have fun. But four days into her time away and nothing has caught her eye...Until she sees him. The next three
Jill
May 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is my first Red Garnier book and it will not be my last.
I read for pleasure and Taken By Him was a sexy little book to satisfy my reading needs.
Luke Preston is hiding out on a holiday after somebody attempted to murder him. He is a billionaire playboy, not used to having to do things he doesn't want to do. He is supposed to be laying low....all goes to plan until he literally falls over Peyton Lane.
Peyton is on a well deserved holiday, on her own.
When these two get together the agree on a
Megan  ~The Never Ending Book Basket
I loved every bit of this novella. It was fun, steamy as all get out, and it's definitely sweat me up in a great story. I love getting to see a different side to Luke, I loved getting to know Peyton, and feeling how fierce their feelings and connection was, was seriously incredible. This was a quick and for filling read, and if you loved the first novella in this series, you will absolutely love this one. It never gets old seeing a character find exactly where they need to be, and this novella ...more
Sep 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
When Luke Preston appeared in the first book in this series 'Claimed by Him' he came across as a manwhore. At the beginning of this book we find out just how much of one he is...

He lives a charmed life. He's a billionaire and has had many, many women. This book starts with Luke in hospital after he was shot by the crazy ex of the latest woman he was in bed with. His friends urge him to get out of Chicago for a while and recupperate from his wounds.

Peyton Lane has always been serious and
Emily McGee
Jul 31, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: net-galley
First off, this is a very quick read. Now, I have enjoyed my fair share of short books, and some can get a complete story told. However, Taken by Him did not quite do it for me. It has a good premise, and I enjoy the concept of the series overall, I just wish the author would expand and give the stories and characters more depth. Rather than give more background to the characters and their lives before meeting each other, the story is based on their purely physical attraction to one another. I ...more
Kelly
Jul 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs-read
***ARC received through netgalley***

This is a short romance. It was a quick read who turned out to be really enjoyable. At first, I despised Luke Preston because of his arrogant and cocky attitude. The guy has been shot because he slept with the wrong girl but he acts like he doesn't even care that if he keeps acting like that, he's going to get himself killed.

Peyton and him met on a beach at Cancun. She wanted a hot guy to have sex with him while she's on vacation. Lucky her,
Stephanie
Sep 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult, series, romance
Im not disappointed once again. If you think that a book with less than 150 pages is boring, friend, you got issues. Because books with those 150 or less pages are the ones with more action. Yes, they escalated quickly and doesnt have too many descriptions, but thats awesome for me. This book is totally worth it.

This time we see the playboy billionaire, Luke Preston, falling in the arms of love. He didnt see it coming, but there it was. Her name is Peyton Lane, the most exotic chick from his
Dana aka ♥Belladonna♥

The second installment in The Billionaire's Club series, Taken by Him is a short story/serial about two people who start an anonymous affair while on vacation but end up wanting more.

Luke is a sex-obsessed billionaire playboy who never has sex with the same woman twice. Peyton is an intelligent, successful woman with no time for dating. She hasn't had sex in two years. Constantly having to prove herself in a male dominated industry, she has precious little time for a social life. They meet in
Linda
Arc provided by Net Galley for an honest review..

Oh my , fantastic erotic read!

Luke Preston , millionaire womanizer , finds himself in Cancun, 60 days celibate and recooperating from a near fatal gun shot wound. Peyton Lane is in Cancun on a much needed vacation and hoping to have a fling. These two people meet and have the most most incredible sexual weekend fling, but walking away at the end was much harder than Peyton expected.

Luke , well he figured walking away would be a breeze , once home
Babus
May 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Luke is a playboy and Peyton plays it safe. When they meet on the beach in Mexico, everything changes. It starts out as a fling and then turns into.....what? This book was much more than I expected! I enjoyed the truthfulness in the characters' perspectives. The author gives us the opportunity to get to know the characters, which is so important to being invested in a book. I can't wait to read the other books in this collection an to get to know the author more! 4 out of 5! ...more
Amy
May 22, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2readseries

Enjoyed this one more than the first one. Still a lot of over the top moments and little character development but it was a quick, sexy read.

3.5/5 stars
Rebecca
Jun 01, 2013 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this story a lot more then the first. Very quick read for me and it was good I will plan on reading these on the future
Teri
Jun 18, 2013 rated it liked it
SPOILER ALERT

I didn't expect Luke to fall so easily. I thought his sex would be more kinky. There was too much sex and not enough story. I missed not having the other guys in the book more.
Tina Welsh
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hot, quick read. It left me wanting a little more.
Kathy Davie
Jun 24, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, erotica
Second in The Billionaire's Club erotic romance series. The couple focus is on Luke Preston and Peyton Lane.

This is an ARC provided by the publisher.

My Take
It's overly melodramatic and rides roughshod over the reader. Garnier is determined you'll know just how mad, bad, and dangerous it is to know Luke Preston. And she goes full bore with his oversized ego and whining. He's the alpha male who's stuck in kindergarten. Which did not make for a sexy read. Not for me.

This story rages back and forth,
Jeannie Zelos
May 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Taken by Him: A Billionaire's Club Story Red Garnier.

ARC supplied by Netgalley.
The Billionaire's Club is a series new to me, and although there's already one book out each are stand alone so it was no problem to read this not having read book one. The books share characters and this one is about one of the members, Luke Preston. Playboy Luke has been shot by a jealous lover, and the police have yet to capture him so his friends persuade him to lay low for a while and take a sex break. Unheard
Lisa
May 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
Taken by Him by Red Garnier is the second book in the Billionaires Club series.

This book is about Luke Preston, the playboy/manwhore we met in the first book (Claimed by Him) and a new character, Peyton Lane.

Peyton is a dark haired beauty on vacation from her career at an investment firm. While on vacation at the Riviera Maya beach resort in Mexico, Luke and Peyton meet. And they fall in lust with each other and agree to have a fling until Peyton's flight leaves (because, of course, we all
April
Jul 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
First off, this is a quick, hot read.
Luke Preston is a billionaire from Chicago who is smart, charming, and quite the playboy. He was shot while sleeping with another man's woman. After recovering, his friends think he needs to lay off on and manage to talk him into going out of town for a while because they are afraid the shooter will try again. It would give the police a chance to find the guy.
Peyton Lane is a businesswoman who hasn't had many relationships. Her personal life is
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Grand Banks Café (Maigret, #9)
  • Prologue to Murder (Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery, #2)
  • Murder on Cape Cod (Cozy Capers Book Group Mystery, #1)
  • Death Before Decaf (A Java Jive Mystery, #1)
  • Murder on the Trans-Siberian Express (Porfiry Rostnikov, #14)
  • Brewed Awakening
  • The Mystery of 31 New Inn
  • The Ghost and the Bogus Bestseller (Haunted Bookshop Mystery, #6)
  • Death at Victoria Dock (Phryne Fisher, #4)
  • Murder in the First Edition (Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery, #3)
  • A Negotiated Marriage (Convenient Marriages, #1; Negotiated Marriage, #1)
  • Mine
  • Beauty and the Billionaire (Billionaire Boys Club, #2)
  • Lady Fortescue Steps Out (Poor Relation, #1)
  • The Wedding Date Bargain (The Wedding Date #2)
  • The Fury (The Vampire Diaries, #3)
  • Dark Reunion (The Vampire Diaries, #4)
  • The Struggle (The Vampire Diaries, #2)
Red Garnier is an erotic romance author whose first book released from Ellora's Cave Publishing in May 2007 to receive a Fallen Angel Recommended Read.

She writes fun and sexy erotic contemporaries as well as paranormals, which can range from dark and emotionally intense, to witty and fun and sweet as cherries! Whatever she's writing at the time, Red loves to sit down with her characters and let

The Billionaire's Club (5 books)
  • Claimed by Him (The Billionaire's Club, #1)
  • Bound by Him (The Billionaire's Club #3)
  • Kept by Him (The Billionaire's Club #4)
  • Bared by Him: (The Billionaire's Club #5)

News & Interviews

Well, here we all are, sheltering in place, buying canned beans, and generally trying to figure out how to stay inside and keep our minds busy....