Start by marking “My Lady Quicksilver (London Steampunk, #3)” as Want to Read:
My Lady Quicksilver (London Steampunk, #3)

My Lady Quicksilver

(London Steampunk #3)

Determined to destroy the Echelon she despises, Rosalind Fairchild is on seemingly easy mission. Get in. Uncover the secrets of her brother's disappearance. And get out.

In order to infiltrate the Nighthawks and find their leader, Sir Jasper Lynch, Rosalind will pose as their secretary. But she doesn't count on Lynch being such a dangerously charismatic man, challenging her
Mass Market Paperback, 425 pages
Published October 1st 2013 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about My Lady Quicksilver, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Lady Quicksilver

Start your review of My Lady Quicksilver (London Steampunk, #3)
Lana Reads
Aug 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Holy mother of slow burn and vampires, that was awesome.

I want to write so much and at the same time I don't think I want to, because this book made me emotional, in a good way, and I don't want to spoil it with my words. The author brought together two impossible characters and made them fall in love with each other slowly, but deeply - and she made it so naturally, I couldn't get enough of it!!

I wanted to devour the story as quickly as possible - and yet I didn't want it to end, because it was
Jill
Sep 25, 2013 rated it really liked it

Sir Jasper Lynch, Master of the Guild of Nighthawks, has three weeks to find Mercury, the leader of the humanist movement responsible for a recent bombing attack against the Echelon. Rosalind Fairchild's younger brother, Jeremy was caught up in the bombing and has now disappeared. Applying for the position as secretary to Lynch may be just the way in to access any information on Jeremy's whereabouts and fate.

This is yet another thoroughly entertaining instalment in the London Steampunk series. B
Birjis
I'm so happily soaked in gothic fantastical read that I don't want to leave it. After reading 3 books, this series is still getting better. This installment brings another forbidden romance between a police (Nighthawks) and an assassin (a humanist). As talentful Bec McMaster is, this plot has secrets, conflicts and hot romance which is weaved with awe-inspiring scenes. I was immerced.

Rosalind, aka Mercury is the leader of humanists who disguises herself as a secretary to find the whereabouts of
Roobie
⭐️5 stars⭐️

I've seen revenge. So many times and in so many different ways. I've pulled the bodies out of the Thames and arrested hysterical wives or husbands.

Revenge is a cold, lonely place, and it consumes a person until there is nothing else left but bitterness and ashes.
And it always affects so many more than the people involved.

I knew I'd love Rosalind and Lynch! My favorite so far.

Saint Monique
5 buttons stars

First read: 8. Oct 17
Re-read: 17 Jul 18

I'm finally continuing with this series and I needed to refresh my memory. The only thing I can say is that I'm still hopelessly in love with Lynch. Yes, right now he is on the very top of the list of my book boyfriends!

My original review

I am in love with this series, I truly am! First two books were great and amazing and wonderful but this one was just more everything.

First, I had my doubts about Rosalind considering I didn't particularly li
Celestine
Celebrating the big 5-0-0, plus 9 and 18 and 1 and 5 and 2.
I am so happy that my 500th goodreads review is the 9th book I've read in the past 18 months by the singular Bec McMaster, and that it was a 5-star read featuring perhaps my favorite couple yet crafted by this author.

Oh, to relive the sublime state that is Rosalind Fairchild and Sir Jasper Lynch together on a page. She, of the slick fighting moves and humanist motives no matter the cost, and he, of the cold blood, cold eyes and silent in
Fathima
5 'tis buttons are gonna be the death of me' stars

Lynch speared a hand into her hair with a sharp hiss. “I should take my belt to you for this.” He spilled her back into the chair, his body driving hers into the soft cushions. His eyes were black again but she wasn’t afraid. Not this time. She knew exactly what sort of hunger she’d aroused in him.
She was winning.
“Would you like that, my lord?” She arched her back, sliding her hands up his chest.“Would you like me to bend over your desk and
Gwen (The Gwendolyn Reading Method)
I'm such a sucker for this series. And no, I did not intend the pun... damn steampunk vampire books...
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
McMaster has a particular talent with words. She weaves such detailed and intricate scenes that it seems almost impossible not to feel immerged in her world. Such rich, lush backgrounds and multi-faceted characters make her stand out amongst a sea of talented writers. Plot twists here and there only add that shock factor and don't forget the epic romances that she is able to create!

Read this review in its entirety at Fresh Fiction
Ursula
This was pretty good, actually, although I was sure I wasn't going to like it given the protagonists, who we met in the previous book. But they ended up being terrific, strong characters with genuine, noble motivations. They also had a wonderful chemistry.
Now, if only I could get past all that blood-drinking nonsense.....
I repeat: vampires are NOT SEXY!
Ami
A couple of days after I finished and I wonder if I can write a more coherent review (compared to my original review that only screams that I LOVE THIS).

One thing for sure, I rated Heart of Iron with 5* because I loved the hero, I loved the heroine, and I loved the additional player that made the arc more complicated. HOWEVER, I must say that My Lady Quicksilver would definitely be the better book, and my FAVORITE yet of the series -- and why I also gave it five stars.

What made this better? The
Lauren
My Lady Quicksilver
4.5 Stars

Rosalind Fairchild, aka Mercury, the leader of the humanist opposition, infiltrates the Nighthawks (the Echelon’s law enforcement arm) by posing as their commander’s new secretary in order to discover the whereabout of her younger brother. Sir Jasper Lynch, head of the Nighthawks, has suffered both discrimination and betrayal, but finds it impossible to resist the charms of the indomitable Mrs. Marberry despite his wariness and lack of trust.

Once again, McMaster prov
Kira

I would have liked this better if Rosalind's ruse was more believable. Lynch was incredibly astute. He would have figured it out much earlier. Aside from that I really liked this especially considering that I was invested in either character in the beginning.
Susan (susayq ~)
Oh my! I loved this one! In my humble opinion, the best of the series. Sir Jasper Lynch, THE Nighthawk, was the type of hero I adore. He was strong, handsome, protective, and guarded his heart and his secrets until Rosa got to him. Rosa's secrets were more dangerous than his, and my heart broke a little more each time I saw them getting closer, knowing it would kill him when he finally found out.

This had me captivated so much that it wasn't until I finished the book that I realized we didn't eve
-ya
4.5-stars
I think the series is best read in order, as the world building, characters and stories are mostly interconnected.

Leader of the revolutionists, Rosa is a trained assassin fighting for the powerless, and the oppressed.

Head of the Nighthawks ( chief of detectives for Echelon), Lynch is a strictly controlled, cunning hero who doesn’t necessarily play by the rules.

He hunts her. She deceives him.

Lynch: “I rarely sin, and when I do, it is completely intentional. I have no need of saving.”
Dina
Great writing, engaging characters and excellent take on the steampunk and the paranormal genres. This series just gets better and better.
alicat ♡➹♡
I loved this book! I mean hello, look at Rosalind she is super awesome. I thought she was definitely intriguing in the last book, and in this one she reveals herself. She is much more empathetic and feeling on the inside despite her frosty exterior when she plays Mercury, the humanist leader and criminal. (view spoiler)

Jasper Lynch is the leader of the Nighthawks
Katie
I didn't mean to take nearly 3 years to get back to this series--it's one I've often thought about picking up again!--but I am BACK IN.

McMaster's writing is SO HOT. I was worried at times about the lying aspect of the secret identity, but it all worked out okay for me.

(Already started the novella that comes next!)
Beth
Mar 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
In a desperate attempt to find her brother, Rosalind Fairchild decides the best way to discover what happened to him is to apply for the position of secretary to Sir Jasper Lynch (leader of the nighthawks). Entering the enemies den with only her wits to protect her, she quickly discovers that the black and white vision of the world she created is all shades of gray...

I have to admit, I was a little hesitant about this book veering away from previously featured main characters. I did miss that no
Jess the Romanceaholic
Review: My Lady Quicksilver - Bec McMaster This is a Quickie Review. For the full review, please visit The Romanceaholic.

Expected Release Date: October 1, 2013Publisher: SourcebooksImprint: CasablancaAuthor’s Website: http://www.becmcmaster.com/My Source for This Book: NetgalleyPart of a Series: Yes, Book 3, London Steampunk SeriesSeries Best Read In Order: Probably, but would stand well on its own.Steam Level: HotPet Peeves: Adultery/Infidelity (Sort Of, Minor)Favorite Tropes: Enemies To Lover
Sunny
Jul 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I LOVED it. I would read it again tomorrow.

My Lady Quicksilver is book 3 in Bec McMaster's London Steampunk series. I simply love this series! First a rebel, then a shape shifter verwulfen, and now Ms. McMasters gives us a law man. This story is so delicious it made me giddy with happiness. What's not to like? You have two "outsiders" who represent the extremes of the system - one, a female rebel looking to disrupt the strict caste system, and the other, a man of law and order but not one of the
Lynsey   (A Bookish Life)
Oh.

I'm wearing my sad face at the moment because I don't want to be here giving a Bec McMaster book 2 stars. Especially directly after giving the last one I read - Heart of Iron - 5 stars. But I am so disappointed in this one!

Essentially, everything I loved about books one and two - the sweet, tortured heroes, the feisty yet soft heroines, the perfectly executed buildup of sexual tension - was missing. Both Rosa and Lynch were such different types of characters to what McMaster normally delivers
K.
7/4/2017
Yeah, pretty much everything I said last time. I liked the politics on reread more than I did the first time around. But the whole seducing-him-as-Mercury-and-Rosa thing was...weird? And I kept being like "Uh. Lynch? You're meant to be this amazing investigator who solves all kinds of badass cases. And yet you can't tell that you're making out with the same woman??

I mean, I know he doesn't suspect that it's the same woman. But surely at SOME point, you'd be like "Hang on a second. This
Mei
Sep 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
WOW!!!

I thought Blade and Honoria's story, but this one is even better!

We met Rosalind in the previous book where she was the almost-villain. Here we find out why she did what she did in Heart of Iron. She's a mech and when I found out how she became it it was heart-breaking. She's hard, seemingly without feelings, but it is all an illusion. On the inside she's terrified, wounded and full of anger - a very justified anger.

Jasper Lynch is The Nighthawk. A tightly reined blue blood, who's fightin
Iliada
Sep 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Amazing hero and heroine, truly. But the fact that the hero liked two women at the same time, despite the fact that they were one and the same in reality, felt too much like cheating to me. For this reason, I wasn't able to fully enjoy this otherwise wonderful book.
Julie (Jewlsbookblog)
I’ll admit it..I wasn’t expecting to like this book mainly due to Rosalind’s role. Go figure, this would be my favorite in the series! Rosalind redeemed herself, causing my brain to rethink her deceptiveness. She was smart, sarcastic, and witty all of which made it hard not to like her. And then there’s Jasper. He was a wonderfully brooding and intelligent hero I easily found myself falling for! And the romance.. The romance was by far the sexiest of the series so far. Paired with witty banter, ...more
Pamela Sparkman
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This one was my favorite of the series so far. I loved it to bits. Every word.
Melindeeloo
4.5 stars - I really liked this enemies to lovers romance between the head of the Nighthawks (Blue Blood 'police') Lynch and the leader of the human resistance Rosalind (Rosa). They are both so controlled initially - him icily and her wickedly - that the tension between them (in both of her guises) is very intense as is the physical part of their relationship when they finally come together.

It was interesting to see another part of the London Steampunk world in this story - with just a minor app
Laura (Kyahgirl)
3.5/5; 4 stars; B+

I was pleased to see this book on Hoopla so had a chance to listen while doing yard work. Alison Larkin has a voice well suited to the slightly odd British voices.

Anyway, this was a pretty good addition to the series. I was a bit baffled by Mercury's behaviour at times but it was fun to see Jasper Lynch meet his nemesis and find some happiness.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Feb 22, 2015 11:53AM

• Prince of Hearts (The Elders and Welders Chronicles, #1)
  • The Silver Skull (Elemental Steampunk Chronicles, #2)
  • The Golden Spider (Elemental Steampunk Chronicles, #1)
  • Shadowdance (Darkest London, #4)
  • Thief of Hearts (The Elders and Welders Chronicles, #3)
  • A Dark Heart (The Elders and Welders Chronicles #2)
  • Riveted (Iron Seas, #3)
  • Heart of Steel (Iron Seas, #2)
  • The Kraken King  (Iron Seas, #4)
  • Winterblaze (Darkest London, #3)
  • Entwined (Darkest London, #3.5)
  • Evernight (Darkest London, #5)
  • Soulbound (Darkest London, #6)
  • The Iron Duke (Iron Seas, #1)
  • Moonglow (Darkest London, #2)
  • Forevermore (Darkest London, #7)
  • Here There Be Monsters (Iron Seas, #0.5)
  • Firelight (Darkest London, #1)
Kidnapped by a dread pirate when she was a child, USA Today Bestselling Author Bec McMaster was raised on myth and legend, and offered her younger siblings to the goblin king many a time. Unfortunately, he did not accept.

Now she writes epic fantasy romance with a dark and sexy twist, which is almost as much fun. She has a secret weakness for villainous heroes, wicked fae princes and dangerous vamp

London Steampunk (5 books)
  • Kiss of Steel (London Steampunk, #1)
  • Heart of Iron (London Steampunk, #2)
  • Forged by Desire (London Steampunk, #4)
  • Of Silk and Steam (London Steampunk, #5)