Start by marking “Cake” as Want to Read:
Cake

Cake

Would you be willing to make a mess of your life to get exactly what you want?

Kylie Lord has known Trent Moss and Dray Savage since college. Trent, the smart and kind-hearted humanitarian has had her heart from the moment they met, but someone else always has his. Dray is an arrogant professional football player who happens to be Trent’s best friend and Kylie’s nemesis “w
Kindle Edition, First Edition, 249 pages
Published August 1st 2013 by nicolereedbooks

Start your review of Cake
Christy
Feb 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
4-4.5 Stars!!!

photo 0b7c65e4-fa32-4648-9dce-f2548cb99d6f_zps6499c554.jpg

Kylie Lord has been in love with Trent Moss for years. They met in college and have been best friends ever since. Trent has only ever treated Kylie as a best friend/sister. Besides his foster brother, Dray, Kylie is the only real family Trent has. Trent is everything Kylie could ever want in a man.
Trent Moss, a kind, caring, loyal humanitarian with a tortured past that give him depth and understanding.

Kylie hasn’t dated much in the last few years. How can she when she is
LZ
Shelves: books
***5 FANTASTIC, I LAUGHED-MY-ASS-OFF, REFRESHING STARS***

First, If you've read Nicole Reed's Ruining Series and you think you have her pegged…. THINK AGAIN. She is FUNNY people! I'm talking about wiping tears and straight up guffaws coming out of me!!! There is so much wit, humor and one liners in this book I almost highlighted the entire thing!

Honestly, I loved all of these characters! Nicole Reed has a talent for creating heroines that I ACTUALLY LIKE! To me, these are two very different, but
Kirsten P
Apr 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I gotta chose?

NFL SUPER HOTTIE DRAY ❤ ❤ Or ❤ ❤ SEXY HUMANITARIAN TRENT

Nicole Reed, you have blown me away once again with this story. Your writing just gets better and better.
♥Trish♥
Jul 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: book-battle
Ending was so abrupt. After all the story we got what should of been the best part of the book cut off....

Good story with an even better love triangle, but the author left to much out. There was so much story detail throughout the book, to have that ending is very upsetting.
Lise *friends don't flag*
4 Cake-O-Licious stars!
description

What does one do on a Saturday night after you go to sleep? You wake up, eat cake and read this book straight through... well that is what I did!

The way Nicole Reed wrote this love triangle story was so engaging that I simply could not put it down until I finished. The characters were fun, funny and so likeable. This story had just the right amount of angst and the perfect amount of hot steaming love. I could feel the electricity between Kylie and Dray and it was exciting
Jen
Aug 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book was a pleasant surprise! I loved each and every character, even though I wanted to punch a few of them on more than one occasion. The ending came as a little bit of a shock but I loved it!

As much as I adored these two men *cough*mostly Dray*cough* I was left with just one question at the end. Where can I find a BFF like Mads?
Kirsty
Shelves: read-in-2013, arc
Once again Nicole Reed has blown me away. I feel like it has been an honour to watch her writing develop and grow from strength to strength. I was already a big fan of her Ruining series, so of course when I knew she was writing a new book I would be all over that. Turns out I was right to be so excited.. Cake was amazing.
"You need a good ole freaky sexing. Someone who doesn't care to bend you over, lick it wet, and whisper dirty nothings in your ear."

We all know that the Ruining se
Chris- Bookaddict
Jan 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 +++++++++++ AMAZING STARS !!!!!!!

When Nicole asked me if I wanted an ARC copy of Cake I jumped on it. I knew it would be an amazing story and she did not disappoint me at all. If you have read Nicole’s First two books Ruining You and Ruining Me you are in for a real surprise because this one is NOTHING , I repeat NOTHING like those two books. This is A totally different kind of story BUT an AMAZING one for sure.

Everyone of the characters in this book I loved. Nicole truly knows how to get you
Jessica Florence
Holy hell.. Ok, OK, I think I am good to talk about this now.

This one hell of a ride. Hillarious! I loved it, But woah.

You think you know what will happen then BAM! Nope you are wrong!

I was like WTH!! Noo! Seriously! But in the end it was happy, and worked out.

That is really all I can say without going into every single detail of the book, because I will.

Tough Critic Book Reviews
All relationships should be built around an asshole...

If I were to break it down and outline the plot, Cake sounds like an amazing book. However, it lacked something in the execution. It was that something that kept a good book from being a great book. It had some amazing sexual tension, but it ended too soon, way too soon.

I love when a romantic relationship is built around an asshole.

Not asshole the orifice, but someone falling for an asshole. What I'm trying to say is that the sexual tension
Michelle
Aug 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
"Bad decisions always make a good story."

Kylie Lord is in love with Trent Moss and has been for the last seven years. But Trent has never given her any signs that he feels the same way - and Kylie has always kept quiet about her feelings. Trent is the greatest man she knows. He is selfless and has made a life for himself that is centered around making positive changes in the worst parts of the world. He is her perfect man. But he loves her like a sister.

Trent grew up without a family - all
Trina
Feb 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
LMAO, HYSTERICAL 5 HOT STARS!
Nicole Reed outdoes herself in this story of love, life and friendship. I laughed, cried and OH SHIT!....till the very end.
Strong cast of characters to swoon over.....sighhhh, Dray!!! I just wanted to bite him!! Kylie is strong and determined along with her crazy best friend Madison, and lets not forget Trent.....hmmmmm!!!
Although this book is NOT a cliffhanger, I do hope that Nicole Reed continues on with maybe a story about Madison, I just loved her. "Hey Skittle
Jennifer Kyle
Feb 06, 2013 rated it liked it
3 1/2 - 4 stars -- fun love triangle abrupt ending. Review to come ((:
Ela
Feb 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful story about discovery, love, friendship, and pain! You rocked Nicole with Cake!
Adriana
Holy crap I loved this book, firstly i would like to Thank my friends and Author of this amazing book for giving me the honor of reading and reviewing an ARC of CAKE. This is the third book of Nicole's that i have read and damm if i loved them all.

Nicole has a talent for sucking you into the book and making you not want to put it down until you have finished the last page and that is how i was with this one, i ended up finishing it at midnight after reading it all day. From the start it held me
Vickie***
Feb 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
I started reading this book thinking it was going to be a light read. It wasn't a life changing book, but it sure did get really dramatic in the end.

There were some interesting decisions that were made... I would say

It's really obvious from the blurb that Dray and Kylie are going to hook up. Of course, it starts out with it just being sex and then ir progresses to feelings.

Kylie has been in love with Trent for a super long time, but the involvement with Dray caused her to sway feelings.

When Tren
Crissy
Jul 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
“Cake” was absolutely amazing. Author Nicole Reed has completely blown me away with this book. I absolutely loved both “Ruining Me” and “Ruining You” and this book does not disappoint. I loved it! Kylie has been in love with Trent since she laid eyes on him in college. The only problem is that he has always looked at her as a friend and his foster brother Dray is there to torture her along the way. Madison is Kylie’s best friend who has witnessed all of what she feels is Kylie’s obsession with T ...more
Larissa Horton
Mar 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Nicole Reed does it again….. I thought I knew what to expect given the Ruining Me and Ruining You books boy was I wrong.

I was prepared to be upset and to cry and go through tons of angst but I wasn’t expecting to be laughing for majority of this book… I seriously LOVED it from beginning to almost end. It was REAL. It was emotional and the sex was HAWT….. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book……

I just have one question can you send me Dray like for reals….. seriously I WANT HIM……
Dawn
Aug 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.5-4 Stars
I liked the story..enjoyed the angst and friendships..but I felt rushed. I felt like the author (love her) took the story fast forward sometimes and just assumed that a sentence to catch up a month or 2 years would suffice. Especially the ending..I wanted more..I'm guessing there is going to be another book, because it wasn't finished? Right?
Ena May - Swoon Worthy Books/Enticing Journey Book Promotions
Nicole has done it again with me. There has never been a book that was created in her mind and put on paper that I didn’t love and wouldn’t rave about. Cake is much different than her Ruining Me and Ruining You series. She brings us a wonderful story about finding yourself in the world and realizing that what you want is not always what you need. It’s a beautiful story about growth and looking outside the box. More than a love story, Cake is a story about life and finding your place in it.

For Ky
Sara
Feb 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. Wow, I did not expect that at all. I really liked it....

Kylie met Madison, Trent, and Dray her freshman year in college.
Madison was an absolute riot to read. She's uninhibited, smart, loyal, and really tells it like she sees it.
Trent is a humanitarian who travels the world. He's hardly ever home and is fiercely loyal to Kylie and Dray. Kylien has been in love with him since freshman year. 7 years now!
Dray is a pro NFL player, a ladies man, a dirty talking smart ass who is ALWAYS verb
Kathy
Mar 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
4.5 to 5 stars

There is a reason that Nicole Reed is a New York Times best-selling author, and Cake just validated (once again) that she should remain on that coveted list. From beginning to end, Cake will have you hooked and delighted with laughter, sadness, joy, and tears; as Nicole Reed showcases her talent as a seasoned author. For the record, I am Team Dray all the way. :wink:

I loved EVERY character in this book....Kylie, Trent, Dray, Aunt Leigh, Madison, Nick, and Lil Rip. They are all stel
Karen
Aug 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
If you aren’t afraid of some serious angst and can appreciate a back and forth love triangle then Cake is the book for you! With an intriguing title and endless possibilities of where the author might take me, I devoured this book in a few hours.

Best friends Kylie and Madison were hilarious with their banter and had me laughing out loud on multiple occasions. The writing is both sassy and emotional. Not only did it cover steamy romance and comedic moments but it tackled tougher subjects as well
Carver's Book Cravings
Jul 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Received and ARC for an honest review
5 Stars

This book holds you captive from page one. It has you rooting for all the characters to obtain their happily ever after.

Kylie is madly in love with Trent. She has been for over seven years. He only sees her as a sister though. She is hoping and waiting one day he will love her. She decides that she can have fun while She waits for Trent to love her. Can she open her heart to another man? Or will her heart stay true to Trent?

Trent is always working o
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Jan 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a great read. Yes it was the infamous love triangle, yes they were best friends but more like brothers...some bits I agreed with some bits I didn't. But I loved the story, at the end of the day I felt that Trey had, had his chance but never took it (but why he never took it I did not see coming!!), Drake, I fell in love with him, I can totally see a guy doing what he did to cover up his true emotions and was glad that he finally let them out. I can't say too much as it will spoil it, bu ...more
Jen O'grady
Sep 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a great little book, the best bits were undoubtedly the relationship between the leading lady Kylie and her badass best friend Madision, this had some really great one liners in it.
Kylie has been in live with Trent for seven years but he has only returned brotherly love to her, his 'brother' (with one of the best book name ever) Dray Savage is a thorn in her side, so there lies the love triangle.
Only downside was Trent's sudden change of heart towards Kylie it just didn't seem genuine t
Jessica(Spinecracker)
Amazing voice, great characters, but didn't stick the landing.

85% of this book was superb. Fun. Exactly what I wanted. The end was a little back and forth. And back and forth. Then back and forth again. But that didn't bother me all that much... I lika-the-drama. But then the book just ended. And then we get this epilogue that was like "oh yeah, then this and this and this happened. The End." WHAT?! Seeing it all come together IS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE BOOK. I'm really confused by this. The ONE
Kristen
Aug 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars. This book is NOTHING like Nicole Reeds other books. (btw I enjoyed her other two books, this one is just different) I loved the charcters, the humor, the angst, the tears! And the spanking scene! LOL that was so random! I loved it! I found myself waiting for something epic to happen towards the end that would totally make me swoon. After everything that happened, I think the ending was fairly predictable and lacking a "moment." Hence my -.5 star. That being said this is an excellent r ...more
Coda
Aug 08, 2013 rated it it was ok
This book was a solid 3.....until I got to the end. I kept going back and forth between the last chapter and the epilogue on my kindle, trying to find that missing chapter. Almost started cussing amazon/kindle for not send me the whole book only to realize...nope, the author missed one of the most important part of book. After all that build up, I am left wanting.....
Smitten's Book Blog

3.5 stars for Kylie & Dray. Trent can have two, lol.

Kylie Lord has known Trent Moss and Dray Savage forever. And she has been hopelessly in love with Trent for that exact amount of time. However, Dray, Trent's foster brother, is somewhat less pleasant to be around. Dray pisses Kylie off every time they are in the same room as one another, and she assumes that this will never change.
Trent is always off changing the world and 'good-doing', so Kylie treasures the time she gets to spend with him whe
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
More books like this 1 8 Sep 04, 2014 05:02AM

• Gunner (The Devil's Angels MC, #1)
  • Until Talon (Until Her/Him, #9)
  • Come (Dirty, Dark, and Deadly, #1)
  • Switch of Fate 2
  • Wild Fire (Chaos, #6.5)
  • Switch of Fate 3
  • Wanting Shaw (Rockers' Legacy Book 5)
  • Come Back (Dirty, Dark, and Deadly, #2)
  • Coming for You (Dirty, Dark, and Deadly, #3)
  • Fortuity (Transcend, #3)
  • The Time in Between (Magdalene, #3)
  • Epoch (Transcend, #2)
  • Black Swan Affair
  • Love Under Quarantine
  • Hard to Love (Hard to Love, #1)
  • First Night (Seductive Nights, #0.5)
  • Night After Night (Seductive Nights, #1)
  • Day One
Nicole Reed is the New York Times Bestselling Author of Ruining You. She is a true Southern girl, enjoying life with her husband and three children in the peachy state of Georgia. As a child, she discovered another world between the pages of a book. In 2012, she self-published her first book Ruining Me, and then followed it with Ruining You, Cake, and Wasted Heart. Her books have also been listed ...more